Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866163 times)

Himu

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #5280 on: September 12, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »
I take it you're watching coverage of the "Glenn Beck Scared White People March" Himu?

Naw buddy

http://kimag.es/share/30042049.jpg
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #5281 on: September 12, 2009, 02:29:39 PM »
:lol

Oh Republicans, why must you be so comically stupid.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #5282 on: September 12, 2009, 06:12:12 PM »
The New Scientist has fun visualizing healthcare data.  What'd they find?  The US spends a lot more than other countries but doesn't get comparably better care, and there are big local/regional differences in treatment decisions.  Surprise!

Also, they have a neat interactive graph gadget you can play around with here.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5283 on: September 12, 2009, 06:53:24 PM »
I take it you're watching coverage of the "Glenn Beck Scared White People March" Himu?

I like Maher's name for it better: THE MILLION MORON MARCH
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5284 on: September 12, 2009, 07:09:55 PM »
It's too bad the local DC residents don't come down and make some people check their racism.
©ZH

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #5285 on: September 12, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #5286 on: September 12, 2009, 11:10:06 PM »
rabble rabble rabble I'm simple minded and cannot fathom people having a different opinion so instead I will just call them racist. rabble rabble rabble.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #5287 on: September 12, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »
I don't get it, why are you calling us racist?
PSP

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #5288 on: September 12, 2009, 11:14:42 PM »
rabble rabble rabble I'm simple minded and cannot fathom people having a different opinion so instead I will just call them racist. rabble rabble rabble.
:lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #5289 on: September 12, 2009, 11:27:02 PM »
It's too bad the local DC residents don't come down and make some people check their racism.

It's rainy and I'm tired.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #5290 on: September 12, 2009, 11:37:39 PM »
[youtube=560,345]s1Ntu7Aapys[/youtube]

Poor woman. :lol
PSP

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #5291 on: September 13, 2009, 12:06:34 AM »

rabble rabble rabble you're welcome to your own opinion but not your own facts. rabble rabble rabble douche.
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5292 on: September 13, 2009, 12:14:50 AM »

Yeah, cause those people seem to have arrived at their deductions based on logic.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5293 on: September 13, 2009, 12:50:29 AM »
Let's be fair to FoC.  We were calling him racist way before he applied to the Ron Paul personality cult.

When it comes to being disturbed by melanin, he was ahead of the curve.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5294 on: September 13, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »

:borys

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #5295 on: September 13, 2009, 01:00:43 PM »
calling a spade a spade, not racist :smug
jon

Dickie Dee

« Reply #5296 on: September 13, 2009, 02:12:12 PM »
:bow
(Image removed from quote.)
:bow2

:american

So your point is that you continue to be an assburger sociopathic 'tard? Please guide me
___

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #5297 on: September 13, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »

uh i guess this is technically true???

anyway, time for a NOT RACIST cavalcade:

now for just general dumbassery from the 9/12 events:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42406957@N04/
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z225/presto668/TeaParty/

:rofl
wtc

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #5298 on: September 13, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »
that girl holding the nazi pelosi sign is cute  :-*
jon

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5299 on: September 13, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »
Rick Santorum is asking for your prayers re: running for Pres in 2012.

You sure have mine, Senator Crazy.  You could win Iowa and South Carolina with ease, and then it's off to the races in crazy town with you as the presumptive nominee.  Obama might get 60% of the vote.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5300 on: September 13, 2009, 11:51:55 PM »
Well he certainly has the wrap sheet to impress the tea baggers. I wonder what they think about Catholics though  :-\

speaking of which, Palin could really turn the primaries into the ultimate troll fest assuming Romney (mormon), Santorum (Mary worshiper), and Jindal (moslem) run  :lol

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #5301 on: September 14, 2009, 12:14:22 AM »
I'm presuming the point of posting that was because he found it offensive; I suppose my point was that it was fuck awesome.

It occurs to me that you're celebrating his death because of his views on economic and social justice, views I mostly share.

