Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles  (Read 33987 times)

magus

• LIKES FF7
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »
i think the more buddy buddy are the character the bigger the chance they'll keep the chain go on,the chain only had shulk and reyn which are at friendship 4 out of 5 and i got 6 link before it went out

you chain attack of the same color,so for example shulk back attack,"defense drop" attack and reyn "big damage with big cooldown time" all link together
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »
Ok, I went back and read the tutorials. Basically the more buddy they are, the chances of a "Chain Link" (the B button occuring) for a maximum of 15 chains. And if you use skills of the same color, it grows stronger each time.

I read about Skill Links, and am I understanding right - it basically means Shulk (or anyone else) can "use" someone else's skill? Do they have to be in the active party for it to work?

For example, I could "borrow" Reyn's skill of increasing max HP. Does Reyn have to be in the party? Or does it affect Shulk whenever.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:33:54 PM by demi »
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2011, 07:28:12 PM »
Eryth Sea :o

I've been playing this nonstop... I love it. Every location is completely unique. Every cutscene isnt the least bit embarassing. All the characters are level-headed (save for Riki, but he's cyooote).
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2011, 07:33:53 PM »
So what's the consensus? Best Wii game ever, and NOA should suck a chode?
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »
Best JRPG, and easily best Wii game

Best -Nintendo- game
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »
:bow Monolith Soft :bow2
dog

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2011, 08:34:10 PM »

Best -Nintendo- game

omgggg :omg

NoA :lol

This goes to show how terrible Nintendo was as whole this generation with their releases.
Unzip

Himu

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »
or maybe it's hyperbole
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
I played parts of the game, couldn't get far thanks to the audio glitches, but I've seen enough to know it's not.

This game >>> Himusona 3, 4, and SE's entire library from the past decade.
Unzip

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »
Nailed it, Japan wasnt lying when they said it was the best. Are you going to say Japan, home of the JRPG, is a liar? :lol

Xenoblade is the real deal
fat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »
Try playing with this version of Dolphin to fix the audio skipping: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=14356

I'm not 100% sure if it works though, I'm testing it out right now. I'm 5 hrs into the game with the current version of Dolphin, but if this fixes the sound issues completely I think I'll just start over.
BiSH

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »
Ok, I went back and read the tutorials. Basically the more buddy they are, the chances of a "Chain Link" (the B button occuring) for a maximum of 15 chains. And if you use skills of the same color, it grows stronger each time.

I read about Skill Links, and am I understanding right - it basically means Shulk (or anyone else) can "use" someone else's skill? Do they have to be in the active party for it to work?

For example, I could "borrow" Reyn's skill of increasing max HP. Does Reyn have to be in the party? Or does it affect Shulk whenever.

yes you can borrow party member skills,the more buddies the character are,the more skills you can borrow,right now i'm having shulk borrowing reyn ability to equip heavy armor,he looks quite neat with a heavy armor helmet,like a phantasy star online character

and no it always work whenever the character is in your active party or not

note that if you link a skill and then de-link it,you get your skill coins back so don't worry about wasting them

Every cutscene isnt the least bit embarassing.

::) i'm going to have a flashback to when i didn't have to read moronic comments about jrpg and then get depressed thinking about it :fbm

Best -Nintendo- game

once again this is not better than other jrpg i've played this generation,it's just that people seems to be allergic to linearity and any shade of color like red or blue... so bring them an open field,put some brownish zebra in it,make one of the zebra level 1234 and *BAM* insta-masterpiece that brings modern gaming element while respecting the tradition and other bullshit like that!

anyway... what have i done before my last update? i explored a little of the marsh,got annoyed that the character walk slower when they are in the poisonous bog,got even more annoyed when i had to waste more time fighting crappy level birds who wouldn't leave me alone,got even more more annoyed when i couldn't kill a level 32 named boss because he had a really bullshit special move that dealt 95% of my full health! i even got him to like 0,1% health >:(

but then... something awesome happened!

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

A QUEST GAVE ME THE ABILITY TO CRAFT GEMS WHENEVER I WANT INSTEAD OF GOING BACK TO COLONY 9 EVERYTIME! SING WITH ME! HALLELUJAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH,HALLELUJAAAAAAAAAAAH

between this and the fact that shulk and reys have reached the maximum level of bromance meaning they'll finaly work the maximum number of turns i've been going a bit on a crafting spree
i ended up crafting a level 3 agility up for dunban (which i have started using as to not waste bromance points... i thought he would be worse but i still rather use reyn for serious fights) a level 3 muscle up,and some other level 3 fire gems

Japan wasnt lying when they said it was the best

sorry demi but japan has probably bought more copies of atelier loli than of this game,you lose good sir :smug
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:57:38 PM by magus »
<----

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »
Try playing with this version of Dolphin to fix the audio skipping: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=14356

I'm not 100% sure if it works though, I'm testing it out right now. I'm 5 hrs into the game with the current version of Dolphin, but if this fixes the sound issues completely I think I'll just start over.

