Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866117 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: so, Obama is president
« Reply #3000 on: March 29, 2009, 12:15:12 AM »
I like how on the last page Shinobi brought up meth being sold in drug stores but now he's saying it's the most addictive and dangerous substance on the planet lol, and then telling people they've been agreeing with him all along

And you think legalizing hardcore drugs won't effect peace and security? Where do you live again?

If meth, heroin, crack, etc were legalized, the negative effects on society would be less than the negative effects already caused by the drug war.

To:

Meth is one of the few drugs that is feasible for the average person to make in his or her home. It is also one of the most addictive substances on the planet. These arguments would not apply to the majority of drugs that I have specifically said should be legalized.

But you guys aren't paying attention to what he was posting :lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:17:44 AM by AdmiralViscen »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3001 on: March 29, 2009, 04:22:30 AM »
this conversation sucks
püp

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3002 on: March 29, 2009, 05:33:34 AM »
Most drugs that are abused aren't actually physically addictive (ie: alcohol, cocaine, heroin, etc) so drug addiction is probably just a self-control problem.  What I don't get is why you think there are so many benefits to legalization.

Prisons are overcrowding because we gave 25 year sentences for posession.  Most states have amended their three strikes laws so that drug offenders get substance abuse counseling instead of hard jail time.

As for why cops chase around drug cartels and gangsters, it's because they're criminals.  If they're not selling drugs, then they'll just extort businesses or run prostitutes or whatever.  Legalizing drugs won't make them go back to college or anything since they're the type of people who SELL DRUGS TO ADDICTS.  They don't have a socially acceptable moral code I guess.

Homemade Milk

• dandy ass extraordinaire
« Reply #3003 on: March 29, 2009, 05:56:52 AM »
Heil McCain
eri

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #3004 on: March 29, 2009, 11:19:37 AM »
This argument is stupid, can we get back on track. Green Shinobi's ideals of American Society are contrary to the culture and nature of the vast majority of America and will never happen in our lifetimes so this is a stupid thing to keep going in circles on.

Can we get back to REAL politics, aka stuff that is actually happening/could happen?

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3005 on: March 29, 2009, 11:33:59 AM »
Hannity is gonna be at the teaparty protest in Atlanta on April 15th. Right now I'm planning to go, but I don't have anyone to go with.

Cheebs

« Reply #3006 on: March 29, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »
Hannity is gonna be at the teaparty protest in Atlanta on April 15th. Right now I'm planning to go, but I don't have anyone to go with.
why!? the teaparty is embarrassing. The Boston Tea Party wasn't about the rich top  1% paying more in taxes it was about being taxed without being represented in government. These people thinking they are being like those in the boston tea party are ignorant fools.

Not a single damn person at these things other than celebs like hannity who show up are paying a single penny more in taxes I am guessing. Such a disgrace.

Cheebs

« Reply #3007 on: March 29, 2009, 11:56:55 AM »
This argument is stupid, can we get back on track. Green Shinobi's ideals of American Society are contrary to the culture and nature of the vast majority of America and will never happen in our lifetimes so this is a stupid thing to keep going in circles on.

It will almost certainly happen in the next 50 years. Pot will be legal in many states within the next decade.
I am not talking about pot. I am talking about your ideas on cocaine and the like.

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3008 on: March 29, 2009, 12:15:34 PM »
why!? the teaparty is embarrassing. The Boston Tea Party wasn't about the rich top  1% paying more in taxes it was about being taxed without being represented in government. These people thinking they are being like those in the boston tea party are ignorant fools.

Not a single damn person at these things other than celebs like hannity who show up are paying a single penny more in taxes I am guessing. Such a disgrace.

There's more to it than just that.

But hey, keep on believing in that tax cut for 95% of Americans.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3009 on: March 29, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
No, there really isn't much more to it than that, man.  There was one in Columbus just three weeks ago, and it consisted nothing more of chest-beating from the right.  It was just a four month late political rally.

Oh and dashboard confessional songs?  lol okay
püp

Cheebs

« Reply #3010 on: March 29, 2009, 12:52:49 PM »

There's more to it than just that.