I do hope you're not praying for my death, JD.

archie4208

« Reply #5302 on: September 14, 2009, 01:46:39 AM »
Can we please ship the birthers to Kenya since they are so obsessed with that country?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #5303 on: September 14, 2009, 12:03:26 PM »
You really are a cunt and a half.  "Taxachusetts"  :lol  Get fucked man.
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5304 on: September 14, 2009, 12:06:37 PM »
Who are you to deny the man the sweat of his brow, BrandNew?  JayDubya EARNED that cunt and a half, and you want to give that half a cunt away to someone who is lazy and didn't want to work for it.
yar

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #5305 on: September 14, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »

heh wow
地平線

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #5306 on: September 14, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
I admit, I lol'd at Taxachusetts.
PSP

Crushed

« Reply #5307 on: September 14, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »
[youtube=560,345]0Q7XH8lfGMc[/youtube]

in this video we watch a mob scream "i don't want good things, hurt me so rich people make money"

[youtube=560,345]kOPsla-MyLk[/youtube]

a guy tries to chase a bunch of distinguished bla ACORN OPERATIVES out of here
wtc

Dickie Dee

« Reply #5308 on: September 14, 2009, 04:07:56 PM »
a guy tries to chase a bunch of distinguished bla ACORN OPERATIVES out of here

:punch ACONE! ACONE! :punch
___

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #5309 on: September 14, 2009, 04:13:26 PM »
It still amazes me how these peopl are manipulated to think that a public action group that's sustained by their own sons and daughters could be evil, that it is a bad thing to be offered lower premiums at the expense of an insurance companies bottom line, or that Obama is the first President to use a teleprompter. Some old man in a think tank snaps his fingers and these people snatch up the talking points and just run with them.

Dickie Dee

« Reply #5310 on: September 14, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »
It still amazes me how these peopl are manipulated to think that a public action group that's sustained by their own sons and daughters could be evil, that it is a bad thing to be offered lower premiums at the expense of an insurance companies bottom line, or that Obama is the first President to use a teleprompter. Some old man in a think tank snaps his fingers and these people snatch up the talking points and just run with them.

What are you, the Apologist Czar? :smug
___

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Re: What I also "celebrate" is a protester that can spell! SMH
« Reply #5311 on: September 14, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »
I'm presuming the point of posting that was because he found it offensive; I suppose my point was that it was fuck awesome.

It occurs to me that you're celebrating his death because of his views on economic and social justice, views I mostly share.

I do hope you're not praying for my death, JD.

What I celebrate, pausingly, is the end of the career of a horrible human being, through and through, and if Obama et. al are so keen to tie their project to him, then I would like to see it die as he did.  aa

Of course, any gains from his demise would be short lived, as Taxachusetts will no doubt replace a Kennedy with a Kennedy or an ideological clone placeholder, though perhaps not one that avoided certain prison with de facto royalty status.

If you identify with every cause or position this man took, then I am certainly glad you are not a representative in our legislature.  Regardless, Mandark, you need not worry - I don't pray. 

Wow buddy.  So your mind has resorted to this line of thinking? He was horrible, huh? 

horrible things:

atom bombs
Plagues
Famine
Homicidal Sociopaths
The sun going supernova
Proton decay in the long run
Dying
Flesh Eatin Bacteria

things that are annoying/aggravating:

Politicians I don't personally agree with

And you can argue its semantical, but if you resort to calling people horrible you'd be surprised how your subconscious brain interprets that.  So you end up wishing people would die.
 :-\
sad

M3wThr33

Re: What I also "celebrate" is a protester that can spell! SMH
« Reply #5312 on: September 14, 2009, 09:54:38 PM »
Wow buddy.  So your mind has resorted to this line of thinking? He was horrible, huh? 

horrible things:

atom bombs
Plagues
Famine
Homicidal Sociopaths
The sun going supernova
Proton decay in the long run
Dying
Flesh Eatin Bacteria
Black Presidents

things that are annoying/aggravating:

Politicians I don't personally agree with

And you can argue its semantical, but if you resort to calling people horrible you'd be surprised how your subconscious brain interprets that.  So you end up wishing people would die.
 :-\

Fixed that for the people protesting a few posts up.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5313 on: September 15, 2009, 10:44:21 AM »
that girl holding the nazi pelosi sign is cute  :-*

I agree... why are the politically active cute girls usually Republicans ???
^_^

Tristam

« Reply #5314 on: September 15, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
So anyway I was checking out the headlines on iGoogle this morning at work:

Brehvolution

« Reply #5315 on: September 15, 2009, 02:06:44 PM »
Just saw this.

http://www.billionairesforwealthcare.com/

More:
[youtube=560,345]jHVwrCzRUX0[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:17:26 PM by Zero Hero »
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5316 on: September 15, 2009, 04:44:12 PM »
Rick Santorum affirmed on an RNC conference call -- aimed at attacking Arlen Specter -- that he's considering a run for president in 2012 -- because, he said, the Obama presidency is "injurious to America."

