Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3081108 times)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #33480 on: January 03, 2024, 02:38:50 PM »

Himu

« Reply #33481 on: January 03, 2024, 02:48:13 PM »
Man I want to make a game.
Do it.  That's one of my new year's resolutions.  Tired talking about a game (to my family) that's been swimming around in my head for almost 20 years now.  If I don't try and get this out finally, or at least try, what's the point of dreams?   

Enough thinking, time to start doing.  :cruise

That being said, I think at this point I'm set on Godot for the engine.  There was a thread somewhere in the super deep, but I hardly ever go there to look for it.  :doge

Mine is simple and a 2d game that takes place in a 3d space. I heard to get Scratch to learn code and how to game program.

Bork would love my game. It has titties and ass.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #33482 on: January 03, 2024, 03:53:31 PM »
Do it.  That's one of my new year's resolutions.  Tired talking about a game (to my family) that's been swimming around in my head for almost 20 years now.  If I don't try and get this out finally, or at least try, what's the point of dreams?   

That being said, I think at this point I'm set on Godot for the engine.  There was a thread somewhere in the super deep, but I hardly ever go there to look for it.  :doge

Mine is simple and a 2d game that takes place in a 3d space. I heard to get Scratch to learn code and how to game program.

Get chatgpt to code for you.  Mine is a 2D platformer akin to Gunstar Heroes and Strider/Valis.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33483 on: January 03, 2024, 05:08:31 PM »
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33484 on: January 04, 2024, 10:07:15 PM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 05:47:13 AM by D3RANG3D »

Himu

« Reply #33485 on: January 05, 2024, 02:40:59 AM »

Get chatgpt to code for you.  Mine is a 2D platformer akin to Gunstar Heroes and Strider/Valis.

Nah, using Ai to make art. Yuck. Good luck on your game. Sounds cool
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33486 on: January 05, 2024, 03:02:24 AM »
My game is inspired by Nights but I want to jazz it up with LSD and a bit of Sexy Parodius.

IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #33487 on: January 05, 2024, 09:54:42 AM »

Nah, using Ai to make art. Yuck. Good luck on your game. Sounds cool
Thanks!  And yeah, I agree.  I'm doing the art and animation myself.  Just suggesting it for C# scripting.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33488 on: January 06, 2024, 12:35:54 PM »

ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33489 on: January 08, 2024, 01:29:50 PM »
Looks like the console war is over.

Xbox is going third party starting with former exclusive Xbox games releasing on Switch and PS5 and day 1 multiplatform releases later.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #33490 on: January 08, 2024, 04:13:57 PM »
Looks like the console war is over.

Xbox is going third party starting with former exclusive Xbox games releasing on Switch and PS5 and day 1 multiplatform releases later.

Someone please tell me what the fuck Nintex is talking about.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33491 on: January 08, 2024, 06:34:47 PM »
Sea of Thieves is coming to PS5 (Switch rumored too but I don't see how it runs on there  :doge )
HiFi Rush is coming to PS5 (not coming to Switch anymore? I think they'll just hold this one back until Switch 2)

Xbox is dead in the water in Europe and Japan. Trailing in the US too. They dropped GamePass subscriber growth as the main KPI(the churn is crazy btw) and are now back to good old revenue.

Digital Foundry bought a used Xbox Series S in perfect condition for 65 pounds (~$80). Microsoft won't drop Xbox right away but will simply start to release games on more platforms.

What else can they do, they have all these studios working on games with 4 - 8 year development cycles if not longer after multiple reboots.
They have studios working on Disney (Indiana Jones/Star Wars/Marvel) content and some of their games already sell better on competing platforms (Minecraft) plus they're legally forced to sell Call of Duty on all platforms anyway (including Nintendo platforms).
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33492 on: January 08, 2024, 06:48:34 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33493 on: January 08, 2024, 10:19:04 PM »

They copied the Ally design hard- right down to the button placement!
:dead
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #33494 on: January 09, 2024, 12:15:51 AM »
What notable laptop maker is left? Alienware/Dell and Razer? Clevo?

Good chance asus drops a redesigned Ally this year, too.

