Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1519568 times)

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Re: The NBA thread
« Reply #4200 on: March 03, 2012, 02:10:43 AM »
Speaking of Lebron, why must stupid Nike always release certain colors as limited editions?  I already have a pair of Lebron 9s but they could have earned another $170 from me if those weren't LEs selling for $200-300 on Ebay.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #4201 on: March 03, 2012, 02:11:08 AM »
I'm fine with the pass. Especially in a regular season game. Perhaps I would be a bit more demanding of a superstar in a playoff game where he is really paid to take those shots unless the defense is draped all over him. He had gotten lucky with the previous shot anyway.

Not to mention if he had taken the shot and missed all people would have said is see how un-clutch he is. Lebron can't win in these situations because of the media narrative imo. They've already written the story. Which is bogus. Along with a lot of ignorant fans. They wouldn't have even been in the game if he hadn't played amazingly in the first place and hit two clutch shots right before that. . The only acceptable outcome is him hitting every clutch shot and the heat going 82-0.

I don't mind when people criticize legit bonehead play like in the finals or poor decision making down the stretch which Lebron has been prone to but let's not be dumb here. If you watched that game you saw he played pretty much flawlessly.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:13:56 AM by Stoney Mason »

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4202 on: March 03, 2012, 02:16:33 AM »
Media is bullshit but Lebron would have a much easier path to a championship if he can master the crossover stepback J.  He can pretty much get that off anytime because defenders are so scared of him driving. 

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4203 on: March 03, 2012, 02:50:53 AM »
btw the mavs have dropped 4 in a row and the Odom situation has come to a head.

Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle expressed disappointment with Lamar Odom's ongoing absence from the team and bluntly stated that the forward will face scrutiny upon his return, from owner Mark Cuban to the players in the locker room.

Odom will play Saturday night for the Mavs' D-League affiliate in nearby Frisco and then is expected to re-join the Mavs for the first time since Feb. 20 when the team travels to Oklahoma City for Monday's game, Carlisle said

"When he comes back, we're going to find out very quickly where things are at," Carlisle said during his weekly appearance Friday on the ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's "Galloway & Co." "He's going to have to show us with his actions and attitude that he's in."

Odom left the Mavs on Feb. 22 to tend to a family matter and missed his fourth consecutive game Friday night when Dallas played New Orleans. He will also miss Saturday's game against the Utah Jazz. Odom left the team to attend to his ill father in Los Angeles, sources told ESPNDallas.com.

The Mavs need Odom's presence off the bench in the midst of nine games in 12 nights, the most grueling stretch of the season. After Friday's 97-92 loss at New Orleans, Dallas has lost a season-high four games and five of six.

"Mark asks a fundamental question of anybody in our franchise: Are they in or are they not in?" Carlisle said. "Our fans want to know that Lamar's in. Our players want to know that Lamar's in. It's not about how many points he's scoring or rebounds; those things are a factor. Our fans, our players want to see the guy playing like his pants are on fire and we haven't seen that so far and that's got to change."

Texas Legends owner and Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson confirmed Friday that it was Odom's idea to play with the Legends first.

Odom was expected to report back to the Mavericks on the Monday after the All-Star break, but he didn't arrive in Dallas until Wednesday. While the team was in Memphis on Wednesday, Cuban met in Dallas with Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, to work on a timetable that would ease Odom back into the fold after his weeklong personal leave.

Point guard Jason Kidd acknowledged that Odom's inconsistent effort and extended absence were issues worthy of concern, although Kidd remained supportive of his teammate.

"Trust factor is always big," Kidd told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon after Friday morning's shootaround. "For that, he's going to have to earn it with a lot of the guys. But we all give second chances, third chances. For that, we just want him to be him and be comfortable and play."

Added forward Dirk Nowitzki, who has to play heavier minutes with Odom away from the team: "If he can play hard every night and be there for us, it'll be OK. It'll work out. I said two months ago that he can be a big part of what we can do in the playoffs, because his versatility on both ends of the floor is something not a lot of teams have. We'd love to give it a shot and go from there."

