Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866167 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #21300 on: November 07, 2012, 01:31:12 AM »
The city close to where I live rejected a public school renewal. Fucking old people.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #21301 on: November 07, 2012, 01:31:21 AM »
I love it when Prole brings the real real talk. That was a beautiful FB status update, man.
Unzip

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21302 on: November 07, 2012, 01:37:10 AM »
His girls have grown.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #21303 on: November 07, 2012, 01:42:03 AM »
Some hot black wimmins in the background. :drool

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21304 on: November 07, 2012, 01:47:03 AM »
sasha obama....hng
püp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21305 on: November 07, 2012, 01:47:59 AM »
damn, obama is actually leading mittens by 500,000 votes here in MO with 81% reporting
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21306 on: November 07, 2012, 01:48:14 AM »
sasha obama....hng

Back off there, fistful.
dog

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #21307 on: November 07, 2012, 01:48:24 AM »
Akin lost by 14% :rofl

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #21308 on: November 07, 2012, 01:51:24 AM »
The city close to where I live rejected a public school renewal. Fucking old people.

Are you sure you're not a liberal? First saying Obama is the best president since Reagan in that other thread, and now this.  ???
WDW

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #21309 on: November 07, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »
some folks on my facebook were all POPULAR VOTE IS ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER earlier this evening- and well...a few hours later
o_0

drew

• sy
« Reply #21310 on: November 07, 2012, 01:52:58 AM »
but the popular vote IS all that should matter

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21311 on: November 07, 2012, 01:53:44 AM »
but the popular vote IS all that should matter

I'm surprised at you, Drew, questioning the wisdom of the Founding Fathers like that.
dog

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #21312 on: November 07, 2012, 01:57:26 AM »
So every state except Florida has been called by now? SMH Florida.
WDW

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21313 on: November 07, 2012, 01:57:36 AM »
RT if youd smash that chick with the flag stuck in her hair - while she left it in :drake
pcp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #21314 on: November 07, 2012, 01:57:50 AM »
If Tester and Heitkamp can hold on in MT and ND, that's TWO PICKUPS NET for the Dems this year, which was unthinkable.  Could have won NV with a better candidate, too.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #21315 on: November 07, 2012, 01:58:26 AM »
Florida is just bad at this whole thing
o_0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21316 on: November 07, 2012, 01:58:40 AM »

Apparently they stopped counting for the night in Miami-Dade.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21317 on: November 07, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »
Dang, Obama tore that speech up.
dog

MrAngryFace

« Reply #21318 on: November 07, 2012, 01:59:42 AM »
that'd be awkward if he just totally pooped his pants right now
o_0

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #21319 on: November 07, 2012, 02:00:04 AM »
that'd be awkward if he just totally pooped his pants right now

:rofl
Unzip

MrAngryFace

« Reply #21320 on: November 07, 2012, 02:01:52 AM »
I just cant imagine what the reaction in the room would be
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21321 on: November 07, 2012, 02:02:20 AM »

its still people out there voting
pcp

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #21322 on: November 07, 2012, 02:03:05 AM »
Obama dropped the motherfuckin' mic after that one, damn. Mad lyrics of fire
vjj

ToxicAdam

« Reply #21323 on: November 07, 2012, 02:03:46 AM »

Are you sure you're not a liberal? First saying Obama is the best president since Reagan in that other thread, and now this.  ???

Favoring school levy renewals  and noticing we have had an incredible run of sub-par presidents aren't 'liberal' positions.

Anyways, probably one of Obama's most powerful speeches. Shame that 70 percent of America was asleep and missed it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:06:24 AM by ToxicAdam »

cool breeze

« Reply #21324 on: November 07, 2012, 02:04:38 AM »
I want Clinton to show up.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21325 on: November 07, 2012, 02:05:15 AM »
For people who are wanting some confused, sad GOP/teahadist reaction, here's a guy I used to play cards/war games with in Wilmington.  He's actually ran for city council twice now as a far right lunatic candidate, losing easily both times. 

