Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866165 times)

Bebpo

He's trying to say less people are killing themselves in the fields Obama has a hand in since Obama took office because they have better lives now with Obama.

Though I'm not sure where the Leisure & Hospitality connection is.  Hell, I don't even know what a Leisure & Hospitality death is.

siamesedreamer

Its the government getting to play Dress Up Barbie with employment numbers.

That May number is the highest May number this decade.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Aren't the unemployment numbers going down just about each month?

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]0drwfnGlF_E[/youtube]
 :lol awesome

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
awesome...really? really?

(my sarcasim meter might be out of calibration, but fuck)
___

Phoenix Dark

It's so ridiculous it becomes quite amazing.

siamesedreamer

This turn into a blog now?

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
boo, mandark

triumph posts stuff all the time which he snags from andrew sullivan

when i see a graph i just assume it's from some other source.

Tonya

Mandark

• Icon

Now blogging is a medium with unreasonably strict standards of professionalism?  Really?  Blogging?

Quote from: Eric P
boo, mandark

If he doesn't link or cite a source, he should catch some shit for it.  It's just good manners and how hard is c/ping?

Anyway, it's a pretty lolzy link.  The guy is trying to do econometrics by anecdote, and he is shocked, shocked to find the leisure & hospitality industry added a lot of jobs in May.

Does anyone here not understand why hotels, theme parks, boardwalks et al add a bunch of jobs in late spring and then shed them during the fall?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
A lot of leisure and hospitality jobs were added because those are government jobs.
🍆🍆

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
A few days late but I just wanted to say that Obama speech in Cairo was one of the best speeches he's given imo and a real seminal speech in general. It had the usual expected biases and limitations and trappings of American foreign policy in there but even accounting for that it was a real classic speech. I think that will be one of those speeches that people remember long after the fact.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Stoney Mason is a name I remember, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think it's a good thing

Eric P

• Icon
filthy liberal, etc.

Tonya

Dickie Dee

Stoney Mason is a name I remember, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think it's a good thing

Stoney's good people :pimp
___

Phoenix Dark

Indeed.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

Now blogging is a medium with unreasonably strict standards of professionalism?  Really?  Blogging?

Quote from: Eric P
boo, mandark

If he doesn't link or cite a source, he should catch some shit for it.  It's just good manners and how hard is c/ping?

Anyway, it's a pretty lolzy link.  The guy is trying to do econometrics by anecdote, and he is shocked, shocked to find the leisure & hospitality industry added a lot of jobs in May.

Does anyone here not understand why hotels, theme parks, boardwalks et al add a bunch of jobs in late spring and then shed them during the fall?

chris martensen is a total bootstrapper kook, anyhow.
duc

Mandark

• Icon
http://hamptonroads.com/2009/06/huckabee-gingrich-urge-political-engagement-va-beach

"I think this is one of the most critical moments in American history," Gingrich said. "We are living in a period where we are surrounded by paganism."

"The notion that we are just one of many among equals is nonsense," Huckabee said. The United States is a "blessed" nation, he said, calling American revolutionaries' defeat of the British empire "a miracle from God's hand."

"I am not a citizen of the world," said Gingrich, who was first elected to the U.S. House from Georgia in 1978 and served as speaker from 1995 to 1999. "I am a citizen of the United States because only in the United States does citizenship start with our creator."

Phoenix Dark

"The notion that we are just one of many among equals is nonsense," Huckabee said. The United States is a "blessed" nation, he said, calling American revolutionaries' defeat of the British empire "a miracle from God's hand."

fucking paganism

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon

fucking paganism

Quit lying, you know God talk from the Huck-ster gets yer homeskoold panties in a bunch.
yar

Eric P

• Icon
so i guess god was on the side of the terrorists on 9/11?

thanks, god

dick
Tonya

Human Snorenado

• Icon
so i guess god was on the side of the terrorists on 9/11?

thanks, god

dick

"It's not illegal, it's just frowned upon.  You know, like jerking off on a plane."

"I'm pretty sure that's illegal too."

