Author Topic: Official NFL Thread: NFL Draft Weekend  (Read 296922 times)

Re: NFL Off Season - Tears For Fears
« Reply #1920 on: March 02, 2015, 11:22:15 AM »
Sorry, Suh. We can't afford you.

Not sure if I'd want him on the team anyway.
野球

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1921 on: March 03, 2015, 09:33:09 PM »

Chip Kelly :heh

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #1922 on: March 04, 2015, 07:50:03 AM »
Good trade by the Eagles.

McCoy is clearly starting his decline and Alonso if he recovers is a killer LB.

:yeshrug
YMMV

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1923 on: March 06, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/laron-landry-busted-again-for-peds--will-be-suspended-10-games-231016362.html

Well, I for one find this news shocking

Also, apparently Lynch is staying with the Seahawks, Reggie Wayne is done as a Colt, etc.
yar

dkdk

« Reply #1924 on: March 06, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
one day Landry will find the PED that makes him good at football.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1925 on: March 06, 2015, 08:21:08 PM »
Sounds like Suh is either staying or going to Miami. I hope he goes, based on the contract numbers being floated. 60mil guaranteed, 15-17mil a year...no thanks.

We could sign a vet DT, good CB, and get some OL depth in free agency with that money. Then draft the best DT available in the first round, pick up more OL depth in the second, grab an RB to replace Bush (this is a deep RB draft), etc.

TJ Yeldon or Jeremy Langford could be in the third round. Either would be nice RB pick ups. Alas I have a feeling our dumbass GM will take an RB in the first round...

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1926 on: March 08, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 24s24 seconds ago
Ndamukong Suh will sign with #Dolphins on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed, per sources.
WOW. Dolphins won't win shit long term.

Hate to see Suh go, I like him as a player...but at the same time I think we'll be better off long term and I'm glad we didn't give him that deal. In fact I'd imagine there are a lot of fans of different teams glad their front office didn't give him that deal.

The bigger issue I have is that the Lions bumbled Suh from the very beginning, starting with the rookie contract. Then they restructured his deal to make room for free agents, kicking the can down the road. If his cap hit was something reasonable like 12-13mil I would have been fine with franchising him. That didn't happen because our GM is an idiot. Who btw will probably draft an RB in the first round this year.

Now we have money to sign some FAs though, which is what I like. My priorities:

1. CB to replace Mathis. Don't chase Revis, just pick up a solid starter.

2. Vet DT. I wouldn't break the bank on a DT, and instead would just chase a solid vet. We should be able to get a good DT in the draft

3. OL. Stafford got murdered all season. I'm sure we'll pick an OL within the first three rounds of the draft but I'd be fine with picking one up through free agency as well.

No RB. Spiller is injury prone, I see no point in giving him shit. I'd rather draft Langford or Yeldon in the third round.

dkdk

« Reply #1927 on: March 08, 2015, 02:16:05 PM »
it's good Brady won his 5th ring before Suh came to murder him.

« Reply #1928 on: March 08, 2015, 07:50:11 PM »
My Powered by Skittles avatar is done for the season, but I'm happy knowing it will be back in the Fall.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1929 on: March 09, 2015, 08:41:21 AM »
Rumors swirling that the 49ers are trading Kaep for either Foles or Jay Cutler
:dead

the thought of Cutler throwing 8-10 INTs against Seattle alone in the regular season
:lawd

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1930 on: March 09, 2015, 08:42:39 AM »
Suh getting 60 million guaranteed  :lawd

Man NFL has gotten real crazy since I left. I think he's a good addition to the team but since they are losing both WR's I'm not so sure this isn't subtraction by addition.
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1931 on: March 09, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
My old agent has told me that the Browns are on the "no fucking chance" list for a lot of guys this season.

Already been turned down by Cole and Hartline.

Suck a fat one Ray Farmer, nobody likes you.
YMMV

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1932 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »

the thought of Cutler throwing 8-10 INTs against Seattle alone in the regular season

This better be BS.  :maf
edit:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477319/article/niners-gm-baalke-shoots-down-kaepernick-trade-rumor
"Colin is our quarterback and we are excited to have him," Baalke said. "He is not going anywhere. The media reports suggesting otherwise are without merit and, quite frankly, ridiculous.

It is. :whew
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1933 on: March 09, 2015, 09:49:16 AM »

This better be BS.  :maf

http://deadspin.com/49ers-deny-report-that-theyre-trying-to-trade-colin-kae-1690253353

It isn't. But on the bright side Cutler for Kaepernick would be the biggest trade of complete douchebags in NFL history. Fuck 'em both.
YMMV

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1934 on: March 09, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »
:tocry
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1935 on: March 09, 2015, 09:52:17 AM »
:tocry

Unsure what your attachment is to the guy. He barely passes for a mid tier QB and doesn't do enough to carry the 49ers anywhere long term.

Things he can fix:

Poor footwork
Staring down his main option
Getting along with his teammates

Things he can't fix:
He's dumb
He isn't accurate
His entire internet existence.

YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1936 on: March 09, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »
My attachment is that he is the qb of my favorite team. No other explanation is needed. He's exciting to watch. Sure, he has things to fix, but so do 29 other starting qb's in the league. Like most everyone else, you take the good with the bad.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1937 on: March 09, 2015, 10:15:46 AM »
My attachment is that he is the qb of my favorite team. No other explanation is needed. He's exciting to watch. Sure, he has things to fix, but so do 29 other starting qb's in the league. Like most everyone else, you take the good with the bad.

I'm telling you as much as you may hate him if you drop cutler on that team as built you win 2 games more because of it.
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1938 on: March 09, 2015, 10:19:23 AM »
I disagree. Going 8-8 last season had much more to do with 20+ players on IR than it did with Kaeps play.

Plus, if Cutler can't do it with 2 WR's that are better than our starting 2, he couldn't do better in SF.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1939 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:02 AM »
I disagree. Going 8-8 last season had much more to do with 20+ players on IR than it did with Kaeps play.

Plus, if Cutler can't do it with 2 WR's that are better than our starting 2, he couldn't do better in SF.

Lessee:

Kaepernick

60.5 CP  3,369 yds 19 tds 10 ints  86.4 rtg

Cutler

66.0 CP  3812 yds  28 tds  18 ints   88.6 rtg

Put Cutler with the receivers you have he increases every one of his stats. Puy Kaepernick on the bars and he reduces his.

:yeshrug

YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1940 on: March 09, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »
Cutler couldn't do much with Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte catching out the backfield. I'll take the Bears offensive weapons over the 49ers any day of the week.

:heh

Brehvolution

« Reply #1941 on: March 09, 2015, 10:33:46 AM »
Bears still went 5-11 though. :yeshrug

This will be a telling years though. New coach, OC, and DC. We will be able to see if Kaep is that bad or if the play calling had something to do with it.
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1942 on: March 09, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »

This will be a telling years though. New coach, OC, and DC. We will be able to see if Kaep is that bad or if the play calling had something to do with it.

Bears had no defense, breh.
YMMV

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1943 on: March 09, 2015, 10:46:16 AM »
I will say Cutler is better than Kaep but I don't think he fits their personnel. Especially if the 49ers lose Gore and Crabtree. If Cutler couldn't perform with great offensive weapons in Chicago I don't see how he'll do it with fewer weapons in San Fran.

My problem with Kaep is that he's not a student of the game. The NFL has pretty much figured out the read option to the point where only Russell Wilson has survived the purge; RG3 is done, Kaep's career is up in the air. I just don't think he can advance his game because he doesn't put the time in.

I don't mean to talk shit, yall know I don't fux with my QB either.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1944 on: March 09, 2015, 10:48:51 AM »
I will say Cutler is better than Kaep but I don't think he fits their personnel. Especially if the 49ers lose Gore and Crabtree. If Cutler couldn't perform with great offensive weapons in Chicago I don't see how he'll do it with fewer weapons in San Fran.

My problem with Kaep is that he's not a student of the game. The NFL has pretty much figured out the read option to the point where only Russell Wilson has survived the purge; RG3 is done, Kaep's career is up in the air. I just don't think he can advance his game because he doesn't put the time in.

I don't mean to talk shit, yall know I don't fux with my QB either.

Look on the bright side, at least you're not starring down the barrel of a Manziel/McCown future breh.  :tocry
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1945 on: March 09, 2015, 10:55:23 AM »

Bears had no defense, breh.

Niners didn't have much of one the last 5 weeks of the season either. That was due to injuries more than just being shitty.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1946 on: March 09, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »
plus the owner tampering with Harbaugh

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1947 on: March 09, 2015, 11:06:55 AM »
plus the owner tampering with Harbaugh

I get it, Harbaugh isn't a players guy in the pro's, and that can hurt. But how that was handled was straight up bitchtastic.
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1948 on: March 09, 2015, 11:09:11 AM »
Yes, I've never seen anything like it. Plus, when you have the owner's daughter trashing the OC on twitter that something stinks. I agreed with her though.
©ZH

Cheddahz

« Reply #1949 on: March 09, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »
Rodney Hudson heading to Oakland!

Looks like Julius Thomas is heading to Jacksonville as well

Brehvolution

« Reply #1950 on: March 09, 2015, 02:14:20 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477349/article/san-francisco-49ers-lb-patrick-willis-plans-to-retire
The 30-year-old linebacker plans to retire on Tuesday after eight seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

The hits keep coming.  :'(
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1951 on: March 09, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477349/article/san-francisco-49ers-lb-patrick-willis-plans-to-retire
The 30-year-old linebacker plans to retire on Tuesday after eight seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

(Image removed from quote.)

The hits keep coming.  :'(

I gotta tell you, if I could have played 8 solid years and retired I would have done so. He's a smart man to get out without some permanent damage.

Props Pdub
YMMV

« Reply #1952 on: March 09, 2015, 11:39:36 PM »
The 49ers are currently a gigantic dumpster fire. I feel bad for the fans.

