Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866179 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Actually I thought T-Paw escaped. She didn't really press hard enough on the Ryan budget having the same cuts, and relied a bit too much on legislative jargon. The simplest way to handle this is:

1. If Obama "stole" from Medicare, does that mean Ryan "stole" from Medicare too since he has the exact same cuts in his budget?

2. *explanation of 716b Medicare cuts in layman terms (Medicare Advantage, hospital reimbursement cuts which hospitals agreed on, etc)*

3. Please explain "premium support program" ie giving people a sum of money to buy insurance. IE a voucher...

Oblivion

13% on tens of millions per year, and screaming bloody murder on the prospect of bumping that up by a percent or two.

In the meantime, in soviet canuckistan, I pay in the neighborhood of 30% income tax on 85k a year, and somehow our society is not crumbling to dust.

"bu-bu-but you can't raise taxes on JOB CREATORS!  Then they won't create jobs!"

America's unemployment rate: 8.3%

Canada's unemployment rate: 7.3%

How full of shit are Republicans? Soo full of shit.

But...you're not a job creator so it doesn't count.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:24:08 AM by Oblivion »

Oblivion

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/soledad-obrien-calls-out-rep-chaffetz-saying

wow  :lol

My little cutie pie, Soledad's been doing a great job this week. But as far as the medicare cuts go, she (and many others in fairness) are needlessly complication the issue. Here's a much better way to make the argument in favor of Obama, courtesy of ma boy, Steve Benen:

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/08/17/13335003-missing-the-medicare-forest-for-the-trees?lite

Oh, also:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/soledad-obrien-grills-president-of-group-accusing-obama-of-leaking-info-taking-credit-for-bin-laden-raid/

Oblivion

Phoenix Dark

something tells me there's a republican version of that type of video, just less articulate. The mere thought makes it impossible for me to enjoy this video

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
something tells me there's a republican version of that type of video, just less articulate. The mere thought makes it impossible for me to enjoy this video

©@©™

Phoenix Dark

straight from the Oval Office. yup

I wouldn't be surprised if the WH leaked the Kill List info, but suggesting they're willingly releasing actionable intelligence that puts soldiers/agents at risk is pathetic.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Haha, wow, check out this assclown Todd Akin. He thinks that all schools should be privitized (poor kids can go work in the fields) and that women can't get pregnant from rape (he's talked to some doctors).

:bow compassionate conservatism :bow2
©@©™

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
^polls show he'll win too.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
oh god todd akin.  sad thing is that he's not even that bad compared to so many other missouri republicans.

please god do not let this happen
pcp

Phoenix Dark

His lead is shrinking. I'm no fan of McCaskill but hopefully this gives her some momentum

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/soledad-obrien-calls-out-rep-chaffetz-saying

wow  :lol

Soledad O'Brien is on fire. That's like the second time in two days that she's called out some Republican stooge on their medicare bullcrap.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-ostroy/soledad-interview-journalism-school_b_1778181.html

Edit: Actually, I guess it's the third. Looks like she had T-Paw on the other day to talk medicare as well.

Soledad graduated from my HS... I think one of my neighbors took her to senior prom, even :P
^_^

Oblivion

Haha, wow, check out this assclown Todd Akin. He thinks that all schools should be privitized (poor kids can go work in the fields) and that women can't get pregnant from rape (he's talked to some doctors).

:bow compassionate conservatism :bow2

Quote from: Dana Loesch
Was Akin's "misspeech" ridiculous? Of course. Is it worse than the misdeeds of his opponent, Claire McCaskill, who rubber-stamps Obama's war on Missouri coal jobs and tripled our deficit? Not by conservative standards, or any real standard of measurement.

:usacry

Mandark

• Icon
Ugh.

It's not like this is even theoretical, cause there's a depressing history of war rape that results in a lot of unwanted (and in some cases even forced) pregnancies, and a lot's been written about how the victims and their communities have dealt with the resulting children.

Saying stuff like that is such a cruel, selfish, sort of ignorance.  I think this is very relevant.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Yesterday, my father in law said to me that if Obama wins again that we will see $10 a gallon of gas as punishment by the oil companies. So vote for Romney to avoid being punished by them.  :lol  :-\
©ZH

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
Yesterday, my father in law said to me that if Obama wins again that we will see $10 a gallon of gas as punishment by the oil companies. So vote for Romney to avoid being punished by them.  :lol  :-\
Texas is full of these type of people :( :( :(

Himu

ahahahahahaha welcome to my life
IYKYK

Really glad I live in Western Washington, those kind of people still exist, but they're the minority.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
My department had to shuffle cubicles around and now I get the pleasure of hearing some neocon coworkers talk about "Obama taking my guns away!" and "Obama wants to take money from those who earned it and give out more handouts and foodstamps!". I mean, I do work in a heavily Republican-leaning industry but there are a few fellow liberals hanging around keeping a low profile :P
^_^

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
start listening to librul talk radio really loud, and when the dudes come by to argue just go "shhhhh! listen" and point to the radio.  they'll walk away
pcp

Phoenix Dark

start listening to librul talk radio really loud, and when the dudes come by to argue just go "shhhhh! listen" and point to the radio.  they'll walk away

Listen to NPR, it will drive them even more insane since they're paying for it.
野球

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
NBA Campaign Donors
http://hoopshype.com/campaign.htm

(Image removed from quote.)

