Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866150 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #19680 on: October 16, 2012, 01:15:20 PM »
The Supreme Court just declined to hear Ohio's challenge of the early voting ruling that will open voting to all citizens for three days before Election Day. No way Romney wins Ohio now, and its hard to see him winnig the election without it

OFA just might blow the doors off conventional wisdom/likely voter models. Can't wait to see some exit polls on Latino and black voting

This has to be the most transparent of all the voter suppression laws. I cannot fathom how anyone would stand for that shit.

What is the justification, saving .0001% of the Ohio budget by reducing hours for poll workers in a recession?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #19681 on: October 16, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »
The idea of a President Romney basically has me fearing Mandatory Homo Re-education Camps, Roe vs. Wade overturned, Obamacare repealed
:lol
war with Iran, and deficits spiraling out of control (because for all their tough talk, as soon as their boy's back in the office, the deficit suddenly ceases to be an issue). Plus everyone's taxes go up
You get these either way! Yaaaay democracy!

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19682 on: October 16, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
Yeah, that's part of why I am so desperate for Obama - if the big shit is the same no matter what (unnecessary military-industrial expansion, economic stagnation, "the new normal" of 8% unemployment) - then the smaller issues (a functional health care system, women/LGBT social issues, not pissing off the entire rest of the world) have even more importance
乱学者

« Reply #19683 on: October 16, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »
I can't really bring myself to read political blogs anymore, I'm so fucked in the head right now. The idea of a President Romney basically has me fearing Mandatory Homo Re-education Camps, Roe vs. Wade overturned, Obamacare repealed, war with Iran, and deficits spiraling out of control (because for all their tough talk, as soon as their boy's back in the office, the deficit suddenly ceases to be an issue). Plus everyone's taxes go up (oops sorry math is hard), except for people making $250,000 a year or more somehow. SAVE ME FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Living in Washington state, I'll be insulated from a lot of the Romney administration fallout, but I still have a hard time with the possibility that he'll win. That moderate motherfucker who surfaced the other week will be lone gone.
野球

« Reply #19684 on: October 16, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »
I dont know anything about Romney, but this place is gonna be so funny in November.  :lol Cant wait.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #19685 on: October 16, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »
Why do you assume that HCR is going to create a 'functional health care system'? All it appears to do is draw more people into the current one we have had (with costs continuing to raise faster than inflation). 

Granted, it's an improvement in access, especially for the yoofs and some of the working poor. But I wouldn't call it functional.

« Reply #19686 on: October 16, 2012, 01:52:12 PM »
I dont know anything about Romney, but this place is gonna be so funny in November.  :lol Cant wait.

Eh, I dealt just fine with Bush winning. Twice. I'll be fine if Mitt wins. I'll be pissed off, but still fine.

Also, I think the "running away to Canada" threat is childish. This is my country, too. I'll stay and stand up for what I believe in.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:55:40 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #19687 on: October 16, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »
Why do you assume that HCR is going to create a 'functional health care system'? All it appears to do is draw more people into the current one we have had (with costs continuing to raise faster than inflation). 

Granted, it's an improvement in access, especially for the yoofs and some of the working poor. But I wouldn't call it functional.

Getting everybody into the system is a vital part of a functional first-world health care system. You can't have one without the other (as even Romney admits). ACA has a lot of problems but it's laying the foundation for modernizing and improving our health care system. The Republican edict of "repeal and don't replace" is just going to drop us back to the same broken nightmare we had before. They don't care about fixing our health care system, just undoing Obama's signature achievement.
乱学者

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19688 on: October 16, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
war with Iran, and deficits spiraling out of control (because for all their tough talk, as soon as their boy's back in the office, the deficit suddenly ceases to be an issue). Plus everyone's taxes go up
You get these either way! Yaaaay democracy!

lol no you don't

ToxicAdam

« Reply #19689 on: October 16, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »
Unless there is some kind of wave election in the future, I don't see much of anything getting done in the foreseeable future no matter who takes office.

In this tit-for-tat era of politics, the Republicans have essentially given the Democrats a blank check to do whatever they want in terms of obstructionism. A cynic might say they are the party more likely to buckle, because they are always whoring themselves out for new legislature, but I think things will be different.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #19690 on: October 16, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »
I'm just interested to see if a 5 year long smear campaign can sway enough people. It's turned my in-laws into bumbling morons so I know that it's a powerful force.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:23:30 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #19691 on: October 16, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »
Part of me wants to drive past Hofstra after work today and see if he can get a glimpse at the candidates...
^_^

benjipwns

« Reply #19692 on: October 16, 2012, 02:58:15 PM »
all 21 members of America’s largest reality television family are scheduled to make campaign appearances for the embattled Missouri senate candidate.

