Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 215809 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #2280 on: September 21, 2022, 06:15:18 PM »
Twitter is such fucking garbage. :snoop
Endlessly people doing this with every topic:
https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

spoiler (click to show/hide)
LIKE AND RT IF YOU AGREE!
[close]

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2281 on: September 21, 2022, 06:16:13 PM »
God, she's been tweeting like 500 times a day for the past 10+ years

(Image removed from quote.)

She’s like 60 too  :dead
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2282 on: September 21, 2022, 06:19:35 PM »
Twitter is such fucking garbage. :snoop
Endlessly people doing this with every topic:
https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

LIKE AND RT IF YOU AGREE!
[close]
:like
🤴

benjipwns

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2284 on: September 21, 2022, 06:27:43 PM »
God, she's been tweeting like 500 times a day for the past 10+ years

703.9K Followers

The fuck

I got excited when I broke 200
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2285 on: September 21, 2022, 06:30:42 PM »
Breaking news bombshell the walls are closing in, we got him for real.

No way Donnie Trump will wiggle himself out of this jam.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2286 on: September 21, 2022, 06:47:17 PM »
Imagine definitively declaring that Trump is officially, finally, once and for all, FINISHED...after so many misses.  :lol

Only reason I think the fed/classified case can fuck Trump is because he can't delay the feds forever, and they're not gonna run out of money. But this NY state shit? I'd bet money that won't go anywhere.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2287 on: September 21, 2022, 07:03:46 PM »
Trump trying to flee from the feds in his golf cart will be a sight to see
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #2288 on: September 21, 2022, 07:16:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/fenderhead68/status/1572614611962306562

There's no shortage people who were born yesterday.     

"It's just a civil suit."
"NAH THIS TIME IT'S THE BIG ONE."

benjipwns

« Reply #2289 on: September 21, 2022, 07:23:15 PM »
Wild seeing BlueAnon grifters who have been telling me that Merrick Garland is a corrupt Trump toady because he refuses to have Trump sent to Gitmo telling me how he's going to totally get Trump thrown in prison for treason because the NY AG sent a criminal referral.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2290 on: September 21, 2022, 07:56:34 PM »

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #2291 on: September 22, 2022, 09:06:18 AM »
Trump trying to flee from the feds in his golf cart will be a sight to see

I imagine this playing out in-game GTA Vice City.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Occam

« Reply #2293 on: September 22, 2022, 06:50:29 PM »
Neo-nazi Jan. 6 rioter who said he didn’t know Congress met at Capitol gets 4 years

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Occam

« Reply #2295 on: September 22, 2022, 06:56:30 PM »
"Hale-Cusanelli, 32, worked as a security guard at Naval Weapons Station Earle and lived on the base in Colts Neck, N.J. In addition to being a supporter of President Donald Trump, the man was a white supremacist who supported Nazi ideology and admired Adolf Hitler, even wearing a “Hitler mustache” to work, the government said in court filings. But U.S. District Judge Trevor N. McFadden ruled that Hale-Cusanelli’s racist preferences were too prejudicial to present to a jury, though he did allow the defendant’s comments that he wanted a civil war to come into evidence."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/22/hale-cusanelli-sentencing-jan-6/

Que???

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2297 on: September 23, 2022, 05:49:11 AM »
I like how on Fox News they always try to work the 'right' answer already into the question they ask and then Trump still gives a completely different answer

"documents send to Mar-a-lago or wherever"  :lol

National archives? Radical left librarians  :lol

Trump's defense is basically the President can do whatever he wants, Constitutional scholars have their work cut out for them.
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #2298 on: September 23, 2022, 09:59:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1572790894834913280

:hesright

I know this is obvious, but...what's the point of the law, then Donald?  If I can run a red light and just say "in my mind, it was green.  And so it was green" to the cop, then why have the law against running red lights in the first place?  Nobody is going to say, "Darn! It was red in my mind, too!"  How does a president have such little knowledge about his own powers and have the awareness for so much recklessness with them, at the same time.

