Author Topic: A Wii sob story  (Read 623 times)

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
A Wii sob story
« on: February 15, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »
I've been holding off on this story because I was pretty embarassed about the whole evening, but now it's funny, so let's go:

2 weeks ago I was getting ready to take a trip to Illinois. Between the coming and the going and the busses and planes I'd have some 16 hours downtime to kill. I figured I'd swing by Nintendo World and snag some DS games. While I'm there, a shipment of Wii's arrive. I mean like 60 of them. Everyone is buying one. People who came in for shits and giggles are snapping them up. It's a feeding frenzy. I approach the counter with my 2 DS games and the cashier catches me eyeing up the stack, "Do you want one?". I mean. I'm moving. I'm selling my 360 and my TV and. It's my birthday, I'm going out tonight and I'll be gone for a week so, "No, no I'm trying to save money".And so I passed up a Wii.

I go to the bar that night. What happens next is a blur. There is a LOT of drinking. Somewhere along the way I meet up with a bunch of drug dealers who have funny names. There's a lot of shit being snorted and sold, it's crazy. They're selling to a bunch of hipster white kids, so I'm supposed to be the white guy liason. And it runs like this for awhile.

I wake up the next morning with the hangover to end all hangovers. I don't have my phone. I give it a ring and the greeting is, "Yo, this is crazy numbaz."

So, long story short, it costs me 170 bucks to get the cheapest phone Verizon offers, plus 80 dollars that just dissapeared somewhere. Do the math and, well, I should have just gotten the Wii.
wha

Robo

Re: A Wii sob story
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:34:36 PM »
Buying a Wii doesn't make you less stupid, so I really don't see the correlation between you being a chump and buying a-- ...Oooooooohhhh.
obo

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 02:58:44 PM »
If I had bought consoles instead of all the times I got wasted I would have 20 PS2s by now.

I wouldnt worry about it bro. Youll have another chance to get a Wii in the next few years.

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 03:14:56 PM »
It was an expensive and valuable lesson.
wha