Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2082813 times)

BobFromPikeCreek

Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #10620 on: January 17, 2015, 03:35:02 PM »
I'm REALLY glad I gave Game of Thrones another chance. I thought season 2 sucked and stopped watching, but I decided to give seasons 3 and 4 a shot recently. The show got so much better it's insane. Almost every character and plot thread is interesting now. The pacing is so much more brisk. Season 2 really meandered where as the last two seasons haven't wasted a second. Can't wait for season 5!
zzzzz

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #10621 on: January 17, 2015, 03:38:17 PM »
I liked season 2 but it definitely felt the most 'off' to me. It felt like the sense of scale that the whole brink of war scenario required wasn't there. It never really felt like there was this huge war/battle building up around King's Landing, even though it was clearly supposed to be huge.
serge

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10622 on: January 17, 2015, 03:46:41 PM »
I liked season 2 but it definitely felt the most 'off' to me. It felt like the sense of scale that the whole brink of war scenario required wasn't there. It never really felt like there was this huge war/battle building up around King's Landing, even though it was clearly supposed to be huge.

They didn't have the budget. I really liked the show battle but it was never going to match what it was supposed to be: hundreds of ships in a naval battle, thousands of soldiers, etc. Overall I thought S2 was pretty weak but the battle episode was great. Finale was bad too IMO, and another case of not having the budget or vision to adapt the material.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10623 on: January 17, 2015, 03:50:31 PM »
Yep. Season 2 had a lot of heel dragging and ended on a flat action set piece. Seasons 3 and 4 are a completely different story though. Something heavy happens in just about every episode and the production is now maybe the best TV has ever seen.
zzzzz

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10624 on: January 17, 2015, 03:54:50 PM »
Going into S4 I knew there would be ten "holy fuck" moments if not more. They got to most of them, the rest are either in S5 or were cut. That book is insane.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10625 on: January 17, 2015, 03:55:55 PM »
Definitely a weird season outside of the explosion episode and despite how much people like to throw season 3 under the bus. Better sense of scale in the books but then imagination and all that.

TVC15

« Reply #10626 on: January 17, 2015, 03:59:21 PM »
Despite being really underwhelmed by the Red Wedding, I think S3 was my favorite.
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10627 on: January 17, 2015, 04:01:59 PM »
were you spoiled beforehand? I would have assumed you'd be into (S3 spoiler)
spoiler (click to show/hide)
a pregnant chick getting stabbed in the belly.
[close]

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10628 on: January 17, 2015, 04:03:55 PM »
People didn't like season 3? I haven't read the books, so as someone who can only take the show for what it is I'd say it was a night and day improvement over season 2.
zzzzz

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10629 on: January 17, 2015, 04:04:18 PM »
[close]

That was some Caligula shit.
zzzzz

TVC15

« Reply #10630 on: January 17, 2015, 04:05:03 PM »
[close]

Nope. All I knew was that it was considered some sort of game changer.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10631 on: January 17, 2015, 04:07:55 PM »
Now the wedding in S4. . .that's how you have a wedding.
serge

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10632 on: January 17, 2015, 04:10:03 PM »
Now the wedding in S4. . .that's how you have a wedding.

And that was like the second episode of the season too
zzzzz

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10633 on: January 17, 2015, 04:19:57 PM »
Did you guys figure out who poisoned him before the heavy handed reveal? My dad barely knows anyone's name yet somehow figured it was "that sassy elderly woman."

TVC15

« Reply #10634 on: January 17, 2015, 04:28:44 PM »
Did you guys figure out who poisoned him before the heavy handed reveal? My dad barely knows anyone's name yet somehow figured it was "that sassy elderly woman."

She was my first suspect immediately after, at least until the Sansa's rescue, which had me believing that maybe her rescuer did it alone.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10635 on: January 17, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »
Alright, tell me, PD

Does The Hound survive the end of S4 or not? They don't show him die on camera but I hve a bad feeling about him. The Hound and Arya was like my favorite non-Oberyn part of S4
[close]
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10636 on: January 17, 2015, 06:00:48 PM »
Alright, tell me, PD

Does The Hound survive the end of S4 or not? They don't show him die on camera but I hve a bad feeling about him. The Hound and Arya was like my favorite non-Oberyn part of S4
[close]

Yes; the circumstances of his injuries are really different in the book, and he doesn't fight Brienne. I don't know if he'll be in S5, but the character is alive.
[close]

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10637 on: January 17, 2015, 06:21:29 PM »
The Man in the High Castle Amazon adaptation is fucking brilliant. the pilot alone is better than the vast majority of Philip k dick adaptations.

