Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 848857 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Avengers gender and race changes for everyone!
« Reply #900 on: September 22, 2011, 02:40:07 PM »
lol wtf @ catwoman #1 ending- GRR Martin guest writer?
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #901 on: September 22, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »
was Catwoman good?

I cleaned out my box today...

Legion of Superheroes
Nightwing
Wonder Woman
Supergirl
Batman
Severed #2
Captain America #3
Game of Thrones
Ultimate Spiderman
The Stand: Captain Trips #2 and #3

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #902 on: September 22, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »

Picked up a few things over the last few days

Ranma 1/2 Part 3 - All 13 issues

Was this really cheap?  If not, I would recommend getting the regular manga versions instead.  The newer ones aren't reversed, too.  Ranma is a huge series (like 38 volumes...I think 35-36 in the States though) and Viz Comics quit releasing their stuff in comic book format, going manga format-only around 6-7 years back.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:51:22 PM by lyte edge »
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #903 on: September 22, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »

Was this really cheap?  If not, I would recommend getting the regular manga versions instead.  The newer ones aren't reversed, too.  Ranma is a huge series (like 38 volumes...I think 35-36 in the States though) and Viz Comics quit releasing their stuff in comic book format, going manga format-only around 6-7 years back.
Super cheap.  less than a dollar for each issue.  I got 13 issues for around 12 bucks.  I would get the manga but my wife (and me too actually) prefer issues over TPB's and with most stuff it's about the same or cheaper. 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #904 on: September 22, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »
It's also cheap on comixology, although i'm reading it on paper. It's basically one long crazy kung-fu epic, and played straighter than you might think at first. Mix in some blaxploitation, zombies and western tropes and it pretty much SCREAMS 'Joe Molotov' on every page.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :lol I've been wanting to read it, though.

lol wtf @ catwoman #1 ending- GRR Martin guest writer?

My friend just texted me this morning and said Catwoman kills some guys and then rapes Batman, is this true MAF?  :rapetime
©@©™

MrAngryFace

« Reply #905 on: September 22, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »
Kinda, I mean he appears to be all into it in the last panel but there's a few panels of her forcing herself on him. Its just kinda awkward to read.

I liked the issue overall, the arts really great imo and I like that shes a lot more crazy than the catwoman I remember from a few months ago while catching up on Sirens.
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #906 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »
-I liked Action Comics #1.   :o  First time Superman has been interesting to me in...ever.
-Red Hood And The Outlaws was  ???.  I haven't read the previous Red Hood stuff, and Lobdell did a poor job of making his (recent) past easy to follow for new readers.  Some GAFfers are freaking out over Starfire being some kind of free-spirited alien-hippie-type who loves sex, but hasn't that character always been like that?  I never read Titans or Outsiders.
-Supergirl #1 just retcons her coming to Earth...again.  Weird that after the whole no-pants edict and before that, the whole "issue" fanboys had with them giving the character bike shorts under the skirt. 
-Detective #1 was "eh."  Liked Batman And Robin.
-Green Lantern and Red Lantern were fun reads, but both are like Red Hood in that you need to know the older series' backstories.  I've only read Blackest Night.
-Mister Terrific was just all right.  Nothing particularly memorable, and again they do a terrible job of introducing this character to new readers, IMO.
-Static Shock, on the other hand, did it right.
-Resurrection Man was also kind of  ???.  The plot was easy to follow, but again I have no idea who the hell this character is supposed to be and why I should care about him.

Super cheap.  less than a dollar for each issue.  I got 13 issues for around 12 bucks.  I would get the manga but my wife (and me too actually) prefer issues over TPB's and with most stuff it's about the same or cheaper. 

Yup, larger is nicer...but again they quit doing them in comic format and went manga format only.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:57:43 PM by lyte edge »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #907 on: September 22, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »
-Supergirl #1 just retcons her coming to Earth...again.  Weird that after the whole no-pants edict and before that, the whole "issue" fanboys had with them giving the character bike shorts under the skirt. 

Bike shorts are awesome, why would anyone complain about them?
dog

MrAngryFace

« Reply #908 on: September 22, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »
Is supergirl less OMG WHINY TEENGIRL now?
o_0

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #909 on: September 22, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »
Some GAFfers are freaking out over Starfire being some kind of free-spirited alien-hippie-type who loves sex, but hasn't that character always been like that?  I never read Titans or Outsiders.