I tried that last night, it didn't work for me because the patch is applied to a really old build of Dolphin so the entire performance of the game was majorly dipping. The recent builds run the game decently but sustain the audio problems, so I'm just waiting for someone to apply the audio patch to a more recent and stable build. The entire Dolphin scene is just messy if you don't have a monstrous PC and CPU, which is basically my case as I have to wade through tens of builds both official and custom to find one that runs the game at decent speeds.

Anyhow, test the thing and tell me if it works for you.
Unzip

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2011, 09:00:22 PM »
OMG, I need to download this game now.
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2011, 09:07:47 PM »
You would love it, Joe.
fat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2011, 10:26:39 PM »
Anyhow, test the thing and tell me if it works for you.

I played until you get the Monado with Shulk. So far the audio is fine, but now the framerate is the problem. It's fine out in the field, but in the first dungeon I got 15-17 FPS, and the framerate during a few of the cutscenes afterward were pretty low as well. I only played for an hour, but I figure there will be lots more problems like that with the rest of the game, so I'm not going to bother.
BiSH

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2011, 12:47:17 AM »
been watching quietID play this a bunch, and game looks incredible. I'll jump in once he's done

Bebpo

« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2011, 02:03:22 AM »

Best -Nintendo- game

once again this is not better than other jrpg i've played this generation,it's just that people seems to be allergic to linearity and any shade of color like red or blue... so bring them an open field,put some brownish zebra in it,make one of the zebra level 1234 and *BAM* insta-masterpiece that brings modern gaming element while respecting the tradition and other bullshit like that!

Eh, I play all those other rpgs and like them too, but I definitely think one thing is for certain, there hasn't been a Nintendo-exclusive rpg this good since they days of Chrono Trigger and FFVI.  Sure Baten Katos was cool and all, but this isn't even in the same league.

Plus even without all the non-linearity, exploration, great looking vistas, awesome battle system, I still love it love it love it because the story is fucking GOOD like Xenogears/certain eps of Xenosaga (story will keep getting better and better until the ending credits finish, unlike EVERY OTHER RPG, the plot doesn't fall apart in the end; it just gets MORE AWESOME).

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2011, 02:14:11 AM »
I love how there's just this dinky colony way down below, but up top you have floating cities and well advanced cities. Did they even know about each other? They were like "High Entia? I thought those were myth!"

And I still havent even approached the Mechon continent yet
fat

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2011, 02:47:35 AM »
because the story is fucking GOOD like Xenogears

interest level now 0%
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2011, 03:18:51 AM »
I haven't come across Riki on a cross yet!
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2011, 05:33:27 AM »
there hasn't been a Nintendo-exclusive rpg this good since they days of Chrono Trigger and FFVI.

i liked arc rise fantasia a lot but apparently according to review the game was "grindy" because bosses would actualy kick your ass for once!

awesome battle system

i'm not sure what to think of the battle system,there is a lot of shit happening on the screen but 70% of it is happening without any input from me at all,it seems like there is no way to fail or succeed other than having higher stat,if i get my ass kicked there isn't a lot of decision i can take to prevent another asskicking,remember when i was talking about that mob that i almost killed? when i almost killed him it was because he didn't pull off his best move until quite late in the battle

because the story is fucking GOOD like Xenogears

i hope it gets better because so far the plot is incredibly lame and can be mostly summed up by "evil robots are evil"

Sure Baten Katos was cool and all, but this isn't even in the same league.

why not? baten kaitos had CANDY CITY,CLOUD CITY,ABSTRACT ART CITY... this game has a big plain,baten kaitos battle system was original where this play like any other real-time mmorpg like battle system
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:46:19 AM by magus »
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2011, 06:19:26 AM »
Level 42, just got on Prison Island. I would keep on playing but I must get at least a little sleep... then another day or marathoning this amazing game.
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »
do you have any idea where this barren moor place is? i need to murder a monster there for a quest
<----

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »
w00t game actually runs really good on my comp!  as soon as they put out a sound patch i'm all over this game.  i've barely been able to put up with any jrpgs in the last ten years but i think im really gonna love this one!
pcp