Carlisle said he would expect that Odom will address his teammates before Monday's big road game against the Western Conference-leading Thunder.

"It's got to be few words and strong action and it's got to go from there, and I'm sure he'll address the team," Carlisle said. "But, from this point going forward it's attitude and action.

"We're going to do everything we can to get the guy ready to play ... but he's well aware now of exactly what's expected. And it's not about the stats. It's about how he approaches it in terms of his actions on the court, his engagement in the game, being into it and intensity, passion, all those kind of things."

Carlisle acknowledged that Odom is dealing with a personal issue, but he said he does not know specific details. Even so, Carlisle said that Odom's underwhelming season, the worst in his 13-year career, combined with the off-court drama, is wearing thin on a veteran core of players attempting to defend its championship.

"There is a personal issue here and we do not know the extent of it or the details of it," Carlisle said. "There is a fine line between compassion, which our owner is showing, and gross insensitivity."

"I'm disappointed," Carlisle continued, "with the way the whole thing's gone. We've worked hard with this kid. I'm a patient guy, Mark is a patient guy, Donnie is a patient guy, our team is a patient team, but patience has worn thin here.

"... This is serious business. The business of winning NBA basketball games is serious business. This is not easy. It's not easy to win a game in the NBA. ... We need people that are engaged and we need people that are into it."

Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz, issued a statement Friday in response to speculation that the assignment to the Legends was a demotion from the Mavericks.

"The whole idea of going to the D-League was Lamar's," Schwartz said. "He proposed it to the Mavs; they never asked him. He wanted to get some floor time in actual game conditions before rejoining the team. People need to educate themselves on the rules in place here. NBA veterans don't get sent to the D-League without their consent.

According to new rules implemented this season, NBA veterans with more than two years of service time can only be assigned to the D-League on baseball-style rehab stints with the consent of the player as well as the Players Association.

Odom had two private workouts Friday with Mavs consultant Tim Grgurich, who was flown in this week specifically to help Odom get ready for his return to the Mavs, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Carlisle presumed that Odom has likely not worked out much during his time away from the team. He said Friday's workouts went well. Carlisle said he still believes Odom can make a positive contribution this season.

"When Lamar comes back, if he comes on the floor and he competes the way people expect him to compete as a member of a world championship defending team," Carlisle said, "this problem will go away."

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4204 on: March 03, 2012, 03:03:09 AM »
Fuck Odom.  I wish NBA had rules like the NFL that allow a team to cut a player like this with no pay.  The idiot has basically admitted he has no interest in playing since the Lakers wanted to trade him. 

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4205 on: March 03, 2012, 03:22:49 AM »
Yea, I do wonder how the NBA would look with that type of contract set-up

DJ_Tet

« Reply #4206 on: March 03, 2012, 03:38:15 AM »
the "hot hand" is a fallacy anyway

Wade is smarter than most fans, it seems

Neither here nor there.  LeBron was dominating and Wade 'needed' his turn.  He threw up two bad shots.  He deserves to be mentioned in some blame.

I don't agree that 'hot hand' is a fallacy but even if that's a fact Wade captained two empty possessions down the stretch.

The main reason I don't agree about 'hot hand' is probably because I grew up watching two of the best 'hot' shooters to ever play in the NBA, Dell Curry and Glen motherfucking Rice.

Go tell them about hot hand being a fallacy.

edit:  Funny there is talk about guaranteed contracts.  Was just talking to my gf tonight during the Bobcats game and remarked how fast Diop would have been out of the league if the NBA had a contract rule like the NFL.  Same with Matt Carrol's sorry ass. 
TIT

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4207 on: March 03, 2012, 03:40:24 AM »

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:44:27 AM by Stoney Mason »

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4208 on: March 03, 2012, 03:47:43 AM »

I've always thought that one reason why LBJ isn't as popular as MJ is that aside from dunks and layups, LBJ's game is less pleasing aestheically.  This shot is a perfect example.  MJ has made shots like this but they looked so much prettier.  For a guy with so much hops, it's weird how Lebron usually doesn't get that much elevation on his pullups unless he's fading away, which is much harder. 

