Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1792412 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
demi fucking with black posters? what else is new

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
LEAVE SONY FANS ALONE!
Drunk

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #17402 on: October 29, 2010, 10:53:25 PM »
I like SA's moderation. We might have to do the same here with Methodis. He just never cleans up his act.

If you didn't notice they've given me about 5 "Last Chance"'s.
USA

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
[youtube=560,345]fJJX1if_LFk& [/youtube]

Heard this song for the first time. I love it, it's grimey as fuck. Hard to believe its a cover from the early 60's.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #17404 on: October 29, 2010, 11:07:46 PM »
That doesn't even sound like the Black keys.
USA

Robo

Are you kidding?  The Black Keys recorded three consecutive albums of nothing but THAT.
obo

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17406 on: October 29, 2010, 11:28:26 PM »
I was talking about the vocals, not the feel of the music.
USA

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]HbGgzGxBQDw[/youtube]

Willco sighting :drudge

Beezy

BASED HAM

Himu

« Reply #17409 on: October 29, 2010, 11:54:17 PM »
Methodis shits up other forums too! Here's his profile from being banned repeatedly for being a douche tard in the Rock Band forums at Something Awful:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=161870

PROBATION   10/28/10 10:48pm   Methodis   Whether you were joking or not, your posts in the Rock Band suck. major. donkey. dicks. Last warning. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.
PROBATION   10/18/10 08:32pm   Methodis   Didn't I tell you to stop the shit posts in the Rock Band thread? Last warning. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.
PROBATION   10/07/10 09:57pm   Methodis   Just about all your posts in the Rock Band thread are shit. Knock it off. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

Those distinguished effete fellows deserve it, they are the worst and biggest babies ever. If you say one thing negative about RB they get upset.

:smug

PROBATION   04/26/07 10:59am   Himuro   Tremendous amount of image leeching User loses posting privileges for 1 month.   qirex   
PROBATION   03/25/07 01:13pm   Himuro   Keep it in YCS man, nobody cares here. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.   AxeManiac

:smug

Qirex sucks. iirc that dude posted on gaf, too. Just like that louisgod homo. It wasn't even a significant amount of image leeching lol It was on accident.
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17410 on: October 30, 2010, 12:40:52 AM »
SomethingAwful is the worst unless you suck the teete of whatever celebrity they have there. They're like GAF x 1000 in that regards
USA

Himu

Not really. SA is pretty laid back. Far more so than gaf.
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17412 on: October 30, 2010, 12:45:40 AM »
Ya i love SA fuck all other forums
USA

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
And yet you losers fucking pay to post there smh.
Drunk

Himu

It depends on the forum, certain forums operate in different wave lengths. So gbs is a totally different category than fyad or byob and different rules are made accordingly. Different parts of the board have different communities and within those boards you have insular communities. Of course the Rock Band thread is going to respond to your stupid ass posts negatively. SA isn't gaf. This is what we call good moderation. If you want to troll go to Your Console Sucks.
IYKYK

Himu

And yet you losers fucking pay to post there smh.

???

I paid a measly 10 dollars, and some change (so I could have platinum) like 4 years ago.
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17416 on: October 30, 2010, 12:49:42 AM »
No way im never going to any RFA I dont want forums cancer.

I'm surprised someone spent $10 on changing my avatar and custom title though.
USA

Himu

???

YCS used to own. Haven't checked out the RFA version. I'm pissed they put BYOB under that shit. BYOB is chillax, yo.
IYKYK

Oblivion

Qirex isn't a mod anymore is he?

Himu

no
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #17420 on: October 30, 2010, 01:36:51 AM »
I like SA's moderation. We might have to do the same here with Methodis. He just never cleans up his act.

If you didn't notice they've given me about 5 "Last Chance"'s.

Wow that's 4 more than us, guess you are really lucky here!
fat

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17421 on: October 30, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »
demi why you gotta be so mean you have to admit i've done better than the last 3 times  :(
USA

Tieno

• Iconz
why is methodis the worst poster ever? I've never noticed him before.
i

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17423 on: October 30, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »
what the...how the...how...
USA

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]aopZR2hK8I4[/youtube]

:lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I watched the David Hasselhoff Roast last night and Gilber Gottfried fucking killed...

“Actually Lisa played an important role in African American history. The last black man to pick cotton was yanking out her tampon"

Oh man.
:9

Himu

I watched the David Hasselhoff Roast last night and Gilber Gottfried fucking killed...

“Actually Lisa played an important role in African American history. The last black man to pick cotton was yanking out her tampon"

Oh man.

:rofl
IYKYK

ToxicAdam

:lol

Wow, Gilbert is great.

Beezy

lisa...?

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17429 on: October 30, 2010, 10:39:31 PM »
lampanelli i'd guess
USA

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Yeah, what methodis said. The joke is playing off her rather obnoxious jokes regarding how she likes to fuck black dudes (she's also a very big woman).

I think it was Gilbert who started on her with a joke that went something like

"I'm told lisa had a little bit of trouble choosing what to wear this evening. She couldn't decide between the honey glaze or pineapple slices."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:18:40 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

ToxicAdam

[youtube=560,345]E6nrdCDG-zo [/youtube]

The song is okay, but I like the video concept.

