Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1855743 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
obama admin response: hey guys lets talk about the deficit some more!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Republicans will hate him no matter what, Democrats are unhappy about lopsided compromises.
dog

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
President Rick Perry
President Mitt Romney
Both sound good.

Phoenix Dark

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/15/obamas-jobs-agenda_n_927325.html#s308343&title=More_Investment_in

None of that shit was on the radar when dems controlled government. There has been very little focus on jobs or the economy since the stimulus was passed.

With unemployment high and not coming down fast enough, it's hard to see how Obama will win against a decent opponent.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Cheebs was so certain that the economy was going to rebound fast...after all, Larry Summers went to MIT when he was 16 years old!
🍆🍆

Fresh Prince

Yeah Cheebs is a stupid college kid.

Phoenix Dark

Cheebs has a masters degree. Do you?

Fresh Prince

In what? Economics? How is that relevant?
I can't believe you pulled out the 'he has a degree' card. Michelle Bachmann's a lawyer. I guess she's smarter than all of us.

Let him fight his own fights.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:36:23 PM by Fresh Prince »

Phoenix Dark

Cheebs has a cute gf, do you?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Michele Bachmann has an LL.M. while Barack Obama only has a pathetic JD.
🍆🍆

Fresh Prince

Cheebs has a cute gf, do you?
You're not that cute, tbh. Stop defending you boyfriend and tell him to get his arse in here.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
"an economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today"

that joke sums up my life

Phoenix Dark

Mandark

• Icon
One of my libertarian facebook friends pulled the "I have an economics degree so i know what i'm talking about" on me and i was like, well Krugman has a PhD and a fucking nobel prize and you don't listen to him and he was all :santocry

:lol

One of my favorite exchanges was when Michael Kinsley wrote a column warning about inflation a couple years ago, and Krugman said he was confusing two types of inflation and that it was a "textbook mistake".

Kinsley got all huffy and said something to the effect of "Well, this difference isn't explained in the textbook I have!" and Krugman was all "Yeah, well it's in the textbook that I wrote."

The guy gets to be own Marshall McLuhan, so jealous.

Fresh Prince

Everybody is an expert of everything nowadays.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

yes. cheebs is a stupid college kid.
duc

Phoenix Dark

I'm having dinner with Cheebs tomorrow, fuck you guys!

Fresh Prince

I hope you enjoy your date.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I'm having dinner with Cheebs tomorrow, fuck you guys!

Ah, so his salad is the one being tossed.  Does he prefer jelly or syrup?
yar

Mandark

• Icon
A wild PhoenixDark appears!

Troll attack!

In what? Economics? How is that relevant?
I can't believe you pulled out the 'he has a degree' card. Michelle Bachmann's a lawyer. I guess she's smarter than all of us.

Let him fight his own fights.

It's super effective!

Fresh Prince

I swear PD is a stereotypical black man. It's always how much you make (re: Bebpo), who you're fucking (re: Cheebs), what's your status(re: Cheebs again). Jesus bring an educated and eloquent point of view across and I'll read it and consider it. I don't really care who you are.

And it's not even part of his joke persona. This is the shit he always brings in any argument. I guess the virgin shit must of stung as a retort to every argument he made so he decided to co-opt it. Hell if he'd actually argued why Cheebs is not a stereotypical liberal college student who naively believes a well-written editorial piece by somebody with platitudes I might of actually believed him.

Don't worry PD when you're making six figures and wifey a white chick everybody will listen to your opinions and agree with them.

Mandark

• Icon
smh

Fresh Prince

Nah it's not part of his troll.

Phoenix Dark

Bepbo never falls for the bait. You on the other hand...

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Fresh Prince

Nah I know you're just covering. Laugh it off as a joke. I never fallen for your trolls before. At the end of the day you're insecure. You know what I said is 100% true.

Oblivion

FP, I think you need to chill out a bit...

(or "chillax" as the kids say)

Phoenix Dark

Nah I know you're just covering. Laugh it off as a joke. I never fallen for your trolls before. At the end of the day you're insecure. You know what I said is 100% true.

Fresh Prince

I am cool. Laugh it off, PD. Laugh, laugh, laugh and then cry into your pillow at night.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
look at the titles of all the MANY threads youve made in the last few days and ask yrself if yr in any position to judge other ppl
pcp

Fresh Prince

look at the titles of all the MANY threads youve made in the last few days and ask yrself if yr in any position to judge other ppl
I'm bored. This is the only forum I post in.

Oblivion

There's always gaf.