But hey, keep on believing in that tax cut for 95% of Americans.
Ok, and you can keep on acussing Obama of going back on a promise that he has yet to do.

You can trash him on that all you want IF HE ACTUALLY GOES AGAINST IT. But guess what he hasn't! Stop assuming he will. He on friday at his townhall even brought up his tax cuts for 95% of Americans. He hasn't shied away from it at all.

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3011 on: March 29, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »
No, there really isn't much more to it than that, man. 

- bailouts
- debt
- taxes

He hasn't shied away from it at all.

Tapper specifically asked him Tuesday night if he would sign a budget that did not include middle class tax cuts. If he wasn't shying away from the promise, then his answer would have been an unequivocal "NO".

[youtube=560,345]Z5aoRkfcM_c[/youtube]

Fast forward to 5:15. He didn't do that. Instead, he moved the goalposts to the "tax cut" in the stimulus. How is that not shying away from it? And it goes beyond just 95% of taxpayers paying less taxes. His proposal has always been a fundamental shift in the tax burden on to much fewer people. Right now 38% of eligible taxpayers pay zero federal income taxes. His plan is/was to increase that number to 48-49% of eligible taxpayers.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3012 on: March 29, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
No, there really isn't much more to it than that, man. 

- bailouts
- debt
- taxes

You mean the TARP plan, that was formulated by A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT and supported by THE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP IN CONGRESS? 
You mean the national debt, which doubled under A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT AND A REPUBLICAN CONGRESS?
What about taxes?  So you're saying you support the idiotic House GOP plan to cut rates to the 10/25 they laid out in their "budget"?

Quote from: siamesedreamer
He hasn't shied away from it at all.

Tapper specifically asked him Tuesday night if he would sign a budget that did not include middle class tax cuts. If he wasn't shying away from the promise, then his answer would have been an unequivocal "NO".

[youtube=560,345]Z5aoRkfcM_c[/youtube]

Fast forward to 5:15. He didn't do that. Instead, he moved the goalposts to the "tax cut" in the stimulus. How is that not shying away from it? And it goes beyond just 95% of taxpayers paying less taxes. His proposal has always been a fundamental shift in the tax burden on to much fewer people. Right now 38% of eligible taxpayers pay zero federal income taxes. His plan is/was to increase that number to 48-49% of eligible taxpayers.

So?  If they're not making much money and the top 1-5% is, then you go where the money is.  Oh teh noes, they (and I'm not including YOU, cause you don't make more than 250k) are gonna pay 4.6% more in taxes!  This is definitely something on the level of what caused the American Revolution!  ...not.  The "recovery" from the 2001-2002 recession saw like 3/4 of the "wealth" generated go to the top earners. 

In summation, quit being a fucking goober.  I know you're smarter than this.  We're in a major recession right now and guess what helps speed up recovery during a recession?  Deficit spending.  Boo fucking hoo.  You'd have more credibility on the deficit shit if your guys hadn't just doubled the debt in 8 years.  Go away, find some new ways to appeal to middle American voters (here's a hint- quit blatantly hating minorities and pretending that global climate change is made-up; you guys could learn a lot from David Cameron and the Tories) and in the meantime quit embarrassing yourselves.  (Another hint- anything to do with el rushbo or any of the idiot crew from Faux is embarrassing)
yar

Cheebs

« Reply #3013 on: March 29, 2009, 04:07:59 PM »
(here's a hint- quit blatantly hating minorities and pretending that global climate change is made-up; you guys could learn a lot from David Cameron and the Tories)
I am glad someone else here has noticed that as well. I have read a few articles about what Cameron has been doing with the tories, it's really impressive stuff and I wouldn't be suprised to see him be prime minister at some point. But I can't see the modern Republican party following his example, they are waaay too stubborn.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #3014 on: March 29, 2009, 05:18:51 PM »
aww, I missed a Drug argument.  Now I'd just be redundant in calling Green Shinobi ignorant  :-\
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:21:12 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3015 on: March 29, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »
I'm starting to think that GS might need a shitheap style thread all for his own.
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3016 on: March 29, 2009, 07:00:53 PM »

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #3017 on: March 29, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »
bout fuckin time