The only person on there that I'm actually surprised by is Pop. 
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
himu-chan, you have some genuine lunatics on your facebook

Yeah, sorry about going full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow on her.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...no I'm not.
[close]
yar

himu-chan, you have some genuine lunatics on your facebook

Yeah, sorry about going full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow on her.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...no I'm not.
[close]

She beat you to it.
野球

Mandark

• Icon
Different one, apparently.  Himu just seems to draw a certain type to him

Just found out one of the soldiers killed in the helicopter attack in Afghanistan last week is my buddy's step-brother.  :'(
野球

Mandark

• Icon
So so sorry.

A coworker of mine has a brother who enlisted and shipped off recently, she keeps telling me stories with phrases like "and if he hadn't rolled out of bed, he would have been killed by the mortar."  It has to be tough having that creeping in the back of your mind all the time.

Phoenix Dark

sorry to hear that gundam  :'(

野球

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
what the fuck is happening with the GOP right now
püp

Phoenix Dark

The biggest hail mary pass of all time, and given this economy it just might work

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
stop that maurice  :lol
püp

Phoenix Dark

How am I wrong? Ryan as VP, super anti-abortion stances, not even basic gay rights acknowledgements, no immigration support...they're going all in. In a normal election this would be suicide. But in an election during a bad economy, two years after local GOP parties took over multiple states in the aftermath of a Census? Mix in the billions of corporate donations and it's clear they're going for all the marbles. They either win in the face of demographic shifts, or lose big.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Yeah, it's like the Republican party finally took Bush's vapid and transparent "compassionate conservatism" and chucked it to the wayside, being absolutely blatant what they stand for - fucking over the poor and middle class, fucking over the seniors on medicare, anti women, anti gay, anti minority, anti immigration. Basically, anti anybody who is not a rich old white man. Totally agree that this is one last "hail mary" for the modern-day Republican party, before demographic changes render them completely unelectable and irrelevant.
^_^

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
How am I wrong? Ryan as VP, super anti-abortion stances, not even basic gay rights acknowledgements, no immigration support...they're going all in. In a normal election this would be suicide. But in an election during a bad economy, two years after local GOP parties took over multiple states in the aftermath of a Census? Mix in the billions of corporate donations and it's clear they're going for all the marbles. They either win in the face of demographic shifts, or lose big.

This is the white man's last stand.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
The GOP fading away into irrelevance is a masturbatory fantasy: they'll adjust as needed and adjusting doesn't necessarily mean things like universal health care either.

I agree with PD that this is a hail mary: crap economy, likely low or decreased youth voter turnout versus 2008, and they successfully browbeat a virtual Democratic supermajority with significant public backing into one of the biggest Democratic loss since 1994.  That and in spite of a really shitty campaign by Romney, Obama and Romney are almost tied.  I can't fault them for going all in because even if they lose the Presidential election, they will likely pick up the Senate and retain the House.  This is as close to a perfect storm for them as it is going to get.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:48:38 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Just wait until they figure out that if they stopped being distinguished mentally-challenged about immigration, they'd probably get a ton of the conservative latino vote.
©@©™

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Is there video of the GOP speaker dropping the N bomb on TV when talking about "urban folks" stealing ballots out of mailboxes at today's party platform meeting?

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
whaaaaaaat??? please be so
pcp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
THE SHERIFF IS A *CLANG*

It was bound to happen.
yar

Himu

Is there video of the GOP speaker dropping the N bomb on TV when talking about "urban folks" stealing ballots out of mailboxes at today's party platform meeting?

omg :rofl
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I can't find anything about it anywhere.  Guess I'll check KOS, if anyone has it it would be them.
yar

AdmiralViscen

on SA a few people were saying that someone said "these nig ----- urban types are stealing ballots from mailboxes!!!!" but I want to see it with my own eyes

c span is gonna put it all up on their site I guess but it doesnt run on the ipad. It was when they were talking about voter ID and shit

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
So was it just some random person? When you said the speaker, I thought you meant John Boehner. :lol
©@©™

AdmiralViscen

it was some party representative important enough to be at their televised party platform framing meeting. if it happened id like to see it

Human Snorenado

• Icon
If it's on tape it will get out there.  If it's not on tape, then it won't become an urban myth like the Michelle Obama "whitey" tape because there is no Andrew Breitbart equivalent on the left.  Sadly.
yar

Some guy who lives about 20 miles south of Seattle was arrested tonight by the Secret Service due to making death threats against Obama. I'm guessing this happens regularly, but doesn't make national news.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/article/Federal-Way-man-arrested-for-allegedly-3805293.php
野球

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
QED

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
What's the deal with Obama's second term? I just cannot wrap my head around the kind of fiery mental hoops that have be jumped through to get to that kind of thinking.
dog

Phoenix Dark

haha @ the beltway folks looking disgusted  :lol

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

BITCHES LEAVE
pcp

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Haha, that old bitty is pissed off. She's just trying to suck Paul Ryan's dick over here, and then this angry black man just jumps in and gets all rambunctious. This is SERIOUS business, Mr. Distinguished Black Fellow!
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I think Ryan is a better pick than Palin (because let's be real), but it's truly amazing the mental gymnastics the GOP is performing to support this man.
püp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I actually think Ryan is a worse pick than Palin.  I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP paymasters forced Ryan (or strongly suggested) onto Romney.

:hans1
🍆🍆

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I think Ryan is a better pick than Palin (because let's be real)

Palin was a yapping dog, annoying and loud but totally harmless. Everybody knew from the start that she was never going to play any role in policy-making. Ryan is polarizing and genuinely despised by a lot of people, in large part because of how dangerous his policies and positions are.
dog