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
Is it wrong to say that I want this car?

Italians just do it better.  8)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Looks like a Hot Wheels car.

Actually, scratch that, it looks like a MATCHBOX car.
dog

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Is it wrong to say that I want this car?

(Image removed from quote.)

Italians just do it better.  8)

Umm, ya, that seems wrong

If I were to buy a subcompact, I think I'd go with a fiesta.
MMA

Tieno

• Iconz
A friend of mine has one of those. I drove his fiat and it's a feisty car, very nimble, very fun.
i

Tieno

• Iconz
i

Tieno

• Iconz
i

Tieno

• Iconz
i

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I lol'd at a couple of those
🍆🍆

archie4208

I'm reading the Killzone 3 beta thread and Sonybros are turning on each other.  :'(

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
[youtube=560,345]E6nrdCDG-zo [/youtube]

The song is okay, but I like the video concept.

They've always done visually interesting videos. My favorite song of theirs.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
I'm reading the Killzone 3 beta thread and Sonybros are turning on each other.  :'(

Yea that beta is not going over well with them at all  :lol

Now made worse with this "news"

Q: Spawn Grenades, are they in or out?!

A: Spawn Grenades are out and won’t be coming back. We feel that bringing in Tactical Spawn Points have made the game better, not worse. And this is why: although Spawn Grenades could make or break a battle and turn the tide of the Warzone game, it was causing far more problems than it was solving. In a big number of games this was causing a massive amount of unnecessary spawns, kills and deaths. Sure there are a small number of people who place and use Spawn Grenades correctly, but for the vast majority it was killing the game. They had to go. At the moment we are still tweaking the TPS points to make sure, camping, neutralizing and capturing these points will become as good as we can get it. But we won’t take them out and go back to Spawn Grenades.

Q: Custom Games, are they in or out?!

A: Custom Games are out too. We have chosen for Matchmaking for a couple of reasons: to reduce the large amount of exploits, to make sure players are put in better competitive matches and to make it easier for people to find games. As we have noticed Matchmaking is not working properly yet. We are working hard to fix that, but it doesn’t mean the choice is not valid. Custom games created unreadable lists with a plethora of different games, but very often not the game that a player is trying to find. Yes, we have taken away some of the freedom, but we’ve replaced it with a much easier, user friendly system

Stoney Mason

nuke em all.

Stoney Mason

For what its worth I don't really follow the Killzone series so I don't know if the changes they've made are good or not. I do know Killzone fans shitted up that board hardcore for like 2 years so its nice to see the worm turn.

That being said whenever people post stuff like this.

Quote from: agaru
I swear, this multiplayer would have been a dream come true had they hired GAF to design it. :lol

Most of the criticism and feedback in this thread is spot on.

I'm more inclined to believe the devs know what they are doing. I know a lot of regular people who had a lot of issues with Killzone 2. So the gaf sample crowd is probably the worst to follow when building a game. 

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I don't think the collective GAF opinion should be taken account into anything regarding or associating with games period.  That includes websites, podcasts/vidcasts, game design, etc.
🍆🍆

Himu

I think that's it for me. If it weren't for the black culture thread and the manga thread (which apparently is going to be killed in the not-so-distant future) I would simply log out of gaf. I can't take it anymore. Every thread turns into some huge stink, mods take threads off topic, in the o-t every poster thinks they're funny and the whole thread is nothing but puns for 100 posts, there is a distinct lack of game discussion that pertains to me, and quite honestly I am not having any fun posting there outside of that black thread.

But it seems utterly silly to keep posting for merely two threads full of people you DO like.
IYKYK

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
I still like TV-GAF, it's mostly filled with smart people intelligently discussing the show.

Other than that, I mostly visit it because I don't really read any new aggregate sites, so alot of news/weird storys bubble up to the OT but I usually just read the OP then bail b4 the puns.
___

drew

• sy
ed banger used to be my shit

Himu

TV-GAF is cool.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

I always say the same thing. 70% of GAF is absolutely fine. There are a lot of good posters over there.

The problem is the moderation and the fact that the 30% of shitty posters can absolutely destroy or derail any thread into a shit pile.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I've actually started to get back into GAF in the past few weeks.  I think it is pretty entertaining.

I always say the same thing. 70% of GAF is absolutely fine. There are a lot of good posters over there.

The problem is the moderation and the fact that the 30% of shitty posters can absolutely destroy or derail any thread into a shit pile.

I agree that there is kind of a pareto principle thing going on with GAF.
🍆🍆

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
All news broadcasts should be like that.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
the absolute worst decision any type of creator can make is listening to the fans

except for "fix this broken game so i can play it, you shitheads" - they should always listen to that
sup

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17455 on: October 31, 2010, 03:53:54 PM »
What music player does everyone use? My Winamp is being really really lame and not working for some odd reason.
USA

archie4208

foobar2000

drew

• sy
itunes, because im cool

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #17458 on: October 31, 2010, 05:59:10 PM »
iTunes can't even play FLAC  :-\
USA

drew

• sy
i dont even know what that is, case in point 8)