Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 465067 times)

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1140 on: September 18, 2008, 02:40:47 PM »
Dude, you can't be like "That's not a valid argument, see?" then get called on it and get all "Sure it's a valid argument.  What I'm saying is that it will be politically ineffective!"

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1141 on: September 18, 2008, 02:41:39 PM »
Do you think it's a mistake for the republicans to be focusing on her as well?

My feeling are that Democrats focusing on her instead of McCain helps McCain as she distracts Democrats from McCain. (Maybe thats why he picked her?)

Republicans? I'd say no right now, but yes later on. No because with Republicans focusing things on her they look to be progressive to people right now. Might not be fair, but its the way it has been going so far.  Later on, continued focus on her will hurt them because people will want to see McCain's stand on things, not just hear about Palin.
XDF

Ganhyun

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1142 on: September 18, 2008, 02:45:16 PM »
Dude, you can't be like "That's not a valid argument, see?" then get called on it and get all "Sure it's a valid argument.  What I'm saying is that it will be politically ineffective!"

Umm, all I've said since I started asking about this was that it was a mistake/inneffective thing to do?

XDF

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1143 on: September 18, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »
She is the VP pick. And unless something bad happens to McCain if he wins the election (notice I said if there), she won't be President.

Okay, champ.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1144 on: September 18, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »
So you can basically choose anyone for vp.

Instead of picking someone with a distinguished mentally-challenged baby, they should have gone whole hog and picked an actual distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1145 on: September 18, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »
Plus he'd be razzing all the rich fuddy-duddies at state funerals with his crude attitude.

I am fully on board for this!

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1146 on: September 18, 2008, 02:54:44 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13096.html

John McCain is 72 years old, and spent five of those being tortured. He has a history with cancer. Everyone hopes that if elected, he'd stay healthy and serve out his term or terms. But the reality is that he's not a particularly healthy man and instead of putting "country first" by choosing a VP eligible of taking over, he decided to make a political decision and choose someone who can't help him govern or run the country

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1147 on: September 18, 2008, 03:05:23 PM »
McCain had a huge old-guy moment in an interview with some Spanish-language media apparently.  He was asked about Spanish PM Zapatero and apparently didn't know who that was, so he gave a generic answer about supporting our allies and standing up to our enemies in Latin America.

Josh Marshall
has been all over this.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1149 on: September 18, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
McCain had a huge old-guy moment in an interview with some Spanish-language media apparently.  He was asked about Spanish PM Zapatero and apparently didn't know who that was, so he gave a generic answer about supporting our allies and standing up to our enemies in Latin America.

Josh Marshall
has been all over this.

The U.S. Ambassador to Spain has told the Spanish press that John McCain was "prudent" not to commit to a meeting with the prime minister of Spain.

McCain had, in an April interview, appeared to commit to a meeting with Prime Minister Zapatero; yesterday, he didn't directly answer a series of questions about it.

Ambassador Eduardo Aguirre, who was referring to the more recent remarks, said at a press conference that McCain "had been prudent" to avoid questions about a White House meeting with Zapatero, the news agency EFE reported.

Aguirre said that McCain was prudent to avoid making plans before being elected president.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

so he wasn't prudent when talking about leaders he would meet with?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1150 on: September 18, 2008, 03:18:01 PM »
Too bad he wasn't prudent about the Georgian conflict.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1151 on: September 18, 2008, 03:20:34 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13573.html

when not creating committees to study the problems he's gonna fire people. what a badass

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1152 on: September 18, 2008, 03:21:06 PM »
The damage control on this is funny because the material they're working with gives them no room for a coherent explanation.  They should just cop to the mistake and move on.

"Look, John didn't recognize Zapatero's name or associate it with Spain.  So what?  Nobody's cared about Spain except for two weeks in early 2004 when the Madrid bombing and elections gave us an excuse to scream about 'appeasement' before moving on.

So yeah, he screwed up.  But it's not like Spain is an important ally or a threat to anyone, and no matter how many of those red phone commercials we might run in the future, everyone knows the presidency isn't about making snap decisions without being briefed, right?"

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1153 on: September 18, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
Yeah, their excuses are often worse than the probable truth.  Like Palin now claiming Monegan was fired for "going rogue" and wanting to use too much in state funds to fight sexual assault and child predators.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1154 on: September 18, 2008, 03:24:15 PM »
Yeah, their excuses are often worse than the probable truth.  Like Palin now claiming Monegan was fired for "going rogue" and wanting to use too much in state funds to fight sexual assault and child predators.