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2011, 10:59:55 AM »
There's a patch to get it to run at 30 fps too, instead of the normal PAL 25 fps shit: http://www.multiupload.com/0HT3E314L0

I hope they fix the sound issues soon. For me, the HLE sound runs perfectly fine, but after a while it gets full of static and you have to reset the game in order to clear it. LLE sound doesn't have the static, but instead the sound become choppy during large battles, so it's pretty much lose/lose right now.
BiSH

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2011, 11:25:59 AM »
reached frontier village and got riki and melia which i believe are the 2 last characters? i was hoping there would be another female character cause i really don't want to use melia and and sharla together just for finishing one quest...

anyway,frontier village already loaded me up with another bunch of boring sidequests and i already feel like hanging myself once again even though i'm sure they are going to do themselves while doing other shit,melia look worthless (she provides buff but i'd rather have,healing and tanking... even dunban shoddy tanking) but riki (who i am 100% sure in a universe where a game doesn't get rated by it's linearity would have picked as "the annoying mascotte character :dur" not that i mind him) sounds usefull even though i'm not really sure why i need to steal stuff when the monsters drop so much garbage already

mmm... what else party is level 36-37,i went back and murdered the shit out of that mob i couldn't kill,the only difference between the last time? i was 2 level higher and dealed more damage so he died before being able to pull off his bullshit attack,i also finished most of the marsh quests,with the exception of that "barren moor" one

w00t game actually runs really good on my comp!  as soon as they put out a sound patch i'm all over this game.  i've barely been able to put up with any jrpgs in the last ten years but i think im really gonna love this one!

:fbm
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:34:00 AM by magus »
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2011, 01:44:36 PM »
Magus is trying his hardest to NOT enjoy this game. :lol

btw, Riki is great. Tons of HP, has a heal spell, poison, and more. I use Shulk, Riki, and Reyn.
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
Magus is trying his hardest to NOT enjoy this game.

i am not sure why people keep saying this? because i say the sidequests are boring? well they are!
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2011, 01:52:10 PM »
So don't do them :lol

fat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
I don't see any reason to use any group besides Shulk, Sharla, and Reyn. Sharla's the best healer, Reyn's the tank, and Shulk has the Monado. Seems like any other group will be weak in at least one area by comparison.
BiSH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »
Disagree beyond words. Sharla is easily bottom rung. Dunban's high agility makes him very evasive so enemies have a hard time hitting him in the first place, and Riki has -tons of HP- making him a mini-tank (literally), has a great moveset, and even has a Heal (depending on position can heal all 3 characters).

You'll understand

Just woke up, so it's back to a marathon of GREATEST JRPG
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:00:10 PM by demi »
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
So don't do them :lol

even if i just go forward and ignore all the quest i still have to walk all over the map (which is what make the sidequest a chore) while horde and horde of low level mob which i have no reason to fight appear,basicaly it's do the quest and at least get happy and annoyed at the same time,or just be annoyed and play it like an hiking simulator,if they at least bothered to put more monsters than bunnies and frogs... at least this area has dino's in it!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:04:27 PM by magus »
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »
Sorry to hear. I love exploring the environments.
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2011, 02:17:32 PM »
and i do not but i do like the rest of the game,does that mean i'm trying my hardest to not enjoy the game?
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2011, 02:22:47 PM »
Uh, yea? Have you read all that you posted? :lol
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
nope i posted blindfolded
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
Holy shit Prison Island - shit gets real : O
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »
and i do not but i do like the rest of the game,does that mean i'm trying my hardest to not enjoy the game?

dude i have never met a gamer that whines about what he plays more than you do. yeah games have flaws but jesus you cry about them constantly.  i dont understand why you seem to play though so many games that you dont like.

its also lol that you complain about so many good games but yr pissed that you cant play those pedo jrpgs :lol
pcp

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »
that's how i post,it's not my intention to piss people off :-[

i dont understand why you seem to play though so many games that you dont like.

and this is what also people don't get,if i'm playing it,i like it,if i complain about something,i just don't like it that much,it's still possible to only half-like things on the internet right? :(

i just wish to bring some sanity to that stupid mass that it's the internet that declares "GREATEST GAME EVER" at the slighest touch of hat,i do not do it for e-creed or stuff like that,i just like being grumpy and negative,i think it's more interessing this way

its also lol that you complain about so many good games but yr pissed that you cant play those pedo jrpgs

those pedo jrpgs are made by a developer which has made tons of game i liked,it's really annoying seeing them diminished to "molestation joke" only because they have animu visuals
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:07:44 PM by magus »
<----

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2011, 04:14:33 PM »
Oh wow, some guy made a texture replacement patch for Xenoblade that replaces classic controller button prompts with 360 button prompts.  :hyper

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=18605&pid=167389#pid167389

48.5%...seed you bastards, seed!
©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
those pedo jrpgs are made by a developer which has made tons of game i liked,it's really annoying seeing them diminished to "molestation joke" only because they have animu visuals

If they're so good, why don't they make something that's not disgustingly underage? Scared they will lose some sales? :smug
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:26 PM »
found a version that runs great and fixes the audio bug!

