Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866179 times)

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #6420 on: November 25, 2009, 12:51:47 AM »
Weren't many of those things available to the Romans? Isn't that just a logical step in civilization, rather than science pushing an agenda?

Sanitation was always possible, but the Romans didn't have the population density that Western civilizations were forced to deal with in the mid to late-1800s. Industrialization created waste and populations that cities had never had to deal with before.

Governments did not feel compelled to perform basic sanitary services, like waste removal or clean up after livestock. I'm not even kidding. Living conditions in New York and London with filthy. New York for instance (circa 1830), had a population of 250,000 and there was no sewage system, no clean water supply, no waste removal and swine were literally running the streets.

But services would mean an increase in taxes, and the living conditions were something their constituents seemed content to deal with.

What pushed sanitation was cholera, and not some natural evolution of government services. People thought the air, from all the waste and filth, was literally hazardous and spreading cholera. There was almost an immediate reaction to the speculation, and over the course of the next several decades, major cities developed sanitation services. It was pushed heavily by the scientific community, despite after it was learned that cholera was spread through water and not air.

If CO2 was found to be a minor player in the greenhouse effect, would that make the green industry disappear? Wouldn't it still continue on? Would we still not seek more efficient homes and appliances? A smarter energy grid? A more varied use of energy sources?

No.

As I just stated, governments and people are compelled by a sense of urgency only when they're directly threatened. If we told people that could pour oil into the ocean and create slicks to slide off of, with no negative impact to their livelihood (but still destroy the ocean), they'd probably do it.

I know you're not an optimist about the human condition, so please don't troll me.
PSP

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #6421 on: November 25, 2009, 01:54:10 AM »
toxic, are you skeptical of CO2 physically acting as a "greenhouse" gas or if people produce enough of it to affect the environment.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #6422 on: November 25, 2009, 06:29:05 AM »
clearly, libertarians have never worked in a real job in their life or participated in a heavily-contextual email thread! :lol

You clearly didnt read the emails then. I've had long work emails and never have I said anything remotely similar to what these people said. For crying out loud look at some of this shit. I know it's hard for you to actually look at this objectively. I know it's difficult for people to tell your that your religion is based on lies, but jesus fucking christ look at this shit. It clearly paints a picture that the intentions were not to present facts but to push their belief, whether the facts supported it or not. Get your head out of your asses.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6423 on: November 25, 2009, 07:44:41 AM »
I guess I don't really care if scientists play up global warming.  To be honest, if a scientist is devoting their whole life to global warming, they're not exactly going to be unbiased because if global warming didn't happen, that person is going to have to find something else to do.  It's like how oil lobbyists keep pressing the need for oil.  We can spend DOD like budgets reforming the grid for green technologies or electric cars but we're all convinced from biased oil lobbyists (indirectly as they funnel influence through government and corporations) that oil is still necessary in society and that alternatives are nice but not feasible.  Meanwhile, we spend a few billion on new fighter jets that aren't necessary.

"Trick" isn't the best word choice but if the conversations are between people that know what it means and not the lolbertarians on the internet, then said lolbertarians should shut the fuck up.  E-mails between scientists shouldn't type e-mails in special wording so 20 year old middle class suburbanities panties won't get bunched up.  Also I find it entertaining how scientists are supposed to choose their words carefully but the same lolbertarian set 8 months ago was wanting us to give a bunch of leeway to the wordings of the numerous racist and irrational Ron Paul newsletter articles.
🍆🍆

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #6425 on: November 25, 2009, 09:23:49 AM »
http://www.georgehutchins.com/

LOL

Thanks. I'm sending a nice little email. I created a gmail account to send nice messages to scumbags like this. If anyone wants the login info. PM me.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:41:53 AM by Zero Hero EDGE™ »
©ZH

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politi
« Reply #6426 on: November 25, 2009, 09:29:29 AM »
I guess I don't really care if scientists play up global warming.  To be honest, if a scientist is devoting their whole life to global warming, they're not exactly going to be unbiased because if global warming didn't happen, that person is going to have to find something else to do.  It's like how oil lobbyists keep pressing the need for oil.  We can spend DOD like budgets reforming the grid for green technologies or electric cars but we're all convinced from biased oil lobbyists (indirectly as they funnel influence through government and corporations) that oil is still necessary in society and that alternatives are nice but not feasible.  Meanwhile, we spend a few billion on new fighter jets that aren't necessary.

