Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 848661 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Avengers gender and race changes for everyone!
« Reply #3600 on: May 08, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »
Rumor on what will happen to the X-Men after Secret Wars:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because what we have now been told by multiple sources is that the X-Men will discover that the Inhuman Terragenesis mists kills mutants. And with it circling the globe, the X-Men and mutantkind choose to leave the Earth, go onto space, and found a brand new world.

Same reality, different planet. X-Men In Space. “An entire new world.”

It was a while ago that we first reported that it was Marvel’s wish that the Inhumans replace mutants in the Marvel universe. I just never guessed it would never actually be enacted so literally.
[close]

ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3601 on: May 08, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »
Just cancel the xbooks if you have such contempt for them. Such a shame to see them treat what was once thier golden goose like bastards.

Himu

« Reply #3602 on: May 08, 2015, 12:46:28 PM »
WHY DOES IT SAY SECRET WARS ON THE COVER

THIS SHIT IS CONFUSING
IYKYK

« Reply #3603 on: May 08, 2015, 12:48:10 PM »
It's just for collector freaks but who knows if the potential sales loss from people who want to avoid all that shit might be more than the potential new sales from secret wars completionists.

« Reply #3604 on: May 08, 2015, 12:50:15 PM »
The way they treat the xmen rofl. Marvel is just a disaster

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3605 on: May 08, 2015, 12:50:36 PM »

THIS SHIT IS CONFUSING

It also says "LAST DAYS" in big letters above the title.
:ufup

“What would you do if you learned today was your last day on Earth?” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “That’s the question your favorite Marvel heroes are going to ask themselves in their LAST DAYS story lines as they brace for Secret Wars and the end of the Marvel Universe.”

Battleworld is set to transform the Marvel Universe as you know it. But before Secret Wars can begin, this chapter may come to a close. What will our heroes do with their final hours? What secrets will be unearthed? Who will they want to spend their LAST DAYS with?

I would expect that to be the end of the series.  Will it start over?  No idea, but we already know that Ms. Marvel will be in the new Avengers book.
ど助平

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #3606 on: May 08, 2015, 12:52:03 PM »

THIS SHIT IS CONFUSING

I'd tell you, but it's a secret. :shh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3607 on: May 08, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »
That's what I don't get about it.  If they hate X-Men now so much because of the movies, just get rid of them.  I mean, it won't work and the Inhumans are never going to work as a replacement, but hey.
ど助平

« Reply #3608 on: May 08, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »
If they canceled xmen, I'd finally be free from comics. I'd just occasionally re-read my copy of xmen lifedeath  :'(

Himu

« Reply #3609 on: May 08, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »

Entirely true.  The "last days" branding is just being used for comics with settings that take place before Secret Wars, I.E. what happens to these characters right before the event starts.

I would expect that to be the end of the series.  Will it start over?  No idea, but we already know that Ms. Marvel will be in the new Avengers book.

BTW, Ms Marvel is NOT one of the books Marvel is killing off. So I'm safe.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3610 on: May 08, 2015, 01:09:30 PM »
BTW, Ms Marvel is NOT one of the books Marvel is killing off. So I'm safe.

They're starting everything over AFAIK.  The only mention of Ms. Marvel I've seen is this:

And wow, Kid Nova, Spider-Miles, and Ms. Marvel are totally out of place on that team.  Too young.  Why not make a new Young Avengers book with them or something?
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #3611 on: May 08, 2015, 01:17:25 PM »
Yeah, I've got that ish.

These are all the books Marvel is ending for Secret Wars. Ms Marvel's not on the list, and further, she's just starting to get into her story.

All-New Captain America
    All-New Ghost Rider
    All-New X-Men
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Amazing X-Men
    Angela: Asgard’s Assassin
    Avengers
    Avengers World
    Captain Marvel
    Cyclops
    Deadpool
    Elektra
    Fantastic Four
    Guardians 3000
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Hulk
    Inhuman
    Iron Fist: The Living Weapon
    Legendary Star-Lord
    Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man
    New Avengers
    Nightcrawler
    Nova
    Rocket Raccoon
    Secret Avengers
    Spider-Man & The X-Men
    Spider-Man 2099
    Storm
    Superior Iron Man
    Thor
    Uncanny X-Men
    Wolverines
    X-Men
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3612 on: May 08, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »
That's an old list.  Some of those books already ended like a month ago.
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3613 on: May 08, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
...So just read the X-Men.

You're missing what I'm getting at. For me to read the X-men now, I have to go through 50+ issues of cross-overs and other bullshit when most of the time those cross-overs are only 1-2 issues and probably could just be referenced in future issues as a "hey, remember that time where <<Cross over happens>>?"

