Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866186 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Considering the laundry list of problems the country has right now, guns should be at the bottom of priorities.  I'd hate to have to see liberal politicians burn through their political capital on a losing battle like gun control.  I think gun violence just accentuates those higher priorities such as a lack of mental health care infrastructure, piss poor workers rights that cause people to go postal, bullying and school shootings, etc.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Considering the laundry list of problems the country has right now, guns should be at the bottom of priorities.  I'd hate to have to see liberal politicians burn through their political capital on a losing battle like gun control.  I think gun violence just accentuates those higher priorities such as a lack of mental health care infrastructure, piss poor workers rights that cause people to go postal, bullying and school shootings, etc.

Agreed. Given Obama's nature, I'd imagine he'd throw assault weapon ban re-instatement off the table before negotiations started as a means of compromise. His speech focused more on background checks and flagging purchases of large caches of ammunition...which is as common sense as you can go. Which means there will be more than 100 republicans in the house ready to shit can it asap, and it will likely be filibustered in the senate. So what's the point

But even that would not have prevented Holmes from killing people

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Pretty much nothing that can be feasibly done will prevent more things like this from happening.

I did see something earlier that made me chuckle, even if I don't agree with it:  drug tests for people who want to buy guns.  If it's good enough for moochers and unemployment, it's good enough for people who want a lethal weapon.
yar

Phoenix Dark

On a side note if this had happened on the south side of Chicago, or in Detroit no one would give a fuck. I hate quoting movies, especially BATMAN, but if some soldiers get blown up in Iraq nobody panics because that's expected. But god forbid some white people get shot up on American soil, that's a national tragedy.

I'm not saying that to belittle the crime or the victims, but I'm just mad gun violence is only a problem when one group is threatened
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:48:11 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Mandark

• Icon
Well, any mass shooting by a nutjob gets attention, and what with the Batman opening, the booby-trapped apartment and the dyed red hair you've got an interesting story with a good visual, regardless of where it happened.  It's dumb that we seem have these National Conversations about persistent in the wake of big news stories, but it's human nature.  People talk more about college football culture in the wake of Sandusky/Paterno, tolerance for Muslims in American society during the "Ground Zero Mosque" brouhaha, etc.

It's backwards, in that we're galvanized by the rare and atypical, rather than paying attention to what happens every day, but waddyagonnado?

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
So I was driving to work yesterday and I turned on some crazy right wing talk radio because obviously I love punishing myself before doing my job.   I believe it was the Neal Boortz show.....I never heard of him before but he's certainly got the tea party insanity quotient locked down.  Anyway, I was about to turn it after getting my fill of nonsense until he started to tee off on the Olympics and I remember thinking to myself "Now how is he going to turn this around and blame everything on those dirty libruls?" Sure enough, Neal found a way.  He was complaining why there's so many swimming events such as the backstroke, butterfly, etc. when no one swims like that.  There should be one way to swim (obviously whatever that way was the American way) and be done with it and put in more events like NASCAR(!!) and golf.  Obviously dem libruls along with the French are influencing the event selection and should be stopped.  We shouldn't be letting our kids swim the backstroke - that's the gay way. 

God damnit.  I seriously want to move to Canada.
Tacos

So I was driving to work yesterday and I turned on some crazy right wing talk radio because obviously I love punishing myself before doing my job.   I believe it was the Neal Boortz show.....I never heard of him before but he's certainly got the tea party insanity quotient locked down.  Anyway, I was about to turn it after getting my fill of nonsense until he started to tee off on the Olympics and I remember thinking to myself "Now how is he going to turn this around and blame everything on those dirty libruls?" Sure enough, Neal found a way.  He was complaining why there's so many swimming events such as the backstroke, butterfly, etc. when no one swims like that.  There should be one way to swim (obviously whatever that way was the American way) and be done with it and put in more events like NASCAR(!!) and golf.  Obviously dem libruls along with the French are influencing the event selection and should be stopped.  We shouldn't be letting our kids swim the backstroke - that's the gay way. 

God damnit.  I seriously want to move to Canada.

