Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1082845 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Money-printer goes BRRRR
« Reply #4680 on: March 30, 2020, 01:56:17 PM »
thank you mods :bow
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4681 on: March 30, 2020, 01:57:49 PM »
UK claiming same curve as France, true, they're both not including people that die of it outside of hospital **

Said they will add them later**

418 new deaths registered in France, the highest number yet.
A Moselle hospital is requesting 12 transfers a day because it's saturated.

They haven't announced new cases yet.

How many days ahead are you guys to us? a week-ish?

I think as deaths go up the new numbers talks will suddenly get lost within reports.

I wouldn't know exactly how far ahead we are. Schools were closed... 17 days ago ? And we've been in lockdown for 13 to 14 days.

Apparently they can't wait for getting antiviral tests, PCR is on the heavy side.

Edit : Worldometer says 4000k+ new positives but I don't know where they sourced it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:12:30 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4682 on: March 30, 2020, 01:58:22 PM »
Ya love to see it. Boomer Remover™ doing the job of removing Boomers. :doge

No I don't love to see people dying from disease?

I'll be edgy a moment and say: I do. If folks like the UK dinner, Seattle Choir, Florida Slip-and-Slide party want to get-together over "FAKE NEWS!!!!!111oneone!1111!1!"™, catch it and die: Well they Darwin Awarded themselves. It's nobody's fault but their own for continuing to ignore WHO/Federal Doctor's orders.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was America/UK/whatever country" only goes so far when you have literal journalists and articles about the dangers of this virus.

I feel bad for the folks that get caught by their stupidity, but folks going to Cancun or whatever for Spring Break and the doctors around the country are like "no, you shouldn't go anywhere unless it's to literally get food for yourself and family?" Nah, fuck them. They knew the risks. :trumps

jorma

« Reply #4683 on: March 30, 2020, 02:01:02 PM »

Looking at Swedish corona stats, not quarantining people using force and closing everything down but instead asking us plebs to act responsibly on our own accord seems to work just as well as the more authoritarian methods.  :swiss

Not to rain on your parade, but in reality sweden probably just tests not nearly enough and the big wave is coming. The CFR is at 3,6% which at this time points to a big dark number. The swedish death rate per capita is currently on par with the UK and twice as high as the US. Norway for example has about as many infections as sweden but less than a third of deaths...

I'm not suggesting we are doing better, just not worse. If the more draconian measures don't yield better results than a mere suggestion from the PM to act responsibly, there is literally no reason to implement them.

It's too premature to say Sweden's approach is yielding better or equal results. It may still, for particular reasons or a better general approach. I'd say it's riskier, but maybe your government will be vindicated.

I think they still have quarantine as an option for Stockholm, but wont do it unless they really really need to. And also that our experts thinks it's dangerous to implement it too early, since people will start to violate quarantine just as they are needed indoors the most.

I personally approve of how they've been running it, and it seems like most people agree.
It also has the added benefit of making people focus more on their own actions and less on everyone else.  :)

I guess it's true you could shutdown "too early" (though from a contagion standpoint it cannot hurt, at worst you're setting the clock to almost 0 if there's really few cases) but half the world is there already and the economy has already gone into sleep mode, so I think countries shutting "too late" may run the risk of having to shut anyway when most of the major economic players are going to restart the engine, suffering longer closure and travel restrictions. It's probably a bigger question mark for the US than you, but still.

Also, it's probably an unprovable assertion but maybe the Swedish approach could be facilitated because all neighbouring countries / places that are interconnected with Sweden are taking the hit now, reducing the amount of people that could carry the infection in.

It's true, however, that shutdowns may have a big toll on general mental health, small businesses and poor workers.

fifstar pointed that Sweden was maybe not testing enough, if so the policy is more of a gamble than a rational approach.

But who knows ? I sure wish I could see friends and enjoy the sun right now. We'll probably need to wait late April-May to really have a better understanding of how far the virus penetrated, how effective were the shutdowns and where we'll be going from there.