Having read quite a bit of the recent runs of Outsiders, Teen Titans, and Titans...yeah, pretty much, at least for the past few years. She was always sunbathing nude at Animal Man's pool or having sex with Nightwing or whatever.
©@©™

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #910 on: September 22, 2011, 04:11:11 PM »
Yup, larger is nicer...but again they quit doing them in comic format and went manga format only.

So after a certain point I can only get them in Manga?  Hm.  I'll have to tell my wife it continues then.  she still has a lot of volumes to go through though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #911 on: September 22, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »
Wonder Woman was also a great read.  Completely new direction for the character.  On the Marvel side, Schism #4 FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY gets around to Cyclops and Wolverine having it out.  Shit is too damn slow-paced.  And Spider-Island has been awesome.

Bike shorts are awesome, why would anyone complain about them?

Fanboys angry over the lack of upskirt panty angles, of course!

Is supergirl less OMG WHINY TEENGIRL now?

Well most of the first issue was Supergirl
spoiler (click to show/hide)
thinking this was a dream
[close]
and acting all :smug, so there's no telling how things will really turn out.  Seems like a different character from the little I have read of the older titles.

Also the hooded lady from the very end of Flashpoint is showing up in some panels in various books:

ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #912 on: September 22, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »
I've picked up some of the last few venom issues and I'm starting up on the latest of Amazing Spiderman.  Is that Spider Island stuff good?  Or is it just the Fear Itself tie-ins that are good?  I keep hearing mixed reviews. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #913 on: September 22, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »
I finally caught Reboot Fever. I'd held out until now, but this afternoon I went to the store and bought a dozen #1's. Alright Geoff Johns and Dan Didio, you win you sons of bitches.
©@©™

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #914 on: September 22, 2011, 09:56:36 PM »
She's been in every single new 52 book, lyte
vjj

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #915 on: September 22, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
She's probably a Monitor, getting everyone prepped for Crisis on 52 Earths, beginning November 2012. Thrill as they unretcon all of the retcons that nobody liked and cancel all the series that aren't selling very well. Oh yeah, and it's crosses over all 52 series, so get them wallets open!
©@©™

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #916 on: September 23, 2011, 03:08:33 AM »
this week's DC books were pretty atrocious - Wonder Woman by far the best of the bunch. Batman was disappointing, everything else sucked.
vjj

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #917 on: September 23, 2011, 08:12:41 AM »
Catwoman #1 was okay.  The end was...uh...did we need that in a superhero comic?

She's probably a Monitor, getting everyone prepped for Crisis on 52 Earths, beginning November 2012. Thrill as they unretcon all of the retcons that nobody liked and cancel all the series that aren't selling very well. Oh yeah, and it's crosses over all 52 series, so get them wallets open!

I really do wonder how long this "rebooted" universe is going to last for.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:14:18 AM by lyte edge »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #918 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »
The scene with Starfire in Red Hood and the Outlaws was utterly ridiculous. :lol
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #919 on: September 23, 2011, 09:41:43 AM »
The scene with Starfire in Red Hood and the Outlaws was utterly ridiculous. :lol

The Catwoman/Batman costume-fetish fuckfest at the end of CW #1 might top it!  :lol
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #920 on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:46 AM »

The Catwoman/Batman costume-fetish fuckfest at the end of CW #1 might top it!  :lol

It's definitely close!

:bow New 52 :bow2
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #921 on: September 23, 2011, 09:57:12 AM »
So was Red Hood bad?  I was going to go find a copy this afternoon but reviews have been lukewarm at best. 

Is Catwoman worth picking up?  How was Nightwing?

Batman was just okay.  It was too much of a slow burn with too small of a payoff.

On the other hand, Severed #2 was fucking awesome. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #922 on: September 23, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »
You don't need any of the DC books this week, real talk.
vjj

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #923 on: September 23, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »
Bah.  Well I got Nightwing, Supergirl and Wonder Woman already.  Just hadn't read them.  Oh well, I've got plenty of other stuff to read

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #924 on: September 23, 2011, 10:37:26 AM »

I'm pretty sure you've just outlined their actual plan, so I'll not be taking that bet.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #925 on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:46 AM »
You don't need any of the DC books this week, real talk.
Bah.  Well I got Nightwing, Supergirl and Wonder Woman already.  Just hadn't read them.  Oh well, I've got plenty of other stuff to read

I don't agree with Cormac.  If nothing else, Wonder Woman was worth it.
ど助平

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #926 on: September 23, 2011, 11:41:49 AM »
look up at the top of the page Lyte
vjj