"Trick" isn't the best word choice but if the conversations are between people that know what it means and not the lolbertarians on the internet, then said lolbertarians should shut the fuck up.  E-mails between scientists shouldn't type e-mails in special wording so 20 year old middle class suburbanities panties won't get bunched up.  Also I find it entertaining how scientists are supposed to choose their words carefully but the same lolbertarian set 8 months ago was wanting us to give a bunch of leeway to the wordings of the numerous racist and irrational Ron Paul newsletter articles.

Uh... it's not like the stuff they said can be taken out of context. They fucking talk about fucking hiding the facts to support their viewpoint. They might as well be creationists.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #6427 on: November 25, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
Or republicans. :smug
©ZH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6429 on: November 25, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »
clearly, libertarians have never worked in a real job in their life or participated in a heavily-contextual email thread! :lol

You clearly didnt read the emails then. I've had long work emails and never have I said anything remotely similar to what these people said. For crying out loud look at some of this shit. I know it's hard for you to actually look at this objectively. I know it's difficult for people to tell your that your religion is based on lies, but jesus fucking christ look at this shit. It clearly paints a picture that the intentions were not to present facts but to push their belief, whether the facts supported it or not. Get your head out of your asses.

where have i said i am convinced that global warming is a threat? so far, the science has seemed sound to me, but i haven't researched it extensively, nor do i really care that much. since i have a lack of interest, this issue is one of those i defer to experts on, particularly those with "science" somewhere in their occupation as opposed to contrarian free market epopts.

my POINT is that these emails are a product of a context you and any one who wasn't a participant can't understand, and is hardly the smoking gun you've prayed for. also, that you've never participated in a real job. whether or not i have "faith" in global warming is completely irrelevant!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:14:48 PM by Professor Prole »
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6430 on: November 25, 2009, 02:14:08 PM »
same.
duc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6431 on: November 25, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
I like how prole's defense of the emails is "Wait a second guys we really don't know all the facts"

Yet, this attitude is nowhere to be found when it actually comes discussing the subject of "climate change" not by prole and not by anyone on the left.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6432 on: November 25, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »
I sent an e-mail to another manager about how much of a prick our DM was being, and accidentally CC'd him on it. That was pretty funny. :lol
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6433 on: November 25, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »
(also i called my boss a fuckface)

I bet in context you were really telling your friend how great your boss was right?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6434 on: November 25, 2009, 02:21:07 PM »
even though i just said "i have largely neutral but scientist-biased" opinion on global warming? so science is the exclusive domain of liberals, now? first liberals own facts, and now the process by which facts are discovered -- EXCELLENT. you heard it here first.

my defense of the emails is that they are next to useless save to free market kooks looking for an angle, ANY angle by which to GAWTCHA the evil evil science what might be used to make them feel a bit guilty. not my problem!
duc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6435 on: November 25, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »
Anyway, the emails clearly paint a picture that climate change is not based on facts, rather some delusional "scientists" who make stuff up.

Liberals circle the wagon and we can movie on to juicer news like this article.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=aCgZM8CszQSg

Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- At first it was just an unverifiable assertion. Now it turns out to have been a case of bureaucratic ineptitude and possible fraud. Transparency and accountability aren’t working out the way President Barack Obama had hoped.

The administration was already skating on thin ice when it announced on Oct. 30, with great fanfare, that 640,329 jobs had been created or saved as a result of the $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

Not 640,000, or even 640,300. Six-hundred-forty-thousand- three-hundred-and-twenty-nine.

Asked about accumulating reports of phony jobs in phantom districts, Obama told Fox News’s Major Garrett that “this is an inexact science.”

Turned into an exact one by his administration, I might add.

Even Vice President Joe Biden had the good sense to round up to the nearest million, which puts the number of jobs created or saved in line with “government and private forecasters’ estimates” for the Recovery Act.

Local newspapers across the country started to notice problems with the, er, jobs. Small stuff, like jobs that weren’t created and congressional districts that don’t exist. You have to admire the consistency.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #6436 on: November 25, 2009, 02:21:43 PM »
People will defend even the indefensible when the alternative is admitting the other guy is right. I used to wonder how people would not realize the Rapture happened. But after this email disaster it's not hard to see how "scientists" could dismiss it, and the sheep follow suit. People disappear all the time, this is nothing new

:rofl

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6437 on: November 25, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »
that said, i am glad that lolbertarians take a strict constructionist interpretation of college intellectual emails!