Also, even as King James's #1 fan here, I can't approve of his decision in that last play.  He already had the first guy beat and could easily have taken a high percentage shot near the FT line.  It didn't look like Haslem was ready for that shot either. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 03:53:19 AM by Smooth Groove »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4209 on: March 03, 2012, 03:57:28 AM »
I don't think Lebron has a technically sound outside shot. Which is why it often breaks down. Yeah he can get hot and hit them but its nothing I would want to rely on consistently. Its why his decision to go inside more often this season whether its drives or post ups is the correct call imo.

Now somebody like Kobe has an amazing jumper. I'm talking about when Kobe squares up and shoots a ball in rhythm. Not the fading leaning back ones he often takes that I think are often not necessary. When Kobe shoots a squared up  in rhythm distance jumper, I think its going in every time. I'm surprised when it doesn't. When Lebron shoots a long distance squared up jumper, I'm more surprised when it goes in rather than expecting it. The more Lebron moves away from that Kobe model. The better a player he will be imo simply because he doesn't have the technical form on his jumpers. He should only shoot those when he's wide open. I'd prefer for him to continue work on his post game and his mid range stuff.

I say it everytime. This should have always been Lebron's role model

Not Kobe or Jordan.

It didn't look like Haslem was ready for that shot either.

I disagree. It literally looks like he is waiting to catch the ball there and shoot. Like that was the first option of a designed play if Lebron wasn't comfortable with the shot he had. Not to mention they had run nearly that exact play earlier in the game and Haslem knocked it down. That's his spot. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:06:15 AM by Stoney Mason »

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4210 on: March 03, 2012, 04:06:38 AM »
Yeah, his form is not great but he should be able to perfect that shot around the FT line.  Because defenders are always stepping back when Lebron gets in the paint, he gets plenty of time and space for that shot.  I was a terrible shooter for a long time because all I did since HS was jump over and run around people.  Shooting didn't come natural for me but even I've gotten my FT pullup to a pretty high efficiency.  Sometimes regardless of great athleticism or even great post-up moves, the D can still force a player to take a J.  Olajuwon or Duncan wouldn't have won so many championships if they hadn't hit a few Js in critical moments. 

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4211 on: March 03, 2012, 04:09:48 AM »
I disagree. It literally looks like he is waiting to catch the ball there and shoot. Like that was the first option of a designed play if Lebron wasn't comfortable with the shot he had. Not to mention they had run nearly that exact play earlier in the game and Haslem knocked it down. That's his spot.

True, I rewatched that video and it looked like Haslem was ready.  However, that is certainly not a easy shot with a defender running at Haslem and not enough time for him to pump fake the defender to fly over.  It's almost a blind shot when the defender jumps at your like that.  Haslem's release and elevation just aren't good enough for that to be a high percentage shot. 

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4212 on: March 03, 2012, 04:23:03 AM »
Do you guys think there will ever be a perimeter player who is capable of averaging 30+PPG, 50+ FG% on just dunks and layups?  As awesome as Lebron is, he can't do that every night.  Young Jordan was the closest.  If ever there was a player who could do that, he'd be the GOAT. 

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4213 on: March 03, 2012, 04:50:00 AM »
I've always felt like Dwyane Wade is one of the best players in the NBA when it comes to recognizing his strengths and weaknesses and maximizing his strengths. He's also not an especially good outside shooter similar to Lebron but I think when Wade is on he stays away from that shot and tends to take it only when he's wide open or at least he can clearly square up. His mid range game is decent enough so that you have to guard it and his instincts are always to drive it and get fouled when he is struggling.

People praise Lebron for taking less threes this season and they should. That has helped raise his regular FG% and his three point FG%. Lebron is shooting 42% from beyond the arc this season which is far and away the best of his career. Hell he's 17th in the league in 3pt FG%.

But nobody mentions that Wade has also lowered his volume on those shots. He's only taken 15.

