Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866612 times)

Himu

IYKYK

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #19081 on: September 24, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
he should watch the end of Goldfinger again

Why watch it? He's lived it.
WDW

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #19082 on: September 24, 2012, 11:14:36 PM »
http://www.theonion.com/articles/romney-campaign-reboots-for-72nd-consecutive-week,29679/

BOSTON—Saying it was time to get back to basics and “start fresh,” top-level sources at Romney 2012 headquarters announced plans to reboot and reenergize the campaign for the 72nd consecutive week Monday. “We’re looking forward to wiping the slate clean, getting back out there among voters, and showing Americans who Mitt really is and how his policies will work for them,” said communications director Gail Gitcho, stating that the campaign had hit the “reset button” and citizens could look forward to getting to know “the real Mitt” over the next several days, a statement she has made every week since May 2011. “It’s important that we pivot back to Gov. Romney’s central message of economic opportunity for all Americans and just let Mitt be Mitt. I think voters will really like what they hear.” At press time, Romney staffers are already prepping for next week’s campaign reboot after remarks the Republican candidate just uttered at a voter rally in Pueblo, CO.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #19083 on: September 25, 2012, 12:58:22 AM »

i'd let her disenfranchise me  :-[

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #19084 on: September 25, 2012, 02:27:39 AM »
Don't like the poll results? "Correct" them until you do:
http://www.unskewedpolls.com/

Despite all the noise created by all those media-commissioned skewed polls that appear to have President Obama leading, Mitt Romney is actually winning the presidential race as of today.

Polling data and analysis of voting patterns indicates that Romney is going to win most of the key swing states including the five surveyed by Purple Strategies just a few days ago. The last QStarNews analysis and projection of the electoral college covered in this column predicts Romney winning 301 electoral votes, 31 more than needed for election as president.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19085 on: September 25, 2012, 02:29:33 AM »
How do they get those?  By having their readers check on temperature stations and then factoring in solar forcing?  :teehee

Oblivion

« Reply #19086 on: September 25, 2012, 03:32:34 PM »

:piss libertarians :piss2

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #19087 on: September 25, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
There was a pic on neogaf of Mexican mitt, with a chihuahua and amazing things. It actually made me irl lol.
:{]

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19088 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:40 PM »
Don't like the poll results? "Correct" them until you do:
http://www.unskewedpolls.com/

Despite all the noise created by all those media-commissioned skewed polls that appear to have President Obama leading, Mitt Romney is actually winning the presidential race as of today.

Polling data and analysis of voting patterns indicates that Romney is going to win most of the key swing states including the five surveyed by Purple Strategies just a few days ago. The last QStarNews analysis and projection of the electoral college covered in this column predicts Romney winning 301 electoral votes, 31 more than needed for election as president.

Reminds me of all of those unbound delegates that were supposed to break towards Ron Paul that actually put him in the lead but never materializing.

Even 301 electoral votes is pretty depressing when you think about it.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19089 on: September 25, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

look at Ryan's reaction, holy crap. Can't wait to see them walk this back

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #19090 on: September 26, 2012, 01:05:10 AM »
Welp, looks like the Wis Senate Seat is going to stay Dem.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/09/so_long_tommy.php?ref=fpblg

HERP A FUCKING DERP,THOMPSON.
yar

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #19091 on: September 26, 2012, 01:24:18 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

look at Ryan's reaction, holy crap. Can't wait to see them walk this back

Stench gonna be stench
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

Himu

« Reply #19093 on: September 26, 2012, 12:49:15 PM »
Yeah, Obama's got this.

Voting for Jill Stein!
IYKYK

Barry Egan

« Reply #19094 on: September 26, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »
Gallup with Obama up +6 nationally today.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19095 on: September 26, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »
OH GOD WHY CAN'T I STOP MASTURBATING
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #19096 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
If things keep going in this direction, I think he could win NC again.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19097 on: September 26, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »
Some early voting numbers from Iowa and NC

The latest numbers are 105,669 Democratic ballot requests, 18,542 Republican ones.
That's 10% of of the total votes cast in 2008. Romney will be down at least 8% before votes are even counted on election night

Sort of bad news in NC
NORTH CAROLINA reports as of Tuesday morning 66,664 ballot requests with the following party breakdown:

Party Reg   
Dem    27.9%
Rep    51.0%
None/Oth    21.1%
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/25/1136382/-Dems-romp-in-Iowa-early-ballot-requests-lag-in-North-Carolina

But luckily that 66k equals less than 2% of the total votes cast in 2008. We'll see how things play out in the coming days

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19098 on: September 26, 2012, 04:33:28 PM »

As if anyone would trust the left leaning Gallup Organization. The super accurate polls at romneychartz.com has Romney winning by 27%.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19099 on: September 26, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »
More broadly, attempts by armed civilians to stop shooting rampages are rare -- and successful ones even rarer. There were two school shootings in the late 1990s, in Mississippi and Pennsylvania, in which bystanders with guns ultimately subdued the teen perpetrators, but in both cases it was after the shooting had subsided. Other cases led to tragic results. In 2005, as a rampage unfolded inside a shopping mall in Tacoma, Washington, a civilian named Brendan McKown confronted the assailant with a licensed handgun he was carrying. The assailant pumped several bullets into McKown and wounded six people before eventually surrendering to police after a hostage standoff. (A comatose McKown eventually recovered after weeks in the hospital.) In Tyler, Texas, that same year, a civilian named Mark Wilson fired his licensed handgun at a man on a rampage at the county courthouse. Wilson--who was a firearms instructor--was shot dead by the body-armored assailant, who wielded an AK-47. (None of these cases were included in our mass shootings data set because fewer than four victims died in each.)

Appeals to heroism on this subject abound. So does misleading information. Gun rights die-hards frequently credit the end of a rampage in 2002 at the Appalachian School of Law in Virginia to armed "students" who intervened--while failing to disclose that those students were also current and former law enforcement officers, and that the killer, according to police investigators, was out of ammo by the time they got to him.
dog

« Reply #19100 on: September 26, 2012, 05:03:42 PM »

As if anyone would trust the left leaning Gallup Organization. The super accurate polls at romneychartz.com has Romney winning by 27%.

Dude, you gave people the wrong address. It's www.rmoneychartz.biz
野球

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19101 on: September 26, 2012, 05:06:30 PM »
Cuz Mitt brings the BIZness know-how we need to get America back on track.  :american
©@©™

Barry Egan

« Reply #19102 on: September 26, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19103 on: September 26, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »
Is this how Republicans felt in 1984?
乱学者

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19104 on: September 26, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »
Sure, it's shameless pandering to the gay voters, but you can't deny Paul Ryan would make a fabulous first lady.  :heart
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19105 on: September 26, 2012, 07:14:39 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
乱学者

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19107 on: September 26, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
Romney's surpassed mere flip-flopping.  At this point he's basically Schrodinger's Candidate.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19108 on: September 26, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
He's rebooting so often you'd think his campaign manager was Dan Didio!
乱学者

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #19109 on: September 26, 2012, 07:30:15 PM »
He's rebooting so often his IT staff thinking it's a hardware issue.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19110 on: September 26, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »
Romney's surpassed mere flip-flopping.  At this point he's basically Schrodinger's Candidate.

When you apply Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle to the question of whether Romney is for or against universal health care, you'll find that the answer is...yes.
©@©™

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19111 on: September 26, 2012, 07:35:54 PM »
The BEST part, as many people have pointed out, is that if Romney doesn't completely flip the script during the first debate, Karl Rove's gonna leave him twisting in the wind and take all his SuperPAC money to down-ticket Senate and House races. Just in case anyone was under the impression Rove wasn't the most merciless motherfucker in the room.

But the idea of a "cash-flush" Romney suddenly discovering he doesn't have an advertising dime to his name is utterly charming.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:45:18 PM by Howard Alan Treesong »
乱学者

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19112 on: September 26, 2012, 07:44:33 PM »
He's rebooting so often you'd think his campaign manager was Dan Didio!

No wonder his advisor wouldn't say he's a neocon, he's actually a retcon.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19113 on: September 26, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »
Aquaromney can't be far now.

乱学者

Himu

« Reply #19114 on: September 26, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »
Go to facebook.

type in barack obama in the search bar.

post your results.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #19115 on: September 26, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »
 :o
pcp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19116 on: September 26, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »
For anyone with Netflix streaming, check out the first skit of the last episode of SNL's 21st season, with Norm MacDonald as Bob Dole on Nightline.  We're not at that point yet, but it's starting to feel like we're on that trajectory.