Himu

« Reply #33495 on: January 09, 2024, 12:47:23 AM »
Sea of Thieves is coming to PS5 (Switch rumored too but I don't see how it runs on there  :doge )
HiFi Rush is coming to PS5 (not coming to Switch anymore? I think they'll just hold this one back until Switch 2)

Xbox is dead in the water in Europe and Japan. Trailing in the US too. They dropped GamePass subscriber growth as the main KPI(the churn is crazy btw) and are now back to good old revenue.

Digital Foundry bought a used Xbox Series S in perfect condition for 65 pounds (~$80). Microsoft won't drop Xbox right away but will simply start to release games on more platforms.

What else can they do, they have all these studios working on games with 4 - 8 year development cycles if not longer after multiple reboots.
They have studios working on Disney (Indiana Jones/Star Wars/Marvel) content and some of their games already sell better on competing platforms (Minecraft) plus they're legally forced to sell Call of Duty on all platforms anyway (including Nintendo platforms).

Sony puts their shit on steam and that fucking cat game Stray is on Xbox now but no one is crying Chicken Little and going,"Sony is turning third party."
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33496 on: January 10, 2024, 10:25:17 AM »

:beli :comeon
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #33497 on: January 10, 2024, 11:10:07 AM »
What notable laptop maker is left? Alienware/Dell and Razer? Clevo?

Good chance asus drops a redesigned Ally this year, too.

Lenovo. I quite like my Legion as a midmarket gaming laptop.
^_^

Polident Hive

« Reply #33498 on: January 11, 2024, 02:36:12 AM »
On Lenovo laptops, I saw a video on their CES laptops and whether it’s the state of PC gaming stagnation or hardware getting efficient, their non-gaming laptops seem more than capable. That’s while being relatively thin and quiet and no rgb gamer aesthetic.

A quiet laptop that an play games is the dream. Mine was considered a quiet option years back and when the fans kick in, it’s a lot. I try using various tools to get it running well under its limit to keep fans at a reasonable level.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33499 on: January 11, 2024, 07:03:33 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33500 on: January 11, 2024, 07:06:11 PM »
On Lenovo laptops, I saw a video on their CES laptops and whether it’s the state of PC gaming stagnation or hardware getting efficient, their non-gaming laptops seem more than capable. That’s while being relatively thin and quiet and no rgb gamer aesthetic.

A quiet laptop that an play games is the dream. Mine was considered a quiet option years back and when the fans kick in, it’s a lot. I try using various tools to get it running well under its limit to keep fans at a reasonable level.

To my understanding, the non-gaming laptops from all the various makers are not going to give you the level of performance that a gaming one would.  Those fans kicking in are helping out a lot.  I've seen some CES videos from this year with people talking about the various laptops being quieter. But then again they always seem to say that. This year there seems to be a focus on making some of these gaming laptops, thinner and lighter, but also less powerful than last year.  I think it's a good that Asus got rid of the 4080 and 4090 option for the g14. That was a complete waste. That little chassis can't handle them.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33501 on: January 11, 2024, 09:21:48 PM »
https://insider-gaming.com/exclusive-3-more-sega-classics-are-set-to-make-their-return/

Outrun, House Of The Dead, and (Kid?) Chameleon!

:tauntaunOUTRUN OUTRUN OUTRUN OUTRUN OUTRUN OUTRUN OUTRUN OUTRUN OUTRUN OUTRUN :tauntaun
That drop at 2:13 :lawd

Polident Hive

« Reply #33502 on: January 12, 2024, 04:41:05 AM »

To my understanding, the non-gaming laptops from all the various makers are not going to give you the level of performance that a gaming one would.  Those fans kicking in are helping out a lot.  I've seen some CES videos from this year with people talking about the various laptops being quieter. But then again they always seem to say that. This year there seems to be a focus on making some of these gaming laptops, thinner and lighter, but also less powerful than last year.  I think it's a good that Asus got rid of the 4080 and 4090 option for the g14. That was a complete waste. That little chassis can't handle them.

Just in terms of power draw, the non gaming options tend to opt for USB C charging. Which has gotten up there at 140w. But gaming laptops seem to range from 230w to 400w. Some do the double brick thing to pull even more power. So different laptops can list a 4070 but they are wildly different in terms of performance.

