Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866167 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #18781 on: September 13, 2012, 01:43:47 PM »
Obama should have bombed Germany to make sure. Leading from behind.
©@©™

Oblivion

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #18782 on: September 13, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
Holy shit, it's all over for B-rock the Islamic Shock:

Ohio - O 50 - R 43
Florida - O 49 - R 44
Virginia - O 49- R 44

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #18783 on: September 13, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #18784 on: September 13, 2012, 07:52:49 PM »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #18785 on: September 13, 2012, 08:13:44 PM »
yar

Himu

« Reply #18786 on: September 13, 2012, 08:57:50 PM »
IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #18787 on: September 13, 2012, 09:47:16 PM »
Holy shit, it's all over for B-rock the Islamic Shock:

Ohio - O 50 - R 43
Florida - O 49 - R 44
Virginia - O 49- R 44

乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18788 on: September 13, 2012, 10:14:22 PM »
At this point, I don't think Rmoney can afford to lose either OH or FL.  Obviously losing both would sink him fo sho.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18789 on: September 13, 2012, 11:22:06 PM »
He has to win Ohio, there's no path to the White House without it for him. Whereas Obama could lose Florida and Ohio and still win

http://www.270towin.com/

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18790 on: September 14, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »
cant wait for the truly insane shit theyre gonna pull out to try n sink obama in the next few weeks!
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18791 on: September 14, 2012, 12:36:02 AM »
cant wait for the truly insane shit theyre gonna pull out to try n sink obama in the next few weeks!

Well, there's this:

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, an informal advisor to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, said on Thursday he and his fellow members of a state board were considering removing President Barack Obama from the Kansas ballot this November.

Kobach is part of the State Objections Board along with Attorney General Derek Schmidt and Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer, all Republicans. The Topeka Capital-Journal reported that on Thursday the board agreed consider whether to take Obama off the ballot because they said they lacked sufficient evidence about his birth certificate.

“I don’t think it’s a frivolous objection,” Kobach said, according to the Capital-Journal. “I do think the factual record could be supplemented.”

The board is looking at a complaint filed by Joe Montgomery, of Manhattan, Kan., who claimed the Obama is not a natural born U.S. citizen and so is ineligible to be president. The man appears to be part of a group of conspiracy theorists known as “birthers,” who deny Obama’s birth certificate is real.
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18792 on: September 14, 2012, 12:56:44 AM »
I hope they do it, actually.  Kobach is a member of the Romney campaign, and that move would further the campaign/party to go on the record for all to see. It'll be like the Akin shit: crazy on fully display

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #18793 on: September 14, 2012, 01:05:17 AM »
yeah, it's not like Obama is gonna win Kansas. go for it!~
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18794 on: September 14, 2012, 01:15:20 AM »
A sitting President being taken off a state ballot for reasons that didn't even amount to anything the first time around would be the most mind-boggling thing ever.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18795 on: September 14, 2012, 01:18:23 AM »
A sitting President being taken off a state ballot for reasons that didn't even amount to anything the first time around would be the most mind-boggling thing ever.

Just wait until the House impeaches Bernanke next week!
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18796 on: September 14, 2012, 01:21:22 AM »
Does nobody remember the successful impeachment of a sitting president over a blowjob?  I mean, sure, the Republicans you've got today are crazy, but they're not setting records.

Let me tell you about Joe Louis...

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18797 on: September 14, 2012, 01:25:49 AM »
Does nobody remember the successful impeachment of a sitting president over a blowjob?  I mean, sure, the Republicans you've got today are crazy, but they're not setting records.

Rocky Marciano!
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18798 on: September 14, 2012, 01:32:57 AM »

Rocky Marciano!

*Like*

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:34:59 AM by Mandark »

Himu

« Reply #18799 on: September 14, 2012, 01:35:33 AM »
How accurate is that Jewish guy, Mandark? I can vouch that the rest of the barbershop in Coming to America is pretty authentic.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18800 on: September 14, 2012, 01:43:25 AM »
"Joe Louis was 137 years old!"

Movie is great.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18801 on: September 14, 2012, 01:47:49 AM »
How accurate is that Jewish guy, Mandark? I can vouch that the rest of the barbershop in Coming to America is pretty authentic.

I used to work directly next to a barbershop like that.  Kinda wish I still did, cause I'd love to sit in and listen to the old black dudes talk about RG3 and Mitt Romney.  I think I've told this story before, but the one time I got my hair cut there I had to wait cause the first guy available didn't "know how to cut white guys' hair."  And that was the token white barber.