HE TRIED TO KILL MY DAD

sounding more and more like bush everyday

Ganhyun

XDF

Ganhyun

« Reply #1156 on: September 18, 2008, 04:09:10 PM »
She is the VP pick. And unless something bad happens to McCain if he wins the election (notice I said if there), she won't be President.

Okay, champ.

so where in that sentence does it say that I said the argument is invalid?  I further explained that statement later on to help you guys understand what I meant. But ok. You've got to get it over on me. so ok. I guess you "win". lol.

XDF

Ganhyun

« Reply #1157 on: September 18, 2008, 04:13:54 PM »
OMG, whats this? Is it.. McCain warning us about a possible housing Market issue?

Edit: In 2005.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/record.xpd?id=109-s20060525-16&bill=s109-190

wow, look at that. He even co-sponsored a Bill for reform.

Hmm.. Looking at the bill's history, it never made it out of the Democratically controlled committee.

I blame the committee for this failure. The Republicans in the committee too.

Committee list:

http://banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Information.Membership
XDF

Beardo

« Reply #1158 on: September 18, 2008, 04:24:25 PM »
:shh facts have no place in evilbore politic threads.

You just dont know how evil maccain is. He's EVIIIIIIIIIL

« Reply #1159 on: September 18, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »
OMG, whats this? Is it.. McCain warning us about a possible housing Market issue?

Hmm.. Looking at the bill's history, it never made it out of the Democratically controlled committee.

Committee list:

+1

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:39:38 PM by hyp »
pyh

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1161 on: September 18, 2008, 04:38:40 PM »
link that dude

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1163 on: September 18, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »

Committee list:

Looking at that bill, it looks like you're once again committing McCain's cardinal sin- choosing "reform" over "regulation".  Looks like the bill would eliminate the regulatory apparatus that was already in place in favor of an independent oversight agency, probably staffed by Phil Fucking Gramm.  "Gosh darn it, this here issue is real complicated.  Let's take the sword to the Gordian knot on this one!" 

Sorry, McLame's 20+ year record against regulation is pretty well established.
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1164 on: September 18, 2008, 05:04:43 PM »
:shh facts have no place in evilbore politic threads.

You just dont know how evil maccain is. He's EVIIIIIIIIIL

smh
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1165 on: September 18, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »
This is so vile, I really almost feel like I should be putting it in a link in a spoiler.

yar

Beardo

« Reply #1166 on: September 18, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »
WTF I like Pat Buchanan. SMH!!

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #1167 on: September 18, 2008, 05:21:36 PM »

Committee list:

You are aware that the GOP controlled that committee in 2005, right? They could have brough that bill to the floor if they wanted to.
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1168 on: September 18, 2008, 05:22:02 PM »
WTF I like Pat Buchanan. SMH!!

Somehow I doubt you're an old, confused Jew in Florida.
yar

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1169 on: September 18, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »

Obama's dangerous views on oxygen have just been endorsed by Charles Manson.

Concerned? You should be.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1170 on: September 18, 2008, 05:35:58 PM »

Obama's dangerous views on oxygen have just been endorsed by Charles Manson.

Concerned? You should be.

Check this.

John McCain sings "Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" to the tune of the Beach Boys "Barbara Anne".

Charles Manson used to hang out with some of the Beach Boys.

Thus, BY THE TRANSITIVE POWER OF BULLSHIT,

JOHN MCCAIN IS CHARLES MANSON!
yar

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #1171 on: September 18, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
I want to go back and get higher math degree so I can more deeply explain the topologies of the transitive power of bullshit. I think exploring a discussion on the operations and properties that can be allowed on 'bullshit' would make the best master's thesis ever.
hex

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1172 on: September 18, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
I want to go back and get higher math degree so I can more deeply explain the topologies of the transitive power of bullshit. I think exploring a discussion on the operations and properties that can be allowed on 'bullshit' would make the best master's thesis ever.

Robert Anton Wilson had a pretty humorous essay written from the perspective of a person thousands of years in the future discovering 80's era politics at the beginning of his book/screenplay Reality Is What You Can Get Away With.  He called the predominant polispeak of the era "High Bullshit", claimed that it was the art of saying that which is not so, and said Reagan was a master of it.  He also said there was an offshoot called "Middle High Horseshit" that Poppy Bush mastered, which was the art of saying nothing.  I miss Robert Anton Wilson.
yar

« Reply #1173 on: September 18, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »
I support this new direction for the space-time continuum.  2005 should come after 2006, etc.  I got better birthday presents as a kid.