"Yeah, after 9/11.  Thanks a lot, bin Laden!"
yar

Phoenix Dark

fucking paganism

Quit lying, you know God talk from the Huck-ster gets yer homeskoold panties in a bunch.

he can't be right about everything I guess :heartbeat

Someone should ask Gingrich what he meant by paganism; like, examples plz

Mandark

• Icon
Post this to the Prussian Embassy in Siam via auto-gyro!
« Reply #4283 on: June 08, 2009, 03:23:38 AM »
Someone should ask Gingrich what he meant by paganism; like, examples plz

It'd certainly be a hard sell convincing the great American public (hello all) that they're being surrounded and usurped by a polytheistic, animist movement.

He probably means non-religious or non-Christian.  See his "gay and secular fascism" comment.

Considering Newt's opinion of himself as a master of strategy and rhetoric, he might figure it's a more effective pejorative than "secular" or "atheist".  Took a poll and saw it had high unfavorables.  Or maybe he really believes it.

Either way, makes him sound comically old and grumpy to me.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:57:20 AM by Mandark »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Why does Newt get all this face time anyway, who cares what he thinks?
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon

you see, he's a very smart guy who has a lot of ideas ALL THE TIME.  i know this because it is the official washington dc beltway insider blurb that gets attached to every description of newt.  nevermind that it's not, you know, true and stuff.  if we wanted to say something TRUE about him we'd say he got reprimanded by the house ethics committee while he was speaker, and resigned in disgrace after trying to impeach a president for getting a blow job and lying about it while newt was having an affair with one of his staffers.
yar

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
who else would talk? there are no tv-friendly elected republicans out there.

Stoney Mason

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/06/huckabee-gingrich-urge-political-engagement-va-beach

"I think this is one of the most critical moments in American history," Gingrich said. "We are living in a period where we are surrounded by paganism."

"I am not a citizen of the world," said Gingrich, who was first elected to the U.S. House from Georgia in 1978 and served as speaker from 1995 to 1999. "I am a citizen of the United States because only in the United States does citizenship start with our creator."

I like the fact that if you swapped in Islam and Allah and a few other choices words this is the sort of language that has certain types terrified of Muslim Extremists.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Newt gets all this face time because the squeaky wheel gets the grease and he reminds the GOP of the glory days going up against Slick Willy.  Since most Reagan era politicians are dead or retired for good, you got to take what you can get.
🍆🍆

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
New bin laden tape.
[youtube=560,345]WBWY87dKp1A[/youtube]
©ZH

siamesedreamer

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/court-clears-chrysler-sale/

One of the darkest days in the history of the United States. The repercussions from this will be felt as long as this country exists. Fuck Obama.

Dickie Dee

One of the darkest days in the history of the United States. The repercussions from this will be felt as long as this country exists. Fuck Obama.

:rofl
___

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones

My God. The Supreme Court allowed a company to sell its assets to another company. This is one of the darkest days in American history, worse than Pearl Harbor, Antietam, the assassinations of JFK, MLK, and Lincoln, and 9/11. Obama.... why did you allow this to happen, you insidious Negro.
wtc

Dickie Dee

Republicans: Sotomayor is so experienced it's unfair  :'(

Senate GOP's Reaction To Sotomayor Hearings: We'll Have To Review 76 Cases Per Day
By Eric Kleefeld - June 9, 2009, 5:18PM
The Senate Republican Communications Center has put out a new objection to the scheduled hearings for Sonia Sotomayor: That this schedule represents a double standard compared to the time it took for John Roberts' hearings to begin, because it means Republicans will have to review 76 of her cases per day, beginning from the day when the nomination was announced, to be ready on the day the hearings are supposed to begin.

The key here is that Sotomayor has spent a lot longer on the bench than Roberts did. Roberts had a total of 327 cases, to be reviewed in 55 days before his hearings -- about six per day. Sotomayor has 3,625 cases, to be reviewed in 48 days, working out to a ratio of about 76.

Now hold on a second, the math can get even trickier from here.

I did some number-crunching, and it turns out that in order to get to the same per-case ratio as Roberts, then the hearings would have to start 610 days after the initial nomination -- or a year and half from the current scheduled date. If we waited for September, which Republicans have called for, that would bring the ratio down to about 34 cases reviewed per day.

So how long do Republicans want?