MrAngryFace

« Reply #927 on: September 23, 2011, 11:47:53 AM »
I liked Catwoman #1 until the last few pages where the tone shifted all weird-like with the costume sex. Crazy catwoman is honestly the best catwoman.
o_0

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2011, 12:17:15 PM »
Yeah, they had basically turned her completely into a superhero, post-Infinite Crisis. Time to get crazy (but less costume sex, plz). I liked the new Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad too, that looks like it could be a good series.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #929 on: September 23, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
look up at the top of the page Lyte

I know...but look at what I quoted!   :)
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #930 on: September 24, 2011, 03:32:27 AM »
Went to the comic store with mups tonight. Picked up IDW's TMNT #2. It was okay. The origin story is...different. In this one, April starts off as a student who keeps splinter and the turtles as pets or science experiments. splinter steals some data or something on a disc and the foot come in to eliminate april and her experiments. They steal the turtles and ooze splinter chases after them. They fall and all of them fall into ooze. A cat sweeps up Raphael in its mouth and gets lost. The turtles have lived in the sewers for 15 months after the fact, still looking for Raph.

It's weird. For one thing, the turtles already have their weapons and seemingly know how to use ninjutsu. Same for Splinter. It makes no sense to me because if they were just science experiments kept by April, then Splinter didn't have the awareness of learning martial arts by watching his master. Not to mention becoming fluent in English in 15 months.

But whatever, it's okay. Oh, and Casey Jones has an alcoholic abusive dad.

Also picked up the latest of my beloved X-Factor.

I'll pick up the dc #1's the rest of this week. From what mup's was telling me Superman sounds interesting this iteration.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #931 on: September 24, 2011, 03:36:23 AM »
Mups, if you like Detective, read the Dark Knight Returns to start, I say. It's still awesome. And by all means, don't let me stop you from sticking with Detective...i've read a bazillion Batman books and am jaded.
Cool.  I'll order the dark knight returns tonight.  Never read any Frank Miller stuff but I've always heard good things.  I'll give it a shot.

if you haven't ordered it yet, i own it
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #932 on: September 24, 2011, 08:27:17 PM »
Finished reading the new DC #1's that interest me.

Action Comics - A
Detective Comics - C
Superboy - A
Justice League - C
Batman - B +
Batgirl - B
Batwoman - D (amazing art though)
Catwoman - D-
Nightwing - B+
Batman and Robin - C
Green Lantern - C
Wonder Woman - C
Animal Man - A
Swamp Thing - A

Overall I'm really impressed with what DC is doing and I hope they keep it up. Action Comics and Superboy are easily my favorites at this point due to their superior writing, characterization and scenarios and this is coming from someone who's not really that big on Supes, if a fan at all. Can't wait for Superman #1.

One thing I thought was that there are far too many Batman related comics. I honestly think they only need Detective Comics and Batman line. Batman was in like every other issue I've read so far and his stories started to feel muddled and redundant by the end due to how often he's crossing over.

I'm not sure which I should both sticking with aside from Action Comics, Superboy, Batgirl, Justice League, Batman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Nightwing.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:04:23 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #933 on: September 25, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »
Animal man is sooo good. I was also pretty intrigued by legion lost

Himu

« Reply #934 on: September 25, 2011, 12:40:12 AM »
Yeah, Animal Man was GREAT. So was Swamp Thing.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #935 on: September 25, 2011, 01:50:03 AM »
Action comics and Superboy have me on Superman kick. I was huge into Superman as a kid but as I grew older I started to hate him for the exact reasons I loved him as a child: his broken super powers. So I watched superman the movie for the first time since I was 8. It was awesome, surprisingly. What are the best Superman trades so I can arrrrrr 'em?

I wish Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman was on Netflix instant because I loved that show.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #936 on: September 25, 2011, 12:28:18 PM »
What are the best Superman trades so I can arrrrrr 'em?

All-Star Superman
Superman for All Seasons
dog

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #937 on: September 25, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »
Birthright, I remember being pretty good. And of course Alan Moore's 'Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?' The JLA stuff by Grant Morrison has lots of great Superman bits also.