Come on, I like it but it's not THAT good. Oh wait, it's Zephyr. OK carry on.
It's cool, you're a piece of shit. Carry on.

Discotheque

« Reply #10638 on: January 17, 2015, 06:28:17 PM »
The first episode of Agent Carter was pretty fun. I'd give it a B- or a C+. It's probably the best comic book(ish) show on TV right now. I mildly enjoyed Gotham up until the last 3 episodes or so, when it just became boring. That show was always like, D+ quality and was doomed due to having too many awful characters that can't be killed off (namely, Gordon, Selina, and Bruce). I gave Arrow a half season before dropping it out of boredom and due to its chronic case of CW-tardation. Agents of Shield is just completely unwatchable, and people that claim to enjoy it should probably be questioning many of their decisions and priorities in life. It's true F- television. I don't even think it's well produced.

why is the flash absent in this post? that's easily the most fun out of all the ones mentioned forreal

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10639 on: January 18, 2015, 02:56:11 AM »
First episode of this season of always sunny was pretty damn good but shouldn't Charlie have been freaked out about leaving Philly?

TVC15

« Reply #10640 on: January 18, 2015, 03:01:53 AM »
The first episode of Agent Carter was pretty fun. I'd give it a B- or a C+. It's probably the best comic book(ish) show on TV right now. I mildly enjoyed Gotham up until the last 3 episodes or so, when it just became boring. That show was always like, D+ quality and was doomed due to having too many awful characters that can't be killed off (namely, Gordon, Selina, and Bruce). I gave Arrow a half season before dropping it out of boredom and due to its chronic case of CW-tardation. Agents of Shield is just completely unwatchable, and people that claim to enjoy it should probably be questioning many of their decisions and priorities in life. It's true F- television. I don't even think it's well produced.

why is the flash absent in this post? that's easily the most fun out of all the ones mentioned forreal

I don't think I've heard it mentioned so much and I've never liked the Flash. I never liked the Green Arrow but people talked that show up a lot so I gave it a shot once I could marathon it.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10641 on: January 18, 2015, 03:14:59 AM »
I was super skeptical about Flash but the backdoor pilot on Arrow sold me then the actual show was even better. Granted I enjoy all the comic book shows on air right now to varying degrees but I still think Flash is the best of the bunch.

TVC15

« Reply #10642 on: January 18, 2015, 04:03:51 AM »
Anyone check out 12 Monkeys? I'm mildly curious, but I hold the movie in some serious reverence. It's only a few notches away from trying to make Brazil a TV show. Then again, 12 Monkeys is a sort of adaptation itself. Then again. . .SyFy.
serge

G The Resurrected

« Reply #10643 on: January 18, 2015, 04:21:21 AM »
Helix season 2 ep 1 aired yesterday and so I watched it.

It doesn't feel like the same show anymore, which sucks. They lost a lot of the feel that the first season had visually and a lot of the shots make it out to be more like a walking dead type show, which it isn't. So all in all the intrigue is still there, but it is gonna be another slow burn of info for 14 episodes.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10644 on: January 18, 2015, 04:48:47 AM »
Anyone check out 12 Monkeys? I'm mildly curious, but I hold the movie in some serious reverence. It's only a few notches away from trying to make Brazil a TV show. Then again, 12 Monkeys is a sort of adaptation itself. Then again. . .SyFy.

I dug it but I don't really see you liking it

G The Resurrected

« Reply #10645 on: January 18, 2015, 06:46:35 AM »
12 monkeys was pretty good, I like that it's different from the movie thus far. I hated the movie, but liked the ideas it represented and the show seems to be doing a good job of handling the theme so far.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #10646 on: January 19, 2015, 11:49:32 AM »
I really just have zero interest in a 12 Monkeys show. Ughh, just thinking about them stretching out time travel loop plot twists over multiple story arcs  :yuck

TVC: Have you watched Penny Dreadful?