Is that guy for real? Oh yeah, golf is back at the Olympics in 2016.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
NASCAR at the Olympics :rofl
dog

Himu

i backstroke all the time when i swim. it's relaxing. ???
IYKYK

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
I know people are tired of gun control, but how about just instituting some changes so we're not the legally-bought supplier of so many of the narco deaths in Mexico.

I care more about that then I do about some cracked nut with an inferiority complex that happens upon a bad idea every couple of years.  And unlike some random maniac, there has got to be some way accurately and positively change the law to fix that situation.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

whoa whoah wait wtf

you can SWIM  :o
püp

Himu

i learned to swim when i was 4 years old and was on the local pool swim team as a kid

makes it easier to escape from the cops when I hit other peoples cars. always need an escape, and a good black parent finds ways for their kid to not get caught.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

We shouldn't be letting our kids swim the backstroke - that's the gay way.

©@©™

Phoenix Dark

I was on a swim team in middle school and was pretty good. I quit shortly after being informed I'd have to start shaving my legs soon

Himu

Switching from breast stroke to back stroke and then back to breast stroke is fun!
IYKYK

Himu

We shouldn't be letting our kids swim the backstroke - that's the gay way.

Just laying on your back, while balancing yourself so you're above water, chilling is not gay!

IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

Backstroking feels good, pause.

seriously it's very refreshing when you're just lounging in a pool backstroking. And it's hilarious if there are little kids around because they stare in awe and view that form of swimming as pure magic  :lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Even Karl Rove is like "Damn Romney, y u so dumb, breh?"

©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Even Karl Rove is like "Damn Romney, y u so dumb, breh?"

The only thing scary about all of that is that according to Gallup, Obama and Romney are tied.  Initially I assumed the GOP was going to write off 2012 as an inevitable loss but this guy might actually win.  I know McCain and Obama were neck and neck for a while but the thing is this time, there probably won't be some huge sector of our economy going tits up like in 2008 that will assure an Obama victory.

I understand polls are mostly meaningless at this point but this month has been a giant gaffe for Romney and he is still hanging in there.
🍆🍆

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Gallup has been using 2010 indicators for their daily polls; they've been awful for this election cycle.
püp

Oblivion

Yeah, but you're also a muslim.

Oblivion

So what, we take away Obama's 2nd amendment rights?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Obama should have considered the costs before he started wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
©@©™

Himu

i was talking to prole on fb and mentioned how i commonly see in the college intellectual dialogue recently that romney and obama are practically the same person, and obama's foreign policy is the first clue. it's getting pretty annoying.
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
But Romney has no foreign policy experience. Are people talking about his missionary work or some shit? :lol

Himu

They base it around that they feel Romney is another Bush in the making, and if he's like Bush, then likely we will be at war with Iran if Romney gets elected. On the other hand, they also think Obama will be at war with Iran is he is reelected.
IYKYK

Oblivion

What I don't get about that pic is where is supposed to be attacking Obama from? One could think that it's doing so from the left, but then it has that "Making Statism Unpopular" thing on top.

Phoenix Dark

I stopped arguing with libtards long ago. Ultimately that argument boils down to them thinking there are two economic views: libertarianism and liberalism. So Bush and Obama are the same in this alternate reality, whereas anyone who pays a bit of attention could tell the difference between them

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
What I don't get about that pic is where is supposed to be attacking Obama from? One could think that it's doing so from the left, but then it has that "Making Statism Unpopular" thing on top.

Libertarian
dog

Himu

Another common argument is that the drone bombs used in Pakistan and Libya are proof that Obama does not deserve his piece prize and that he's no different from Bush.

It's hard to argue on that point because after all, people getting killed is still people getting killed.

But what I dislike the most about it is how they act like they are on the moral pedestal.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

I'm not going to defend Obama in terms of killing brown people. I'll just say at least he does it more efficiently and cheaper than Bush

Oblivion

Libertarian

D'oh!

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Should I know who those people are?
乱学者

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
I'm unsure if you're kidding or not, but I had the exact same reaction so yea, it's a very unpolished Sarah Palin and hubbie.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
I mean it's one thing to get food from CFA.

