Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866203 times)

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20401 on: October 23, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »
It's a shock that he won in Aught Eight with this skeleton in his closet.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20402 on: October 23, 2012, 06:08:05 PM »
Trump is dropping a "bombshell" tomorrow. Twitter suggests it'll be on Michelle allegedly filing for divorce in 2000; a fringe anti-Obama book earlier this year had the same charge

My favorite blogosphere guess is:

—Secret Service agents rarely call 'traveling' on POTUS during White House pickup games. 
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20403 on: October 23, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »
Trump is dropping a "bombshell" tomorrow. Twitter suggests it'll be on Michelle allegedly filing for divorce in 2000; a fringe anti-Obama book earlier this year had the same charge

GOP "bombshells" recently have been pretty pathetic, so that would hardly be a surprise.
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20404 on: October 23, 2012, 06:49:22 PM »
PD you magnificent bastard

dude is rolling
püp

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #20405 on: October 23, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »
here's the link to tonight's presidential debate.  You guys didn't forget, did you?  :smug

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #20406 on: October 23, 2012, 07:31:09 PM »
here's the link to tonight's presidential debate.  You guys didn't forget, did you?  :smug

I'm sure Himu will be watching attentively, given how serious he is on civil liberties and drug laws

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20407 on: October 23, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »
What data you need specifically?

I think I remember an awesome graph from about 1980 onward showing income for top earners vs. median middle class income?  Something like that. 

Basically, someone is asserting that "all economic indicators" lead one to the assumption that trickle down economics does, in fact, work for everybody.

It's honestly probably a waste of my time but I'd like to see the figures anyway and my google fu has sucked :P

Cumulative percent change in income before tax starting in 1980:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Cumulative percent change in income after taxes starting in 1979:
[close]

Cumulative percent change in the share of national income since 1979:
[close]

Bar graphs comparing percent change in income for ~30 years after 1979 with the ~30 years before 1979:

[close]

Click most pictures pictures for links to blog posts etc.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20408 on: October 23, 2012, 09:40:55 PM »
*splooges*

thank you based mandark!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:44:23 PM by Creepy Old Guy »
yar

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #20409 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »
If you're missing the debate right now, you are missing the best damn impression of Foghorn Leghorn you've ever heard in your life. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20410 on: October 23, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »
Cumulative percent change in income before tax starting in 1980:
[close]

Cumulative percent change in income after taxes starting in 1979:
[close]

Cumulative percent change in the share of national income since 1979:
[close]

Bar graphs comparing percent change in income for ~30 years after 1979 with the ~30 years before 1979:

[close]

Click most pictures pictures for links to blog posts etc.

Depressing.
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20411 on: October 23, 2012, 10:41:54 PM »
Years later, Mandark remains the one indispensable googler

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20412 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »

He's one of the Top 1% of Googlers.
©@©™

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #20414 on: October 23, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »

Indeed Michelle
___

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20416 on: October 24, 2012, 12:02:54 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/mourdock-god-work-rape-leads-pregnancy-17549526#.UIdhGIZrip2

Well then.

To make it more hilarious, his democrat opponent co-sponsored the forcible rape bill in the house. Yeah....fuck em both

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #20417 on: October 24, 2012, 12:13:09 AM »

Obama meeting Mitt Romney's grandson.  :-[
WDW

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20418 on: October 24, 2012, 12:13:30 AM »
for fellow Cohen friends on facebook...what the FUCK @ that guy commenting on his EU post  :-\

i'm done, don't want to cause a scene

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20419 on: October 24, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »
I knew who it was before I clicked on it.  :P

If you really want to get him going, start talking about Israel.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20420 on: October 24, 2012, 12:28:58 AM »
for fellow Cohen friends on facebook...what the FUCK @ that guy commenting on his EU post  :-\

i'm done, don't want to cause a scene

Same guy who said Israel's "Palestine problem" was solved by building a wall.  I admire/am terrified by his certitude.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20421 on: October 24, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »
ohhhh I remember now. That Palestine stuff was just a few months ago iirc

wow

Himu

« Reply #20422 on: October 24, 2012, 12:43:52 AM »

oh god, we wouldn't want the presidency to be tainted by the ruination of marriages sanctity.

next thing you know, you'll tell me that obama puts it in michelle's pooper.

how can the american people vote for such a man?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #20423 on: October 24, 2012, 12:48:51 AM »
You start electing people who have anal sex into office, and soon you get a gay man in office. then a transsexual. then a muslim. then an atheist. barack obama has ruined everything america stands for: successful marriages and vaginal intercourse. With that one decision he alters the course of this nation's future. I want no part in it.
IYKYK

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #20424 on: October 24, 2012, 01:10:05 AM »
[img]http://i.imgur.com/M0T2c.jpg[img]

Obama meeting Mitt Romney's grandson.  :-[
"When you get to college your grandad is going to be a mere footnote in your history 101 book."

