Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866169 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #18900 on: September 17, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »
haha my mom has been saying for months that she can't wait until a video comes out of Romney talking about Obama/voters behind closed doors.

I'm guessing we'll get plenty of "BUBUBUBUBU GUNS N GOD REV WRIGHT BILL AYERS" this week

Mandark

• Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #18901 on: September 17, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
Man, I hope they kept a copy of that Michelle Obama "whitey" video to release.

Himu

« Reply #18902 on: September 17, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »
Oh my god, today is glorious. Romney is done.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #18904 on: September 17, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/MexicanMitt

Mexican Mitt Romneez
@MexicanMitt
El Fake Accounto! I am the Most Mexican Man in The World!© Follow me as I run for Presidente of the United Estates! I AM THE JUAN PERCENT! Ajua!

:rofl
___

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18905 on: September 17, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »
No problem.  This will blow over just in time to get his ass stomped in the first debate.

🍆🍆

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #18906 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:31 PM »
Also, that video falls into the category of Shit I Won't Post On My Own Facebook Wall Because It Would Immediately Get A Dozen Unironic Likes.

I just created a facebook, I'm gonna test this out.

« Reply #18907 on: September 17, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »
Fuck you, Mitt. Seriously. So glad to know that my financially responsible wife and I are fucking leaches sucking off the teet of hard working business owners.

::) ::)

This won't sink him, but good Lord I wish it would.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18908 on: September 17, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Drudge and others on the right are hailing this as a good thing. There certainly are independent/regular voters who do feel their tax money is being wasted, and that moochers are benefiting, but I can't imagine calling HALF the country moochers is a good thing.

I want to hear Romney's response. I also want to hear Ann's response to hearing people can "grow tired of her" in large doses

« Reply #18909 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:06 PM »
Yeah, I'm really curious how he'll respond to this. There being a video of it makes it a lot harder for him to ignore.
野球

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18910 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:50 PM »
His campaign responded to this by saying "something something economy and jobs".
©@©™

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #18911 on: September 17, 2012, 09:31:39 PM »
He'll probably respond the same way he responds to everything. Ignore it and try to deflect to criticizing Obama.
WDW

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #18912 on: September 17, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »
For whatever reason, even in the last few days of the 2008 election, I was much more nervous about the outcome.  I just don't find Mitt Romney as credible a candidate as a lunatic, bomb happy disabled tortured war veteran, even saddled with a wide eyed lunatic grifter as his running mate like McCain was. 
yar

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #18913 on: September 17, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »
Just ate some food :smug

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18914 on: September 17, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
For whatever reason, even in the last few days of the 2008 election, I was much more nervous about the outcome.  I just don't find Mitt Romney as credible a candidate as a lunatic, bomb happy disabled tortured war veteran, even saddled with a wide eyed lunatic grifter as his running mate like McCain was.

That is because Romney is toast, even before this latest goof.

He has to deal with this fuck up and then he has three debates.  I doubt Romney is a total fuckup here but this is one of Obama's strengths.  Then there's just two weeks left to try to spin his way out of the foreign policy debate.  It just can't be done.  At this point, everyone is already desensitized to Obama being called a secret muslin and born in one of them there darkie countries.  Maybe they can bring up Bill Ayers again?
🍆🍆

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #18915 on: September 17, 2012, 09:46:29 PM »
Okay, one question for Mitt Romney.

Mitt, how in God's name can you go on for hours and hours on end about how America is the greatest country the world has ever seen, if you believe that fully 47% of its population are nothing but lazy, entitled fucks?

Like, seriously? 

The only way it is even possible is if he believes that in every other country on the planet, at least 48% of their populations consist of lazy, entitled fucks.

America:  Greatest Country Ever!!!*

*(But only 53% of you are even worth a damn)
MMA

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #18916 on: September 17, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
Or how about accusing Obama for lying in saying that Romney's tax plan will raise taxes on the middle class, then saying that 47% of the country pays too little in taxes?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #18917 on: September 17, 2012, 09:48:19 PM »
Fuck you, Mitt. Seriously. So glad to know that my financially responsible wife and I are fucking leaches sucking off the teet of hard working business owners.

Of course you're a leech, you're a public employee. :P
MMA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18918 on: September 17, 2012, 09:49:20 PM »
It really felt like Romney's last chance [barring the total collapse of the European economy], was to make a huge splash at the GOP convention and start gaining ground on Obama then eventually pass him. Instead, the Democratic convention was huge for Obama and has so far helped him to pull away. Everything since then [Romney's Egypt/Libya gaff, this latest episode] are just icing on the cake.
dog

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #18919 on: September 17, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »
It really felt like Romney's last chance [barring the total collapse of the European economy], was to make a huge splash at the GOP convention and start gaining ground on Obama then eventually pass him. Instead, the Democratic convention was huge for Obama and has so far helped him to pull away. Everything since then [Romney's Egypt/Libya gaff, this latest episode] are just icing on the cake.