Today we all did our parts as Americans, remembering that voting is a treasured responsibility of freedom, paid for in the blood of soldiers that fight for us everyday. No matter what the outcome of the national race, I am proud of North Carolina standing for American ideals. I pray that our president will take a look at policies that will save our country and truly work to end the divisiveness that tears us apart. I am proud of my fellow Americans for making their voices heard, whether or not I agree with them... that is the American way. God Bless the United States of America.

I wonder if he was disappointed with NC in 2008?   :usacry
yar

bachikarn

« Reply #21326 on: November 07, 2012, 02:07:46 AM »
lol, Obama called Biden "America's Happy Warrior"

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21327 on: November 07, 2012, 02:10:22 AM »
Obama's up by a million in the popular vote now.
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21328 on: November 07, 2012, 02:10:47 AM »
Obama dropped the motherfuckin' mic after that one, damn. Mad lyrics of fire

Seriously.  He just killed it.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21329 on: November 07, 2012, 02:12:15 AM »
yup, one of obama's best speeches.  dude does better when he has no pressure on him  :lol
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21330 on: November 07, 2012, 02:13:17 AM »
Fox is exploding lmao

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #21331 on: November 07, 2012, 02:13:28 AM »
‎'Obama could have ended that shit with "Let's hunt some orc!" and I would have flipped over the laptop and ran out the door.' - my pal burts on twitter :lol
vjj

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21332 on: November 07, 2012, 02:14:55 AM »
‎'Obama could have ended that shit with "Let's hunt some orc!" and I would have flipped over the laptop and ran out the door.' - my pal burts on twitter :lol
:lol

drew

• sy
« Reply #21333 on: November 07, 2012, 02:15:01 AM »
I'm surprised at you, Drew, questioning the wisdom of the Founding Fathers like that.

question everyone and everything, young grasshopper, even the good old boys aren't beyond reproach

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21334 on: November 07, 2012, 02:16:28 AM »
Fox is exploding lmao

What's going on over there now?
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21335 on: November 07, 2012, 02:20:45 AM »
Fox is exploding lmao

What's going on over there now?

First some dude got on complaining about Obama winning with 14% unemployment  :lol

Then there was a liberal female commentator being all smug, bringing up the aggregate polls never showing Obama losing all year (Fox panel tried to disagree, but she shut them down). She also mentioned the GOP doesn't represent what America looks like anymore, which made the panel throw a giant fit. I wish I caught her name, she was dropping bombs  :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21336 on: November 07, 2012, 02:21:42 AM »
Why is Chris Matthews so mad?
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21337 on: November 07, 2012, 02:25:45 AM »
Why is Chris Matthews so mad?

He's upset Obama didn't give Clinton a shout out during the speech, and didn't congratulate democrats. More "waah Obama won't backslap us" nonsense. Obama called Clinton to personally congratulate him immediately after getting off the phone with Romney.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21338 on: November 07, 2012, 02:26:28 AM »
He sounded like a angry old man shouting at clouds, basically.
dog

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #21339 on: November 07, 2012, 02:27:32 AM »
Sorta pumped for a 2nd term, more than i thought i;d be, not just the hotfiya in that speech but how aides are talking about how they'll focus on selling their arguments to the people and negotiating from a stronger position rather than mistakenly hoping the R;s will negotiate in good faith. At least they might start off on the right foot
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:38:33 AM by Mamacint »
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21340 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:39 AM »
I guess I need to go to bed now.
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21341 on: November 07, 2012, 02:39:32 AM »
military family friends, for the most part:

"plz pray for my brother, obama has sent him back to worl war.  muslim wars cost lifes"

that's verbatim
püp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #21342 on: November 07, 2012, 02:48:26 AM »
OH SHIT CA repealed the three strikes law!!! god damn america, keep it up!!!
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #21343 on: November 07, 2012, 03:02:50 AM »
Yeah, but they didn't repeal the death penalty and the pesticide corps are gonna win and knock down genetic food labeling :\

1 step forward, 2 steps back; that's California.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21344 on: November 07, 2012, 03:03:52 AM »
Obama's about 1.5 million ahead in the popular vote now.
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21345 on: November 07, 2012, 03:06:54 AM »
DEAD HEAT
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21346 on: November 07, 2012, 03:20:59 AM »
basically my response to everyone spewing fox news points

püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21347 on: November 07, 2012, 03:25:55 AM »
Graves is down about 1000 votes to Bachmann  :-\  Scalping that crazy bitch would have been the perfect end to the night.