Oblivion

« Reply #20425 on: October 24, 2012, 02:57:30 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Obama bowing to Mitt Romney's grandson.  :piss

Fixed.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20426 on: October 24, 2012, 03:12:43 AM »
I've heard that lowering yourself to a kid's eye level makes them feel good or something. Too bad most children are assholes and don't deserve me hurting my back to talk to them

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20427 on: October 24, 2012, 03:23:25 AM »
I've heard that lowering yourself to a kid's eye level makes them feel good or something. Too bad most children are assholes and don't deserve me hurting my back to talk to them

:piss kids :piss2

No coincidence they're just one letter off from aids
yar

Himu

« Reply #20428 on: October 24, 2012, 04:13:49 AM »
Triumph, what are you doing? You trying to scare Beezy away from being a father?
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20429 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #20430 on: October 24, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »
I haven't watched the third party debate, yet. But I will be voting after I do. Since I live in Tejas, I can vote now.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20431 on: October 24, 2012, 12:19:06 PM »
Donald Trump :rofl

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #20433 on: October 24, 2012, 12:23:55 PM »

more of a bomba-shell
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20434 on: October 24, 2012, 12:29:11 PM »
Yes, we have very serious questions. Like "What grade did Obama get in Calculus 101?" and "Did he list 'Communist' under Race on his college application?"
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20435 on: October 24, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »
Trump will donate the money, then file for bankruptcy again.
©@©™

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #20436 on: October 24, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
We need a sitcom at this point called "That's My GOP!" about an aging southern senator and his team of speechwriters (one of which is his granddaughter).  Every week he'll get get caught ding something stupid like say forgetting he released a racist newsletter, or saying something untowards to rape victims (I anticipate this will be about 50% of the episodes).  Every week his opponent, a short haired female former "softball player" will look like she has the race in her hands, but the episode will end with him giving another half-assed apology cooked up by his granddaughter, and no lessons will be learned, and each episode will end with him sticking his foot in his mouth again, to the laughter of everyone.  His catchphrase will be "this isn't San Francisco young lady" whenever one of his young speechwriters suggests something that would have been edgy in the 1960s.
vin

Steve Contra

« Reply #20437 on: October 24, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
Maybe Mandark or PD can answer this, but what is it about Rasmussen's statistical modeling that skews it's results towards the 'pubs?  I could look it up elsewhere, but this is the more interesting option.
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20438 on: October 24, 2012, 12:58:22 PM »
Maybe Mandark or PD can answer this, but what is it about Rasmussen's statistical modeling that skews it's results towards the 'pubs?  I could look it up elsewhere, but this is the more interesting option.

Ras polls are nearly 100% focused on land lines (meaning they don't sample cell users), which heavily leans toward whiter and older voters. They also tend to under sample black and Hispanic turnout. But to be fair, Ras' final November polls tend to be accurate outside of 2010, when he over-estimated republican turnout

If Obama wins this election it'll be mainly because OFA got a shit ton of unlikely and new voters to the polls, be it through early voting or absentee etc.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20439 on: October 24, 2012, 02:00:02 PM »
Rasmussen basically plays a shell game every election (except in 2010 like PD noted) where he oversamples Republicans, then a couple weeks closer to the election somehow magically his results start to get more in line with the average.  This way he can always say after the fact, "Hey, were ended up in the margin of error for the final result!"
yar

Himu

« Reply #20440 on: October 24, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »
Researching the Tejas ballot and damn, I like her.

http://www.michelepetty.com/issues

Look at her compare herself to Nathan Hecht. Goddamn, fire. You go girl.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #20441 on: October 24, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »
IYKYK

« Reply #20442 on: October 24, 2012, 02:40:39 PM »
PD plays eleventy dimensional chess. Tread carefully.

Kudos, PD.  You're doing a brilliant job over there.
野球

Himu

« Reply #20443 on: October 24, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »
Hmmm...