benjipwns

« Reply #2299 on: September 23, 2022, 05:09:37 PM »
I know this is obvious, but...what's the point of the law, then Donald?  If I can run a red light and just say "in my mind, it was green.  And so it was green" to the cop, then why have the law against running red lights in the first place?  Nobody is going to say, "Darn! It was red in my mind, too!"  How does a president have such little knowledge about his own powers and have the awareness for so much recklessness with them, at the same time.
Nothing he's done since actually taking office has dissuaded me from the belief that he doesn't care what the law is and thinks the President is the country's CEO and can do whatever he wants because that's how the various Trump corporations were always organized except when he personally lost control over them when they went bankrupt or faced criminal charges. On The Apprentice he often struggled with the idea that contestants may not simply obey whoever was put in charge for that task and may act in other ways and often based on whether or not they like/dislike someone especially due to things that had happened prior. Unless Carolyn or later Ivanka pointed it out Trump was often easily bamboozled by people who would deliberately sabotage situations (or just do something incredibly stupid) and then claim it was poor leadership that caused them to do this which would lead Trump to spending all his time attacking and questioning the task leader while letting the subordinate off the hook.

Most of Trump's personnel decisions throughout his term culminating in the utter betrayal he felt at both Pence and his Supreme Court nominees (and lower court nominees and even people Trump didn't put in office but were merely just also Republicans) upholding the law rather than acting in Trump's personal favor can only lead me to conclude he has not changed at all on this.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #2302 on: September 23, 2022, 06:31:11 PM »
twitter.com/dioerasabbath/status/1572974889329360897

wat

Occam

« Reply #2303 on: September 23, 2022, 06:38:33 PM »
I think this belongs here.
A few days ago Colbert did a (way too short) interview with Ken Burns, about his latest documentary, The U.S. and the Holocaust.
I have to admit, despite watching several of his excellent documentaries, I had no idea what he looks like (or how old he is).

And you should watch the documentary. It's six hours long (3 parts).
In fact, it should be required viewing for people who buy MAGA hats or think there's an apostrophe in the word Nazis.

Occam

« Reply #2304 on: September 23, 2022, 06:47:48 PM »
As Burns correctly points out, there is only one human race, there aren't multiple races. That is debunked pseudoscience, and has been for nearly a century. Americans need to stop using the term when referring to people of different ethnicity/geographic origin.
It's shameful that it's still being used 77 years after Hitler.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2305 on: September 23, 2022, 07:16:34 PM »
They used to make fun of conservatives(and Colbert did this all the time) who said they weren't racist because they didn't see color which is a talking point that the liberals have now taken over.
Although I agree with the one human race theory in principle, you have to realize that if races and ethnicities are gone so is the ability to call out racism or laws that protect people from racism.

Take the current draft in Russia for example, they're clearly not calling up the Slavs but the Central Asians and other groups.
Putin has decided though that there is only one "Russian" identity and all these various ethnicities and nationalities such as Ukrainians do not exist.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 07:24:44 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Occam

« Reply #2306 on: September 23, 2022, 07:44:04 PM »
I don't give a fuck about "liberal" talking points.
Of course there is ethnicity, as I wrote above. There just are no races. By using the term "race" to classify people you give credence to and perpetuate long discredited pseudoscience.
Yay, science.

A racist is a person who believes in racial theory.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2307 on: September 23, 2022, 07:48:49 PM »
so really it's a matter of tone policing and language prescriptivism
Uncle

Occam

« Reply #2308 on: September 23, 2022, 07:50:11 PM »
No, it's really a matter of accepting that there are no separate races.
Human behavioural traits and intelligence are not predetermined by ethnicity.
If you believe they are, congratulations, you are a racist.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2309 on: September 23, 2022, 07:51:26 PM »
right, so stop using those words, use these other words instead to mean pretty much the same thing you intended to say

Black people need to correctly start talking about how they've been affected by ethnicism rather than relying on historical AAVE word usage
Uncle

Occam

« Reply #2310 on: September 23, 2022, 07:53:40 PM »
No, black people are affected by racism.
Racism exists. It's the believe that individual races exist and that some of them are superior, and others are inferior.