It's another to have a photo taken with a thumb up like, "YEAH! FUCK THOSE LIBERUL FEGS & FEG LOVERS!"

Oblivion

Washington Post: Romney bans media from Jerusalem fundraiser, violating pre-established protocol

https://twitter.com/LOLGOP

Worst possible Romney gaffe he could make on his tour? How about: "I'm just not sure Israel is ready for Jesus' return."?

:rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:02:26 PM by Oblivion »

Phoenix Dark

Bought some chicken, made the news. Palin is dominating the news cycle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Fast-food chicken hasn't dominated the news like this since that time KFC ran out of chicken on $5 8-piece bucket night.
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Goddamn, all this talk of chicken is making me want to get some dinner at Popeyes
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

where does our first African American president stand on this pressing issue?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Clinton's liked chicken since the 90s
püp

Phoenix Dark

I bet as I type this, there's a conservative blog/website intern somewhere scouring google for an image of Obama eating at CFA

Human Snorenado

• Icon

Funny story- after his open heart bypass surgery, the Big Dog hasn't eaten meat per doctor's orders... unless of course you count all that pussy he's eating.
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
he was thinkin' arbies
püp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

... unless of course you count all that pussy he's eating.

Maybe he should have been eating stuff lower in fat.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

I'd be Clinton's wing man. He'd take the ugly friend

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

... unless of course you count all that pussy he's eating.

Maybe he should have been eating stuff lower in fat.

iceburn.gif
©ZH

And then he'd take the hot one.
野球

Human Snorenado

• Icon

And then he'd take the hot one.

yar

Phoenix Dark

:lol :'(

Mandark

• Icon
The Romney campaign's foreign policy adviser basically said that Romney would give the green light to Israel bombing Iran.

All the usual caveats apply (campaign rhetoric that can be tossed away if he hypothetically wins, conditional on how the situation develops, blah blah blah), but really?  BAD IDEA.  No new wars Israel, kthx.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
The Romney campaign's foreign policy adviser basically said that Romney would give the green light to Israel bombing Iran.

All the usual caveats apply (campaign rhetoric that can be tossed away if he hypothetically wins, conditional on how the situation develops, blah blah blah), but really?  BAD IDEA.  No new wars Israel, kthx.

YO PEOPLE

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I feel really uncomfortable criticizing anything Israel does because, you know, the whole BEING NAMED ARIAN THING
[close]
yar

Phoenix Dark

They also said they'll support recognizing Israel's capitol as Jerusalem and moving the US embassy there. I tend to think this is a lot of tough talk and overcompensating. Romney's foreign policy team is basically the Bush/PNAC crew, and even they didn't pull the trigger on Iran; iirc Bush specifically told Israel no about a year after re-election.

That's not to say these developments aren't troubling or cause for concern/derision, just that I think this is him trying to gain foreign policy credibility (and large Jewish donations) by throwing red meat to the base. An Israeli attack on Iran would be a disaster.

Gotta love Netanyahu basically endorsing all this and directly saying that the Iran sanctions have done nothing. Great

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
so if McCain had won 2008, would we be warring with Iran right now?  Would the Arab Spring even have happened if the whole Muslim world is monumentally pissed at America and their anger has a more convenient target then their own leaders?

or is that too far fetched?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
so if McCain had won 2008, would we be warring with Iran right now?  Would the Arab Spring even have happened if the whole Muslim world is monumentally pissed at America and their anger has a more convenient target then their own leaders?

or is that too far fetched?

Not at all. 

If McCain had won, we'd probably be at war with the entire Middle East by this point.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/07/2012730141942976671.html?utm_content=automate&utm_campaign=Trial6&utm_source=NewSocialFlow&utm_term=plustweets&utm_medium=MasterAccount

For Creepy Old Guy.

"According to the sentence that was issued, four of the defendants in this case were sentenced to death," prosecutor general Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei told IRNA.

Two people were sentenced to life and others received jail sentences of up to 25 years, Mohseni-Ejei said. In addition to jail time, some were sentenced to flogging, ordered to pay fines and banned from government jobs.

:bow
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Iran gettin' stuff done.
©@©™