Author Topic: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo  (Read 612887 times)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Re: Wank Dad 2: Electric Wankaloo
« Reply #4200 on: April 28, 2020, 11:38:25 AM »
Down by the river? If not, #fail

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4201 on: April 28, 2020, 11:40:28 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
That's a Dave Ruben quote yeah? I dont see what's wrong with it breh  :doge

you think ben shapiro - let me reiterate, BEN FUCKING SHAPIRO - has no problem with lgbt people getting civil rights?

Presumably Shapiro is OK with it. But he's not OK in government "intervening" in marriage and "subdiziding" it. Which basically hollows civil marriage altogether, I'd assume ? Oh and that baker doesn't have to service you. He also thinks you're a sinner. Plus he won't come to your gay wedding (edit : Anniversary party in the exact quote... Same difference) even if you extend an invitation despite working for him and him pretending to have a cordial work relationship with you. He's OK with it to the extent he won't go out of his way to stone you.

I thought it was the same clip but apparently not  :goty2

Also he will never get AIDS. Barring a transfusion  :brain .
He and his wife were virgins when they married, so they're covered you see.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:25:45 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4202 on: April 28, 2020, 12:03:54 PM »
There's also another clip where Ben, being prodded further on that invitation to an anniversary party goes : "Just make a barbecue, does everything always have to be...".
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4203 on: April 28, 2020, 12:05:26 PM »

you think ben shapiro - let me reiterate, BEN FUCKING SHAPIRO - has no problem with lgbt people getting civil rights?
my man, his position on this is clear as as snail guts, he thinks you're the devil but he won't stop you and doesn't want government involved. There's a lot of things to go after him for, the fact that he thinks you're the devil is one, but trying to block your rights isn't one.

Oblivion

« Reply #4204 on: April 28, 2020, 12:30:33 PM »

Presumably Shapiro is OK with it. But he's not OK in government "intervening" in marriage and "subdiziding" it. Which basically hollows civil marriage altogether, I'd assume ? Oh and that baker doesn't have to service you. He also thinks you're a sinner. Plus he won't come to your gay wedding (edit : Anniversary party in the exact quote... Same difference) even if you extend an invitation despite working for him and him pretending to have a cordial work relationship with you. He's OK with it to the extent he won't go out of his way to stone you.

him being okay with gay people as long as the government isn't involved is kind of an important detail, isn't it?

my man, his position on this is clear as as snail guts, he thinks you're the devil but he won't stop you and doesn't want government involved. There's a lot of things to go after him for, the fact that he thinks you're the devil is one, but trying to block your rights isn't one.

when gay marriage was legalized, shapiro went fucking ballistic, writing a 15k word screed demonstrating just how much he 'didn't care' that the gays were allowed to get married now.

you may as well argue shapiro is perfectly fine with abortion while you're at it.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4205 on: April 28, 2020, 12:35:41 PM »
My man I didn't say he doesn't care, he obviously does, I'm saying he's not out there campaigning for laws to stop gay marriage.

What was your problem with the quote anyway, that Shapiro is a liar and a fraud? (I'll back you on that) or do you have an issue even if everything said in the quote is true? you're on your own there as in general that's how I wish people handled differences.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4207 on: April 28, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »

him being okay with gay people as long as the government isn't involved is kind of an important detail, isn't it?

I thought it was pretty clear that "presumably OK... [lists of caveats] won't go out of his way to stone you" mean I don't put much stock to how far that tolerance goes. To be fair he's pretty straightforward about it, it's more Rubin that have trouble processing being told the bare faced truth to his face. Shaps won't even attend a marriage between people of differents faiths.

It depends on how convinced one is that in a libertarian fantasy you won't get fucked out of rights even without public backing.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4208 on: April 28, 2020, 12:41:23 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4209 on: April 28, 2020, 12:46:49 PM »

I thought it was pretty clear that "presumably OK... [lists of caveats] won't go out of his way to stone you" mean I don't put much stock to how far that tolerance goes. To be fair he's pretty straightforward about it, it's more Rubin that have trouble processing being told the bare faced truth to his face. Shaps won't even attend a marriage between people of differents faiths.