For my purposes of having the best of both worlds, maybe the trade off is worth it. For modern games I’m aiming for 1440p at 60fps. That seems viable but waiting on some more impressions. The storage thing is a hang up. As much as large sized SSDs have dropped in price, it’s still more cost effective to run two drives.

The other thing I see out of CES are higher and higher refresh rate monitors up to 360hz. That whole multiplayer scene is beyond me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33503 on: January 12, 2024, 09:11:48 AM »
Just in terms of power draw, the non gaming options tend to opt for USB C charging. Which has gotten up there at 140w. But gaming laptops seem to range from 230w to 400w. Some do the double brick thing to pull even more power. So different laptops can list a 4070 but they are wildly different in terms of performance.

For my purposes of having the best of both worlds, maybe the trade off is worth it. For modern games I’m aiming for 1440p at 60fps. That seems viable but waiting on some more impressions. The storage thing is a hang up. As much as large sized SSDs have dropped in price, it’s still more cost effective to run two drives.

Yes, that's definitely a big factor- when I had the Asus Z13 Acronym with a 4070, but it only clocked in at 65w IIRC.  If a game had DLSS support, this was totally fine and 1440P/1600P at 60 FPS or higher was doable, but for the best performance 1080P/1200P worked much better.  This is generally the case for all these machines though- my Blade 14 has its 4070 at 100w (they claim up to 140 but lol yeah sure) and gets better performance, but even then I tend to drop down to 1200P for a lot more frames.  This isn't a problem if you're gaming on the laptop itself but would be more noticeable on a larger monitor.

The other thing I see out of CES are higher and higher refresh rate monitors up to 360hz. That whole multiplayer scene is beyond me.

They have monitors up to 500hz now IIRC, lol.  I think it was an OLED that was 360hz which is new.  Unless you're doing the pro esports thing, it doesn't matter once you're at 120hz IMO.  But I'm not complaining that my monitor and laptop screens go at higher refresh rates!

Did you ever look into a handheld like the Asus Ally or Lenovo Legion Go?  Those could also end up working really well for you.
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #33504 on: January 12, 2024, 11:12:56 AM »
https://insider-gaming.com/exclusive-3-more-sega-classics-are-set-to-make-their-return/

Does Outrun need a remake? I put over 3 hours in already on the Switch version and only got to stage 4 I think. Still good.

think what we really need is some good versions of Sega Rally, Daytona,  Star Wars Arcade, Panzer Dragoon Saga (lol)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 11:17:09 AM by Cerveza mas fina »

Himu

« Reply #33505 on: January 12, 2024, 05:40:29 PM »
Outrun has a sequel and it's fucking amazing. Outrun 2006 and Outrun 2 hnnng

A new Outrun with modern graphics :lawd
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #33506 on: January 12, 2024, 05:53:31 PM »
fair enough himu, id also buy it

just meant to say that og outrun is out there and available and still good but sega rally and stuff is not :(

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #33507 on: January 12, 2024, 07:25:29 PM »

Himu

« Reply #33508 on: January 12, 2024, 07:32:48 PM »
fair enough himu, id also buy it

just meant to say that og outrun is out there and available and still good but sega rally and stuff is not :(

Outrun is definitely a classic but there have been multiple sequels.

Check this out. 2 is a masterpiece.

How you been? I'd kill for a Sega Rally with modern graphics.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 07:38:58 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #33509 on: January 12, 2024, 08:42:35 PM »
I'd be all about more Sega Rally, but there's so many other really good WRC games with arcade modes already..  OutRun on the other hand, nobody does cool ass vibes with massive drift gameplay like OutRun.  Coast 2 Coast and 2, hoooo I played the ever living shit out of those.  So good!!

Will be devil's advocate and say Daytona never jived with me... Never understood why people loved it so much... Besides the intro music. Needless to say, Nascar is an abomination of motorsports.
Sega Rally and OutRun.. all day long!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #33510 on: January 13, 2024, 02:35:52 AM »
Oh man I think I got Outrun 2006 on Steam, if only I had a steam deck!

Daytona is good stuff, first track is what people remember but the other ones were really good.