:american
jon

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3018 on: March 29, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
awesome
püp

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3019 on: March 29, 2009, 07:58:29 PM »
That's the kind of communism I signed up for.
serge

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3020 on: March 29, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
Obama laughed off Marijuana Policy reform. Fuck that dude.

oh christ
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3021 on: March 29, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »
Well, it still doesn't change the fact that you missed nearly two pages of that discussion and that it's an issue that most politicians "laugh off."
püp

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3022 on: March 29, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »
You mean the TARP plan, that was formulated by A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT and supported by THE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP IN CONGRESS? 
You mean the national debt, which doubled under A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT AND A REPUBLICAN CONGRESS?

Which makes it all the more urgent.

So?  If they're not making much money and the top 1-5% is, then you go where the money is.  Oh teh noes, they (and I'm not including YOU, cause you don't make more than 250k) are gonna pay 4.6% more in taxes!

Obama's budget cannot solely be financed by a tax increase on the top earners. Further, reducing the number of people who pay into a system that continues to spend and spend and spend puts more burden on those paying for it.  Simple math. Don't tell me you continue to believe in an Obama middle class tax cut too?

We're in a major recession right now and guess what helps speed up recovery during a recession?  Deficit spending.

That's fine and dandy. But, Obama's deficits continue to increase after the recession is projected to be over:

Even Orszag admitted last week that Obama's deficits of > 4% GDP are untenable. They double Bush's double.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3023 on: March 29, 2009, 09:05:29 PM »
I don't know why it's such a surprise that Obama is doing all this. He campaigned on all of it.

It's what the majority of people voted for.

You think Obama is going to promise to do all of the stuff he campaigned on just to win and say:

"Sorry I said all that shit, but we broke lol."
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3024 on: March 29, 2009, 09:07:37 PM »
How long do we prop up a dying corporation? I understand GM/Ford failing would lead to economic hurt but seriously, when does this end?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3025 on: March 29, 2009, 09:08:29 PM »
None of that is a good reason to go hang out with the tea party wankers, dude.
yar

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3026 on: March 29, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »
Industry sources had said the White House planned very tough medicine in Monday's announcement, which turned out to be an understatement. And it went to the very top. The measures to be imposed by the government will have a dramatic effect on workers, unions, suppliers, bondholders, shareholders, retirees and the communities where plants are located, the sources said.

If Obama announces tomorrow that he's voiding a single union contract, then I'll use a special Obama avatar of the Obamists' choosing for 6 months.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3027 on: March 29, 2009, 09:57:16 PM »
I love everyone cheering the GM CEO getting canned. "hurray! strike one for the little guy!"

Just wait until they announce his golden parachute ... :lol

http://industry.bnet.com/auto/1000284/gm-ceo-wagoner-has-a-likely-golden-parachute-too/

So, a 15 million dollar payout upfront and a 19 million dollar retirement.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:00:11 PM by ToxicAdam »

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #3028 on: March 29, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »
TA with the annihilation. Anyway succeed at becoming a CEO, fail at everything else = still get paid.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3029 on: March 29, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »
How is that annihilation

also
[youtube=560,345]lo7TNGhmKpQ[/youtube]
He's like a black version of Michael, from the Office. same facial expressions  :lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 11:04:37 PM by Phoenix Dark »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3030 on: March 29, 2009, 11:15:42 PM »
The new VP of Dunder Miflin should take Steele's job, he's a much better black dude.
püp

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #3031 on: March 29, 2009, 11:18:54 PM »
He canceled Micheal's 15th anniversary party. Fuck him!

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #3032 on: March 30, 2009, 12:32:28 AM »
Rick Wagoner is a scapegoat so that there isn't another AIG-style uproar. The man has spent all his time as CEO trying to clean up the messes of his predecessors. For the 4-5 years preceding the global recession, GM's sales climbed on a global basis. They went from making the worst interiors in the business to some of the best. They saw huge jumps in quality. He even got favorable new UAW contracts. Oh, and he got them turned onto hybrids, switched gears from SUVs to cars and crossovers, and until the new Fusion came out he had the most fuel efficient midsize cars in the country. Still has the most fuel efficient compact, fullsize SUV, and pickup.