The most spot-on thing about the Jewish guy is that when they're talking about Cassius Clay, he's the one defending the name change and getting all prickly*.  Most of the really old Jewish men I've known have been liberal as shit.  My grandfather cancelled his subscription to The Atlantic in the 90's because it had "gotten too conservative."

spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is also great cause it lets Eddie Murphy say "Muhammad" over and over with as much phlegm as possible.
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18802 on: September 14, 2012, 02:00:48 AM »
White dudes come into the barber shop I frequent all the time. Usually they're military/ROTC and getting low cuts. Last year the whitest white guy came in there decked out in Marine shit and said "hello, could you give me a Julius?" Me and the brothers looked at him like

The barber was like "uh do you mean a Caesar?" and he said "oh that's what it's called. My sergeant told me it was called a Julius..." Everyone busted out laughing

Himu

« Reply #18803 on: September 14, 2012, 02:31:07 AM »
:rofl

White people never go to the barbers I frequent. Only one guy I knew in college did, and he got low cuts.

I remember when I moved to Florida, I asked around the school on where I could find a black barber shop as that's the first thing I do when I go to a new place. The people, mostly white, were offended. "Why does it have to be a black barber shop?"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:33:46 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18804 on: September 14, 2012, 02:38:37 AM »
I'm still scarred by the time my mom took me to Fantastic Sams. We had just moved from Detroit to a nicer (and whiter) city, and I needed a haircut. Shortly after I got in the chair the barber talked to my mom, then the other barbers, and finally we left. When I asked my mom what happened she was like "they don't know how to cut black people's hair"  :violin

Himu

« Reply #18805 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:19 AM »
No white person has ever touched my hair with clippers. 8)
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #18806 on: September 14, 2012, 03:07:20 AM »
White dudes come into the barber shop I frequent all the time. Usually they're military/ROTC and getting low cuts. Last year the whitest white guy came in there decked out in Marine shit and said "hello, could you give me a Julius?" Me and the brothers looked at him like
(Image removed from quote.)
The barber was like "uh do you mean a Caesar?" and he said "oh that's what it's called. My sergeant told me it was called a Julius..." Everyone busted out laughing

this is awesome :lol
AMC

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18807 on: September 14, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
Mitt Romney on Wednesday:

“It’s also important for me — just as it was for the White House, last night by the way — to say that the statements were inappropriate, and in my view a disgraceful statement on the part of our administration to apologize for American values.”

Mitt Romney on Friday:

“You know, I think it’s dispiriting sometimes to see some of the awful things people say,” Romney said. “And the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong. And I wish people wouldn’t do it.”

“I think the whole film is a terrible idea,” he said. “I think him making it, promoting it showing it is disrespectful to people of other faiths. I don’t think that should happen. I think people should have the common courtesy and judgment —- the good judgment — not to be — not to offend other peoples’ faiths. It’s a very bad thing, I think, this guy’s doing.”
dog

Himu

« Reply #18808 on: September 14, 2012, 01:04:03 PM »
:lol

I mean...

IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18809 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/bryan-fischer-todays-gop-will-be-dead-if-romney-loses.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

“If Barack Obama wins this election the Republican Party as we know it is finished, it is dead, it is toast — you can stick a fork in it,” he told TPM Friday at the Values Voter Summit in Washington. “And conservatives, grassroots conservatives, are either going to start a third party or they are going to launch a hostile takeover of the Republican Party.”

“I think if Mitt Romney loses this election that the pro-family leaders in the United States should get together with Rick Perry on Nov. 7 and start planning for 2016,” he said.

Ho ho, well 2016 sounds like it's gonna be a blast.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18810 on: September 14, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »
Poor Rick Santorum. He has done more for the religious right movement than anyone else over the last few years and they still don't give a shit about him (when given other options)

Himu

« Reply #18811 on: September 14, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18812 on: September 14, 2012, 01:55:12 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/09/muslim-protests-spread-around-the-globe/100369/

obama with star of david on his eyes made me laugh out loud

I found this picture pretty bizarre:

spoiler (click to show/hide)

:usacry
[close]
dog

Himu

« Reply #18813 on: September 14, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »
I agree, that Hardee's is too clean. The after picture looks a more accurate depiction of the chain.