It depends on how convinced one is that in a libertarian fantasy you won't get fucked out of rights even without public backing.
if laws weren't backed by government violence we'd all be fucked lmao

Oblivion

« Reply #4210 on: April 28, 2020, 12:51:13 PM »
My man I didn't say he doesn't care, he obviously does, I'm saying he's not out there campaigning for laws to stop gay marriage.

What was your problem with the quote anyway, that Shapiro is a liar and a fraud? (I'll back you on that) or do you have an issue even if everything said in the quote is true? you're on your own there as in general that's how I wish people handled differences.

i'm saying up until the supreme court ruling, ben was doing absolutely everything in his power to make sure gay people were not able to have the right to get married. in one of those mysterious coincidences in life, his position suddenly "evolved" around the exact same time the ruling was passed. do you think ben stopped talking about his opposition to legalized gay marriage because he suddenly became more tolerant?

imagine someone was about to rob a bank, but at the last minute they forgo that plan because they suddenly realized the bank hired like 10 armed security guards. then that same would be robber goes "you know, i never really cared about robbing that bank anyway!"

I thought it was pretty clear that "presumably OK... [lists of caveats] won't go out of his way to stone you" mean I don't put much stock to how far that tolerance goes.

sorry, figured that's what you meant, but i wanted to mention it just to be sure.

To be fair he's pretty straightforward about it, it's more Rubin that have trouble processing being told the bare faced truth to his face. Shaps won't even attend a marriage between people of differents faiths.

i disagree with that, actually. i mean, he's straightforward when discussing it on the religious front, but he's a slippery little toad when it comes to the legal area. before the SC decision, he advocated that gay marriages should not be recognized by the government (straight marriages are just fine however). after the  decision, suddenly his issue wasn't that gay marriages were getting recognized by the government, but that government was involved in marriage to begin with. an issue that again, for one of life's mysterious reasons, was never a concern that he ever brought up before the ruling. :thinking
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:20:01 PM by Oblivion »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #4211 on: April 28, 2020, 12:53:35 PM »
like alex jones said, lets pray for ben shapiro to find christ

:tocry
(ice)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4212 on: April 28, 2020, 12:56:53 PM »
like alex jones said, lets pray for ben shapiro to find christ

:tocry
So he can crucify him a second time?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4213 on: April 28, 2020, 01:08:37 PM »
So you're saying Shapiro is a liar, all good fam  :ohyeah

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4214 on: April 28, 2020, 01:14:43 PM »
Quote from: Oblivion
i disagree with that, actually. i mean, he's straightforward when discussing it on the religious front, but he's a slippery little toad when it comes ot the legal area.

I take your word for it, I meant more as far as the clips are concerned. In those he doesn't really clarify and goes back to "I'm a libertarian" which means "I think shops should be allowed to not service you because you're gay but somehow free market will provide" (emphasized by the "there was another bakery across the street"). Since I don't think we'll ever see in our lifetime a libertarian space on a large scale emerge, we'll never be able to test this miraculous equilibrium. Like you I think it's a croak of shit and a deflection but in theory it seems that the cover provided is good enough for him.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4215 on: April 28, 2020, 01:22:07 PM »
Though yeah he's a little bit chickenshit when he says he would go to dinner with Rubin and his partner, or accept an invitation, as long as they water down the whole "gay" thing down below the level of in-your-face, celebration & activism it invariably turns into according to Mini-Ben.
ὕβρις

Tripon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4217 on: April 28, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »
what's ben's view on having a BBC bull for his wife?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4218 on: April 28, 2020, 04:39:50 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4219 on: April 28, 2020, 05:28:23 PM »
hahahahaha

shapiro retconning years of columns encouraging the government to maintain a legal double standard, and rubin and momo rushing to fall for it and pat themselves on the back for openmindedness

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4220 on: April 28, 2020, 05:32:43 PM »
what's ben's view on having a BBC bull for his wife?