That said, he's pretty much done what he was going to do and having a new face on the operation might be a good thing for the sort of people who weren't paying attention to GM's progress in the first place.

How long do we prop up a dying corporation? I understand GM/Ford failing would lead to economic hurt but seriously, when does this end?

Ford isn't failing.

Chrysler got bailed out in 1980, paid back its loans in interest and was in solid shape until Mercedes tore them to shreds 25 years later. Unfortunately they did such a thorough job of it that I'd agree with you that Obama should let Chrysler die off. Which he pretty much did with his 30 day deadline.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:36:10 AM by AdmiralViscen »

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3033 on: March 30, 2009, 12:34:45 AM »
From a design perspective, the Mercedes years for Chrysler were pretty good.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #3034 on: March 30, 2009, 12:38:15 AM »
Chrysler was hugely profitable in 1998, kept Mercedes afloat for years after the merger, then started stacking up losses in 2003 or 2004 or so. Which is around the time that Mercedes stopped giving them money for new vehicle developments, their interiors turned to shit, and now they have so few vehicles in the pipeline that they have to start rebadging Fiats.

It was Mercedes' idea to give them 0 compact sedans and try to force Dodge to go hatchback-exclusive. The shitfuck Sebring and Avenger come from their lack of funds. Their thin-ass lineup is from Mercedes' idea to force all dealerships to stock all three brands and reduce the number of models at each  brand.

What good vehicles came out under Mercedes' stewardship? The LX cars and the Grand Cherokee, which were already in the pipeline before the merger. Mercedes gave them the Pacifica, Crossfire, Aspen, Caliber.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3035 on: March 30, 2009, 03:06:19 AM »
Jeep has sucked since they took over (Liberty  :yuck)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3036 on: March 30, 2009, 07:57:26 AM »
People are more put off by your logic than your research.  Boogie works in law enforcement so I'm sure that he has a bigger interest than any of us in reducing drug crime.  Legalization doesn't guarantee that crime based on the legalized drugs will stop.

I mean, consider that if this was legalized that it would still have a sin tax like alcohol or cigarettes.  The Russian Mafia made a pretty penny for a while smuggling in vodka with food coloring by claiming it was detergent.  That's also one of the reasons why cigarette trucks don't have logos.  Cigarettes are as good as money because of how easy they are to move.

It seems most likely that the former drug dealers will go from drug dealing to "smuggling".  Which is the exact same thing that they were doing before, but just with less jailtime.

Propagandhim

« Reply #3037 on: March 30, 2009, 08:23:56 AM »
On that subject, fuck all those evangelical loonies who trash the idea of a world currency because it's supposed to bring about the antichrist. Bring on a world currency. People shouldn't have to worry about their currency arbitrarily losing 30% of its value for no real reason.

But, then how will I make money doing nothing?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3038 on: March 30, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »
aww, I missed a Drug argument.  Now I'd just be redundant in calling Green Shinobi ignorant  :-\

I bet, no, I fucking GUARANTEE that I have done more research on the drug war, its history, the effects of illegal drugs both positive and negative, and their various addiction rates than you have. I fucking guarantee that shit with my dick and both nuts as collateral.

Well, your posts sure aren't reflecting this.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #3039 on: March 30, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »

I bet, no, I fucking GUARANTEE that I have done more research on the drug war, its history, the effects of illegal drugs both positive and negative, and their various addiction rates than you have. I fucking guarantee that shit with my dick and both nuts as collateral.

ahahahahahahah

You are ridiculous, GS
🍆🍆

Cheebs

« Reply #3040 on: March 30, 2009, 09:10:20 AM »
How is that annihilation

also
[youtube=560,345]lo7TNGhmKpQ[/youtube]
He's like a black version of Michael, from the Office. same facial expressions  :lol
I love how he compares running for the senate/lt. gov in the same sort of "history" making terms as being the first Black President. Steeley, there have been black senators and lt. governors long before you.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3041 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »
Well, your posts sure aren't reflecting this.

And I'm sure you're an encyclopedia on the subject.

Well, no.  But I never claimed to be, and I'm not the one who just wagered his genitals on how solid his credentials are.