Wade never has as high a FG% as Lebron so its hard to explain that often on a game by game basis I feel more comfortable with the shots Wade takes especially late in a game.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:53:19 AM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4214 on: March 03, 2012, 04:54:38 AM »
How the hell did LeBron get good at 3pt shooting?

He takes a better quality 3 point shot this year. He doesn't come down and just jack them up or do a fadeway three with a few seconds on the shot clock during a bad possession like he often use to. Fortunately the trend of star players trying to emulate kobe and hit off balance leaning threes with a high degree of difficulty seems to be on the wane. I never especially liked when Kobe did it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:56:40 AM by Stoney Mason »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #4215 on: March 03, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »
LeBron barely takes the 3 this year, basically. Neither does Wade. Spoelstra or Riley or somebody finally got in his head about it. Got him posting up more too, and playing off the ball more. Basically every real criticism of his game, he has attempted to answer this season. The clutch stuff, he'll just have to work through in those situations I guess. Can't practice that stuff over the summer.
vjj

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4216 on: March 03, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/columns/nba/story/_/id/7641121/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-vs-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-not-lebron-james

Why is this garbage on ESPN?  It could be written by any regular bleacher report fanboy.  I blame ESPN for the perpetuation of "conventional wisdom" and the lack of factual analysis in sports.  I truly detest this company (I can't stand their overpromotion of NFL and NCAA basketball either). 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4217 on: March 03, 2012, 11:17:02 PM »
Has anyone put up steller, undeniable MVP numbers yet been dismissed and criticized as much as LeBron? jeez

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #4218 on: March 04, 2012, 12:27:36 AM »
Has anyone put up steller, undeniable MVP numbers yet been dismissed and criticized as much as LeBron? jeez

Peyton Manning got absolutely killed in some quarters until he got his championship, and some older sportswriters have said that the knock on Jordan used to be he was too much of a ballhogging stats guy to win like Bird or Magic (that part of his career was before my time), and of course there's A-Rod.

The whole "championships are everything" attitude is sort of necessary to getting players and fans alike to treat a sport as if it actually matters.  But in team sports where only 1/30th of the players can get a ring any given year, it unfairly diminishes the accomplishments of great players who haven't been lucky enough for everything to line up at the right time.

The flipside is that winning a title retroactively validates all the individual brilliance.  Everyone learned to love Dirk, and people are comfortable calling John Elway the best quarterback of all time when they wouldn't even have allowed him in the discussion after the first dozen years of his career.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4219 on: March 04, 2012, 12:31:48 AM »
Bah, totally forgot about Peyton. That's true

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4220 on: March 04, 2012, 12:45:50 AM »
Manning had a few vocal critics but generally he was a media darling.  After his last Super Bowl lost, many journalists were preemptively attacking people for blaming the loss on Manning.  In actuality, not many people blame Manning for the loss although it was obvious that he had a subpar game. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4221 on: March 04, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »
I remember a lot of valid criticism of Manning's playoff stats and various chokes until he got that first ring, which kind of erased all that talk.

what a travesty, his brother has two rings  while Peyton might never be the same again :-\

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4222 on: March 04, 2012, 12:52:04 AM »
Most people in the media sided with Manning over Brady even though Brady was the underdog by a large margin.  I guess they're just jealous that Brady is such a pussy magnet. 

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #4223 on: March 04, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »

Peyton Manning got absolutely killed in some quarters until he got his championship, and some older sportswriters have said that the knock on Jordan used to be he was too much of a ballhogging stats guy to win like Bird or Magic (that part of his career was before my time), and of course there's A-Rod.

The whole "championships are everything" attitude is sort of necessary to getting players and fans alike to treat a sport as if it actually matters.  But in team sports where only 1/30th of the players can get a ring any given year, it unfairly diminishes the accomplishments of great players who haven't been lucky enough for everything to line up at the right time.

The flipside is that winning a title retroactively validates all the individual brilliance.  Everyone learned to love Dirk, and people are comfortable calling John Elway the best quarterback of all time when they wouldn't even have allowed him in the discussion after the first dozen years of his career.