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=14356

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :gun :hyper :hyper :hyper :gun :hyper :hyper :hyper :gun

too bad the weekends over....
pcp

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2011, 05:05:01 PM »

If they're so good, why don't they make something that's not disgustingly underage? Scared they will lose some sales? :smug

well the next game is going to have underage boys instead of underage girls

so there!
<----

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2011, 05:18:40 PM »
All this talk about the game... really dying to play it. I'm totally gonna catass this game when I get my copy... fuck meeting new girls, fuck buying furniture or doing any house-related stuff... I am so fucking hyped.
^_^

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »
Damn, I gotta stop reading this thread, or uh, Demi could start using the spoiler tag :/ I'm getting behind, hardly played any during the weekend  :'(
◕‿◕

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »
should i put my next update in spoiler tag? i think i spoiled myself more stuff than demi? :-[
<----

naff

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2011, 06:59:21 PM »
Well, yeah. Just story specific stuff. I'm not bothered by general stuff. I haven't read your last few updates though so I guess that's why I just said Demi* :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I read what Demi posted about the cities in the sky, and them only being thought of as a myth beforehand. A kinda cool piece of the plot that should be tagged imo
[close]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:02:43 PM by quietID »
◕‿◕

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »
I have played over 40 hours of this game this weekend alone, and every time I see a cutscene it makes me want to play further.
fat

naff

« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
I've played 5 hours today just doing colony 9 sidequests. Really hungover and doing fetch quests for hours is really relaxing in this game. The Leopold and King Squeeze quest was the highlight so far.
◕‿◕

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2011, 01:09:30 AM »
Level 53, Galahad Fortress

Looked at a J-Guide... still got a bit to go yet. Spoiled myself on the final boss, too. lol
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2011, 02:35:47 AM »
Non-spoiler way of figuring out where you are is the levels.  Main game goes through about lvl.80 mobs.  You gotta do the last 20 levels yourself for optional mobs/bonus dungeons.  89/90-99 are really painless because the bonus dungeon enemies start at lvl.93 and you can grind fast against them.  ~82-89 takes FOREVER and is the only grind in the game.

The game also gets a lot more story heavy in the last 30% of the areas, so there's still a lot left for you demi.  Plus some cool areas that will take a while to fully map out and do quests.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2011, 07:02:11 AM »
i think i might have spoiled myself some important plot part by reading the gaf thread... i blame those moron for putting spoiler on anything

I JUST FOUND A WEAPON CALLED <spoiler>nameoftheweapon</closetag>

uh anyway i need a hot day in the jungle to kill a named mob,but what makes a hot day different from a normal day? rain,i can understand... but what makes it a hot day?

oh i've made an interessing discovery,there is another way to raise affinity between the party members which the game doesn't explain

you can have one character give collectibles to another character as a gift from the item menu
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:00:17 AM by magus »
<----

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2011, 09:07:13 AM »
BRB, playing the JRPG of the forever.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wish I could call in sick today, but I've already taken two days off this month.  :'(
[close]
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »
So good.

©@©™

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2011, 09:48:33 AM »
I'm glad you are enjoying it, Joe. If it comes to America, you have to buy it now. Games like this shouldn't be pirated.
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »
Nintendo titles have assaulted the top 10, as niche 9/10 Wii-exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles turned up in seventh place.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-22-uk-top-40-zumba-top-zelda-rises

"bububub NoA is just being business-smart in not releasing it!"
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2011, 09:59:34 AM »
I'm glad you are enjoying it, Joe. If it comes to America, you have to buy it now. Games like this shouldn't be pirated.

Oh, I definitely will. I'm no Magus.
©@©™

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2011, 10:03:55 AM »

Oh, I definitely will. I'm no Magus.

:rofl
cat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2011, 10:53:02 AM »
Finally got to play some Xenoblade today! It's basically the JRPG I've been waiting all generation to play, nothing else even comes close. Oh, there have been some that are pretty good and that I enjoyed [Resonance of Fate and Nier, mostly] but Xenoblade just hits so many of the right notes. And I've only just played the first hour!
dog