Phoenix Dark

I am cool. Laugh it off, PD. Laugh, laugh, laugh and then cry into your pillow at night.

I was simply pointing out that while Cheebs is not an expert, he is clearly a more reputable source of knowledge than you, given his educational credentials. I wasn't trying to embarrass you, and my intention wasn't to make you angry. But clearly I would put general trust in Cheebs before you. Unless I'm off base and you have a masters degree as well (which I doubt given your posting history)

Fresh Prince

No you do make me angry. This board while small is relatively honest about it's personal life and it's opinions but you always have this vindictive streak (some would say trolling) in you that nobody else on this board has. I ignored Bebpo because I was scared I was going to say something offensive again to him yet it was you before that repeatedly make it a point so clearly to pin him about his profession and salary and not getting what he wants out of a relationship. You did the same with drew regarding his profession even though you've lurked and know that he isn't a waiter but rather a cook and you choose to castigate him over a youtube video for no other reason to get a rise out of him. Has nobody asked themselves why you must be this half troll-half coherent poster character? It's obvious that you're insecure and unhappy about who you are and have this personal vindictive streak you have just seethes out of you so you can feel better about your own life. People simply just dismissed as part of your 'charm' but I noticed it.

Also if you've been in the professional sphere you'd know of the different forms of intelligence and that just because some one has a 'better' degree it does not make them a better professional or their opinions more valid. Also nice dig on the way out. 

Phoenix Dark

No you do make me angry. This board while small is relatively honest about it's personal life and it's opinions but you always have this vindictive streak (some would say trolling) in you that nobody else on this board has. I ignored Bebpo because I was scared I was going to say something offensive again to him yet it was you before that repeatedly make it a point so clearly to pin him about his profession and salary and not getting what he wants out of a relationship. You did the same with drew regarding his profession even though you've lurked and know that he isn't a waiter but rather a cook and you choose to castigate him over a youtube video for no other reason to get a rise out of him. Has nobody asked themselves why you must be this half troll-half coherent poster character? It's obvious that you're insecure and unhappy about who you are and have this personal vindictive streak you have just seethes out of you so you can feel better about your own life. People simply just dismissed as part of your 'charm' but I noticed it.

Also if you've been in the professional sphere you'd know of the different forms of intelligence and that just because some one has a 'better' degree it does not make them a better professional or their opinions more valid. Also nice dig on the way out. 

I guess I'll take the highroad and apologize for upsetting you so much.

Fresh Prince

Fuck that, PD. Admit that's what you've been doing and somebody finally called you out on it.

Fuck that, PD. Admit that's what you've been doing and somebody finally called you out on it.
野球

Phoenix Dark

You've got to be shitting me  :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
FIRST AMIR0X
NOW PHOENIX DARK
THE OLD GODS ARE CRUMBLING
dog

Fresh Prince

Nah PD, I'm dead serious. It's alright to look insecure on the internet. You're going to be proof of that.

Fresh Prince

Fuck this. I'm right. He's wrong. You take too long. You're going on ignore that's what'll hurt you the most you attention whore.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:17:22 AM by Fresh Prince »

Phoenix Dark

Fuck this. I'm right. He's wrong. You take too long. You're going on ignore that's what'll hurt you the most you attention whore.

One throwaway troll and you piss your pants. Oh well, welcome back to EB

Fresh Prince

He's too late.

Fresh Prince

Go on with the thread as per usual.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

Well there's a degree and then there's a "degree"

After finishing college, the two committed young Christians moved to Oklahoma, where Michele entered one of the most ridiculous learning institutions in the Western Hemisphere, a sort of highway rest area with legal accreditation called the O.W. Coburn School of Law; Michele was a member of its inaugural class in 1979.

Originally a division of Oral Roberts University, this august academy, dedicated to the teaching of "the law from a biblical worldview," has gone through no fewer than three names — including the Christian Broadcasting Network School of Law. Those familiar with the darker chapters in George W. Bush's presidency might recognize the school's current name, the Regent University School of Law. Yes, this was the tiny educational outhouse that, despite being the 136th-ranked law school in the country, where 60 percent of graduates flunked the bar, produced a flood of entrants into the Bush Justice Department.
___

Fresh Prince

I'm well aware of that since I linked the article and that was supposed to highlight the significance of Cheebs 'masters' of 'what' from 'where'?

