Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866217 times)

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #18660 on: September 08, 2012, 03:33:11 AM »
switch the GOP and voters, make the shotgun "Obama," and you'd have a perfectly legitimate modern conservative editorial cartoon
püp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #18661 on: September 08, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
I saw some of the DNC highlights.  It was ok.

I looked at 538 and looks my prediction early this year is coming to fruition that Obama will end up with the same amount of electoral votes he received in 2008, give or take a couple of states.  We're at the point where barring a huge disaster, things are starting to set into place.  Couple that with Obama probably going to run circles around Romney in the debate, I just want to get this election over with and move on.

At this point, I'm paying more attention to see how the Senate breaks.  Forget any semblance of productivity if the Republicans capture both sides of Congress.
🍆🍆

Trurl

« Reply #18662 on: September 08, 2012, 06:38:45 PM »
2012 being the same as 2008 with Indiana and North Carolina flipping seems like the safest bet.  If I were to make a map to bet on I would give Obama everything he won in 2008 minus the states already mentioned and Florida and perhaps Ohio to make it interesting.

This must be the least exciting presidential election since 1996.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:42:06 PM by Trurl »

Himu

IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #18664 on: September 10, 2012, 01:48:52 AM »

what the fuck is this shit

Robo

« Reply #18665 on: September 10, 2012, 02:23:43 AM »
:duh
obo

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18666 on: September 10, 2012, 07:54:37 AM »
lol that chick is so dumb
©@©™

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #18667 on: September 10, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »

This is why the Internet is great.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18668 on: September 10, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »
Dick Morris is awful :lol
püp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18669 on: September 10, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
While Dick Morris' twat is a couple weeks old, even the right wing Rasmussen poll shows Romney losing by five points.

texp and other fellow Stein supporters:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/zlwj8/i_am_jill_stein_green_party_presidential/?limit=500

Thanks for the link :)
🍆🍆

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18670 on: September 10, 2012, 08:25:42 PM »
I really like Stein and I'm pumped for that AMA.
püp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18671 on: September 10, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »
Well, he's not wrong.  It's like once Rosario Dawson goes out with me, we'll never be apart.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:47:43 PM by Mandark »

Barry Egan

« Reply #18672 on: September 10, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »
 :lol

What a fun campaign this has turned out to be.

Beezy

« Reply #18673 on: September 10, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
Well, he's not wrong.  It's like when Rosario Dawson goes out with me, we'll never be apart.
:lol

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18674 on: September 10, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »
http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/2012/09/10/15-of-ohio-republicans-credit-mitt-romney-with-killing-bin-laden

According to a Public Policy Polls survey of Ohio voters, 38% of Ohio Republicans say  Barack Obama is most responsible for the bin Laden's death, 15% say Romney, and 47% were unsure. The results were similar in North Carolina, where 29% of Republicans said Obama deserves more credit, versus 15% Romney and 56% unsure.

©@©™

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18675 on: September 11, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »
I'm gonna be charitable and say that if someone had asked me a similar question, designed with only one possible answer so I'd have to praise the guy I was voting against ("Who is more responsible for Saddam Hussein being deposed? George Bush or Michael Moore?") I'd be tempted to give a screw-you answer.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That said, never bet against the crazification factor
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18676 on: September 11, 2012, 01:06:19 AM »
Also, I haven't been following Iraq too closely, but the vice president is still a fugitive and has now been sentenced, in absentia, to death for allegedly operating a death squad.  WTF.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #18677 on: September 11, 2012, 02:21:26 AM »
Well, he's not wrong.  It's like once Rosario Dawson goes out with me, we'll never be apart.

The power of material implication!
QED

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #18678 on: September 11, 2012, 06:16:59 AM »
http://www.indecisionforever.com/blog/2012/09/10/15-of-ohio-republicans-credit-mitt-romney-with-killing-bin-laden

According to a Public Policy Polls survey of Ohio voters, 38% of Ohio Republicans say  Barack Obama is most responsible for the bin Laden's death, 15% say Romney, and 47% were unsure. The results were similar in North Carolina, where 29% of Republicans said Obama deserves more credit, versus 15% Romney and 56% unsure.

(Image removed from quote.)

Wait, why would Romney get any credit? That doesn't make any sense!

MMA

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #18679 on: September 11, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »
Also, I haven't been following Iraq too closely, but the vice president is still a fugitive and has now been sentenced, in absentia, to death for allegedly operating a death squad.  WTF.