Himu

« Reply #2311 on: September 23, 2022, 07:54:45 PM »
Color blindness is wack whether it's liberal or conservative, also impractical. There's one human race, but various races literally have differences in biology and needs. For example, black people are more likely to be afflicted by sickle cell. We also are able to grow muscles more rapidly, but for black men this also means more sensitive prostates (prostate cancer is more prevalent in black men). Many Asians deal with motion sickness. Caucasians get sun burn and are more predisposed to skin cancer. Their skin also aged more rapidly due to lack of melanin. We are the same but also different. Celebrating and acknowledging those differences is what makes us strong.
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #2312 on: September 23, 2022, 07:56:26 PM »
I am shocked that you have a hard time grasping the concept that there are no biologically separate races of homo sapiens. Shocked.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2313 on: September 23, 2022, 08:03:45 PM »
I am shocked that you have a hard time grasping the concept that there are no biologically separate races of homo sapiens. Shocked.

if you were to compose a post like that, speaking to the medical needs of different groups of humans, what word usage would you prescribe instead?
Uncle

Himu

« Reply #2314 on: September 23, 2022, 08:04:42 PM »
Stunning videos showing how religion provides community, a place of belonging, and a hub for doing good deeds.

https://twitter.com/Ancommiey/status/1572403030414221313

https://twitter.com/MahyarTousi/status/1572139513673121793

Muslim people != Muslim leaders

The fact that the people are protesting the government because the government wants to enforce the law their way with wrong action actually proves my point. The government killed a woman because her hijab was worn "wrong" and the people, mostly women, disagree with it and are protesting it. Instead of seeing that there's various trains of thought within Islam and people literally fighting for their person hood from a totalitarian government you use it as a point to prove a case against religion when...those people are mobilized for their freedom of religious expression? People united to express their religion the way they want shows Islam doesn't act as community?

This actually proves my point about atheist delusion and ignorance. You probably aren't even familiar with the various schools of thought within Islam. It's just Islam to you. This speaks to only your ignorance and embarrasses only yourself so I'm not particularly mad.

You should be mad at governments, especially those impacted by colonionalism. If there's one brand of Islam you should be mad at it is Al Wahhabiyah and Salafis, who are extremists curated from a philosophy only two centuries old. Saudi Arabia, that desert dust bowl of ignorance, is the main export of it as per their government and reach. Saudis have and are poisoning a well. If you're going to talk smack at least learn your shit.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 08:17:56 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Occam

« Reply #2316 on: September 23, 2022, 08:28:01 PM »

if you were to compose a post like that, speaking to the medical needs of different groups of humans, what word usage would you prescribe instead?

Geographic origin? Understanding that there are slight genetic differences/mutations is not the same as believing that distinct "races" exist.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 08:34:29 PM by Occam »

Himu

« Reply #2317 on: September 23, 2022, 08:30:19 PM »
Slight genetic differences. I'd like to see a white barber do black hair. It's really interesting how only recently we've had brown colored flesh Band-Aids. Thankfully race doesn't exist for us to acknowledge that!
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #2318 on: September 23, 2022, 09:54:02 PM »
As Burns correctly points out, there is only one human race, there aren't multiple races. That is debunked pseudoscience, and has been for nearly a century. Americans need to stop using the term when referring to people of different ethnicity/geographic origin.
It's shameful that it's still being used 77 years after Hitler.
The United States Census defines race as sociocultural groups, not biological ones. The standards and created groups (like Hispanic) trickle down from there because the Census is the source of demographic data. A switch to ethnic data has been dissuaded because of concerns that people will not identify accurately. Also that any further subgrouping will undermine solidarity concerns.

Of course there is ethnicity, as I wrote above. There just are no races. By using the term "race" to classify people you give credence to and perpetuate long discredited pseudoscience.
Yay, science.

Then you disagree fundamentally with anti-racists who claim the most essential component of someone is their race and all other things sit below their racial group as defined biologically. Lead scholar Ibram X. Kendi and others in the CRT schools advocate that racial concerns should trump all others including the rule of law, democracy, etc.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2319 on: September 23, 2022, 10:52:57 PM »
when they say racial concerns, they mean ethnic concerns, because using the exact technically correct word is more important than getting your point across to the listener

:science
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #2320 on: September 23, 2022, 11:35:26 PM »
when they say racial concerns, they mean ethnic concerns, because using the exact technically correct word is more important than getting your point across to the listener

:science
White is not an ethnicity, fascist! :ufup

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2321 on: September 24, 2022, 01:13:17 AM »
Yay, science.

I see your point and it is a noble stance, but that line of thinking legitimises this  :dolezal
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2322 on: September 24, 2022, 03:06:29 AM »
I still don't understand how that's any different from the gender stuff.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2323 on: September 24, 2022, 05:30:02 AM »
I still don't understand how that's any different from the gender stuff.
It's not. You can't change your genetics any sooner than you can change your chromosomes
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2324 on: September 24, 2022, 05:55:12 AM »
What I've mostly seen is that movements that want to do away with certain old labels and classifications like race and gender just end up creating their own labels.