Looks like Alan West is gonna lose though.  Suck it you crazy motherfucker. 

332 EVs when it's all said and done.  Unskewed polls my ass.  Setting my alarm so I can enjoy Joe Scarborough's stunned expression tomorrow.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21348 on: November 07, 2012, 03:33:53 AM »
4-0 on gay marriage.  I'm gonna make it a point to check out Maggie Galagher tomorrow. :D
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21349 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:02 AM »
Damn Bachman probably will pull it off afterall.

Oh well, at least Allen West and Joe Walsh are gone. And LOL @ conservative darling (and black Mormon) Mia Love losing. ahahaha

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21350 on: November 07, 2012, 03:39:13 AM »

DO YOU SPEAK IT, MOTHERFUCKER?
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21351 on: November 07, 2012, 03:41:48 AM »
Bachmann just jumped to almost 3k :-(
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21352 on: November 07, 2012, 03:49:45 AM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21353 on: November 07, 2012, 04:13:31 AM »
So remember this hit piece on Nate Silver from the National Review, saying that he was tilting his model towards Obama?

The author of that, Josh Jordan, predicted a Romney victory by 2 points, with wins in CO, NH, WI, IA, FL, OH, and VA.

If you want to see the online record of someone having the ground give way beneath them, check out his twitter.  It's delicious.

Oblivion

« Reply #21354 on: November 07, 2012, 04:17:04 AM »
John Cole of balloon-juice said that his commanding officer from the Army who he's known and been good friends with for more than twenty years de-friended him from FB cause of Obama's win.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's awesome lol.
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21355 on: November 07, 2012, 04:17:47 AM »
John Cole of balloon-juice said that his commanding officer from the Army who he's known and been good friends with for more than twenty years de-friended him from FB cause of Obama's win.

That's awesome lol.
[close]

Yeah, saw that. :(
yar

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #21356 on: November 07, 2012, 04:27:54 AM »
So remember this hit piece on Nate Silver from the National Review, saying that he was tilting his model towards Obama?

The author of that, Josh Jordan, predicted a Romney victory by 2 points, with wins in CO, NH, WI, IA, FL, OH, and VA.

If you want to see the online record of someone having the ground give way beneath them, check out his twitter.  It's delicious.

Swing state polls didn't move as much as national polls,but clearly it changed dynamic. Will never know if Romney was on winning path or not

NO WE WILL NEVER KNOW! UNLESS WE HAS ELECTIONZ
vjj

Oblivion

« Reply #21357 on: November 07, 2012, 04:28:30 AM »
So what do you guys see as the major legislation to come out of Obama's second term? I'm guessing it'll be pretty similar to Clinton's second term; Marginal tax rates will be reduced with some negligible and fairly useless loopholes being closed, and medicare/SS will be "reformed" similar to welfare reform under the Republicans.

I don't see particularly many good, new things to appear for liberals aside from one or two non-sociopathic SC nominees.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21358 on: November 07, 2012, 04:34:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure Scalia will die in his robe rather than let a Democrat appoint his successor.  Thomas is probably the same. 

Hopefully Kennedy can be replaced.  Ginsberg has shitty health, too.

No major legislation will be passed.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21359 on: November 07, 2012, 04:37:06 AM »
Quote from: Obama's acceptance speech
You elected us to focus on your jobs, not ours. And in the coming weeks and months, I am looking forward to reaching out and working with leaders of both parties to meet the challenges we can only solve together. Reducing our deficit. Reforming our tax code. Fixing our immigration system. Freeing ourselves from foreign oil. We’ve got more work to do.

I'm interpreting that as a budget compromise with the House GOP* that restores the Clinton top marginal rate, the DREAM Act, and cap-n-trade or some other major green energy bill as the top priorities.

Also, to a large degree this election was about letting the Obama administration actually implement its major legislation from the first term, as Obamacare and Dodd-Frank could have been either repealed by Congress or undermined by the executive branch.

Not in the sense of winning them over with sunshine and rainbows, but in that they have to compromise to get a budget at all, and raising the top marginal rate might be his sine qua non.
[close]