You're right. The media likes to create simple narratives in which great players are either winners or losers, especially when it allows them to contrast players easily. Kobe is a winner and LeBron is a loser. In the 80s, Bird and Magic were the winners while Jordan was the loser who would never win a championship.

Montana winner, Marino loser
Russell winner, Wilt loser.
Jeter winner, ARod loser

If the loser finally wins, the media can create a monomyth.

A tall young German boy began his quest in the NBA. At first he struggled, but with the mentorship of a grey-haired German wizard and the help of a shaggy Canadian hobbit, he transformed himself not only into an NBA All-Star but also an NBA MVP. Throughout his journey, he faced many challenges and temptations. He failed the former and succumbed to the latter before realizing that he had to transform himself again to meet his new challenges and do background checks on the cheeseburgers he planned on marrying.

By training, taking his vitamins, and praying, he reached his goal and atoned for his past failures.

No longer in the playoffs was he a 25/10 player who lost--he was now a 25/10 player who won!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:01:32 AM by Flannel Boy »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4224 on: March 04, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »
Celtics handling the Knicks. Lin and Baron Davis having awful games.

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4225 on: March 04, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »
To be fair, Knicks fail to catch at least 3 Lin passes that would have led to easy buckets.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4226 on: March 04, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »
Only an 8 point game now. 
püp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4227 on: March 04, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »
To be fair, Knicks fail to catch at least 3 Lin passes that would have led to easy buckets.

I don't know. He's played pretty bad today.

Novak still continues to be hot as hell.

etiolate

« Reply #4228 on: March 04, 2012, 03:04:45 PM »
I'm not understanding why the Celts are so ready to get rid of Rondo. Is it because he has the most trade value?

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4229 on: March 04, 2012, 03:06:28 PM »
A quick look at Novak's career 3pt shooting makes me wonder why it took so long for him to get a significant run. 

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4230 on: March 04, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
I'm not understanding why the Celts are so ready to get rid of Rondo. Is it because he has the most trade value?

It's because everybody says he has a prickly moody personality but yeah I wouldn't trade him either. You don't get rid of a good point guard. You build around him.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4231 on: March 04, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »
Davis 6 turnovers.
Lin 6 turnovers.

9 assists for both of them.

::)

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4232 on: March 04, 2012, 03:12:55 PM »
But it's hard to win a championship with a PG who can't even hit a FT pullup as your #1 player.  At least Jason Kidd could get hot every now and then.   

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4233 on: March 04, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
Lin not playing a great game but he's competing here in the 4th. Nice clutch 3 there.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4234 on: March 04, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »
He hasn't had a great game, but Lin is being clutch as fuck now.
püp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4235 on: March 04, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »
Not a pretty game but an intense game. Nice stuff here in the 4th.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4236 on: March 04, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
I love 4th quarter basketball.  This is good shit.
püp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4237 on: March 04, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »
lol. Knicks got no defense.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4238 on: March 04, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #4239 on: March 04, 2012, 03:51:37 PM »
this one's over.  when it counted the knicks couldn't play defense.  it's a shame.
püp

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4240 on: March 04, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »
Boston Celtics Hall of Famer Bob Cousy, to put it mildly, doesn't think his old team should trade Rajon Rondo.

“I’m out of the loop, but boy, unless he’s a serial killer on the side I wouldn’t let this kid go,” Cousy told ESPNNewYork.com. “I don’t know where you’d find a better point guard.”

Rondo
18 pts
17 rebs
20 ast

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4241 on: March 04, 2012, 04:21:18 PM »
Rondo destroyed Lin today but Lin still impressed me with his vision and ability to get to the hole.  I didn't think he could slip by Rondo so easily.  He just couldn't finish today. 

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4242 on: March 04, 2012, 04:25:56 PM »
Lakers giving the Heat problems. Miami has problems with big teams that rebound well. And if the team gets hot from outside they struggle to rotate and contest those shots.