___

TVC15

« Reply #10647 on: January 19, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »
Yes. I liked Penny Dreadful a lot. It didn't feel like the whole cohesive narrative worked, but the setting and the characters and the acting were all great.
serge

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #10648 on: January 19, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »
This weekend I watched the first series of Babylon a darkly comic take on various aspects of the City of London Police co-created by Danny Boyle.

At the upper echelons, there is the American image consultant who is brought in to massage the message using new "American" PR which annoys the fuck out of everyone else.  She means well and isn't presented as a goof, which is nice.  Her opposition is all older higher echelon people who don't feel the need to change how things are going.

There is the cadre of Community Police  who are largely portrayed as bumbling lower classes who are battling against leadership which does things like have them guard a furniture store during a black Driday like sale.

There is the group of slightly aggro Authorized Firearm Officers which is like a small squad of SWAT, one of whom suffers from some serious PTSD after shooting an unarmed teenager.

If this comes to Hulu or Netflix I highly recommend checking it out.  It's not quite In The Loop levels of fuckery or humor as it tempers much of its show with interpersonal dramas among the various squad members, but it's still quite arch in places.
Tonya

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10649 on: January 19, 2015, 12:49:54 PM »
I liked Babylon as well. Went places I didn't expect it to.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10650 on: January 19, 2015, 11:08:45 PM »
Archer was better this week.  Some pretty good lines. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10651 on: January 20, 2015, 02:47:13 PM »
Say that doesn't count as blackface, does it?   :lol :lol
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

TVC15

« Reply #10653 on: January 21, 2015, 02:37:08 AM »
The new Bachelor is a fuckin' uggo pig.

Unfortunately I'll watch it because it's better than any comic book TV and I consume way too much of that shit. Also I love watching women demean themselves.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10654 on: January 21, 2015, 02:52:03 AM »
He has really unattractive tits, too.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10655 on: January 21, 2015, 03:07:07 AM »
Holy shit. The way these chicks act would make Bayonetta blush. I'd rather lick the bottom of a Panda Express dumpster than let any of their mouths near me.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10656 on: January 21, 2015, 04:06:29 AM »
It's sad. Despite being in their mid-to-late 20s and way past their prime, most of these chicks look like models. They could have any man in the world in just about 3 seconds, but they're whoring themselves out for some fucking farmer from Iowa. Most of them are so caked with makeup that they look about 40. Some of them have kids. Why the hell would you embarrass yourself by going on The Bachelor when you have kids? Nobody wants you. You're used up trash. Go to the fucking bar and pray someone gets so drunk that they're willing to look past the 60 pound anchor you have tied to yourself. One of the bitches is an aspiring WWE Diva or something, so Himu should be interested in the show.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10657 on: January 21, 2015, 04:14:18 AM »
He talks about wanting to BRING HIS WIFE BACK TO IOWA yet the women still act like whores toward him. Nobody wants to live in Iowa. It is one of America's toilets. These women are such hussies, and so fame hungry, that they are willing to demean themselves so. They are truly trash. They'd willingly live in Iowa for the sake of being famous for a TV season. Typical female trash.
serge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10658 on: January 21, 2015, 04:15:42 AM »
Have you ever lived in Iowa bro? All that space. It's probably a nice and quiet.

TVC15

« Reply #10659 on: January 21, 2015, 04:18:10 AM »
Whenever he says an -ing word, he drops the g. He is a fucking hillbilly.

Sample small talk.

One of the Girls (she works in a fertility clinic): HAVE YOU EVER MANUALLY INSEMINATED A PIG
Farmer Hillbilly: Uh, no.
One of the Girls (she works in a fertility clinic): IF YOU DID WE'D KIND OF HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON

The female thinks this is acceptable small talk when trying to pick up a mate. She is fucking distinguished mentally-challenged. Bayonetta would cringe. The Fertility Pig does a disservice to her species.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10660 on: January 21, 2015, 04:20:30 AM »
I'm not joking. That exchange actually took place. These women are disgusting and pathetic.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10661 on: January 21, 2015, 04:45:43 AM »
Seriously, why do girls wear so much makeup? They aren't fooling anyone. Men don't fucking care, for the most part. I said before that most of these mid-to-late 20s chicks look about 40, and makeup does the same thing to girls in everyday life. There is no classy way to do it.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10662 on: January 21, 2015, 04:59:16 AM »
I'm not being a shit or being facetious. Why do women wear makeup?
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10663 on: January 21, 2015, 05:08:37 AM »
These women are disgusting. I don't know how you breeders pretend to like this shit. I hope you just fire loads into them and then forget about them. If you pretend these things have personalities and feelings you are absolutely foolish.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10664 on: January 21, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »
When he takes his shirt of he has bigger tits than most of the women. And not in a good way.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10665 on: January 21, 2015, 05:14:41 AM »
btw, all 23 or the women are white. At least the show doesn't play games when stating which skin color is the most aesthetically pleasing. Melanin? They ain't even going to pretend it's welcome.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10666 on: January 21, 2015, 05:15:49 AM »
Then again, the producers probably saw they had a midwestern man and just played it safe. No one that isn't from the coast is going to go for an ethnic woman.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10667 on: January 21, 2015, 05:30:26 AM »
THIS IS FUCK AWESOME.

This one Female Pig has a daughter named Ireland, and soon after giving birth to whatever-the-fuck-gender-Ireland-is her husband COMMITTED SUICIDE. COME ON YOU WHORE. Not only do you have a kid, but you MADE YOUR HUSBAND COMMIT SUICIDE. Who will ever love you? You are unlovable. No man with a brain will give you a chance to be the next to kill himself. Commit suicide, bitch. Your life is over.

Then again, The Bachelor is a fuckin hillbilly hayseed from Iowa, so you probably win in the end, whore.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10668 on: January 21, 2015, 05:32:49 AM »
Fuck his tits are disgusting. You'd think they'd train him harder before putting him on national TV without a shirt.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10669 on: January 21, 2015, 05:34:32 AM »
This one slut is wearing a bathing suit so tight that they have to censor it. Congrats, trashwoman.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10670 on: January 21, 2015, 05:37:21 AM »
http://jezebel.com/chris-the-bachelor-is-probably-bad-at-sex-1680611178

Look at those tits in the first picture. Tell me that is attractive. That is like a b-cup at mini. . .HOLY FUCK, ONE OF THE WOMEN IS ASKING IF HE BELIEVES IN ALIENS. SHE IS FUCKING CRAZY.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10671 on: January 21, 2015, 05:41:23 AM »
Alright, The Bachelor is 33, but he looks like he's in that magic age where he was drafted for both WW2 AND the Korean War. He looks like he's in his mid-to-late 40s. Plus he has giant tits. The only reason women would be falling all over themselves is for fame.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10672 on: January 21, 2015, 05:43:34 AM »
Fuckin' whores. This brunette bitch is puching hard, but nobody wants a brunette. It looks like she's been given a swirly in a shit-filled toilet. PLUS SHE HAS A KID. EW. KILL IT. If you have a kid and want to be on The Bachelor, at least put the fucking thing up for adoption. You should have had the good sense to get an abortion if you planned on fame-whoring.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10673 on: January 21, 2015, 05:44:57 AM »
Admittedly, she does have a more tasteful amount of makeup on compared to the other whores. Too bad she couldn't keep her legs closed.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10674 on: January 21, 2015, 05:46:29 AM »
Be honest, if you were a bitch, would you want to date me if I had a small dick and bigger tits than you? These women are shallow fame whores.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10675 on: January 21, 2015, 05:47:44 AM »
The makeup artist Whore has the worst makeup of all. She looks like a fucking clown.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10676 on: January 21, 2015, 05:50:52 AM »
This Brittany woman that is "27" looks 54. Fuck makeup. It is gross. The way these women peacock in front of each other whenever Boss LittleDickBigTits isn't around is awesome. If they had access to weapon they'd be cutting each other up. They so just want to suck that baby dick and they'll do whatever it takes.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10677 on: January 21, 2015, 05:56:02 AM »
His ass may have some virtues, but that doesn't sway me so much. He definitely wouldn't be able to fuck me well.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10678 on: January 21, 2015, 05:58:29 AM »
Now, on a date, this Bimbo Whore is trying to romantically tell a story about the death of her father. Sister Bitch, that may make MY dick hard, but it's not going to go very far with Mr. Stick the Corn In My Ass Iowa Farmer Man. Use your own brain, Whore.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #10679 on: January 21, 2015, 06:10:15 AM »
Jeez, all women are so stupid.
serge