EMAIL THREADS: PUBLISHED TRUTHS FOR ALL MEN.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6438 on: November 25, 2009, 02:25:32 PM »
i never trust a reported number that lacks a repeated digit
duc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6439 on: November 25, 2009, 02:27:15 PM »
Circle dem wagons prole.  :lol

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6441 on: November 25, 2009, 02:51:29 PM »
Does that exculpate them? Absolutely not. Does it explain why Phil Jones thought that private e-mails from climate researchers discussing the Fourth Assessment Report of the IPCC should be deleted? Nope, not at all. Does it demonstrate that scientific progress, despite supposedly being based on the accumulation of data and the testing of theories, can be a messy, messy business, full of personal intrigue and antipathies? Absolutely yes

*yawn
None of this matters. It's like explaining away genocide by saying "opps we're only human"

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6442 on: November 25, 2009, 03:04:43 PM »
well, as long as your certainty that global warming doesn't exist and that all scientists that support it are in the hock on account of a few dubious emails isn't threatened!
duc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6443 on: November 25, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »
Well since there isn't any science supporting it. I think the burden of proof rests on people who want to believe it.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6444 on: November 25, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6445 on: November 25, 2009, 04:21:26 PM »
ok, I just asked toxic this but foc, do you think that CO2 does not function as a "greenhouse" gas or that it does function as a greenhouse gas, but humans don't make enough of it to screw up the environment?

btw, I haven't really been following this email stuff but is there anything that disproves every single other climate scientist out there?  I mean, you'll definitely find scientists in all fields fudging up research to get more grants and ever.  But if the other 99.9998% of climate scientists believe that global warming is man-made, then I don't see any reason why this should actually make somebody more skeptical of man-made global warming.

Brehvolution

« Reply #6446 on: November 25, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »
Looks like NASA is in on it too.

With 2007 being the 2nd warmest year and 2009 being the 5th warmest in 130 years, it's obviously a cooling trend. Never mind that 8 of the 10 warmest years happened in the last 10 years. :smug
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 04:29:00 PM by Zero Hero EDGE™ »
©ZH

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #6447 on: November 25, 2009, 04:41:52 PM »
I believe in global warming I could do so without knowing dick about the science.  I believe in it because in my 29 years of life, all of them spent for the most part in Alaska, I've seen climate change, firsthand.

I've lived through summers that are hotter then they were ten and fifteen years prior, I've lived through shorter winters, I've lived through winters with less snow, summers with less rain.  My home state is warmer then it was when I was a child, heck, when I was a teenager even.

Oblivion

« Reply #6448 on: November 25, 2009, 06:48:58 PM »

Uh... it's not like the stuff they said can be taken out of context. They fucking talk about fucking hiding the facts to support their viewpoint. They might as well be creationists.

Zero already mentioned it, but there I can't help but be really irked when global warming deniers have the audacity to mock creationists, flat earthers and the like, considering these guys happen to be on the same team 90% of the time.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #6449 on: November 25, 2009, 07:32:08 PM »
Well they often have totally different motivations than the religious nuts.  They probably believe that the people who believe in man-made global warming will push an agenda that will get rid of blue-collar coal mines and raise taxes and utility rates to fund future alternative energy.  And that probably will happen.

I can kind of sympathize with some of that and personally I don't think that solar, wind, or Prius' are the future of green technology.  We're probably all just going to be driving electric cars with the grid powered by nuclear.

The problem though with nuclear is not just that it has a (recovering) shit reputation, but that it also requires a large capital investment in building a new plant.  I'd imagine it has to eventually overtake "green" technologies though because it actually reduces CO2 and it has enough return on investment to really appeal to the utility companies and environmentalists (the non-distinguished mentally-challenged ones at least).

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6450 on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:16 PM »
Most global warming deniers are Republicans/right wingers and most (rational) global warming solutions are typically spearheaded by the Democrats/left wingers.  In the black and white world of American politics, to support anti-global warming initiatives means to support socialism.  Most deniers think it is just fine to drive 100 mph off the environmental cliff and would rather wait until half of the coastal states are submerged before doing something about it (and dragging their feet every step of the way).