I recommend getting a random sampling of the Silver Age crazy shit, just to skim through. It would drive you crazy to actually read but they are fun as hell to look at, even if you never get past the covers. Don't forget the Jimmy Olsen/Lois Lane stuff as well.

vjj

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #938 on: September 25, 2011, 08:46:45 PM »

dog

Himu

« Reply #939 on: September 25, 2011, 09:46:13 PM »
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/09/22/starfire-catwoman-sex-superheroine

perfectly summarizes why red hood and catwoman were hot garbage
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #940 on: September 25, 2011, 09:50:50 PM »
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/09/22/starfire-catwoman-sex-superheroine

perfectly summarizes why red hood and catwoman were hot garbage

Emphasis on "hot", but always garbage, yeah.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #941 on: September 25, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »
I atone for my white male guilt by reading Gail Simone's Birds of Prey and Batgirl.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #942 on: September 26, 2011, 02:04:28 AM »
I really liked batgirl.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #943 on: September 26, 2011, 02:06:21 AM »
batgirl was probably my favorite so far- all the others are really weird. Catwoman had nice art but the sex scene at the end- batwoman was boring, detective comics as kinda all over the place, Batman was boring cause of boring plot blah but I like the art, justice league was a bunch of jerks, suicide squad was promising.
o_0

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #944 on: September 26, 2011, 07:24:01 AM »
now reading miracle man.

i had read two issues previously, but couldn't stand the art on my computer screen.

on the touchpad it's damn near perfect.

fucking awesome stuff.

Billy Baston?  More like Billy Bastard, AMIRITE?!
Tonya

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #945 on: September 26, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »
I liked Supergirl *shrug*  Wasn't amazing but it was pretty entertaining.

Wonder Woman was WTF but pretty awesome

MrAngryFace

« Reply #946 on: September 26, 2011, 11:13:33 AM »
A lot of these early issues feel like OMG WE EDGY COOL SEE BLOOD SEX OMG- hopefully they'll get it out of their systems soon
o_0

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #947 on: September 26, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »
now reading miracle man.

i had read two issues previously, but couldn't stand the art on my computer screen.

on the touchpad it's damn near perfect.

fucking awesome stuff.

Billy Baston?  More like Billy Bastard, AMIRITE?!

kind of amazing how much Agent Smith from the Matrix steals the look, vibe, and behavior of Kid Miracleman
乱学者

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #948 on: September 26, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
I think Animal Man is my favorite so far.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #949 on: September 26, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »
I liked Supergirl *shrug*  Wasn't amazing but it was pretty entertaining.

Wonder Woman was WTF but pretty awesome

i liked supergirl too
IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #951 on: September 27, 2011, 09:05:51 PM »
The DC reboot was never about attracting a new audience.

The DC reboot was all about squeezing more bucks out of the same, old audience.

See: anime, manga
dog

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #952 on: September 27, 2011, 09:19:15 PM »
A 7-year-old responds to the new Starfire

I think those are all perfectly valid points that DC should definitely consider before putting out something like that again. But a few points:

1) it's a fucking terrible book that NOBODY should be reading
2) it's a fucking terrible book to put in front of a 7yr old
3) DC publishes the Tiny Titans (which has won or been nominated for Eisners I believe) featuring Starfire  - why not give 'em that instead? I got a few issues on comixology to read to my daughter and she thinks it's great
vjj

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #953 on: September 27, 2011, 09:22:31 PM »
I know there's other points being made and it's not just the clothing, but it's kinda funny how she posts pictures of her daughter with funnybooks featuring scantily-clad Starfire and Supergirl, pre-reboot.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #954 on: September 28, 2011, 10:26:13 AM »
ど助平

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #955 on: September 28, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »
 :lol :lol

I found a copy of Catwoman.   :yuck  That was the worst thing I've read from the new DC.  It was boring to begin with and then it was just wtf.  Don't think I'll be subscribing to that one.  It's the first time in the new DC stuff where I've felt like I wasted 3 bucks.

Himu

« Reply #956 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
If you think Catwoman is bad DON'T READ Red Hood.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #957 on: September 28, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
ah fuck.  It can't possibly be worse.  I already ordered a copy of Red Hood.  Oh well. 

I really want to read Resurrection Man but I can't find any copies.  I guess I'll have to buy a digital copy.  Bleh. 

MrAngryFace

« Reply #958 on: September 28, 2011, 11:21:28 AM »
NEW 52 GIRLZ WANNA GET LAID! EDGYCOOL! THEY ARNT ATTACHED TO MEN, JUST PLEASURE!

Most of the DC reboot is either incredibly boring or makes me feel uncomfortable.
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #959 on: September 28, 2011, 11:23:09 AM »
I know there's other points being made and it's not just the clothing, but it's kinda funny how she posts pictures of her daughter with funnybooks featuring scantily-clad Starfire and Supergirl, pre-reboot.

Article aside, i think it has more to do with Starfire wantin SEX, and LOTS OF IT. Its just creepy.
o_0