Social distancing already being the norm here is probably the biggest factor. And that it is very possible to go for hour long walks with the dog without having to brush shoulders with anyone, unless you live in central Stockholm. And it's kinda possible there too.
And also that people move out at 18 and never ever live with their parents again. And i read somewhere that Sweden has the highest number of single person households in the world. Or EU, i forget which.

All of these probably helps mitigating the spread a lot.

I think the actual gamble is in enforcing quarantine too early. A future quarantine could still work, but a quarantine in June after already spending three months indoors? A bit much to ask. People just wouldn't give a shit if it meant missing out on the roughly three months of good weather we have in the year  :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4684 on: March 30, 2020, 02:02:16 PM »
As long as I'm partially immune for a few months I'm choosing to see this as an absolute win #hopepunk
Were you ever tested for it? Or were you assuming it was COVID based on symptoms? If it was tho, you might want to be careful still, as some people seem to remain contagious for a couple of weeks even after their symptoms are gone.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4685 on: March 30, 2020, 02:03:27 PM »

I'll be edgy a moment and say: I do. If folks like the UK dinner, Seattle Choir, Florida Slip-and-Slide party want to get-together over "FAKE NEWS!!!!!111oneone!1111!1!"™, catch it and die: Well they Darwin Awarded themselves. It's nobody's fault but their own for continuing to ignore WHO/Federal Doctor's orders.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was America/UK/whatever country" only goes so far when you have literal journalists and articles about the dangers of this virus.

I feel bad for the folks that get caught by their stupidity, but folks going to Cancun or whatever for Spring Break and the doctors around the country are like "no, you shouldn't go anywhere unless it's to literally get food for yourself and family?" Nah, fuck them. They knew the risks. :trumps
They will put a strain on the healthcare system though.

Maybe we should just shoot people over 18 who go outside in groups for no reason.  :yeshrug
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4686 on: March 30, 2020, 02:09:36 PM »

But that's not how it works.
It's not like COVID kills based on merit.
You could be a total cunt and go to spring-break, and do whatever the fuck, then spread it around to people who may have gone out once to buy food, and they'd still risk dying while you could end up with a bad fever at worst.
Not to mention the point Nintex made, since you can't really negate cunts a hospital bed, based on their cunt behaviour.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4687 on: March 30, 2020, 02:20:11 PM »
Our government didn't order ventilators from Philips until 2 weeks ago and Philips is just now ramping up production :snoop

They are the self declared biggest medical supplier in the world.  :rofl
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4688 on: March 30, 2020, 02:20:44 PM »
Some healthcare professionals and lawyers in France are trying to push a legal request for the requisition of the "means of productions" to avoid a shortage of medication (including morphine).
ὕβρις

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4689 on: March 30, 2020, 02:21:26 PM »
As long as I'm partially immune for a few months I'm choosing to see this as an absolute win #hopepunk
Were you ever tested for it? Or were you assuming it was COVID based on symptoms? If it was tho, you might want to be careful still, as some people seem to remain contagious for a couple of weeks even after their symptoms are gone.

Someone who got sick from positive tested people got me sick + symptoms. I'm planning to keep isolated for a couple weeks.
Gotcha.
Happy you're past the hump then.

bluemax

NO

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Cheddahz

« Reply #4692 on: March 30, 2020, 02:28:42 PM »
I've pretty much been self isolating since I came back from a trip a few weeks ago and I'm feeling okay; still only going to go out if I have to for food (which 95% of South Carolina is not doing and it's hurting us)

shosta

每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4694 on: March 30, 2020, 02:37:44 PM »
I really want to go out and buy sugary treats but I also don't want to die because of it.  Is this how heroin addicts feel?

shosta

« Reply #4695 on: March 30, 2020, 02:38:37 PM »
Happy you're past the hump then.
Actually it sounds like the hump is just getting started  :corona_rodney
每天生气

Bebpo

« Reply #4696 on: March 30, 2020, 02:43:36 PM »
WTF is going on with California testing, I keep seeing that there's supposedly tens of thousands tests they're waiting the results for ?