I'm 99.9% sure most of the global warming is man made but even if it is that 0.1%, I have no idea why people would be against renewable energies or initiatives to remove particulates in the air or dumping chemical wastes in the rivers.  Well, I do know why and it has everything to do with the black and white, left vs. right, attitude we have in politics today.  You're either for socialism or against it!
🍆🍆

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6451 on: November 25, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »
toxic, are you skeptical of CO2 physically acting as a "greenhouse" gas or if people produce enough of it to affect the environment.

That's a really good question.  I think the science is undeniable on the first part but I have some reservations about it's effectiveness (as reported by the IPCC), and I often wonder about the second part. I wonder why land temperatures have risen twice as fast as ocean temperatures. Wouldn't that indicate that "land use" is being vastly underreported? Studies have shown that it has a major effect on local weather patterns (re: The Himilayas). I think it would be a very terrible thing to reach around 500ppm in the atmosphere (because I believe that would put us into some unchartered area in regards to the historical record). I lean more towards a sequestration/carbon capture method (and limited mitigation) down the road.

I think we should still wait another decade before we decide on policy (at this rate, it looks like that's what is going to happen anyway). The net positive of alarmists is that they have pushed climate science to amazing heights in the past 10 years. What we know now about climate dwarfs what was known during Kyoto.

I'm still hesitant to commit to anything fully until I see what becomes of the computer modelling information that has been hacked. It could be a big story.

At this point, it's all fighting windmills (literally) anyways. Global business is on board and most intelligent people feel the net effect of this cause is a positive, so they don't seem to care if it is based on incomplete/faulty science or politics.

Most global warming deniers are Republicans/right wingers and most (rational) global warming solutions are typically spearheaded by the Democrats/left wingers.  In the black and white world of American politics, to support anti-global warming initiatives means to support socialism.  Most deniers think it is just fine to drive 100 mph off the environmental cliff and would rather wait until half of the coastal states are submerged before doing something about it (and dragging their feet every step of the way).

I'm 99.9% sure most of the global warming is man made but even if it is that 0.1%, I have no idea why people would be against renewable energies or initiatives to remove particulates in the air or dumping chemical wastes in the rivers.  Well, I do know why and it has everything to do with the black and white, left vs. right, attitude we have in politics today.  You're either for socialism or against it!

I find it strange how you rail against people that look at things in a black/white way ... and then you go and say that people who have issues with the scientific process/motivations of people surrounding climate science are against renewable energies or clean air/water? Anti-alarmism = pro-pollution?

Why can't I be a skeptic and FOR those issues (which I am)?

Brehvolution

« Reply #6452 on: November 25, 2009, 11:35:42 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it took millions of years to create coal, oil, and other things we use for fuel. It only took a hundred to put a sizable amount of it into the air. I'd rather that my grandkids pay for health care(which they too will receive) than a toxic environment AND shitty health care.
©ZH

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6453 on: November 26, 2009, 06:08:53 AM »
Well, TA, there are always exceptions to the rules but that is the general consensus on the right: that there is more than enough natural resources to last us for a while and that global warming is a conspiracy for Democrats and green minded people to control the population.  There are far right wing fringes that believe global warming is a government conspiracy theory -- completely made up for the sole purpose of a one world government where a sole governing body controls the world population to keep carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, etc. in check.  Given how the post 2008 GOP embraces these fringes...

Zero Hero: Well, unless we move towards a total organic agrarian society, we're going to be using up the world's resources, especially if for fuel.  I guess it just a matter of how quickly we want to use them up.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:10:25 AM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

ToxicAdam

« Reply #6454 on: November 29, 2009, 10:24:34 PM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6936328.ece

SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

The UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was forced to reveal the loss following requests for the data under Freedom of Information legislation.

The data were gathered from weather stations around the world and then adjusted to take account of variables in the way they were collected. The revised figures were kept, but the originals — stored on paper and magnetic tape — were dumped to save space when the CRU moved to a new building.

Well, at least we still have the revised and adjusted data to look at.  :lol

I never went past the first few levels of my science classes. When did they tell students they should throw away raw data for experiments?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6455 on: November 29, 2009, 11:08:14 PM »
I never went past the first few levels of my science classes.
:spin

ToxicAdam

« Reply #6456 on: November 30, 2009, 01:59:33 AM »
That's not nice. :(

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6457 on: November 30, 2009, 02:08:21 AM »
Anyone catch Ben Stein on CNN this weekend saying that people who call the pollution lobby, uh, the pollution lobby are liars and scoundrels because in reality, they are actually the "truth lobby"?