There is a drone with his name on it coming his way

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #18680 on: September 11, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »
Stanhope on healthcare :

“Old people are getting into fights now in town hall meetings about health care. You don’t fucking deserve it! Everyone else has health care, ‘but we need health care. Canada has health care, everyone else does…’ You think Americans deserve health care? Have you looked at this fucking horrible fat fuck country, slovenly sedentary lazy fat fucks! You don’t even try! Once you get free health care, ‘Oh yeah, fucking Sunday afternoon, buy 4 stuffed crust Cheesy Bread Cheese pizzas, and you’ll get a Meaty Meaty Pork Pie Pork Bacon pizza for free with 12 Cinna-loaves!’ (imitates glutton sounds, stuffing his face) ‘That’s a pretty good deal!’ (more gluttony sounds) ‘You know what else we need is free health care, too! (more gluttony sounds) ‘My diabetes is so bad, I can’t even feel my feet!’ (more gluttony sounds) ‘I have open fissures in my leg muscles so deep you can put your whole finger there!’ (more gluttony sounds) ‘Who’s gonna pay for my amputation!?’ (more glutton sounds) ‘If I was in Amsterdam, they’d pay for my amputations ‘cause they have free health care…’ You know what else they have? BICYCLES! And they use them! (briefly sings circus music / ‘Barnum and Bailey’s Favorite’ theme). You get nothing free. You gotta try on your own a little bit! We live in a country where the face of fitness is Jarod from Subway!! That’s your goal! It used to be like Jack LaLanne or Charles Atlas or some shit, dragging a tugboat with his teeth across the Hudson river, now it’s some guy, that’s still kinda fat. He’s not as fat as he could be fat, or he used to be fat, but he’s still kinda fat. That’s what you should aspire to! You wouldn’t fuck Jarod with the lights on — c’mon! That’s your goal? That’s awful! You can’t give Americans free shit ‘cause ‘free’ is used as such a buzzword for gluttony. Like it’s been used in advertising so much, ‘buy one get one free,’ ‘free with purchase,’ ‘free samples’ at the grocery store…’Oh Black Forest Ham, I never tried Black Forest Ham (more gluttony sounds). Turn your hat backwards so they don’t recognize you when you go back! ‘Vermont cheese, what’s that?’ (more gluttony sounds) They do the same shit with free health care! ‘They said it’s free, let’s get something fucking checked. I got an itch, or a scratch, or a bite or a lump. Let’s get this checked out! Doctor, I got a spot! Check it out for free!’ ‘It’s a fucking coffee stain!! It’s not even on your skin, it’s on your shirt!’ ‘Well let’s get a biopsy of that! That could be precancerous, right?! It’s free — get my money’s worth…’”
O=X

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18681 on: September 11, 2012, 09:18:15 AM »
:bow
©ZH

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #18682 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »
well that ties back to the us's totally fucked food policies which make shit like corn and wheat so cheap.
Tonya

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #18683 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
Dick Morris is awful :lol
He is, but Power Plays is a fairly good book. It's before he abandoned his sell to anyone political advising for become GOP commentator.
well that ties back to the us's totally fucked food policies which make shit like corn and wheat so cheap.
Shhhh, Iowa might hear.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18684 on: September 11, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »
Doesn't Stanhope smoke?

Himu

« Reply #18685 on: September 11, 2012, 11:37:39 AM »
And how!
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #18686 on: September 11, 2012, 12:29:27 PM »
And drink.  And do drugs.  And is some sort of anarcho-libertarian. 
yar

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #18687 on: September 11, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »
Ya, I'm not a Stanhope fan.  I just don't see the funny in that wall of text.

Straight-up asshole-ishness, sure, but he must have forgotten the funny.
MMA

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18688 on: September 11, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »
http://blog.workingamerica.org/2012/09/10/national-police-union-refuses-to-endorse-romney-first-such-refusal-in-98-years/

The Republican Party’s rabid attack on collective bargaining rights in 2011, particularly in Ohio and Wisconsin, is taking a political toll in 2012. Turns out that many traditionally Republican voters believe that their fire departments should be able to negotiate for adequate safety equipment or that the police officers who risk their lives on the streets should have a seat at the bargaining table.
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #18689 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15:32 PM »
I tend to like Stanhope but I don't find that funny at all.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18690 on: September 11, 2012, 04:13:02 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19562688

So that nutter pastor Terry Jones down in Florida is making an anti-Muslim movie and people in Egypt are going apeshit. My question is how do they find out about these things? This guy's only claim to fame is that one time he said he was gonna burn the Koran, otherwise I've never heard of him, and I've never heard of this movie, but he's got people on the other side of the world tearing shit up. Does he send out a press release to the Middle East before he does this stuff "Hey, I making a movie about how much you guys suck, lol!"
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18691 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:45 PM »
An official in Jerusalem said that the prime minister's office sent the White House a message stating that although Netanyahu will spend only two and a half days on U.S. soil, he is interested in meeting Obama and is willing to travel to the U.S. capital specifically for that purpose. The official added that the White House rejected the request and said that at this time Obama's schedule does not allow for a meeting.