Speaking of Facebook, I wish I had liked Obama last year, when it would have been a really effective troll for both my liberal and conservative FB friends.  Oh well.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19117 on: September 26, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
I figured it out - Romney is campaigning in Hypertime, and different fragments from each of the different electorates are breaking into our world.
乱学者

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19118 on: September 26, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »
Ah, forgot we're still in the aftermath of Financial Crisis on Infinite Earths.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #19119 on: September 26, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
students for obama for me
püp

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19120 on: September 26, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
The Bain = Bane connection was true all along!
乱学者

Himu

« Reply #19122 on: September 26, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »
when I search for barack obama on facebook, i instantly get paul ryan and romney campaigns. The entire list consists of republican related stuff, nothing on obama.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19123 on: September 26, 2012, 09:28:47 PM »
I remember some liberals complaining about sample sizes in 2004 but not to this level; even 2008 didn't feature this type of backlash against poll methodology. Basically every poll would have to be wrong for republicans to win this argument, there really is no middle ground here.

Party ID fluctuates but a major constant remains that there are more democrats than republicans. And barring some shenanigans dems will probably have a 5-8 point lead in exit polls this November

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19124 on: September 26, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »
To be fair, in 2008 polls showed Obama solidly in the lead, and McCain got more votes.

If you don't count the rampant voter fraud, natch.

Barry Egan

« Reply #19126 on: September 26, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
Honostly, this unskewed polls site is a slam dunk for internet vouyers like myself who follow elections in part to see deluded partisans crack under the weight of reality.  Instead of witnessing people's hopes crushed ploddingly and individually over an 8 week stretch, it will all happen all at once, like that firework show where every rocket was lit at the same time. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19127 on: September 26, 2012, 10:04:26 PM »
To be fair, in 2008 polls showed Obama solidly in the lead, and McCain got more votes.

If you don't count the rampant voter fraud, natch.

True although Obama's lead began to rise in late September 08, and we're seeing similar movement nationally - just not to the same level. Polling wise Obama is doing better in Florida, NC, and Virginia right now than he was in September 08

Interestingly four years ago (September 26th) Obama was ahead 50-42 in the Gallup daily tracker; today he's ahead 50-44. McCain suspended his campaign on the 24th, and because Gallup uses a week rolling average it wasn't picked up immediately. But once it was picked up Obama was ahead big and McCain never caught him again

Today is the first day the tracker reflects Romney's 47% comment. We'll soon see whether that comment is comparable, statistically, to McCain's meltdown
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:08:06 PM by Phoenix Dark »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #19128 on: September 26, 2012, 10:16:21 PM »

:rofl
püp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19129 on: September 26, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »
The 47% thing won't be as bad, just because the financial meltdown wasn't just a big screwup by the McCain campaign, it was a big external event that hurt an already unpopular president and his party.  It was basically a combination of Romney's gaffes and the big external crisis that some Republicans are crossing their fingers for.

Oblivion

« Reply #19131 on: September 27, 2012, 04:32:56 AM »

Holy shit. :rofl

The best part is everyone else's reactions.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19132 on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
https://twitter.com/rsmccain/statuses/250836704473251840

:smug

Annemarie Dickey ‏@Scottishlizard1
@rsmccain So you failed biology, geology & statistics. Hard to find a good job, eh? Nice 2 know that being a wingnut grifter works for you.

Zing!
©@©™

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
bent

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19134 on: September 27, 2012, 12:23:07 PM »
dog

Himu

« Reply #19135 on: September 27, 2012, 12:29:23 PM »
:rofl
IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19136 on: September 27, 2012, 01:03:58 PM »
*pained teeth sucking sound*
乱学者

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19137 on: September 27, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »
Unless Barry Goldwater's grandson has a secret tape of Obama at a Black Panther rally saying "I'm never gonna get 47% of these honkies to vote for me, I was born in Kenya and I'm a Muslim!" I think this thing is pretty much over.
©@©™

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #19138 on: September 27, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »
Unless Barry Goldwater's grandson has a secret tape of Obama at a Black Panther rally saying "I'm never gonna get 47% of these honkies to vote for me, I was born in Kenya and I'm a Muslim!" I think this thing is pretty much over.

If he got 47% of white people, that's voter fraud.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19139 on: September 27, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »

:fbm