Mandark

• Icon
Help! Help! Ad hominem! *clutches pearls*
« Reply #3042 on: March 30, 2009, 09:21:26 AM »
Hey, I'm being nice!

I'm not saying you haven't read up.  I'm saying that you haven't used it in your posts.  Go back and read them.

It's mostly speculation and anecdote.  Hey it's the internetz and we're not being graded, but you can't go on like that then turn around and demand that people respect your authoritah.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #3043 on: March 30, 2009, 09:50:56 AM »
I love everyone cheering the GM CEO getting canned. "hurray! strike one for the little guy!"

I don't think that's why everyone is happy that he got canned. He has been CEO of his company longer than any of the other big three CEO's, so he has had time to right the ship so to speak, but has failed to do so at every opportunity. This is in stark contrast to Ford's Mulally, who seems to be doing a stand up job in tough times. I am personally happy because I think it's pathetic that GM's board didn't get rid of Wagoner years ago
jon

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3044 on: March 30, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »
What the hell was the point of that press conference?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #3045 on: March 30, 2009, 01:48:47 PM »

...To clarify the GM business agreement?
püp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3046 on: March 30, 2009, 01:52:27 PM »
siamesedreamer is like my mother - who hates Obama (she calls him "King Obama") and thinks he has more press conferences than a President should because he likes being on television so much.

I'd like to think Obama's public appearances are normal for your average President, but just feels like sensory overload considering the attention surrounding his Presidency and the fact that Bush spent half his first term in Texas rather than D.C.
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #3047 on: March 30, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »
i am thinking republicans prefer to remain ignorant about what their government is doing
duc

Cheebs

« Reply #3048 on: March 30, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »
Well, he did campaign on the fact he would open up the white house and make his decisions far more public than in the past so it makes sense.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3049 on: March 30, 2009, 02:13:11 PM »
Well, he did campaign on the fact he would open up the white house and make his decisions far more public than in the past so it makes sense.

except for the stimulus which he didn't give anyone the time to read :drudge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3050 on: March 30, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »
i am thinking republicans prefer to remain ignorant about what their government is doing

I am thinking Republicans would rather the govt. not do anything, so they see anything done by the govt. as a negative.*

*tax cuts and bombing brown people obviously don't count
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3051 on: March 30, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

Rman

« Reply #3053 on: March 30, 2009, 02:39:39 PM »
Washington politics are so nasty.  I know that's the captain obvious statement of the century, but I sometimes forget how dirty it gets.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #3054 on: March 30, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »
Not even Minnesota's 2012 sniffing governor is playing along with these bullshit claims. Suggestion that the electoral process has been tampered with is a serious charge, yet the GOP has already shown they have no qualms playing that card. It just stirs up the frenzied horde even more

Guess what Coleman: YOU LOST

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3055 on: March 30, 2009, 03:00:21 PM »
Republican know they lost. It is just a scumbag tactic to keep Franken off the seat for as long as legally possible. Franken would give the Dems the 59th seat or 58th? I lost track. That one vote is very important to the republicans.
©ZH

siamesedreamer

« Reply #3056 on: March 30, 2009, 03:17:33 PM »

What's the agreement?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3057 on: March 30, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »

What's the agreement?

...order cars, pay with snakes?
yar

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3058 on: March 30, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
Republican know they lost. It is just a scumbag tactic to keep Franken off the seat for as long as legally possible. Franken would give the Dems the 59th seat or 58th? I lost track. That one vote is very important to the republicans.
59th according to that article.  When is the Minnesota supreme court going announce its decision?

I just thought about how awesome it would be to see a Charlie Rose interview with Franken and Coleman after the court's decision.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3059 on: March 30, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »
59th according to that article.  When is the Minnesota supreme court going announce its decision?

I just thought about how awesome it would be to see a Charlie Rose interview with Franken and Coleman after the court's decision.

Unfortunately, the Minn. Supreme Court isn't hearing this case- a special electoral court comprised of three judges is.  So that means that Coleman can inevitably appeal to the Minn. SC after the electoral court rules against him, which will probably happen sometime this week.
yar