@Himu: all good, bit older, bit fatter, still married with children, wbu?

Polident Hive

« Reply #33511 on: January 13, 2024, 03:16:42 AM »
Outrun 2 is one of those perfect games. Must’ve bought it four or five times over the years across Xbox, psp, pc, Xbox 360. Would buy it again give the chance. Switch port. PS5. Even iOS.

Yes, that's definitely a big factor- when I had the Asus Z13 Acronym with a 4070, but it only clocked in at 65w IIRC.  If a game had DLSS support, this was totally fine and 1440P/1600P at 60 FPS or higher was doable, but for the best performance 1080P/1200P worked much better.  This is generally the case for all these machines though- my Blade 14 has its 4070 at 100w (they claim up to 140 but lol yeah sure) and gets better performance, but even then I tend to drop down to 1200P for a lot more frames.  This isn't a problem if you're gaming on the laptop itself but would be more noticeable on a larger monitor.

They have monitors up to 500hz now IIRC, lol.  I think it was an OLED that was 360hz which is new.  Unless you're doing the pro esports thing, it doesn't matter once you're at 120hz IMO.  But I'm not complaining that my monitor and laptop screens go at higher refresh rates!

Did you ever look into a handheld like the Asus Ally or Lenovo Legion Go?  Those could also end up working really well for you.

Messed around with the Legion Go in stores and it feels great. If I didn’t have a Steam Deck, that’d be my approach. As it is, I’m very pleased with my Deck, and short of going full hog with the Ally and external GPU, the advantages aren’t enough to avoid redundancy.

Another thing I’m seeing at CES of potential interest are major vendors making gaming NUCs. Laptop components in a small case, ideally with better cooling, less noise, and cheaper since no battery or screen. Pairing that with a portable monitor could work. Unless I have longer term accommodations, my dream device is essentially a 16” to 18” thick gaming tablet/AIO. That asus gaming tablet but huge.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33512 on: January 13, 2024, 05:47:29 PM »

Does Outrun need a remake? I put over 3 hours in already on the Switch version and only got to stage 4 I think. Still good.

think what we really need is some good versions of Sega Rally, Daytona,  Star Wars Arcade, Panzer Dragoon Saga (lol)

Outrun 2 shits all over the original- if they were to just do a new port of that to current platforms, I'd be totally fine with that.  As it is now, it's easy enough to emulate the console versions (and I think the arcade now?) and I can always just reinstall the PC version, but I don't have it on Steam and would love to have it in that library. :lawd
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33513 on: January 13, 2024, 05:48:38 PM »
Another thing I’m seeing at CES of potential interest are major vendors making gaming NUCs. Laptop components in a small case, ideally with better cooling, less noise, and cheaper since no battery or screen. Pairing that with a portable monitor could work. Unless I have longer term accommodations, my dream device is essentially a 16” to 18” thick gaming tablet/AIO. That asus gaming tablet but huge.

This type of thing could also work really well for me too, since I rarely use laptops on battery.  Not having to worry about bloat issues sounds good.  On the flip side, this would be something that takes up a lot more space in a bag when traveling.

When it comes to the Legion Go, this is my one complaint- the case it comes with is great and protects the unit well, but it's so bulky.  I had to take my car in for service this morning and decided to throw the Go in a backpack to use while sitting waiting- the case took up a ridiculous amount of room.  It's like case bloat!  This isn't a problem with the Steam Deck and Ally since slimmer cases are available, but there's nothing like that for the Go yet.  However, since the controllers are removable, I decided to look into a recommended Reddit method of using two cases for it-

Just use an iPad mini sleeve for the Go:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

And this Epson portable scanner case for its controllers:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

The scanner case is still bulky, but takes up significantly less space.  Both these together were like fifteen bucks so hopefully this will work well until my bros at Tomtoc finally release a slim case for it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 05:56:17 PM by bork »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33514 on: January 14, 2024, 02:38:35 PM »
Said it before, but I need to reiterate how fucking dope a VR integration of OutRun would be.  Blazing through 2 mile long drifts, with the palm trees passing over you at 200kph with your woman at your side blowing hearts at you, while shifting gears.. ..the epitome of a Magical Sound Shower.
 :lawd :ohyeah :dsp

Polident Hive

« Reply #33515 on: January 15, 2024, 04:05:45 AM »
VR, resolution, and frame rate bumps are all I’d want from a modem port. No swapping models or revamping graphics. The aesthetic is timeless as is.