Instead, we have to buy X-men #5908305 and #0983405834058340 for Secret Wars AND buy the main Secret Wars thing to even get a sense of what the fuck X-men #0958063805348 was going on about.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3614 on: May 08, 2015, 01:21:37 PM »
...So just read the X-Men.

You're missing what I'm getting at. For me to read the X-men now, I have to go through 50+ issues of cross-overs and other bullshit when most of the time those cross-overs are only 1-2 issues and probably could just be referenced in future issues as a "hey, remember that time where <<Cross over happens>>?"

Instead, we have to buy X-men #5908305 and #0983405834058340 for Secret Wars AND buy the main Secret Wars thing to even get a sense of what the fuck X-men #0958063805348 was going on about.

I know what you're saying.  And I'm saying that you don't have to go through 50+ issues of cross-overs.  If you don't care about the few X-Men crossover issues...skip them.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #3615 on: May 08, 2015, 01:26:26 PM »
Kill.

Crossovers.

They're shit.

IYKYK

« Reply #3616 on: May 08, 2015, 01:30:20 PM »
X-Men centric crossovers are great.

Inferno  :rejoice

Mutant Massacre :rejoice

Fall of the Mutants :rejoice

X-Cutioner's Song :rejoice

Age of Apocalypse :rejoice

Operation Zero Tolerance :rejoice

Messiah Complex :rejoice

Age of X :rejoice

Like if you don't stan down for X-overs, what is your life. The peak of comics tbh.

Himu

« Reply #3617 on: May 08, 2015, 01:34:56 PM »
Messiah Complex sucks.
IYKYK

« Reply #3618 on: May 08, 2015, 01:40:36 PM »
Messiah Complex sucks.

Madrox and Layla getting sent into the future? Bishop destroying the mansion? Predator X eating the dead x-kids in the graveyard? Mystique's crazy plan all coming together and saving Rogue from the Hecatomb?? It was incredible! The trilogy was ruined by those POS Messiah War and Second Coming, but MC is probably the best X-Over since AoA.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3619 on: May 08, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
X-Men centric crossovers are great.

Inferno  :rejoice

I couldn't get through most of this.  The tie-ins (which were not X-Men related) were especially bad.

Mutant Massacre :rejoice

Never read this.   :-[

Fall of the Mutants :rejoice

Ditto.  :-[

X-Cutioner's Song :rejoice

Don't really remember it.

Age of Apocalypse :rejoice

Overrated as fuck, but fun.
Operation Zero Tolerance :rejoice

???

Messiah Complex :rejoice

Yes!  I liked the the whole Messiah trilogy, in fact.  Good read.

Age of X :rejoice

Meh.

You're also leaving out some stuff.  That old Phalanx story which introduced Generation X, Fatal Attractions, and the crossover storyline with the X-men/X-Factor/New Mutants where they went to Genosha and fought Cameron Hodge.  Forgot the name of it.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3620 on: May 08, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
Kill.

Crossovers.

They're shit.

I don't get why they just don't make these big event books and keep them all self-contained.  IIRC DC did exactly that with Blackest Night.  You had the main Blackest Night comics, then all the tie-ins were their own self-contained Blackest Night miniseries.  Just do this and leave the regular books alone.  You can still have the regular series get an issue or two that deals with the fallout from the events.  That's fine.

But then it might be too difficult with huge, "world-changing" storylines.  At least keep stuff self-contained.

Messiah Complex sucks.

:ufup
ど助平

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #3621 on: May 08, 2015, 01:47:10 PM »
X-Cutioner's Song :whew

Himu

« Reply #3622 on: May 08, 2015, 01:49:59 PM »
Messiah Complex sucks.

(Image removed from quote.)

Madrox and Layla getting sent into the future? Bishop destroying the mansion? Predator X eating the dead x-kids in the graveyard? Mystique's crazy plan all coming together and saving Rogue from the Hecatomb?? It was incredible! The trilogy was ruined by those POS Messiah War and Second Coming, but MC is probably the best X-Over since AoA.

The best thing to come from Messiah Complex was X-Factor Investigations :rejoice

I'm not a big fan of MC, but at the very least, I always respect how unlike other comics, actions have gravitas within the world of X-Men. Messiah Complex's effects can still be felt today in the current X-Men lineup due to Mutants being nearly extinct. That's almost 10 years, amazing.