And then the 'what' and the 'where' isn't really a good indication because of George W. Bush himself earned a MASTERS of BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION at YALE. He managed the economy just fine.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:11:18 AM by Fresh Prince »

Mandark

• Icon
The worrisome part of that profile, and of the whole evangelical Christian political movement in the US in general, is how a pretty substantial chunk of the country is dropping out of social institutions and building its own parallel ones.  Religious colleges, the home school movement, books and documentaries that get treated like samizdat, novels, music, etc.

I'm always optimistic that America will pull through, or at least muddle along, despite all the anger and discord and crap in our politics, because at the end of the day everyone has to live with each other.  I don't think hardcore Christians are going to go to the lengths that Scientologists or fringe Mormons do, but millions of people deliberately alienating themselves from the rest of the country is an unsettling idea.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
One of my libertarian facebook friends pulled the "I have an economics degree so i know what i'm talking about" on me and i was like, well Krugman has a PhD and a fucking nobel prize and you don't listen to him and he was all :santocry

One of my favorite exchanges was when Michael Kinsley wrote a column warning about inflation a couple years ago, and Krugman said he was confusing two types of inflation and that it was a "textbook mistake".

Kinsley got all huffy and said something to the effect of "Well, this difference isn't explained in the textbook I have!" and Krugman was all "Yeah, well it's in the textbook that I wrote."

The guy gets to be own Marshall McLuhan, so jealous.

Krugman's thin skin probably shouldn't be an admirable quality, but I approve because it makes him say totally awesome things.
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon
The other week K-thug and Grover Norquist were on the same Sunday morning flapping heads show, and Grover basically spewed out all of his talking points in 30-45 seconds, and Krugman was just like "uh, nothing you just said is true.  nothing." :lol
yar

Oblivion

The other week K-thug and Grover Norquist were on the same Sunday morning flapping heads show, and Grover basically spewed out all of his talking points in 30-45 seconds, and Krugman was just like "uh, nothing you just said is true.  nothing." :lol

Got a link by any chance?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
It was This Week on ABC with Christianne "AIPAC hates me" Amanpour from two weeks ago I want to say?  Maybe 3?  Not showing up on the site's front page and I don't care enough to dig for it.
yar

Fresh Prince

The worrisome part of that profile, and of the whole evangelical Christian political movement in the US in general, is how a pretty substantial chunk of the country is dropping out of social institutions and building its own parallel ones.  Religious colleges, the home school movement, books and documentaries that get treated like samizdat, novels, music, etc.

I'm always optimistic that America will pull through, or at least muddle along, despite all the anger and discord and crap in our politics, because at the end of the day everyone has to live with each other.  I don't think hardcore Christians are going to go to the lengths that Scientologists or fringe Mormons do, but millions of people deliberately alienating themselves from the rest of the country is an unsettling idea.
You have conservatives that build these institutions because of people like Cheebs and his friend who think just because they have a degree it allows them to spew whatever bullshit they want. Look guys I know you're very proud of your degrees. Hell mine cost me nights out and pussy but hell sometimes a degree is just a piece of paper and nothing is going to save you from the real world except experience and quick learning.

I'm not a fan of people diminishing education but when it gives rise to 'stupid college kids' who are smarmy as fuck what do you expect?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:35:58 AM by Fresh Prince »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
shut the fuck up fresh prince
püp

Mandark

• Icon

During the Bush administration Krugman was sort of a beacon as one of the only outspoken liberals to regularly get space in a prime op-ed section, but he's been super-valuable the last few years explaining the economic situation, which has been right in his wheelhouse.

He's also been spot on about the deficit and its attendant inflation crisis which keeps not happening.  It's a little depressing to see the people who were wrong in their predictions a few years ago lose none of their cachet, while half the people who follow politics closely will always write off Krugman no matter how many things he gets right.

Fresh Prince

Ignore me but don't tell me to shut up. I'll damn well say what I want.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Mandark- that's because Krugman is Shrill.  Al Gore, however, is never Shrill- always Fat.  And Michael Moore is Fat and a Liar.
yar

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Cmon this is going so slow, more posts now

Edit: whoa what the fuck how did I do this quick edit thing? Also I'm hoping for M. Night Shamalamadingdong ending where FP and PD are the same Asian girl.

I love it when Spencer posts high.  :lol
MMA

Phoenix Dark

When I imagine Obama reading the NYT he flips past Krugman as fast as possible to get to Brooks  :'(

Oblivion

holy shit:

Michele Bachmann gave Elvis Presley, whose songs she uses at her events, happy birthday wishes today while she was in Spartanburg, S.C.

Unfortunately, today's the 34th anniversary of the day he died.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61493.html

:lol :lol :lol