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar received national attention from their TLC reality show “19 Kids and Counting,” which chronicles their life raising nine girls and ten boys – all of whom have names beginning with the letter “J.” The Duggars, who share Akin’s pro-life views, are hoping to bring their wholesome family charm to Akin’s campaign, which is trying to close the gap between the congressman and Sen. Claire McCaskill.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #19693 on: October 16, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
The Supreme Court just declined to hear Ohio's challenge of the early voting ruling that will open voting to all citizens for three days before Election Day. No way Romney wins Ohio now, and its hard to see him winnig the election without it

OFA just might blow the doors off conventional wisdom/likely voter models. Can't wait to see some exit polls on Latino and black voting

http://www.270towin.com/2012_election_predictions.php?mapid=JmJ

It's possible for Romney to win, just veeeeeery hard.  I don't see Obama winning Ohio but losing Iowa, for instance.  Who the fuck knows at this point.  I'm severely gloomy about pretty much fucking everything today because my car won't start, it's not the battery and the fragile budget I had constructed that had me going back to school full time next semester appears to be fucked all to hell.
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #19694 on: October 16, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »
all 21 members of America’s largest reality television family are scheduled to make campaign appearances for the embattled Missouri senate candidate.

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar received national attention from their TLC reality show “19 Kids and Counting,” which chronicles their life raising nine girls and ten boys – all of whom have names beginning with the letter “J.” The Duggars, who share Akin’s pro-life views, are hoping to bring their wholesome family charm to Akin’s campaign, which is trying to close the gap between the congressman and Sen. Claire McCaskill.

©ZH

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #19695 on: October 16, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
WDW

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19696 on: October 16, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »
the fragile budget I had constructed that had me going back to school full time next semester appears to be fucked all to hell.

Sounds just like the Ryan Budget!

Also:
http://www.romneytaxplan.com/
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #19697 on: October 16, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »

It's possible for Romney to win, just veeeeeery hard.  I don't see Obama winning Ohio but losing Iowa, for instance.  Who the fuck knows at this point.  I'm severely gloomy about pretty much fucking everything today because my car won't start, it's not the battery and the fragile budget I had constructed that had me going back to school full time next semester appears to be fucked all to hell.

True...but at the same time Iowa has had early voting for awhile now and Obama is up big time already. I don't think Romney can win there due to that; Obama would eek out a 270-268 victory

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #19698 on: October 16, 2012, 03:14:52 PM »

omg this guy is hilarious  :lol
WDW

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19699 on: October 16, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Have you read the Newsweek article? It isn't about Obama being a homosexual, but about him being the first President to truly support Gay Rights.
tacgnolol 1 day ago

Yeah, but how many people saw the headline and did not read the article? A big cover photo of Obama with a rainbow around his head sure looks homosexual to me. Any real, red blooded American President would have objected. Can you imagine a news magazine trying that with Ronald Reagan or Harry Truman? Incidentally, have you ever read Obama's poem "Pop" which most critics believe describes a homosexual encounter Obama had with an older man, most likely Frank Marshall Davis?
thirdeaglebooks in reply to tacgnolol 1 day ago

I'm convinced.  :supergay
©@©™

ToxicAdam

« Reply #19700 on: October 16, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
Onion headline:

Obama Excited To Participate In First Debate

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #19701 on: October 16, 2012, 04:52:40 PM »

Man, the kind of people they'll put on TLC!  :P
^_^

« Reply #19702 on: October 16, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
Quote from: My conservative friend
We definitely have a budget problem in this country, and we need something to fix it.

As radical as everyone claims Ryan's budget(s) to be, they still didn't balance the budget til 2040. Romney's had a 57 point plan, a 9 point plan, a 5 point plan, a 120 point plan... If anything, that shows there is a multitude of things that can be tweaked or reformed to help turn things around.

I'm dying. That's too funny.
野球

benjipwns

« Reply #19703 on: October 16, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
It's an opportunity to dissuade them from Paul Ryan's big government expansion, 2040 is irrelevant, it increases spending over the next ten years. Since it's not Ryan signing off on budgets, and Congress doesn't have to tie itself to anything, it'll surely increase by more than that. (Especially since Romney has done away with half of it or more.)

It's bad enough the ticket has a big spending Massachusetts Liberal who created ObamaCare, supported abortion and is against full gun rights on top, but they also have the TARP-supporting, Medicare Part D supporting, budget busting, entitlement ignoring Paul Ryan on the bottom of the ticket.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19704 on: October 16, 2012, 05:18:49 PM »
Ryan's budget is pretty much a farce, but it only "increases spending over the next ten years" in nominal dollar terms at what, 3%?  So surely that would work out to lower real spending per capita, especially if you believe that the fed's loose money policy is going to trigger massive inflation any minute now.

benjipwns

« Reply #19705 on: October 16, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »
I'm not talking to you libduhhhrals, I'm talking to the America loving conservative who might throw his vote away on the Romney/Ryan ticket!

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19706 on: October 16, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »
Also, anything that happened before 2009 took place in the Republican Expanded Universe, and shouldn't be considered canon.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19707 on: October 16, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »
Quote from: My conservative friend
We definitely have a budget problem in this country, and we need something to fix it.

As radical as everyone claims Ryan's budget(s) to be, they still didn't balance the budget til 2040. Romney's had a 57 point plan, a 9 point plan, a 5 point plan, a 120 point plan... If anything, that shows there is a multitude of things that can be tweaked or reformed to help turn things around.