AIDS is a behaviourally driven disease. :expert
ὕβρις

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4221 on: April 28, 2020, 05:41:13 PM »
https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2004/10/06/to-president-bush-get-tough;-talk-gay-marriage-n1145416

Someone should tell Ben Shapiro about this Ben Shapiro column in which Ben Shapiro wants a goddam constitutional amendment to keep gay marriage illegal.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4223 on: April 28, 2020, 05:56:23 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4224 on: April 28, 2020, 06:24:17 PM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:40:49 AM by Momo »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4225 on: April 28, 2020, 06:29:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1255133190206787584

:rofl
have you seen that weird hour long video with the press and two doctors trying to say the economy should be reopened? There's this unintentionally hilarious moment where one doctor is like our services are cheap only $200 give money please :dead

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4226 on: April 28, 2020, 06:39:22 PM »

Couldn't find the original apparently youtube deleted it, it's in there somewhere between being mad about a bistro being closed :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4227 on: April 28, 2020, 06:54:46 PM »

:dead
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4228 on: April 28, 2020, 07:30:54 PM »

I agree, it's good to have a wide variety of friends. Friends who feel you'll burn for eternity and have a sinful soul doomed for damnation can really bring up an oft-neglected side to an issue.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4229 on: April 28, 2020, 08:32:39 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4230 on: April 28, 2020, 08:34:19 PM »
Chairman Daou has spoken.

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1255284698860924928

Didn't all this stuff happen before he was stanning Hilldawg? :thinking
©@©™

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4231 on: April 28, 2020, 08:37:01 PM »
Zeal of the convert etc.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4232 on: April 29, 2020, 01:37:11 AM »

I agree, it's good to have a wide variety of friends. Friends who feel you'll burn for eternity and have a sinful soul doomed for damnation can really bring up an oft-neglected side to an issue.
It's like being friends with people of rival football teams. You misunderstand I dont believe they are friends, they at best appear to be generally political allies. The stated way of dealing with fundamental disagreement, even if faux is something I wish more people would adopt.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #4233 on: April 29, 2020, 01:51:48 AM »
I mean certain opinions aren't deserving of being respected or tolerated as a minor character flaw.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4235 on: April 29, 2020, 01:57:02 AM »
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1255133190206787584

His gofundme is so sad, only 15k since January.

He already fleeced his supporters over a year ago of 15k$ to move to Washington D.C. where all the politics are. Then he used that money to go live in Florida.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4236 on: April 29, 2020, 02:14:24 AM »
I mean certain opinions aren't deserving of being respected or tolerated as a minor character flaw.
Ben Shapiro has more than just minor character flaws. I think where we're at now if religious people can stop using religion as a reason to infringe upon other's rights that's great. Theism isnt going away anytime soon and if I have to live with people who hold these views that's my minimum requirement.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #4237 on: April 29, 2020, 02:30:10 AM »
I get that. Im just not exactly going to pat them on the back and say "well at least you aren't infringing on rights".

I have a relative who is pretty Shapiro-esque and they aren't even religious. Just a ball of hate for one reason or another (race issues, LGBT issues, hatred against Muslims) . Yeah I deal with them at family outings and such. And hey I even know that they love me as a family relative. That's nice and all. People are complex. Still, I personally don't hold a very high opinion of that person. I know their good and bad aspects. I hope they mellow out. It seems they are veering into the other direction sadly as they age. Sucks. I'm always open to them improving, but as for where they are now they aren't exactly a person I have much respect for.

So that's where I'm at on that topic of tolerating intolerance

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4238 on: April 29, 2020, 02:51:58 AM »
We're about 99% similar there, 1% difference is I get the impression you'd continue to engage with people holding shitty opinions when they pass the minimum threshold I mentioned? For me i'll just never bring up the topic again if it's someone I have to deal with, unless they slide back into trying to stop people having a life, which admittedly is easy with the state of our churches. If they become better people somewhere in the future cool, otherwise not going to waste time on them.