"The dynamic has changed," Santorum said. "A lot of folks who might not have thought about running against an incumbent president" are now considering it.

He cited Obama's lower poll numbers and his failure to "transform" and unify the country.

"A lot of people are going to take a look and see wht they can do to try to confront this presidency, which many of us -- as you're seeing from the tea parties and the like -- which many of us believe is injurious to America," Santorum said, saying the 2012 race is "something that I think I would consider."

Santorum also elaborated on his opposition to the use of reconciliation to pass health care legislation; the parliamentary procedure was used, with his support, in the Bush years to pass the controversial 2003 tax cuts and a range of other measures, including opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling.

Santorum called ANWR drilling "fairly minor" in its impact on the land and on the economy

"You're talking about drilling holes, as opposed to rejiggering and reconstructing the entire health care system of this country," the former Pennsylvania senator said.

"A tax bill is by definition a revenue bill - it affects the budget. That's what reconciliation is for," he said.
"This is a major policy initiative in an area that goes beyond the federal government's balance sheets -- that to me makes it an abomination."

He warned that the procedure would turn the bill into a "Rube Goldberg machine."

UPDATE: A Democrat notes that Santorum didn't always consider ANWR a minor matter of a few holes: “I believe that ANWR has the potential to play a significant role in reducing our dependence on foreign oil, and I support exploring this area in a safe and environmentally sound way," he wrote in 2006.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0909/Santorum_may_challenge_injurious_Obama.html

[youtube=560,345]_Xm1XErUvXo[/youtube]

Brehvolution

« Reply #5317 on: September 15, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »
He cited Obama's lower poll numbers and his failure to "transform" and unify the country.

:lol :lol :lol
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5318 on: September 15, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »

Crushed

« Reply #5319 on: September 15, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_09/019954.php

9/12 CROWD ESTIMATES JUMP THE SHARK.... The "debate" over the size of the crowd for the right-wing protests in D.C. on Saturday have been painful to watch the last few days. Absurd claims and bogus photographs abound. This morning, Glenn Beck said a "university" put the number at 1.7 million, but he couldn't remember which one.

All of this has been embarrassing for a few days now, but the story didn't become farcical until today.

Yesterday on his radio program, while discussing the crowds at this weekend's 9/12 protests, Glenn Beck claimed that the London Telegraph "quote[d] a source from the Park Service, the National Park Service, saying that it is the largest march on Washington ever." This led to a good deal of confusion here, as the Telegraph article contains no such quote. Just another case of Beck making things up? Actually, the story behind this turns out to be much funnier than we could have anticipated.

Several conservative blogs have been quoting National Park Service spokesman "Dan Bana" as saying the 9/12 protest was "the largest event held in Washington, D.C., ever." This appears to be a repurposing of this quote from David Barna (who, unlike Dan Bana, appears to be a real person):

"David Barna, a Park Service spokesman, said the agency did not conduct its own count. Instead, it will use a Washington Post account that said 1.8 million people gathered on the US Capitol grounds, National Mall, and parade route. 'It is a record,' Barna said. 'We believe it is the largest event held in Washington, D.C., ever.'"

There are an astounding number of conservative bloggers running with this today, all of whom are telling their readers that Saturday's protest was the largest in D.C. history. (My personal favorite was the one mocking "Democrats and their media acolytes" who refuse to believe it.)

The problem, of course, is that the quote conservatives are so excited about referenced the Obama inauguration. The article that generated all of this right-wing excitement has a headline that reads, "Inaugural crowd size reportedly D.C. record." The very first sentence in the article that the conservative bloggers relied on reads, "The National Park Service says it will rely on a media report that says 1.8 million people attended President Obama's inauguration."