But not etiolate. He can burn in that smelly heap of shit.
野球

Brehvolution

« Reply #1953 on: March 10, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »
The only big surprise was Pwill. Everyone else is off contract. There are quite a few teams that are losing high profile players. Gore and Justin Smith have younger and cheaper replacements. It's how the NFL works. You get a handful of players to make a run. The window is usually 2-4 years. That window has closed and you move on. It only seems like a bigger deal because of the slow moving off season where small things can be amplified.
©ZH

« Reply #1954 on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »
The only big surprise was Pwill. Everyone else is off contract. There are quite a few teams that are losing high profile players. Gore and Justin Smith have younger and cheaper replacements. It's how the NFL works. You get a handful of players to make a run. The window is usually 2-4 years. That window has closed and you move on. It only seems like a bigger deal because of the slow moving off season where small things can be amplified.

I understand how the NFL works, but the 49ers are a mess right now. It's not just free agency.
野球

Brehvolution

« Reply #1955 on: March 10, 2015, 12:09:03 PM »
I'd say the Eagles are a bigger mess. They traded away their best player, probably won't re-sign their best WR, are trying to unload their starting QB from last year before injury, and have no clear person who will be their QB this year. The Niners have capable backups to cover the losses..

Even with the losses, the Niners are still better than the whole NFC south.

©ZH

Cheddahz

« Reply #1956 on: March 10, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »
Gore realized that going to the Eagles was a mistake and he's signing with the Colts instead

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1957 on: March 10, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »
Gore realized that going to the Eagles was a mistake and he's signing with the Colts instead

I think it's a better move for him. His days as a 60+ catch back are over and that's kinda the point of the Eagle's halfbacks nowadays.
YMMV

« Reply #1958 on: March 10, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »
Jimmy Graham is now a Seattle Seahawk. Huh.
野球

Brehvolution

« Reply #1959 on: March 10, 2015, 03:56:38 PM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:28:06 PM by Brehvolution »
©ZH

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1960 on: March 10, 2015, 03:57:28 PM »
YMMV

Brehvolution

« Reply #1961 on: March 10, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »
Looks like the Hawks are going all in for maybe Lynch's last season. Worked out well for the Broncos with Manning. :hitler
©ZH

« Reply #1962 on: March 10, 2015, 04:00:36 PM »
It happened to Zach Miller when he came here. We use TEs differently than most teams.
野球

Brehvolution

©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #1964 on: March 10, 2015, 04:13:39 PM »
Eagles to get Sam Bradford for Foles.  :lol
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #1965 on: March 10, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »
Lions get Ngata.  :leon
©ZH

Cheddahz

« Reply #1966 on: March 10, 2015, 04:17:15 PM »
Eagles to get Sam Bradford for Foles.  :lol
:heh

« Reply #1967 on: March 10, 2015, 04:26:31 PM »
Saints dousing everything in lighter fluid and ready to strike a match. Damn.
野球

Cheddahz

« Reply #1968 on: March 10, 2015, 04:36:56 PM »
Looks like Jake Locker is retiring as well

Brehvolution

« Reply #1969 on: March 10, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »
Ryan Bartow ‏@RyanBartow
The @Saints are opening up offers for Drew Brees.

©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #1970 on: March 10, 2015, 04:52:02 PM »
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1971 on: March 10, 2015, 05:12:33 PM »
Lions with the clutch rebound
Ryan Bartow ‏@RyanBartow
The @Saints are opening up offers for Drew Brees.

(Image removed from quote.)
Stafford for Brees, straight up. Do it.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1972 on: March 10, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK SAINTS

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :maf

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1973 on: March 10, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
honestly would be ok sending Brees off at this point. maybe not for meatloaf tho.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1974 on: March 10, 2015, 05:38:36 PM »
honestly would be ok sending Brees off at this point. maybe not for meatloaf tho.

Stafford? Let's go!

dkdk

« Reply #1975 on: March 10, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »
so much player transaction fuckery  :rejoice

titans on the sidelines for all of it  :fbm

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1976 on: March 11, 2015, 09:45:27 AM »
This off season is freaking crazy.

:whew
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #1977 on: March 11, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »
Good trade for the Lions.

Suh had to leave, the guy was instrumental in a lot of unnecessary flags we've gotten for years now. As much as he was great at what he did, it became clear that the lack of discipline in certain areas has affected us the most when it comes to winning games.

And a terrible move for the Dolphins. Get handcuffed by a guy who is going to get suspended at the expense of adding any talent to the offense.
YMMV

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1978 on: March 11, 2015, 01:52:17 PM »
Seahags Max Unger and a 1st for Jimmy Graham.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477780/article/saints-seahawks-finalizing-jimmy-graham-trade

Jimmy Graham about to have a serious stats decline :tocry

Idk, he might actually get targeted on the 'Hawks, dude killed my fantasy teams last season a few times

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #1979 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »
Good thing the lions didn't draft aaron donald last year to go with ngata :smug