My favorite cousin got married late last year I really, really adore her, however the church they got married at had a sermon before the ceremony and I was like okay I'll deal with this for my cousin. The priest then went on a tirade about how in the eyes of God marriage is for a man and a woman and not a man and a man. I looked at my brother and we both walked outside during this tirade, he had a smoke and I took a bunch of pictures of the church, geotagged and put it up on my Instagram with gay flags and tagged the church's insta (when did this become a thing). Fuck those losers.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #4239 on: April 29, 2020, 03:05:22 AM »
In the case of the family relative, if they weren't family and just some stranger at a pub who had the same exact views, I'd never share a beer with them or try to befriend them.

I don't engage with the family member when they bring up their bigoted thoughts. Usually others in the family are there to lend a listening ear. I'm just hearing and absorbing it with an uneasy feeling in my stomache. And if somehow I'm asked to engage in said topic I try to defuse things and play it off so we get off the bigotry train and move on to something else.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4240 on: April 29, 2020, 03:17:13 AM »
Pretty much, for the record my cousin isnt that kind of person, she wanted a church wedding and her family chose the church we talked about it afterwards and she was mortified it happened.

On to other news, i forgot to follow this motherfucker was supposed to put up a video

:dead

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4241 on: April 29, 2020, 04:05:58 AM »
We're about 99% similar there, 1% difference is I get the impression you'd continue to engage with people holding shitty opinions when they pass the minimum threshold I mentioned? For me i'll just never bring up the topic again if it's someone I have to deal with, unless they slide back into trying to stop people having a life, which admittedly is easy with the state of our churches. If they become better people somewhere in the future cool, otherwise not going to waste time on them.

My favorite cousin got married late last year I really, really adore her, however the church they got married at had a sermon before the ceremony and I was like okay I'll deal with this for my cousin. The priest then went on a tirade about how in the eyes of God marriage is for a man and a woman and not a man and a man. I looked at my brother and we both walked outside during this tirade, he had a smoke and I took a bunch of pictures of the church, geotagged and put it up on my Instagram with gay flags and tagged the church's insta (when did this become a thing). Fuck those losers.
:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow2 :bow2 :bow2 :bow2 :bow2 :bow2

Tripon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4244 on: April 29, 2020, 02:39:27 PM »
Even free, I'd not take it. 

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #4245 on: April 29, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
Your loss. Canada could benefit from the perfect all year long weather in Hawaii.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4246 on: April 29, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »
0C+-5 year-round would be my preferred weather. 

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4247 on: April 29, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »
Your loss. Canada could benefit from the perfect all year long weather in Hawaii.

no one wants to take custody of 330 million am*ricans

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4248 on: April 29, 2020, 03:04:39 PM »

no one wants to take custody of 330 million am*ricans

I thought you were censoring a puerto rican slur for a second.
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #4249 on: April 29, 2020, 03:14:06 PM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #4250 on: April 29, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4251 on: April 29, 2020, 03:17:28 PM »
Remember when people thought Elon Musk was going to fix all the world's problems? :neogaf
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4252 on: April 29, 2020, 03:18:04 PM »
"open the country" yells the billionaire who has to report to shareholders that he isn't making money today. probably a coincidence on the timing.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #4253 on: April 29, 2020, 03:18:30 PM »
I mean if he does create Cat Girls I will give him mad praise.

Tripon

« Reply #4254 on: April 29, 2020, 03:28:06 PM »
I'd settle for him to call some rando a pedo and claim his stock is selling for $420 again.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4255 on: April 29, 2020, 04:01:24 PM »
I hope the pedo settled for a ticket to be first on Mars. Win-win

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4256 on: April 29, 2020, 04:10:34 PM »
ὕβρις

Tripon