You want cake? With icing? Better get a job :smug

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18920 on: September 17, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »
We should be talking about what Romney said about Chinese factories just as much, really:

Quote from: Mittens
When I was back in my private equity days, we went to China to buy a factory there. It employed about 20,000 people. And they were almost all young women between the ages of about 18 and 22 or 23. They were saving for potentially becoming married. And they work in these huge factories, they made various small appliances. And as we were walking through this facility, seeing them work, the number of hours they worked per day, the pittance they earned, living in dormitories with little bathrooms at the end of maybe 10 rooms. And the rooms, they had 12 girls per room, three bunk beds on top of each other. You’ve seen, you’ve seen them? And around this factory was a fence, a huge fence with barbed wire and guard towers. And we said gosh, I can’t believe that you, you know, keep these girls in. And they said, no, no, no. This is to keep other people from coming in. Because people want so badly to work in this factory that we have to keep them out.

This, coupled with the other quote, give a pretty good picture of how Mittens feels about the "average worker."
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18921 on: September 17, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
He just gave a press conference and doubled down. I can't believe this

Romney says his argument wasn't "elegantly stated" but suggests he stands by the jist of his message in the video
https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/247879716554551296

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #18922 on: September 17, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »
i expect the right-wing machine to spin up OBAMA LOVES MUSLIMS BECAUSE HE ARRESTED BRAVE MOVIE DIRECTOR AND SILENCED FREE SPEECH, HOW COME OBAMA IS OKAY WITH GOOD AMERICAN CHRISTIANS BEING MOCKED BUT NOT EVIL FOREIGN MUSLIMS???? IS IT BECAUSE HE IS A MUSLIM BLAH BLAH ARAB SPRING IS COVER FOR HIS ANTI-ISRAEL POLICIES <voice tries to shush speaker, reminds him that the neocon blather is for AFTER the election>
duc

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #18923 on: September 17, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »
He just gave a press conference and doubled down. I can't believe this

Romney says his argument wasn't "elegantly stated" but suggests he stands by the jist of his message in the video
https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/247879716554551296

He doubled down? So we're up to 94%, then?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:36:53 PM by Howard Alan Treesong »
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18924 on: September 17, 2012, 10:37:24 PM »
video of the presser soon

The funniest thing about this? It was leaked to David Corn by...Jimmy Carter's grandson.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #18925 on: September 17, 2012, 10:38:41 PM »
the video is amazing

he looks like he shit himself

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #18926 on: September 17, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »

The funniest thing about this? It was leaked to David Corn by...Jimmy Carter's grandson.

CARTER'S REVENGE
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18927 on: September 17, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »

Oh shit, confirmed?  Hope he enjoys his 15 pieces of silver.
yar

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #18928 on: September 17, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »

"I did good!"

none of this stuff matters in terms of voter turnout, but it's amusing nonetheless. 

Barry Egan

« Reply #18929 on: September 17, 2012, 10:50:41 PM »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18930 on: September 17, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
Keep fucking that chicken, Mittens.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18931 on: September 17, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #18932 on: September 17, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »
That man has the eyes of a man who knows he will never be President.
乱学者

Barry Egan

« Reply #18933 on: September 17, 2012, 11:07:51 PM »

"I've made a huge mistake"

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18934 on: September 17, 2012, 11:13:13 PM »

yup

« Reply #18935 on: September 17, 2012, 11:13:23 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
"I've made a huge mistake"

He seriously looks like he shit himself, and the shit is still in his underwear.
野球

Himu

« Reply #18936 on: September 17, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »
Never become president, or never should have ate that mexican burrito this afternoon? :smug
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18937 on: September 17, 2012, 11:26:57 PM »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18938 on: September 17, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »
 :heartbeat :rofl :heart :rofl :heartbeat
pcp

Himu

« Reply #18939 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:03 PM »
Is that by Obama's campaign? :lol
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18940 on: September 17, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »
Yup. The Chicago campaign office must be having a blast right now

Himu

« Reply #18941 on: September 17, 2012, 11:46:33 PM »
:lol
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18942 on: September 17, 2012, 11:47:49 PM »

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?  Only if ya have a job!"
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18943 on: September 17, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »
what's that fox football gif from PD?
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18944 on: September 17, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »
"Romney doubles-down on double-downing, creates vortex that swallows the entire Eastern Seaboard."
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18945 on: September 18, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »
what's that fox football gif from PD?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18946 on: September 18, 2012, 12:42:43 AM »
Honestly, Obama has to be the luckiest motherfucker ever in politics.  His 2004 Senate opponent turns out to be a swinger, which is a no-no for Republicans, so Alan Keyes gets offered up as a sacrifice.  Then in 2008, he has to beat Hillary, but she shits the bed early and can't beat his groundgame.  That's his biggest test.  Then, McCain makes every possible wrong move- picks a lunatic snow bunny grifter as his running mate, suspends his campaign, etc.  Now, he gets Romney.  And Romney has done just about everything he can to fuck up his chances short of getting caught with a hooker or dumping a dismembered child corpse in a dumpster or whatever.  Really amazing, to be honest.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18947 on: September 18, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »
In all fairness, look at the shower of shit that was Romney's competition in the primaries.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18948 on: September 18, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »
well the next installment I personally think is very important.
https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer

more bombs at 6AM.