« Reply #1174 on: September 18, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »
I hope Biden gives Palin a hug after the VP debate, maybe tells her it's ok she can at least rely on those oil checks and federal welfare.  Maybe slip her some 'ol codge tongue as well.

I'm sure we'll hear enough head-of-state name-dropping from her to make the old testament look like some unpopular kid's high school yearbook.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #1175 on: September 18, 2008, 09:17:01 PM »

that's already been covered
QED

siamesedreamer

« Reply #1176 on: September 18, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »
I think I've officially lost it...  :dur

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1177 on: September 18, 2008, 10:27:45 PM »
I think I've officially lost it...  :dur

YOU'RE IN LOVE!!!

So, how many Senate seats do you think the Dems will win?  I think it will be more than six but less than the ten they want.
yar

MrAngryFace

o_0

drohne

« Reply #1179 on: September 19, 2008, 01:09:22 AM »
The odds of McCain being incapacitated early in his term might be low...

on npr the other day i heard noted statistician matt damon say that 'if you do the actuarial tables, john mccain has a 1 in 3 chance of dying during his presidential term.' or something to that effect. how do you like them apples

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1180 on: September 19, 2008, 01:15:57 AM »
I actually thought Matt Damon would be smart enough to realize that prettyboy Hollywood stars telling people how to vote backfires, but no.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1181 on: September 19, 2008, 01:16:29 AM »
boboobob he played poor student in a movie once!
o_0

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #1182 on: September 19, 2008, 01:39:13 AM »
I always think hollywood stars make the mistake of coming out against the Republican in addition to coming out in favor of the Democrat. If Matt Damon said, "I like Barack Obama," it'd be neat. Instead he's like "sarah palin is a stupid bitch" and that's just asking for it.
haw

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1183 on: September 19, 2008, 01:43:10 AM »
Eh, let them do it.  This is Matt Damon, I respect him a whole shitload more than any other actors out there.

If Paris Hilton came out in support for Obama, then I'd get annoyed  :-\
püp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1184 on: September 19, 2008, 01:53:22 AM »
I'd like to see Damon have a mental breakdown and start recording pro-Obama ads as characters he's played in movies and now believes he is.

"I grew up in a broken home in a poor neighborhood in South Boston.  Even though I had the ability, I wasn't able to afford college and had to take work as a janitor.  Under Barack Obama, I'd be able to earn a scholarship and attend a top school by pledging three years of service to our country.  That's change you can believe in."

"I support Barack Obama for many reasons.  As a small business owner I like that he will help control spiraling health costs, while using tax credits to make sure my employees have the coverage they deserve.  As a disabled American, along with my conjoined brother Greg Kinnear, I know I can count on his pledges to fully fund the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and swiftly implement Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act."

"As a veteran, some people are surprised I support Barack Obama.  But it is because I have seen firsthand the mistakes of the last eight years that I know we need change.  We need to repair damaged relations with our allies while engaging in direct, tough negotiations with our enemies.  We need to stop spending ten billion dollars a month in a war that never should have been started.  And most of all, we need to stop brainwashing recruits in a misguided attempt to create the ultimate killing tools, only to have them go rogue and drop off the grid, foiling our every attempt at recapturing them."

Tristam

« Reply #1185 on: September 19, 2008, 01:57:44 AM »
Eh, let them do it.  This is Matt Damon, I respect him a whole shitload more than any other actors out there.

Hollywood celebs endorsing the Democratic candidate (as they usually do) often hurts more than it helps -- in this case it's especially bad since Obama is already labeled an elitist.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1186 on: September 19, 2008, 02:04:09 AM »
HOLLYWEIRD AKA HYMIEWOOD AM I RITE
duc

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1187 on: September 19, 2008, 02:13:56 AM »
I happen to think that heartland/Southern backlash against coastal cultural elites is mostly bullshit, grounded in bigotry and fear of change, and the leaders that stoke it are complete assholes who are using wedges to protect and bolster the actual power elites.

But everyone knows there's backlash to outspoken liberal celebrities and it's not like Damon's providing anything that's missing.  He's not standing up for an unpopular minority group or highlighting a low-profile issue.

Not that this will turn the election or anything, but every bit helps and in this case that means Matt Damon SingTFU.