"I think a lot of people on both sides of the aisle have acknowledged that Senate Republicans have approached this process in a very fair way," said Senate Republican Communications Center spokesman John Ashbrook, in a phone call with TPM. "And from the beginning we've been asking for one thing really, and that's an opportunity to review the record in a thorough way. And I think a lot of Democrats have agreed with us."

I asked again what ratio they'd be looking for. "A thorough review is what we're looking for," Ashbrook explained. "Putting a number on it is not as important as opportunity to throughly review the record."
___

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind

smh. Didn't actually read the article?

With the company losing an estimated $100 million a day, with tens of thousands of workers’ jobs said to be in jeopardy, and with no other rescuer on the horizon

Fiat gets a one-fifth block of ownership, but cannot seek a controlling share until the governments are paid back.
jon

Stoney Mason

Deeds wins the dem primary in Virginia. He's a more conservative Dem than I would like but that also probably gives him a better chance of winning the actual race in that state.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/06/creigh-deeds-wins-virginia-gubernatorial-primary-stomping-mcauliffe-and-moran.php?ref=fpa

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/06/chuck-grassley-on-twitter-inside-the-senatorial-id.php?ref=fpb?ref=dc2

From SM's link. 

Having dealt with a few members of his family, they are all fucks of the highest order.
🍆🍆

Stoney Mason

George H Bush trading up from Martha  ;)

Cheebs

George H Bush trading up from Martha  ;)

(Image removed from quote.)
:lol

There is a clip of him from last year smacking Terri Hatcher on the ass as well.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Sort of.

Dickie Dee

Murtha would be a trade up from Martha
___

Cheebs

martha?

Dickie Dee

Barbara, oops
___

Stoney Mason

After further investigation it appears to go both ways...

Stoney Mason

martha?

I always think Martha Washington instead of Barbara Bush...

Cheebs

After further investigation it appears to go both ways...

(Image removed from quote.)

wtf was going that day?  :lol

Dickie Dee

Just try and process this:

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

HANNITY: The price of oil is going up again. It’s not quite at $140 a barrel, but it’s certainly on its way up to $70 and $80.

PALIN: Yeah, well and I thank God it’s not at $140. You know people say, “Hey, Alaska! Eight-five percent of your state budget is based on the price of a barrel of oil. Aren’t you glad the price is going up?” I say, “No!” The fewer dollars that the state of Alaska government has, the fewer dollars we spend. And that’s good for our families and for the private sector.

___

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
haha.  It reads like a better than average joke post.

Phoenix Dark

Republicans: Sotomayor is so experienced it's unfair  :'(

Senate GOP's Reaction To Sotomayor Hearings: We'll Have To Review 76 Cases Per Day

I can't believe this. Holy shit

"what do we really know about her?"
"well look at all these cases to find out"
"well what do we REALLY know about her now?"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:43:34 PM by Phoenix Dark »

siamesedreamer

My God. The Supreme Court allowed a company to sell its assets to another company. This is one of the darkest days in American history, worse than Pearl Harbor, Antietam, the assassinations of JFK, MLK, and Lincoln, and 9/11. Obama.... why did you allow this to happen, you insidious Negro.

Yes, its all because Obama's black. Nevermind the fact that this deal has destroyed 150 years of established contract law by subjugating secured creditors to unsecured creditors through the use threats by the President of the United States. As an added bonus, he may have even violated the 5th amendment.

Kinda makes you want to go out tomorrow and load up on corporate bonds doesn't it?

Mandark

• Icon

Someone needs to make a hyperventilating/inhaler smiley.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones

Someone needs to make a hyperventilating/inhaler smiley.

wtc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

edit:  wrong thread.   :'(
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:19:10 AM by Father_Mike »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
siamesedreamer probably liker peter schiff
püp

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind

Paganism =>
Breusch-Pagan test is used to test for homoscedasticity =>
homoscedasticity =>
HOMO

:o

We are surrounded by homos  :o
jon

Phoenix Dark

Stoney Mason

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/09/world/worldwatch/entry5076128.shtml

Seriously?

Stupid people exist all over the world. We shouldn't pretend that Isreal is somehow exempt from this condition.

Phoenix Dark

plus the article is titled "some Israelites insulted...", but the story doesn't even mention direct quotes or anything. Just some shit from a news  channel? wtf

Stoney Mason

Contessa Brewer versus John Ziegler over David Letterman

rolls eyes