Also, I like how many are protesting America while wearing western-styled clothing.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18814 on: September 14, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

Himu

« Reply #18815 on: September 14, 2012, 02:00:01 PM »
:lol
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #18816 on: September 14, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »
Guess you really don't want to be caught in a Krispy Kreme. All that glaze must be inflammable.

This might have been posted, but that isidewith site started logging the results of the sites that took their survey.

GAF is on there: http://www.isidewith.com/results/9
4chan: http://www.isidewith.com/results/10
SA: http://www.isidewith.com/results/36

DU: http://www.isidewith.com/results/44
FreeRepublic: http://www.isidewith.com/results/37

They're listed on the main page under the map: http://www.isidewith.com/ (Though some of them like Drudge and Fox News don't seem to work for me anymore.)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18817 on: September 14, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »
So some rightwingers make a video, the middle east is rioting over it, and it's Obama's fault for what now? I can't wrap my head around this.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18818 on: September 14, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »
So some rightwingers make a video, the middle east is rioting over it, and it's Obama's fault for what now? I can't wrap my head around this.

That's nothing, now try to wrap your head around former Bush advisers saying that the attack on our embassy in another country proves that Obama is soft on terror, and that this wouldn't have happened with a Republican in there.

Never sometimes forget.
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18819 on: September 14, 2012, 02:42:32 PM »

That's nothing, now try to wrap your head around former Bush advisers saying that the attack on our embassy in another country proves that Obama is soft on terror, and that this wouldn't have happened with a Republican in there.

Never sometimes forget.

I just realized I forgot 9/11 this year :o
🍆🍆

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18820 on: September 14, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »
Still, these people right wingers act as though the muslims are doing it out of the blue instead of being incited by the right wing's own people. What a wretched group of people.
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #18821 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »

Never sometimes forget.

To be fair, Johm McCain would have had a few more divisions on the ground in Libya, Syria, Egypt, Finland, Iran, Yemen, Pakistan, etc.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #18822 on: September 14, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
I almost forgot but then I went on facebook and saw someone's status that said "never forget."  :usacry
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:33:32 PM by Atramental »

benjipwns

« Reply #18823 on: September 14, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
I never forget because it's my dad's birthday.  :heart

He said "it wasn't what [he] wanted" that year.  :-\

Also knew a girl who had hoped I would ask her out that same day because it would have made our anniversary "special."   :american

« Reply #18824 on: September 14, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »

Never sometimes forget.

To be fair, Johm McCain would have had a few more divisions on the ground in Libya, Syria, Egypt, Finland, Iran, Yemen, Pakistan, etc.

Yeah man, you can never trust those damn Finns.
野球

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #18826 on: September 14, 2012, 06:01:16 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-strikes-wis-law-limiting-union-rights-17240678

A Wisconsin judge has struck down the state law championed by Gov. Scott Walker that effectively ended collective bargaining rights for most public workers.

Dane County Circuit Judge Juan Colas ruled Friday that the law violates both the state and U.S. Constitution and is null and void.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #18827 on: September 14, 2012, 06:40:24 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romneys-foreign-policy-an-ideology-that-dare-not-speak-its-name/2012/09/13/de002106-fdf0-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_print.html

Romney’s foreign policy: An ideology that dare not speak its name

By Jason Horowitz, Published: September 13

The Romney campaign does not dispute that Mitt Romney is a neoconservative, it just refuses to say the word neoconservative.

“His embrace of American values and interests and his call for American leadership abroad throughout this campaign is indicative of a philosophy of peace through strength,” Alex Wong, the campaign’s foreign policy director, said in an interview.

Does he embrace neoconservatism?

“You know,” said Wong, “throughout this campaign Governor Romney has indicated that his view on the world is peace through strength, American leadership, in guaranteeing an American century, that this new century continues to be an American century. And that’s the governing philosophy of Governor Romney on peace through strength.”

So does he consider himself a neoconservative?

“What I’m saying is,” said Wong, “Governor Romney’s embrace of American values and interests and his call for American leadership is a philosophy of peace through strength.”

So then does he dispute the classisfication of neoconservative?

“What I’m saying is,” said Wong, “Governor Romney’s embrace of American values and interests and his call for American leadership…”

So does he feel comfortable being called a neoconservative?

“What I am saying is,” said Wong, “that Governor Romney has used, has said, that his philosophy is peace through strength.”

Does he have a problem with the term neoconservative?