No joke. That's a quote.
PSP

ToxicAdam

« Reply #6458 on: November 30, 2009, 02:17:23 AM »
The truth is that the world isn't divided between the left and the right, it's divided among those that are on the take and those that are not. Good luck trying to figure out who the honest ones are on either side.

edit: They finally found the "smoking gun" email among those released. Please read:

Sent: 29 October 2009

To: The Knights Carbonic

Gentlemen, the culmination of our great plan approaches fast. What the Master called "the ordering of men's affairs by a transcendent world state, ordained by God and answerable to no man", which we now know as Communist World Government, advances towards its climax at Copenhagen. For 185 years since the Master, known to the laity as Joseph Fourier, launched his scheme for world domination, the entire physical science community has been working towards this moment.

The early phases of the plan worked magnificently. First the Master's initial thesis – that the release of infrared radiation is delayed by the atmosphere – had to be accepted by the scientific establishment. I will not bother you with details of the gold paid, the threats made and the blood spilt to achieve this end. But the result was the elimination of the naysayers and the disgrace or incarceration of the Master's rivals. Within 35 years the 3rd Warden of the Grand Temple of the Knights Carbonic (our revered prophet John Tyndall) was able to "demonstrate" the Master's thesis. Our control of physical science was by then so tight that no major objections were sustained.

More resistance was encountered (and swiftly dispatched) when we sought to install the 6th Warden (Svante Arrhenius) first as professor of physics at Stockholm University, then as rector. From this position he was able to project the Master's second grand law – that the infrared radiation trapped in a planet's atmosphere increases in line with the quantity of carbon dioxide the atmosphere contains. He and his followers (led by the Junior Warden Max Planck) were then able to adapt the entire canon of physical and chemical science to sustain the second law.

Then began the most hazardous task of all: our attempt to control the instrumental record. Securing the consent of the scientific establishment was a simple matter. But thermometers had by then become widely available, and amateur meteorologists were making their own readings. We needed to show a steady rise as industrialisation proceeded, but some of these unfortunates had other ideas. The global co-option of police and coroners required unprecedented resources, but so far we have been able to cover our tracks.

The over-enthusiasm of certain of the Knights Carbonic in 1998 was most regrettable. The high reading in that year has proved impossibly costly to sustain. Those of our enemies who have yet to be silenced maintain that the lower temperatures after that date provide evidence of global cooling, even though we have ensured that eight of the 10 warmest years since 1850 have occurred since 2001. From now on we will engineer a smoother progression.

Our co-option of the physical world has been just as successful. The thinning of the Arctic ice cap was a masterstroke. The ring of secret nuclear power stations around the Arctic circle, attached to giant immersion heaters, remains undetected, as do the space-based lasers dissolving the world's glaciers.

Altering the migratory and reproductive patterns of the world's wildlife has proved more challenging. Though we have now asserted control over the world's biologists, there is no accounting for the unauthorised observations of farmers, gardeners, birdwatchers and other troublemakers. We have therefore been forced to drive migrating birds, fish and insects into higher latitudes, and to release several million tonnes of plant pheromones every year to accelerate flowering and fruiting. None of this is cheap, and ever more public money, secretly diverted from national accounts by compliant governments, is required to sustain it.

The co-operation of these governments requires unflagging effort. The capture of George W Bush, a late convert to the cause of Communist World Government, was made possible only by the threatened release of footage filmed by a knight at Yale, showing the future president engaged in coitus with a Ford Mustang. Most ostensibly capitalist governments remain apprised of where their real interests lie, though I note with disappointment that we have so far failed to eliminate Vaclav Klaus. Through the offices of compliant states, the Master's third grand law has been established: world government will be established under the guise of controlling man-made emissions of greenhouse gases.

Keeping the scientific community in line remains a challenge. The national academies are becoming ever more querulous and greedy, and require higher pay-offs each year. The inexplicable events of the past month, in which the windows of all the leading scientific institutions were broken and a horse's head turned up in James Hansen's bed, appear to have staved off the immediate crisis, but for how much longer can we maintain the consensus? Knights Carbonic, now that the hour of our triumph is at hand, I urge you all to redouble your efforts. In the name of the Master, go forth and terrify.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:06:57 AM by ToxicAdam »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6459 on: November 30, 2009, 08:00:58 AM »
The media's fixation on these idiot party crashers is starting to make me crazy, especially the whole "omg they got within an arm's length of the POTUS what could have haaaaaapened" meme.  Hey idiots- even though they got in, they STILL had to go through all of the security.  Some idiot just thought they were on the list when they weren't.  It's not like they could have brought a gun in with them.  Fucking media, I swear.
yar

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #6460 on: November 30, 2009, 08:05:02 AM »
wtc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6461 on: November 30, 2009, 10:19:12 AM »
 :lol
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
If your epistemology is broken, I can lend you mine
« Reply #6462 on: November 30, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
The truth is that the world isn't divided between the left and the right, it's divided among those that are on the take and those that are not. Good luck trying to figure out who the honest ones are on either side.