It’s possible the Ferrari license is a hang up. So if it comes to it, generic cars are whatever. If they go through that effort, it’d be fun to have customizable passengers from other Sega games. Maybe I want to go on a drive with Garam or Kiryu?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33516 on: January 15, 2024, 07:58:31 AM »
I just want Outrust Coast to Coast on Steam.
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33517 on: January 15, 2024, 10:07:15 AM »

It was on Steam and got removed years ago due to their Ferrari license expiring.  I'd be down to have the same game but with changed up car models to get around the license issues.  They have done this before when they modified the car sprite for Outrun on 3DS IIRC.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33518 on: January 16, 2024, 09:57:28 AM »
I have the pirated PC version but it doesnt work well, or at all with a controller. Sucks
What

Svejk

« Reply #33519 on: January 16, 2024, 11:40:07 AM »
I have the pirated PC version but it doesnt work well, or at all with a controller. Sucks
Same.  Weird it does that.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 12:56:10 PM by Svejk »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #33520 on: January 16, 2024, 01:27:50 PM »
I can get a 9 month old 512gb lcd deck with a 512gb sd card for 330 euro.

Still worth it in the oled era? Oled costs almost double at 569 euro.

It was on Steam and got removed years ago due to their Ferrari license expiring.  I'd be down to have the same game but with changed up car models to get around the license issues.  They have done this before when they modified the car sprite for Outrun on 3DS IIRC.

can I still download it if I bought it?

Polident Hive

« Reply #33521 on: January 17, 2024, 03:38:54 AM »
Yeah. I don’t think Steam removes your games even if they’re delisted. And I have it in my deck, so at least know you could as of last year.

On Deck versions, that’s a good deal. Side by side, the differences are noticeable between the models. It’s minor. Same as Switch to Switch OLED. But double the price? Probably not.

There’s actually a fan patch for Outrun 2 PC, fixes some broken effects and adds Xbox buttons. Couldn’t figure out how to get it working in Linux. Might give it another go later today.

edit: I gave it another go. I kind of got it working. Only in desktop mode, and it's finicky about control inputs, and can get stuck at a black screen. I'll stick with the un-modded version. It's perfectly playable as is. If I'm understanding the guides correctly, it's easier to work through using an "abandonware" (pirated) copy. Go figure.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 10:18:46 AM by Polident Hive »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Svejk

Svejk

« Reply #33524 on: January 18, 2024, 03:05:55 PM »
Avowed combat looks so bad... Wow. :kobeyuck

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33525 on: January 18, 2024, 03:22:16 PM »
The new Prince of Persia has been pretty solid so far. Like a mix between Metroid Dread and classic Prince of Persia obstacles.

Ubisoft needs to make more of these. How about a new Rayman in the UbiArt engine.

Svejk

« Reply #33526 on: January 18, 2024, 03:58:37 PM »
Indy looks like fun.. at least the first person combat looks better than Avowed.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33527 on: January 18, 2024, 04:37:23 PM »
- Avowed looks mid, Some kind of VR or mobile game that got ported to a controller?
Looks nothing like the original CG reveal. That quest they showed was hardly a quest.

- Indy looks pretty good for a licensed game but the graphics don't seem much improved compared to Wolfenstein II.
Also why do all these corporate infomercials pretend Indiana Jones is still this very big thing and Harrison Ford is still relevant?
Did losing $100 million on Indy 5 not teach them anything?

- Visions of Mana looks fun, and Square Enix employees literally dress like Kingdom Hearts characters apparently  :lol

- Ara, this segment took way too long and from what I can tell this game isn't geting much traction overall

- Hellblade looks good but also more on rails than the previous game even, is combat just QTE's? I can't tell.