And I'll never undestand why Miami insists in passing the ball into Joel Anthony. He has no offense. He is strictly defense. So stop throwing the ball into him like he's comfortable with it.

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4243 on: March 04, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »
Not sure if it's just a Heat problem.  Lakers have been gelling lately. 

etiolate

« Reply #4244 on: March 04, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
Boston Celtics Hall of Famer Bob Cousy, to put it mildly, doesn't think his old team should trade Rajon Rondo.

“I’m out of the loop, but boy, unless he’s a serial killer on the side I wouldn’t let this kid go,” Cousy told ESPNNewYork.com. “I don’t know where you’d find a better point guard.”

Rondo
18 pts
17 rebs
20 ast

trade him to a running team

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4245 on: March 04, 2012, 07:41:13 PM »
Didn't watch Lakers-Heat at all as I had a bad feeling about the game.  Turns out I was right.  Was Bosh not playing a major factor?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4246 on: March 04, 2012, 07:43:37 PM »
Didn't watch Lakers-Heat at all as I had a bad feeling about the game.  Turns out I was right.  Was Bosh not playing a major factor?

It didn't help and Wade didn't have a good game. But I think a squad like the Lakers as currently constructed will give the Heat problems as long as they don't turn over the ball.

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4247 on: March 04, 2012, 07:48:40 PM »
Heat really should have tried much harder to get Kenyon Martin.  Could they have paid him about the same money as the Clips or at least given him more after this season?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4248 on: March 04, 2012, 11:02:16 PM »
Jeez Deron Williams Scored 57 tonight.

As far as the Heat it is what it is. That's a team can look amazing some nights and you think they are obviously going to win the title this year and then on other nights you see the flaws that convince you no way they are going to win a title with the team as currently constructed. That's with the acknowledgement  that they were playing a tough road game against a good team today and playing without Bosh.

It's both entertaining and infuriating at the same time.   

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #4249 on: March 05, 2012, 04:36:17 AM »
Warriors/Raptors game was brutal today. Can't remember the last game I saw that was so bad.
itm

DJ_Tet

« Reply #4250 on: March 05, 2012, 05:04:20 AM »
Was at the Deron Williams game, it was impressive.

I told my buddy after his second shot in the third that he was on fire.  I said he might end up with 40 (he had 28 at the time.)  Friend said 50.  He scored 22 in the third, by the time we switched Gerald Henderson over to guard him it was too late. 

Surprisingly enough he cooled off at the end of the fourth and only finished with 57.  Lopez turned an ankle and missed the whole second half, Williams was doing it all by himself.  Bobcats played well tonight but still had no shot.
TIT

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4251 on: March 05, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »
Duncan literally adding insult to injury:

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4252 on: March 05, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »
What do y'all think of this Jordan 2012 that I designed on NikeID?  I really would like to get it but $205 is a bit much.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #4253 on: March 05, 2012, 09:34:38 PM »
Westbrick

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4254 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:20 PM »
Yeah Good game going on. OKC and the Mavericks.

Dirk just nailed two big three's.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #4255 on: March 05, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »
The hell was that

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4256 on: March 05, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »

That's what Dirk said.

:D

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4257 on: March 06, 2012, 12:14:34 AM »
Clippers went from title contender to an average team since they lost Billups.   :(

Lately, they also haven't been that fun to watch, aside from the usual theatrics of Blake and Deandre.  I think they should just stick Mo Williams in the starting lineup.  Foye's offensive game is too inconsistent even if he is a better 1 on 1 defender than Mo. 

Stoney Mason

« Reply #4258 on: March 06, 2012, 12:51:33 AM »
Yeah they are now tied with the Lakers after having led them all season. And if I was a betting man, I'd bet on the Lakers winning that division before the Clippers now.

Also Odom continues to be Odom

24 minutes
3-9 FG
2 rebs.

He's shooting 36% for the season.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:53:09 AM by Stoney Mason »

Smooth Groove

« Reply #4259 on: March 06, 2012, 12:58:55 AM »
I wish Odom is blacklisted so that no team will sign him after this season, like what happened with Iverson.