Spoiler alert.

The media's fixation on these idiot party crashers is starting to make me crazy, especially the whole "omg they got within an arm's length of the POTUS what could have haaaaaapened" meme.  Hey idiots- even though they got in, they STILL had to go through all of the security.  Some idiot just thought they were on the list when they weren't.  It's not like they could have brought a gun in with them.  Fucking media, I swear.

Kind of weird how this has been a much bigger story than the loose nukes incident we had a couple years ago.  Did they ever figure out what happened there?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6463 on: November 30, 2009, 12:38:23 PM »
They could have killed the President! WHAT IF IT WAS OSAMA BIN LADEN?!
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6464 on: November 30, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »
They could have killed the President! WHAT IF IT WAS OSAMA BIN LADEN?!

If it were OBL, he would have been on the guest list so Obama could pal around with some terrorists.

:smug

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6465 on: November 30, 2009, 03:31:58 PM »
GOP chances of taking the white house just took a massive blow.

Huck :(

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6466 on: November 30, 2009, 03:48:43 PM »
huckabee never had a chance.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6467 on: November 30, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »
damning coming from you

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #6468 on: November 30, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »
pd and foc arguing over predictions :lol

It's like Waldorf and Statler arguing over who's gonna nail Jessica Biel first.
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6469 on: November 30, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »
I'm sure glad you fuckers are posting links as to why Huckabee is done...for now.

I saw some of the Willie Horton ads Bush put out.  Democrats should do that to the Republicans.  Fuck fighting fair.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6470 on: November 30, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »
Nah, republicans would do it to him. Romney grilled him pretty hard on this, last year in Iowa. It would be even more potent now

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6471 on: November 30, 2009, 06:19:48 PM »
Don Limbaugh will know what to do

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #6472 on: November 30, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »
If anything, this just solidifies the maniac bloc for Palin.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6473 on: November 30, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »
MIKE HUCKABEE LETS MURDERERS LOOSE ON THE STREETS
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6474 on: November 30, 2009, 07:43:05 PM »
Not sure why anyone thinks palin has a chance. She didnt even finish one term.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Neither did Obama.

[close]

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6475 on: November 30, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »
He served for three terms in the Illinois state senate, which is a lot more impressive than Mayor of Wasilla.
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #6476 on: November 30, 2009, 07:47:33 PM »
I took a dump all by myself this morning which also makes me more impressive than Palin .

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6477 on: November 30, 2009, 08:04:36 PM »
Not sure why anyone thinks palin has a chance. She didnt even finish one term.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Neither did Obama.

[close]

You'd be surprised.  A year and a half ago there were people who thought Ron Paul had a legit shot at the nomination.

I know, right?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #6478 on: November 30, 2009, 08:05:25 PM »
Zing! :lol
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6479 on: December 01, 2009, 01:12:54 PM »
In an interview with the Politico, former Vice President Dick Cheney attacked President Obama over Afghanistan -- and also insisted that the Bush administration is not responsible for the situation in that country:

But Cheney rejected any suggestion that Obama had to decide on a new strategy for Afghanistan because the one employed by the previous administration failed.

Cheney was asked if he thinks the Bush administration bears any responsibility for the disintegration of Afghanistan because of the attention and resources that were diverted to Iraq. "I basically don't," he replied without elaborating.

As Spencer Ackerman points out, Cheney's statement comes right on the heels of a Senate report saying that the United States missed an opportunity to capture Osama bin Laden in December 2001, in Tora Bora. And even without that relevant piece of news, the fact remains that the Bush Administration handed off the Afghanistan situation to Obama in the eighth year of the conflict.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/12/cheney-i-basically-dont-think-bush-administration-responsible-for-afghanistan-problems.php?ref=mp

And yet people still think he (and his fucktard daughter) is a legitimate bastion of foreign policy knowledge/advice