IYKYK

« Reply #3623 on: May 08, 2015, 01:51:13 PM »
Yeah, I left out a few like Phalanx Covenant (RIP Blink) and X-Tinction Agenda is the Genosha one. Also the godawful ones like Muir Island Saga, Ages of Apocalypse, Onslaught and Necrosha  :yuck :lol

X-Cutioner's song is the nonstop climax action fuckery when Stryfe kills Xavier and ruins the X-Men's lives because he wants to be a real boy.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3624 on: May 08, 2015, 01:55:29 PM »
Yeah, I left out a few like Phalanx Covenant (RIP Blink) and X-Tinction Agenda is the Genosha one. Also the godawful ones like Muir Island Saga, Ages of Apocalypse, Onslaught and Necrosha  :yuck :lol

RIP BLINK

WAIT

WE MEAN BLINK ACTUALLY WENT TO THE NEGATIVE ZONE

AND THEN POPPED UP IN EXILES

BECAUSE WHY NOT

NO WAIT

THAT WAS THE AOA BLINK

BUT 616 BLINK

YEAH

WE BROUGHT HER BACK TOO

AS A VILLAIN

BECAUSE WHY NOT

I don't remember what "Ages Of Apocalypse" is either.  I kind of liked Necrosha though.   :-[ 

X-Cutioner's song is the nonstop climax action fuckery when Stryfe kills Xavier and ruins the X-Men's lives because he wants to be a real boy.

I should re-read it.  Have the original comics stored away somewhere.
ど助平

Yulwei

« Reply #3625 on: May 08, 2015, 02:00:53 PM »
Of all the X-Men crossovers I've read Messiah complex was def the best. Then again I think AoA is hot trash so my taste may be suspect.

Tasty

« Reply #3626 on: May 08, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »

Because what we have now been told by multiple sources is that the X-Men will discover that the Inhuman Terragenesis mists kills mutants. And with it circling the globe, the X-Men and mutantkind choose to leave the Earth, go onto space, and found a brand new world.

It was a while ago that we first reported that it was Marvel’s wish that the Inhumans replace mutants in the Marvel universe. I just never guessed it would never actually be enacted so literally.
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #3627 on: May 08, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »
I can't see that X-Men plotline being accepted if it's true.

Fanboys will rage, and Marvel will just go "We could just cancel it instead.  Read Inhumans."  :smug
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #3628 on: May 08, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »

[close]

:rofl
IYKYK

« Reply #3629 on: May 08, 2015, 02:30:34 PM »
bork, you should make Mutant Massacre and Fall of the Mutants next on your reading list. They are so fucking good, especially Fall of the Mutants. It might be the best x-over ever.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3630 on: May 08, 2015, 02:43:40 PM »
I'll give 'em a shot, I guess.  Although that particular period of time is not one I'm fond of.  Was never into the...fallout...of fall of the mutants with them in Australia and that stupid Siege Perilous shit, AKA why the fuck did they feel the need to make Psylocke Asian instead of just introducing a new Asian ninja-mutant-lady character?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3631 on: May 08, 2015, 02:49:10 PM »
While on the subject, I never cared for the New Mutants, either.  Sorry, just didn't care.  Started reading their stuff when the book changed to X-Force with Rob LOLfield art.  I know Chris Claremont created that team, but I still remember it seeming like he was putting them down by having Kitty Pryde constantly refer to them as "The X-Babies."   :lol  Reminds of something Vince McMahon would do, with the way RAW used to put down Smackdown!.
ど助平

« Reply #3632 on: May 08, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
Fall of the Mutants is pre-Australia. It's the event that leads to the Australian X-Men era and sets up Magik's dark side and Inferno a couple years later.

I love New Mutants :-[ It was so innocent and charmingly out-of-touch. Danielle Moonstar being this angry Native American who didn't trust "white eyes" like Xavier and rebelled by wearing her Cheyenne fashion belt which was strictly against dress code.  Then there was Roberto Dacosta was this arrogant Brazilian soccer star who went around screaming "Madonna!" while Wolfsbane was the poster child of cartoonish religious oppression. I loved every minute of that stereotype clusterfuck. I'm not even going to start with Karma and Cannonball :lol

X-Force was good too, I think it was probably the most consistently good X-Comic in the 90s. Didn't care for Liefeld's early days, but when Nicieza took over, it was awesome. Loeb and JF Moore's runs were really great too. It's a shame what Warren Ellis did to those poor mutants.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3633 on: May 08, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
Fall of the Mutants is pre-Australia. It's the event that leads to the Australian X-Men era and sets up Magik's dark side and Inferno a couple years later.