What an abysmal line-up of soon not to be exclusives. Clearly this will be the biggest year of Xbox.  :doge
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33528 on: January 18, 2024, 05:18:52 PM »
Hellblade 2 is Digital Only at $50 . Looks like we won't see physical copies of first party titles on Xbox anymore.  :doge

Hellblade 2 is "similar in length" to the first game (7-8 hours) and will launch digital only at $49.99

wtf, that's 1 year of development time per hour of gameplay :dead
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 07:00:47 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33529 on: January 19, 2024, 04:29:49 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33530 on: January 19, 2024, 08:34:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/the_marmolade/status/1748473984440524905?t=TWVDaIGwERgHdsXppP0E3A&s=19

Starfield to be discounted to 3 cents, action funded by publisher
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #33531 on: January 19, 2024, 09:13:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/the_marmolade/status/1748473984440524905?t=TWVDaIGwERgHdsXppP0E3A&s=19

Starfield to be discounted to 3 cents, action funded by publisher
Wow.. that's one way to steamroll into the all digital/subscription age.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33532 on: January 20, 2024, 08:34:16 AM »
Nadella is putting his foot down it seems. We don't hear much from Spencer these days. 

I just don't think Nadella realizes that as a third party digital only publisher Microsoft would be C-tier.
7 year development cycle for a 7 hour Hellblade sequel, the latest Forza and HALO games being mid and their post-launch content drops for their GAAS efforts like Sea of Thieves are mediocre.

Even their back catalogue is not really exciting. Sure the Nintendies will love RARE Replay on their Switch and Forza Horizon and Gears of War could find an audience on PlayStation but beyond that :doge
🤴

Polident Hive

« Reply #33533 on: January 20, 2024, 09:10:14 AM »
Saw a trailer for Rise of the Ronin. Looked cool, from Team Ninja and the Nioh guy, PS5 exclusive published by Sony. Said it’s out in March.

Come home and searched for any other footage and there’s nothing else. The trailer dropped last month with a few seconds of gameplay. Starting with Nioh, Team Ninja had public beta tests for their game, usually responding well to feedback and tweaking for the release build. This is out soon with barely any footage and it’s their crack at an open world game.

Here’s hoping for the best…

Svejk

« Reply #33534 on: January 20, 2024, 11:01:08 AM »
Saw a trailer for Rise of the Ronin. Looked cool, from Team Ninja and the Nioh guy, PS5 exclusive published by Sony. Said it’s out in March.

Come home and searched for any other footage and there’s nothing else. The trailer dropped last month with a few seconds of gameplay. Starting with Nioh, Team Ninja had public beta tests for their game, usually responding well to feedback and tweaking for the release build. This is out soon with barely any footage and it’s their crack at an open world game.

Here’s hoping for the best…
Game will probably be cool as shit no doubt, but it will be committing Seppuku launching on the same day as Dragon's Dogma 2; March 22nd.

Svejk

« Reply #33535 on: January 22, 2024, 02:17:31 PM »
Bout damn time...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33536 on: January 22, 2024, 05:20:12 PM »
Bout damn time...

I can't  watch the video right now so apologies if this is answered in it. What is the point of  this? I mean can't you just put games on sd cards that you use with hacked Switches to begin with?
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #33537 on: January 22, 2024, 10:11:51 PM »
Bout damn time...

I can't  watch the video right now so apologies if this is answered in it. What is the point of  this? I mean can't you just put games on sd cards that you use with hacked Switches to begin with?
No need to hack the OS in anyway.  Just load and play.  Granted, the big "issue" he points out though, is in regards to new vs. used game dumps.  If you copy a dump yourself, then sell it, both copies could be banned essentially, if both eventually played online, since the unique code would be registered one way or the other.  He played in airplane mode in the video, so he was speculating... But who plays online with switch games anyhow, lolamiright?   :betty  Granted, it's still an early version that could use some work, but it's a finally reaching a level of ease like the R4 DS stuff. 

Svejk

« Reply #33538 on: January 24, 2024, 09:21:14 PM »
Wanted: Dead is getting a patch!  Only took a year...

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/01/madcap-action-game-wanted-dead-gets-an-update-almost-one-year-after-release

Biggest part of the patch for me, is them making a checkpoint for that first damn HQ Ninja you fight.  Shit was annoying.  Will totally jump back on this though.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33539 on: January 25, 2024, 01:15:16 PM »
🤴