The White House's response marks a new low in relations between Netanyahu and Obama, underscored by the fact that this is the first time Netanyahu will visit the U.S. as prime minister without meeting the president.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak tried to ease the tension on Tuesday, saying that the differences between the U.S. and Israel should be ironed out "but behind closed doors."
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/white-house-declines-netanyahu-request-to-meet-with-obama.premium-1.464328

Coming after Bibi basically took a shit on the US government's handling of Iran today.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18692 on: September 11, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »

A direct comparison is less misleading, but also less eye-popping.

The standard measure of unemployment (U-3) when Obama took office was 7.9 percent. Now it’s 8.1 percent.

The broader measure of unemployment (U-6) when Obama took office was 14.2 percent. Now it’s 14.7 percent.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18694 on: September 11, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
I catch myself nodding at his responses until anything related to the economy is brought up.   :-\  His response to the education question in particular is absurdly dumb.
yar

Himu

« Reply #18695 on: September 11, 2012, 05:12:47 PM »
Agreed.
IYKYK

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #18696 on: September 11, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »
Could someone post some stupid answers? I try and read Reddit but it hurts my brain  :-\
bent

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18697 on: September 11, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
Could someone post some stupid answers? I try and read Reddit but it hurts my brain  :-\

qft

take that archaic shit somewhere else

Himu

« Reply #18698 on: September 11, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »

Here's q&a's all in one post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/zq0ow/i_am_gov_gary_johnson_the_libertarian_candidate/c66rvnu
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18699 on: September 11, 2012, 07:39:30 PM »
A lot of his answers are surprisingly progressive for a libertarian.  Shame about that fair tax thing though :-\
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:41:03 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #18700 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
Yeah, I agree with a lot of his answers except for his stance on taxes and the education system.
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #18701 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »

People still like to eat a lot. That's also a problem.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18704 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:04 AM »
Trying my hardest not to explode on facebook in relation to this Egypt embassy shit. Given the language being thrown around it sounds like folks want to....attack Libya?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #18705 on: September 12, 2012, 09:59:34 AM »
Trying my hardest not to explode on facebook in relation to this Egypt embassy shit. Given the language being thrown around it sounds like folks want to....attack Libya?
Maybe they're confusing the Cairo attacks for the Benghazi ones.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #18707 on: September 12, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »
Romney's attack was not only ill-judged and ill-timed, it was actually based on what appears to be a demonstrable falsehood.

quelle surprise
Tonya

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18708 on: September 12, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »
I'm watching Romney's remakes/question taking
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/mitt-romneys-statements-on-attacks-on-libyan-embassy

What the fuck is he doing? The embassy response came out BEFORE the attack

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #18709 on: September 12, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
The reality barrier has been shattered, time is now without form or structure. Obama's failed presidency rippled back in time, destroying President Bush's legacy and causing the financial crash of 2009 and TARP.
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18710 on: September 12, 2012, 11:49:34 AM »
Romney is not about let the rules of time and space dictate his campaign.
dog

Barry Egan

« Reply #18711 on: September 12, 2012, 12:00:55 PM »

Hmmmm, where have I seen that facial expression before...I just can't put my finger on it. :smug

Eat shit Romney.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:02:55 PM by Barry Egan »

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #18712 on: September 12, 2012, 12:04:27 PM »
The reality barrier has been shattered, time is now without form or structure. Obama's failed presidency rippled back in time, destroying President Bush's legacy and causing the financial crash of 2009 and TARP.

the problem is that there are now infinite romneys

#manhattanprojects
Tonya

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #18713 on: September 12, 2012, 12:10:44 PM »

the problem is that there are now infinite romneys

#manhattanprojects

I knew Mormon families were huge, but this is ridiculous~
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18714 on: September 12, 2012, 12:27:45 PM »
Well, if we ever needed absolute confirmation that he's a complete and total remorseless sociopath with no basic human empathy, we've now got it.  Go shove some dynamite up your ass, you scumfucking cuntburger.
yar

Barry Egan

« Reply #18715 on: September 12, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »
One of the people killed in this attack was a moderator from Something Awful that I actually really liked.  I wasnt personal friends with him or anything, but it makes Romneys cynical political play more infuriating to me then usual.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:44:08 PM by Barry Egan »

Himu

« Reply #18716 on: September 12, 2012, 12:45:03 PM »
Who died?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #18718 on: September 12, 2012, 12:49:35 PM »
Holy shit, he was a mod at D&D! RIP.

This thread!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186581
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #18719 on: September 12, 2012, 01:00:51 PM »
Holy shit, I'm even more angry about this than I normally would be now. Vilerat died in that attack and Romney is politicizing it? I'm with you Grandpa.
IYKYK