I know...that's why I said the "fallout of fall of the mutants."   :P
I love New Mutants :-[ It was so innocent and charmingly out-of-touch. Danielle Moonstar being this angry Native American who didn't trust "white eyes" like Xavier and rebelled by wearing her Cheyenne fashion belt which was strictly against dress code.  Then there was Roberto Dacosta was this arrogant Brazilian soccer star who went around screaming "Madonna!" while Wolfsbane was the poster child of cartoonish religious oppression. I loved every minute of that stereotype clusterfuck. I'm not even going to start with Karma and Cannonball :lol

I think my problem with that team stems from their powers.  I just didn't think most of them were as cool as what the X-Men had.  I like the way Sunspot looks when transformed, though.  Cypher was the worst in that regard but I guess they got around that with Warlock acting like his "armor" later on.

X-Force was good too, I think it was probably the most consistently good X-Comic in the 90s. Didn't care for Liefeld's early days, but when Nicieza took over, it was awesome. Loeb and JF Moore's runs were really great too. It's a shame what Warren Ellis did to those poor mutants.

I quit reading Marvel around 1995 and didn't start again until maybe 2003 or 2004.  I read that X-Force got pretty good during a time when most Marvel comics were shit.
ど助平

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #3634 on: May 08, 2015, 08:24:01 PM »
I know this has nothing to do with the current convo but Himu brought up The Incal in the GAF thread and I always thought it's shame people never bring up the prequel or sequel along with it. Now inb4 cuz they're worse/shit because they're good stuff, if you liked the first one, you'd like the other parts. I can only assume they don't know about the other installments, it's just that to me to read The Incal, is to read the entire series because they all inform one another and build from it.

http://www.amazon.com/Realist-Asaf-Hanuka/dp/1608866882/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431130864&sr=8-1&keywords=the+realist

I'm like halfway through this, it's pretty nice.

Another note I'm I using "they're" correctly? I keep thinking i should be using "their good" but that doesn't right to me. I just dunno.
Boo

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #3635 on: May 08, 2015, 08:32:23 PM »
double post and everything but on Secret Wars: i noticed that marvel hasn't put out a preview for issue 2, they do so every Friday on CBR for next weeks new releases but they didn't show anything for Secret Wars #2 and I think that's so cool. It really sells the "this is serious, gamechanger shit going down". You have no idea whats gonna happen next week, it's cool.
Boo

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3636 on: May 08, 2015, 09:00:15 PM »
Exiles was hot, Blink was hot.  :(

parallax

« Reply #3637 on: May 08, 2015, 09:03:07 PM »
Exiles was hot, Blink was hot.  :(

exiles had a pretty dope run. kinda wish tj would have stuck around more

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3638 on: May 09, 2015, 12:25:15 AM »
X-Cutioner's Song :whew

That was my shit back in the day. I think that was the first crossover I actually followed. Dem polybagged issues and trading cards. :lawd
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3639 on: May 09, 2015, 02:16:01 AM »
The way they treat the xmen rofl. Marvel is just a disaster

It's gotta be down to movie money. Marvel is doing weird stuff to cut the legs out from the cinema properties not controlled by Disney.

bluemax

« Reply #3640 on: May 09, 2015, 06:44:57 AM »
It really is kind of sad that Doctor Strange never got better writing or better writers in general. The best I've read of him was a relatively recent retelling of his origin story. And even that was just pretty alright.

Grantland had a pretty thorough write up on the history of Dr Strange and his different eras awhile back. If It wasnt almost 4am Id go link it.
NO

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #3641 on: May 09, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »
I've actually been reading Exiles since someone brought it up. It's pretty fun so far, like an X-men Quantum Leap.
WDW

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3642 on: May 11, 2015, 03:24:50 AM »
I've actually been reading Exiles since someone brought it up. It's pretty fun so far, like an X-men Quantum Leap.
It's one of the few mainstream company series where I actually got feels regarding some of the characters, since they could actually "kill them" by sending them home. And the mystery was good for the first part of the series. And they got to jump into a bunch of alternate universes that didn't have to be fully fleshed out and built up, just enough for that story and then they moved on. So your interest was peaked and left you wondering. And if you weren't familiar with series or teams or characters or whatever they did a good job giving you what you needed to know.

I came across it by accident years ago and wound up pouring through it quickly because of basically how you described it. The New Exiles was never satisfactory though.

One reason I loved Booster Gold's late series was that it was basically a DC version of Exiles. Only with Booster fucking Gold.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3643 on: May 11, 2015, 09:07:14 AM »
Exiles was a lot of fun, yeah.  I read through and enjoyed pretty much the whole run of the first series.  Could not get into the follow and the newer series that replaced it after that, though.