Edit : This I guess

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-03-30/its-taking-up-to-eight-days-to-get-coronavirus-tests-results-heres-why

Yeah, my friend's sister is a nurse at a place where 5 nurses tested positive. She had bad symptoms had to jump through a dozen hoops to get tested and then it took 8 days to get the results and she had to just self-quarantine at home until then. Ended up being negative, thankfully. But CA's testing situation still sucks.

I don't understand why CA can't do their own test/testing like NY.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4697 on: March 30, 2020, 02:46:21 PM »
I just remembered it has been about 8 days since I last used my car.
Imagine all the dead car batteries in 2 months  :existential
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #4698 on: March 30, 2020, 02:55:24 PM »

Imagine all the dead car owners in two months.

bluemax

« Reply #4699 on: March 30, 2020, 02:56:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1244698644982497280

Virginia is now Stay at home until June 10th!
NO

BisMarckie

« Reply #4700 on: March 30, 2020, 02:58:50 PM »

Daddy is going to buy a cheap slightly used luxury car :success

Ghoul

« Reply #4701 on: March 30, 2020, 03:01:01 PM »

Nep step dad sweating, "Bitch you better live, you owe me 7 years high APR %"

Added look at this shit, people stockpiling didn't even freeze that shit..

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/29/fury-wasted-food-piles-nhs-workers-struggle-get-vital-supplies-12473484/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:08:08 PM by Ghoul »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4702 on: March 30, 2020, 03:28:58 PM »
reading reeee posters' hot takes on this is both incredibly distressing an hilariously  galaxy :brain

People claiming that this is the end of the modern era and humanity will never recover is pretty lol-worthy
püp

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #4704 on: March 30, 2020, 03:46:32 PM »

Nep step dad sweating, "Bitch you better live, you owe me 7 years high APR %"

Added look at this shit, people stockpiling didn't even freeze that shit..

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/29/fury-wasted-food-piles-nhs-workers-struggle-get-vital-supplies-12473484/

Yeah, I made sure to start my car yesterday, even though its a hybrid just to let it run for a minute. I still got payments until 2022 on the car, but I'm thinking after this is done, I'll follow BisMarckie lead, trade in my car for a used luxury car.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4705 on: March 30, 2020, 03:58:04 PM »
Just took a drive through town. Didn't leave my car obviously.

It was like driving through Chernobyl.
Eerily quiet, empty streets, empty parking lots even and usually this place is quite lively in the early evening.
Exchanged friendly waves with the bus driver, the pawg on her scooter and the two poor souls walking their dogs.

Which was all human contact in a 30 minute drive. :fbm
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #4706 on: March 30, 2020, 04:08:08 PM »
The Netherlands has fallen  :jeb

But nintex survives  :goty

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4707 on: March 30, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »
My mom keeps telling me whenever they find something that can be turned into ventilators with minor changes. I don't know what she wants me to do with this information.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4708 on: March 30, 2020, 04:16:51 PM »
My mom keeps telling me whenever they find something that can be turned into ventilators with minor changes. I don't know what she wants me to do with this information.

Doxx at home, save lives.
ὕβρις

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4709 on: March 30, 2020, 04:20:18 PM »

She wants a vacuum-cum-ventilator for mother's day.  Just going to do a bit of tidying-up while I breathe. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4711 on: March 30, 2020, 04:37:47 PM »
you're almost brazilian!  :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4712 on: March 30, 2020, 04:40:19 PM »
Holy crap, my wife's job relented on their archaic remote access policies and she got the go-ahead to work from home.  Now that government money will pay for her missing a month of work after having the baby later this year.

Nope, shot down! :lol :dizzy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:03:24 PM by bork »
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4713 on: March 30, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »
This sums up this whole thing pretty well

https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1244712946225340417
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4714 on: March 30, 2020, 05:03:00 PM »
Just took a drive through town. Didn't leave my car obviously.

It was like driving through Chernobyl.
Eerily quiet, empty streets, empty parking lots even and usually this place is quite lively in the early evening.
Exchanged friendly waves with the bus driver, the pawg on her scooter and the two poor souls walking their dogs.

Which was all human contact in a 30 minute drive. :fbm
dutch pawg?  :shaq

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4717 on: March 30, 2020, 05:30:56 PM »
Another bad day for Canada. 