Tristam

« Reply #1188 on: September 19, 2008, 02:23:27 AM »
I happen to think that heartland/Southern backlash against coastal cultural elites is mostly bullshit, grounded in bigotry and fear of change, and the leaders that stoke it are complete assholes who are using wedges to protect and bolster the actual power elites.

But everyone knows there's backlash to outspoken liberal celebrities and it's not like Damon's providing anything that's missing.  He's not standing up for an unpopular minority group or highlighting a low-profile issue.

Not that this will turn the election or anything, but every bit helps and in this case that means Matt Damon SingTFU.

Oh God, it's Bill Donohue:

"Hollywood likes anal sex."

:tauntaun

huckleberry

« Reply #1189 on: September 19, 2008, 09:23:44 AM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Chris seems to have grown a pair of balls in interviewing Repubs.
wub

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #1190 on: September 19, 2008, 09:40:20 AM »
Jesus Christ. Every discussion board I visit, I see people debating the merits of nationalized health care vs. a free market system. As always, the price argument comes up. And yet no one ever brings up the fact that the care itself is priced at least 200-300% above the level it should be at.

(directed at no one on this particular forum) IF HOSPITALS COULDN'T CHARGE $50 FOR AN ASPIRIN AND DOCTORS COULDN'T BILL THEIR TIME AT $500/HR, AND AN X-RAY WHICH IS BASICALLY TURNING ON A MACHINE FOR A FEW SECONDS AND HAVING A SPECIALIST EXAMINE A CHART FOR FIVE MINUTES COULDN'T BE BILLED AT $1000+, IT WOULDN'T COST $20,000 A YEAR TO PRIVATELY INSURE A FAMILY OF THREE, YOU IDIOT FUCKS!

/rant.

Forcibly driving down costs needs to be the FIRST thing that happens.

Point B, if the gibberment has 80 billion bucks laying aroudn to bail out any compnay dumb enough to recklessly engage the market, they have the dough to cough up some fuckin' healthcare.
wha

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1191 on: September 19, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
Jesus Christ. Every discussion board I visit, I see people debating the merits of nationalized health care vs. a free market system. As always, the price argument comes up. And yet no one ever brings up the fact that the care itself is priced at least 200-300% above the level it should be at.

(directed at no one on this particular forum) IF HOSPITALS COULDN'T CHARGE $50 FOR AN ASPIRIN AND DOCTORS COULDN'T BILL THEIR TIME AT $500/HR, AND AN X-RAY WHICH IS BASICALLY TURNING ON A MACHINE FOR A FEW SECONDS AND HAVING A SPECIALIST EXAMINE A CHART FOR FIVE MINUTES COULDN'T BE BILLED AT $1000+, IT WOULDN'T COST $20,000 A YEAR TO PRIVATELY INSURE A FAMILY OF THREE, YOU IDIOT FUCKS!

/rant.

Forcibly driving down costs needs to be the FIRST thing that happens.

Point B, if the gibberment has 80 billion bucks laying aroudn to bail out any compnay dumb enough to recklessly engage the market, they have the dough to cough up some fuckin' healthcare.

They don't though.  All that bailout money probably has to come from more borrowing.
🍆🍆

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1192 on: September 19, 2008, 09:51:16 AM »

Hahaha, you saw this right?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,423865,00.html
^_^

Ganhyun

« Reply #1193 on: September 19, 2008, 12:01:20 PM »

lol, I think they missed it earlier in this thread too.

http://foxnews.proteus.com/content.html?contentId=9962

:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Imagine the internet backlash of her supporting him if he had accepted. (Can't she still advertise her support for him anyway?)
XDF

Ganhyun

« Reply #1194 on: September 19, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »
Somewhat slow news day. Heres some news for the group.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/18/navarrette.obama.ad/index.html
XDF

« Reply #1195 on: September 19, 2008, 12:04:05 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
+1

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1196 on: September 19, 2008, 12:12:55 PM »
lindsay lohan is now pressin' pelt with dj samantha ronson? forget the presidential campaign, GO GO HOLLYWOOD SEX GOSSIP!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:15:40 PM by Professor Prole »
duc

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1197 on: September 19, 2008, 12:15:57 PM »

The mind boggles.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1198 on: September 19, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »
yeah, i think i'd rather bang whats-his-ass fez from that 70s show than samantha ronson, were i forced to choose
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1199 on: September 19, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »
Wilmer Valderrama gets so much ass. :'(

Even Prole's. :'(
PSP