Charles Johnson, himself a conservative blogger at Little Green Footballs, finds the right's approach to this rather depressing. "This is so pathetic I don't know whether to laugh or cry," he said, adding, "An epic, monumental fail."

ahahahaha
wtc

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #5320 on: September 15, 2009, 09:09:03 PM »
:rofl

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5321 on: September 15, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
Leno has Michael Moore on tonight.

FAT FAT FAT.
yar

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #5322 on: September 16, 2009, 12:59:30 AM »

:omg So on top of his not being an American, we now know his birthplace is not even the real Kenya

Wheels within wheels ...   :ninja
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:03:38 AM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #5323 on: September 16, 2009, 02:34:26 AM »
The mainstream appropriation of 'fail' and 'win' is starting to get on my tits. The above example is particularly grating; it should of course be 'An epic monumental failure'

still - nice find, Crushed. It's amazing how Chinese whispers bullshit like that can still happen in an age when everyone has instant access to the original stories. There's no excuse for not checking your facts and sources anymore.
vjj

Brehvolution

« Reply #5324 on: September 16, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »
Who needs facts when you have faith. :smug
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #5325 on: September 16, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »
Carter getting blasted for saying what we were all thinking. :lol
PSP

Oblivion

« Reply #5326 on: September 16, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »
Carter getting blasted for saying what we were all thinking. :lol

Where?

Phoenix Dark

Robo

« Reply #5329 on: September 16, 2009, 06:00:15 PM »
I think Carter is probably wrong in specifically calling out Wilson as a racist (if he did in fact do this -- I can't find text of his full comments anywhere and I can't watch video at work), but it should be pretty fucking clear to everyone that it was very much present at the 9/12 crazyfuck rally.  The media seems to be more keen on focusing on the former.
obo

Dickie Dee

« Reply #5330 on: September 16, 2009, 06:10:54 PM »
Wilson was a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, thinking him racist isn't that hard of a stretch.
___

Robo

« Reply #5331 on: September 16, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »
Oh god, Wilson was the doofus who criticized Strom Thurmond's secret black daughter for revealing herself?  Nevermind.  :lol
obo

Brehvolution

« Reply #5332 on: September 16, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »
Oh god, Wilson was the doofus who criticized Strom Thurmond's secret black daughter for revealing herself?  Nevermind.  :lol

He specifically said Thurmond "sullied" his good name because of the kid.
©ZH

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5333 on: September 16, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »
I enjoyed this article:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/09/16/beck_skousen/index.html

I think it is a pretty good article explaining why Glenn Beck thinks the way he does.
🍆🍆

Robo

« Reply #5334 on: September 16, 2009, 09:47:13 PM »
obo

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5335 on: September 16, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »
:lol Obama's such a dork. 

Ta-Nehisi Coates over at the Atlantic had a pretty astute blog entry on all of the the white rage at Obama earlier today:

Barack Obama, bourgeois in every way that bourgeois is right and just, will not dance. He tells kids to study--and they seethe. He accepts an apology for an immature act of rudeness--and they go hysterical. He takes his wife out for a date--and their veins bulge. His humanity, his ordinary blackness, is killing them. Dig the audio of his response to Kanye West--the way he says, "He's a jackass." He sounds like one of my brothers. And that's the point, because that's what he is. Barack Obama refuses to be their distinguished black fellow. And it's driving them crazy.

It's about time.
yar

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #5336 on: September 16, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That is the best gawdamned picture of a president ever. :rock  :lol
MMA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #5338 on: September 16, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »
:lol Obama's such a dork. 

Ta-Nehisi Coates over at the Atlantic had a pretty astute blog entry on all of the the white rage at Obama earlier today:

Barack Obama, bourgeois in every way that bourgeois is right and just, will not dance. He tells kids to study--and they seethe. He accepts an apology for an immature act of rudeness--and they go hysterical. He takes his wife out for a date--and their veins bulge. His humanity, his ordinary blackness, is killing them. Dig the audio of his response to Kanye West--the way he says, "He's a jackass." He sounds like one of my brothers. And that's the point, because that's what he is. Barack Obama refuses to be their distinguished black fellow. And it's driving them crazy.

It's about time.

Saw this earlier. Truth bomb total. Obama acts like...a normal middle aged dude. Like my dad or some shit. And Michelle acts like...a normal middled aged lady. And she clearly wears the pants

Crushed

wtc