Went with:

President - Jill Stein (G)
US Senator - Paul Sadler (D)
Railroad Commissioner - Chris Kennedy (G)
Justice, Supreme Court, Place 2 - no one
Justice, Supreme Court, Place 4 - Charles E. Waterbury (G)
Justice, Supreme Court, Place 5 - Michele Pety (D)
Presiding Judge, Court of Appeals - Keith Hampton (D)
Judge, Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 7 - Barbara Hervey (R)
Judge, Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 8 - Elsa Alcala (R)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:56:06 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Steve Contra

« Reply #20444 on: October 24, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »
Rasmussen basically plays a shell game every election (except in 2010 like PD noted) where he oversamples Republicans, then a couple weeks closer to the election somehow magically his results start to get more in line with the average.  This way he can always say after the fact, "Hey, were ended up in the margin of error for the final result!"
I figured this was the case.  I'm also guessing he is somehow aligned with the right?
vin

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #20445 on: October 24, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »
My festering misogny causes too much inner turmoil and prevents me from voting for Jill Stein, that's why I'm going for Rocky.

Now I know how Democrats from West Virginia feel. :(

Himu

« Reply #20446 on: October 24, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
Rocky isn't bad, actually.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20447 on: October 24, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »
I've liked Rocky Anderson for a number of years.  I voted for Obama today, though.  The only 3rd party candidate on the NC ballot was Gary Johnson and I don't vote for Libertarians, plus there's still the off chance my vote may matter.  Romney probably wins the state, though.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20448 on: October 24, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »
I've liked Rocky Anderson for a number of years.  I voted for Obama today, though.  The only 3rd party candidate on the NC ballot was Gary Johnson and I don't vote for Libertarians, plus there's still the off chance my vote may matter.  Romney probably wins the state, though.

Was there a line?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20449 on: October 24, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
Yeah.  I went during lunch, though.  I had to wait for maybe 30ish minutes or so before I voted.  Line was mostly old people who I could tell were obviously voting Republican, due to how many took "a list of conservative judges" from one of the ladies handing out sample ballots and shit.  I had a fun moment when I first got there; a candidate for one of the judge positions was actually there trying to get votes.  She was a Republican and had worked as a prosecutor for like 15 years or something.  I asked her if she agreed with mandatory minimum sentencing; she said she was "100% for it" and I told her that I wasn't interested in voting for a rubber stamp but rather a judge.  She thanked me for my time and moved down the line. :P
yar

Himu

« Reply #20450 on: October 24, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
When I voted today there was a huge line. Took me about 10-15 minutes to actually vote. Minorities came to vote today, fa sho.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #20451 on: October 24, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »
Also, I'm curious what the ballots for other states look like because Texas' ballot always looks like a goddamn novel.
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20452 on: October 24, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »
My absentee ballot from Ohio 8.5 by like 36 inchs.  They folded it 4 or 5 times to fit it in the envelope.
püp

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #20453 on: October 24, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »
I just found out I can vote for Roseanne Barr for president in CA. Since Obama's gonna win the state handily, maybe I should take a chance on the Peace and Love candidate.
乱学者

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #20454 on: October 24, 2012, 05:39:17 PM »
I wish I lived in a swing state where my presidential vote mattered.  Oh well.  Voting for Jill Stein.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20455 on: October 24, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
It's pretty great that I'm still considered an Ohio resident.  This will be the last time I'll be able to swing that though.  Then it's on to being a worthless TN voter.
püp

Himu

« Reply #20456 on: October 24, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »
Well, Mups. Tejas will probably be a swing state in 10 years. At the very least, if Stein reaches 5% of the popular vote (and she is predicted to take 2-4% so ALMOST THERE) the Green Party will receive federal funding in the next general election. So your vote is hardly wasted and is its own contribution.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20457 on: October 24, 2012, 05:44:23 PM »
The 3rd party candidates ALWAYS poll higher than what they end up getting in the end.  No one is going to hit 5%, and I would be shocked if any of them got 2%.  If anyone does it will be Johnson.
yar

Himu

« Reply #20458 on: October 24, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »
Johnson is the one who has the biggest pull in terms of name power, it's true.

I'm shocked at how damn  ORGANIZED the libertarians are, btw. Must be that autism. :teehee
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20459 on: October 24, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »
Johnson will do decent in NM, and I'm sure Virgil Goode will steal votes from Romney in Virginia (he might even flip the state to Obama). But nationally no third party candidate will get 2-5% as some polls show.