Remember when Brietbart.com was hyping their Obama vetting series which would destroy Obama's campaign? Then they released a dud that had already seen. Whoops

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #18949 on: September 18, 2012, 02:06:59 AM »
well the next installment I personally think is very important.
https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer

more bombs at 6AM.

Remember when Brietbart.com was hyping their Obama vetting series which would destroy Obama's campaign? Then they released a dud that had already seen. Whoops

I was just about to go to bed :omg
___

Trurl

« Reply #18950 on: September 18, 2012, 03:05:44 AM »
Even the way Obama acquired his seat in the Illinois Senate was pretty lucky. 

Oblivion

« Reply #18951 on: September 18, 2012, 03:31:39 AM »
I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the amount of lols we're getting from Romney, considering he was supposed to be the "competent" one.

Though I still would have preferred Bachmann, Santorum, Newt, hell ANYONE else from the primary for comedy alone.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18952 on: September 18, 2012, 03:38:53 AM »
finally got around to reading the Michael Lewis piece in Vanity Fair. I saw Glenn Greenwald complaining about it on twitter a week ago but didn't look into it; I'll get his two cents later. Anyway, I thought it was fascinating. It's quite a glowing piece which I suppose could raise suspicion (after all you don't spend 8 months with the president and then release a scathing piece on him) but what I find interesting is how much of it seems to reinforce what most people say about Obama and how he operates: pragmatic, thoughtful, and lonely.

One of the things that struck out most to me, especially in light of the Libya situation right now, was this. In this part it describes a US pilot who crash landed in Libya during the bombing last year, and how he happened to be discovered by anti-Qaddafi fighters; initially they thought he was American, then French before finally managing to confirm he was American

On the drive to Benghazi, Bubaker sensed that Stark was both shocked and wary. At any rate, as much as Bubaker might have wanted to know more about why America was dropping bombs on Libya, Stark would not tell him. And so Bubaker put on some 80s music and changed the subject to something other than war. The first song that came on was Diana Ross and Lionel Richie singing “Endless Love.” “You know what,” said Bubaker. “This song reminds me of my second marriage.” They talked the rest of the way, says Bubaker, “and we didn’t mention anything of any military action.” He drove the “American pilot” back to the hotel and instructed the militia to surround the place. Even in Libya they understood the fickle nature of American public opinion. “I told them, ‘We have an American pilot here. If he gets caught or killed it’s the end of the mission. Make sure he is safe and sound.’” Bubaker then called his friend, the former staffer in the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, now removed to Washington, D.C.

It took a few hours for someone to come and fetch Stark. As he waited with Bubaker inside the hotel, word spread of this French pilot who had saved their lives. When they’d arrived at the hotel a man had handed Tyler Stark a rose, which the American found both strange and touching. Now women from across the city came with flowers to the front of the hotel. When Stark entered a room full of people they stood up and gave him a round of applause. “I’m not sure what I was expecting in Libya,” he says, “but I was not expecting a round of applause.”

Bubaker found doctors to treat Stark’s leg and one of the doctors had Skype on his iPod. Stark tried to call his base, but he couldn’t remember the country code for Britain, so he called the most useful phone number he could remember, his parents’.

At some point Bubaker turned to him and asked, “Do you know why you are in Libya?”

“I just have my orders,” said Stark.

“He didn’t know why he’d been sent,” says Bubaker. “So I showed him some video. Of kids being killed.”

2b tax dollars to save a million lives, no US casualties. I didn't support the intervention at the time but I can't deny the results were good. The right's anger over it is quite hilarious: to me, this is the definition of a conservative approach to a foreign policy mission.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:41:39 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Oblivion

« Reply #18953 on: September 18, 2012, 04:35:52 AM »
Scott Brown: I'm Going to Vote Against Raising Taxes by Voting to Raise Taxes

If the Dems can't win against shitheads like Brown, with the ammo they give them, they don't deserve to win.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18954 on: September 18, 2012, 05:34:28 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

yup

This is his "Sorry kids, Rafalca broke her leg and we're gonna have to put her down" face.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18955 on: September 18, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »
The sad/funny part of this whole 47% business, is that there's a good chunk of that 47% that are Mitt Romney's biggest supporters.
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18956 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »
Since Mitt pays a smaller % than I do, that makes him a moocher too.
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
乱学者

Barry Egan

« Reply #18958 on: September 18, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »

« Reply #18959 on: September 18, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »
Like I said over at GAF, they left off part of the Olympic Peninsula on Washington state in that picture.
野球