Just look at how quickly we ended up with the vaccinated and unvaccinated. It didn't even matter why you weren't unvaccinated, you were just part of the same group which meant less rights than everybody else.
And just like in Nazi Germany those policies were created mostly by the scientists and the elites with popular support.

The identity of the Jews has always been a touchy subject. But most of them believe their origins are the same and they have a list of arbitrary rules that decide if you can live in their Jewish state or not.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2325 on: September 24, 2022, 05:59:06 AM »
Shut the hell up, cis-white scum.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2326 on: September 24, 2022, 06:05:04 AM »
shut the fuck up nintex

benjipwns

« Reply #2327 on: September 24, 2022, 08:24:31 PM »
The identity of the Jews has always been a touchy subject. But most of them believe their origins are the same and they have a list of arbitrary rules that decide if you can live in their Jewish state or not.
Which countries do not have a list of arbitrary rules to decide this?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2328 on: September 24, 2022, 11:27:05 PM »
They used to make fun of conservatives(and Colbert did this all the time) who said they weren't racist because they didn't see color which is a talking point that the liberals have now taken over.
Although I agree with the one human race theory in principle, you have to realize that if races and ethnicities are gone so is the ability to call out racism or laws that protect people from racism.

Take the current draft in Russia for example, they're clearly not calling up the Slavs but the Central Asians and other groups.
Putin has decided though that there is only one "Russian" identity and all these various ethnicities and nationalities such as Ukrainians do not exist.
This is a disingenuous argument. Arguing that there are no real genetic differences between races doesn't mean race as a social construct doesn't exist, or that racism doesn't exist. No one on the left is making that argument. If anything it's brought up to essentially say "we're all the same genetically so why are you being weird by being racist."

benjipwns

« Reply #2329 on: September 25, 2022, 01:24:42 AM »
Wyoming GOP Rep. Liz Cheney said at The Texas Tribune festival Saturday that if former President Donald Trump becomes the Republican Party's nominee for president in 2024, she will not remain a Republican.

"I'm going to make sure Donald Trump, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure he is not the nominee. And if he is the nominee, I won't be a Republican," Cheney said.
No, stop, don't go...

But, Cheney would not go as far as saying that she wants Democrats to keep control of the House of Representatives after the midterm elections.

Cheney said there are a lot of "bad policies" in the Biden administration but added, "I think it's really important though, as voters are going to vote, that they recognize and understand what the Republican Conference consists of in the House of Representatives today."
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #2331 on: September 25, 2022, 11:01:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/XStrategiesLLC/status/1572630497599303680

Okay, starting my list of most pro-murderer candidates:
1. John Fetterman
2. J.D. Vance (?)
3. ...

Tasty

« Reply #2332 on: September 26, 2022, 01:11:13 PM »
The economy is gonna hand Trump this election on a silver platter, God help us all.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2333 on: September 26, 2022, 01:39:14 PM »
Carl Icahn thinks the game is up.

Inflation can't be stopped but central banks will try by increasing interest rates. This won't work because they keep printing money.
Higher interest rates will cause a recession and various markets (housing, insurance etc.) will collapse.

He says this is a 'fall of the Roman empire' moment for the US and that the destruction will be monumental.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2334 on: September 26, 2022, 02:06:48 PM »
Pretty much everywhere is in recession, but world leaders all seem to be in denial/have buried their head in the sand at the moment.

Is it going to take a giant bank or mega corp collapsing for them to admit it?
(ice)

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2335 on: September 26, 2022, 03:49:36 PM »

Inflation can't be stopped but central banks will try by increasing interest rates. This won't work because they keep printing money.
Higher interest rates will cause a recession and various markets (housing, insurance etc.) will collapse.

He says this is a 'fall of the Roman empire' moment for the US and that the destruction will be monumental.
:gddr5

lmao wut

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2336 on: September 27, 2022, 02:41:21 PM »

If you haven't bought your Glen Beck post collapse survival kit you still have time.

Use code JamesFund at checkout for a free ounce of gold and 2 premium meal kits
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2337 on: September 27, 2022, 05:48:01 PM »
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2339 on: September 27, 2022, 07:36:11 PM »
kansas is defined globally by a quote expressing the realization that one has exited kansas
Uncle