Exiles was basically What If? but with a group of characters traveling to and interacting with the alternate realities.  The short-lived X-Treme X-Men series with Dazzler as the main character was also similar.  Worth checking out if you want more.
ど助平

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #3644 on: May 12, 2015, 12:47:44 AM »
Lady Thor has been revealed

Spoilers obviously
[close]
WDW

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3645 on: May 13, 2015, 12:27:19 AM »
Squirrel girl is bad?

No, it's pretty great.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3646 on: May 13, 2015, 08:34:31 AM »
Hate the art on Squirrel Girl.

Re: Thor.  That reveal is kinda "eh" to me.  The only thing that would be cool is if that spills over into the movies and we get Natalie Portman-Thor.
ど助平

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #3647 on: May 13, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »
Spurrier's Legacy and X-Force is over

The X-Men line no longer matters folks

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3648 on: May 13, 2015, 03:56:35 PM »
The X-Men line hasn't mattered for a loooooooooooong time.  With so many bad or forgettable stories, it's like the WWE of comic books where you keep wishing for the good ol' days.
ど助平

Junpei the Tracer!

« Reply #3649 on: May 13, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
Secret Wars #2 was pretty cool.
Boo

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #3650 on: May 13, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »
Ms. Marvel continues to be kawaii with Miyazawa on art  :uguu

If this book gets cancelled and Captain Mediocre survives yet again, I'm writing a stern email to the Marvel offices  >:(

« Reply #3651 on: May 13, 2015, 04:50:05 PM »
I never cared for Spurrier's X-Men Legacy. Legion is a garbage character.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #3652 on: May 13, 2015, 11:08:32 PM »
I never cared for Spurrier's X-Men Legacy. Legion is a garbage character.
That run made me care about him  :'(

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #3653 on: May 15, 2015, 02:57:26 AM »
Is Whedon's X-Men run any good? I'm hitting up a used bookstore tomorrow and want to grab some trades.

Bebpo

« Reply #3654 on: May 15, 2015, 03:07:23 AM »
Is Whedon's X-Men run any good? I'm hitting up a used bookstore tomorrow and want to grab some trades.

It's fun in a simple Saturday morning cartoon way,

...and Wolverine really likes beer in it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3655 on: May 15, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »
Secret Wars #2 was pretty cool.

They should have made Secret Wars #1 a #0 issue and Secret Wars #2 should have been the 'real' start of this series.  Completely different tone than the first issue.  Was pretty cool.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3656 on: May 16, 2015, 05:31:18 PM »
Picked up some funny books today for a little light reading later:

dog

Tasty

« Reply #3657 on: May 16, 2015, 06:50:12 PM »
I need to get on Descender. Dustin Nguyen is an art-god.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #3658 on: May 22, 2015, 02:59:34 AM »
A Punisher/Dr. Strange fusion is something I never knew I needed

http://imgur.com/a/c5WnC

From Secret Wars: Battleworld #1
WDW

Bebpo

« Reply #3659 on: May 24, 2015, 04:54:11 AM »
Some comics I read in over the last few weeks:

Elektra - Finished the 36 or so issue run and it was fairly good, at least in a very entertaining way, but it was weird how you're reading a comic where the my character is a psychopath who murders dozens of innocent people left and right along her trail of destruction, horrible horrible person and then they start to try to redeem her so you feel less grossed out about her being the main character of a series but then in the end she goes back to being a horrible murder who will stab a guy in the face if he says hi to her when she's in a bad mood.  I'd enjoy Elektra more as an anti-hero, but as a fucked up murdering psychopath...not so much a fan.

Inhumans (2000) 4 issue run - zzzzzzzz, the 1998 run was ok, but this little saga with RONIN THE DESTROYER was boring and way too packed with space war stuff in 4 issues.

Fantastic Four 51-55 - Ties into the Inhumans thing, where the Inhumans split off and need a place to stay.  Was fine, I enjoy FF a good deal from what I've read.

Young Inhumans 1-12 (2003-2004) - This was solid.  Didn't think I'd care about Inhumans spinoff but Aleri the football jock guy was great and it was an enjoyable read.

Avengers pre 2004 - Just been reading some of the arcs from 1998-2004 Avengers run, read through the big Ultron one today where he murders an entire country.  Honestly I think Avengers kind of sucks compared to individual superhero comics.  It's just way too packed and every 2 issues is avengers fighting some new villian and it struggles so hard to give all the characters room to breathe and have lots of mindless action.  I dunno, I find that Avengers comics just kind of give me a headache.  I like the characters who make up the avengers, just as a group ehh.

Next up is Thor: Death of Odin (#36-43 in 2001) and Thor Son of Asgard 1-12.  Looking forward to it since I've liked most Thor stuff I've read.