Ghoul

« Reply #4718 on: March 30, 2020, 05:33:54 PM »
This sums up this whole thing pretty well

https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1244712946225340417

NEWWW YORK, we got more corona cases than you
death toll is double you
NEW YORK, NEW YORK NEW YORK.
Keep our streets full of infected, we're reckless and stupid.

- beyonce

team filler

• filler
  • filler

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4720 on: March 30, 2020, 05:46:38 PM »
Paris hospitals looking into a way to have patients get respiratory assistance with remote medical monitoring, hopefully to free up ICU beds faster.

While the Great East region is the one that saturated first, Paris and Ile de France are where the most cases are and healthcare facilities there are starting to get at capacity. Like with Strasbourg and Mulhouse, they're starting transferring patients in others regions not hit as hard.

Hopefully effects from the lockdown should start to help within the week but with the long ICU treatments needed it will take some time to free beds.

The IMF is considering that a recession in Europe is inevitable and the FAO is worried about stress on farming and food production worldwide exacerbated by countries restricting exports.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4721 on: March 30, 2020, 05:54:12 PM »
Spain suspending all funeral ceremonies for now.
ὕβρις

bluemax

NO

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4723 on: March 30, 2020, 06:17:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/blakesmustache/status/1244586714041024518

They ran a simulation like they were testing the emergency response systems prior to 9/11
John Bolton fired the Pandemic team and Iran was the first country severely impacted after China

nothing suspicious to see here  :thinking
🤴

Himu

« Reply #4724 on: March 30, 2020, 06:20:02 PM »
Glenda says she thinks she's got the corona but symptoms are lightening and the body is starting to feel better. Been sick a week.
IYKYK

Coffee Dog

« Reply #4725 on: March 30, 2020, 06:22:08 PM »
Glenda says she thinks she's got the corona but symptoms are lightening and the body is starting to feel better. Been sick a week.

:( glad to hear things are improving

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4726 on: March 30, 2020, 06:23:14 PM »
Self distance from the forum didn't work heh ?
Best of recoveries.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4727 on: March 30, 2020, 06:50:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1244731747159474178

The Stock Market has spoken, Mr. Beale !
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4728 on: March 30, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
So I guess we can keep the country shut down indefinitely since the Dow is doing fine now?
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4729 on: March 30, 2020, 06:54:59 PM »
I think the stock market people figured out after a week of panic that they can just trade and do cocaine from home.
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4730 on: March 30, 2020, 06:58:33 PM »
USA on its way into the exclusive 3000 fatalities club. Will took a little longer to overtake France (will depends on how things develop...).

More states have moved to have some sort of measure in place though.
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #4731 on: March 30, 2020, 07:00:15 PM »
Financial Times has yet to update its graph even though the US is literally off the chart now :lol
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4732 on: March 30, 2020, 07:29:49 PM »
Financial Times has yet to update its graph even though the US is literally off the chart now :lol

Not all US data may be in... Well it depends on what 24h window you operate with but Worldometer resets at 00:00 GMT, or so they say. I usually see the FT tracker updated in the morning.

USA overtook France in fatalities now.  :doge
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:36:05 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #4733 on: March 30, 2020, 07:32:00 PM »

everyone who reads this post is now immune god bless you do not need to like just have faith bless up

Pennywise

« Reply #4734 on: March 30, 2020, 07:43:07 PM »
France got 80+ people in hospitals in Germany, Switzerland and Luxembourg. They want to push that number to over a 100 soon.

Just imagine the US asking Mexico for help  :phil

In other news. German deaths are still pretty low, but there are several eldery care homes that got hit hard. One of them already got 17+ fatalities. That shit is rough.. and more confirmed cases in different care homes have been made public.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

bluemax

NO

Himu

« Reply #4737 on: March 30, 2020, 07:52:47 PM »

Isn't it worse when you get it a second time
IYKYK

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #4738 on: March 30, 2020, 07:57:15 PM »

they were false positives, thus far.

Himu

« Reply #4739 on: March 30, 2020, 07:57:53 PM »

they were false positives, thus far.

Good to know
IYKYK