I'm dying. That's too funny.

Obviously we go with the 120 point plan, because more points are better.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #19708 on: October 16, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
Also, anything that happened before 2009 took place in the Republican Expanded Universe, and shouldn't be considered canon.
Reagan defeated the Soviet Union.

Check...and MATE.

« Reply #19709 on: October 16, 2012, 05:32:18 PM »

Check...and MATE.

You can attribute it to Reagan, I'll attribute it to Rocky defeating Ivan Drago.

benjipwns

« Reply #19710 on: October 16, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
You can attribute it to Reagan, I'll attribute it to Rocky defeating Ivan Drago.
Dolph Lundgren is a conservative, it was an inside job. QED. DEAL WITH IT.

Brehvolution

« Reply #19711 on: October 16, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »
Reagan defeated outspent the Soviet Union.

Check...and MATE.

Fixed
©ZH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #19712 on: October 16, 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
i need my sedatives
püp

benjipwns

« Reply #19713 on: October 16, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
Fixed
Another failure of Keynesian economics.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19714 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

Check...and MATE.

Reagan defeating the USSR is an integral part of the movement conservative origin story and must be included in any reboot.  Therefor Reagan beating the reds didn't already happen, but rather iterations of Reagan winning are constantly and perpetually happening.  It's like a Neil Gaiman situation.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #19715 on: October 16, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »
It's an opportunity to dissuade them from Paul Ryan's big government expansion, 2040 is irrelevant, it increases spending over the next ten years. Since it's not Ryan signing off on budgets, and Congress doesn't have to tie itself to anything, it'll surely increase by more than that. (Especially since Romney has done away with half of it or more.)

It's bad enough the ticket has a big spending Massachusetts Liberal who created ObamaCare, supported abortion and is against full gun rights on top, but they also have the TARP-supporting, Medicare Part D supporting, budget busting, entitlement ignoring Paul Ryan on the bottom of the ticket.

lol

benjipwns

« Reply #19716 on: October 16, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
On an entirely unrelated endeavor, I just came across some shocking facts.

Cold. Warriors.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #19717 on: October 16, 2012, 06:50:20 PM »
those are some ugly-ass bow-ties
püp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #19718 on: October 16, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »
is nancy reagan dead?

edit: wiki says no, and also shows what her signature looks like for some reason
pcp

ToxicAdam

« Reply #19719 on: October 16, 2012, 07:45:27 PM »
Nancy's head is huge.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19720 on: October 16, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »

True...but at the same time Iowa has had early voting for awhile now and Obama is up big time already. I don't think Romney can win there due to that; Obama would eek out a 270-268 victory

I still think Obama will win, he just won't get the kind of win that he enjoyed in 2008 or what he would have received had he won the first debate.

Which kind of throws a wrench in plans because I think the cult set wanted to turn Obama into the Democratic Reagan.  A by the skin of the teeth victory will put the kibosh to that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:24:11 PM by The Experiment »
🍆🍆

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #19721 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:54 PM »
Democratic Reagan

Reagan?  You mean the Republican FDR?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19722 on: October 16, 2012, 08:47:03 PM »
FDR? You mean the Democratic Teddy Roosevelt? :smug
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:50:00 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19723 on: October 16, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »
FDR? You mean the Republican Teddy Roosevelt? :smug

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19724 on: October 16, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
Whatever!
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #19725 on: October 16, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
squeeeee
püp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #19726 on: October 16, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
ZOMG GUYZ I AM FREAKING OUT OVER HERE

*sets genitals on fire*
yar

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #19727 on: October 16, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »
will there be slapstick featured in this debate?  Has there been any polls on the optics of opponent tripping in the hall? 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19728 on: October 16, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »
Oh boy, Romney being really vague again!
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #19729 on: October 16, 2012, 09:06:08 PM »
I can barely watch this I'm so nervous
___

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #19730 on: October 16, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »
Could Romney be any more vague?

Jeeze...

MIMIC

« Reply #19731 on: October 16, 2012, 09:07:01 PM »
Wow. Romney literally didn't say anything.

"I will get you a job!" Oh really?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19732 on: October 16, 2012, 09:07:20 PM »
Oh my! Substance! :omg
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #19733 on: October 16, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
Obama gettin all specific up in hurrr
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19734 on: October 16, 2012, 09:09:06 PM »
Romney is literally not saying anything at all.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19735 on: October 16, 2012, 09:10:48 PM »
"Romney doesn't have a 5-point plan, he has a 1 point plan!"

:omg
dog

MIMIC

« Reply #19736 on: October 16, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »
"1 point plan"

zing

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19737 on: October 16, 2012, 09:11:51 PM »
Romney is already floundering like a fish on dry land. :lol
dog

MIMIC

« Reply #19738 on: October 16, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »
OMG, have your paper out dude. Obama ain't got time for dat!

cool breeze

« Reply #19739 on: October 16, 2012, 09:13:02 PM »
Moderator shut Romney down   :lol