“Governor Romney has indicated that he has a philosophy,” said Wong, “peace through strength.”

So he does have a problem with the term neoconservative.

“Governor Romney,” said Wong, “has throughout this campaign talked about American values and interests and called for American leadership abroad.”

Does he embrace the concepts of neoconservatism, just not the title?

“I think I have given you a lot here,” said Wong. “I have described Governor Romney’s philosophy and the way he’s discussed it and how he makes his decisions.”

Got it. So he does not embrace the word neoconservatism.

“Governor Romney has discussed throughout this campaign a call for American leadership abroad, restoring American leadership, restoring the sinews of American strength, and that’s based on restoring our economic strength number, that’s one, restoring our military strength, that’s two, and restoring the strength of our values. These are the three pillars of American strength abroad. And it is a philosophy of peace through strength.”

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:47:39 PM by Barry Egan »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18828 on: September 14, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/anti-muslim-director-porn.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

The director of the anti-Muslim film blamed for violence and protests in the Middle East this week once directed softcore porn and other low-budget films, according to Gawker.

In 2009 and 2011 casting calls for the film, now known as “Innocence of Muslims” but back then called “Desert Warrior,” the director on the project was listed as Alan Roberts. An IMDB page for an Alan Roberts credits him with directing films including 1972’s “The Sexpert,” 1980’s “The Happy Hooker Goes Hollywood” and 1991’s “Karate Cop.”

"In the future there is no law and no order. Only John Travis, The last cop on Earth."
©@©™

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18829 on: September 14, 2012, 08:18:51 PM »
Bush and Co. killed the word "neoconservative."  I'm not sure what they will rebrand it as but they'll find a way.
🍆🍆

Brehvolution

« Reply #18830 on: September 14, 2012, 08:19:44 PM »
Didn't they brand it "Tea party"?
©ZH

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #18831 on: September 14, 2012, 08:19:46 PM »
Bush and Co. killed the word "neoconservative."  I'm not sure what they will rebrand it as but they'll find a way.

"Cunt"

benjipwns

« Reply #18832 on: September 14, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
You guys are being too harsh on Romney, whatever his position today has no bearing on his position in the future so it'd be silly to declare his policy to be this or that.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18833 on: September 14, 2012, 08:35:51 PM »
You guys are being too harsh on Romney, whatever his position today has no bearing on his position in the future so it'd be silly to declare his policy to be this or that.

His foreign policy team is dominated by neoconservatives from the Bush administration - I think it's more than safe to say we know exactly what his policy will look like as president.

The one thing I'll give Romney slack on is Israel. I don't believe he'll simply go along with an attack asap given the hesitations/concerns expressed by both the US and Israeli military command. IIRC Bush refused to go along with an attack in 2007 for similar reasons.

Brehvolution

« Reply #18834 on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »
If it was the Romney of 10 years ago, Obama would be toast. The fact that he's had to reverse course on everything that made him a moderate shows what a shallow person he is. Romney is pretty fucking rich, but his puppet masters are hundreds of times more rich than he is.
©ZH

Oblivion

« Reply #18835 on: September 14, 2012, 08:59:04 PM »
Democrats say Romney’s plan would cause a $2000 tax hike on the middle class – something Romney disputes and points to a number of studies that say his plan to cut taxes will not increase the deficit, including one by Harvard professor Martin Feldstein.

Feldstein says Romney’s math will work, but he would have to eliminate the home mortgage, charitable, state and local tax deductions for incomes greater than $100,000.

When I pressed Romney on that point, he conceded that he actually hadn’t read the Feldstein report that he and Paul Ryan cite on the campaign trail.

“I haven’t seen his precise study,” he said.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #18836 on: September 14, 2012, 10:24:36 PM »

Never sometimes forget.

i did too! SO AWESOME.
duc

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18837 on: September 14, 2012, 10:29:53 PM »

Never sometimes forget.

i did too! SO AWESOME.

Knock knock
yar

Himu

« Reply #18838 on: September 14, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
I totally forgot about 9/11 if it weren't for facebook statuses. Like, a friend said,"11 YEARS AGO TODAY I WAS SITTING IN A CLASSROOM IN MIDDLE SCHOOL" and I'm  like,"what happened 11 years ago? Who cares?"

Then five minutes I pretty much went,"oh"
IYKYK

« Reply #18839 on: September 14, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »
I'm a diehard NPR listener so there's no way I coold forget.
野球