Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1856093 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #13920 on: September 13, 2011, 09:48:01 PM »
30min youtube video? I'm not surprised: a libertarian's definition "great" is "how long something is."

tl;dr version:

Banks are the physical incarnation of pure evil. Gold standard, y'all!

too short didn't read, please rephrase in a 30min or 30page monologue

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #13921 on: September 13, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »
Galt's speech actually takes 3 hours. :teehee
___

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #13922 on: September 13, 2011, 10:51:29 PM »
Yikes, if you expand the video description you get a bunch of tinfoil hat stuff about the Vatican running the world economy via the Jesuits and the Trilateral Commission.

Also, comment on the first page:

Stupid??? You really don't know what your talking about do you? If currency is not backed by something of worth then it is worthless. A dollar used to represent a dollar worth of gold. Now it represents nothing, it is worth nothing, logically.

Yeah!  You knew a dollar was worth something because it used to buy a dollar's worth of gold, which has an intrinsic value of... a dollar!  Try buying a dollar's worth of gold today, and see if they'll accept a dollar.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It would be worth having FoC back if it meant another gold standard rant from Patel.
[close]

Oblivion

« Reply #13923 on: September 13, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »
Wow, never would have guessed Rick Perry would be to the left of Jaydubya.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-perry-taken-aback-by-audience-cheering-hypothetical-death-of-uninsured-man/

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13924 on: September 13, 2011, 11:28:27 PM »

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-perry-taken-aback-by-audience-cheering-hypothetical-death-of-uninsured-man/

From the comments page:

Like forced vaccination on pre-adolescent, not yet sexually active grade schoolers.  That is not life saving, it is stripped liberty.

:rofl
dog

Oblivion

« Reply #13925 on: September 13, 2011, 11:31:43 PM »
The comments on that page from the Tea Partiers are actually fairly subdued (relatively speaking) interestingly enough. I guess they realize they can't actually defend such people without proving the point.

« Reply #13926 on: September 13, 2011, 11:40:53 PM »

From the comments page:

Like forced vaccination on pre-adolescent, not yet sexually active grade schoolers.  That is not life saving, it is stripped liberty.

:rofl

It's that girl's God-given right to develop cervical cancer some day. How dare you take that from her!
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13927 on: September 13, 2011, 11:59:20 PM »
jeez, Jews are abandoning dems/Obama like crazy tonight in NY-09. Some numbers from sunday
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/09/11/1015884/-NY-09:-Obama-turns-Weprin-into-Toast-Turner-Leads-47-41-Updates

Looks like the republican is going to win by 10%, the same margin Obama won the district back in 2008. Weiner fans tended to glance over his super pro-Israel stances

Cheebo

« Reply #13928 on: September 14, 2011, 06:13:30 AM »
You thought there was going to be a counter-wave to the Democrats? Congress is long gone, regardless if Obama somehow finds himself with a second term.
₩‰\

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #13929 on: September 14, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
Slut

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #13930 on: September 14, 2011, 10:13:55 AM »
GARDASIL helps protect males and females ages 9 to 26 from 90% of genital warts cases. GARDASIL also helps protect females ages 9 to 26 from about 75% of cervical, 70% of vaginal, and up to 50% of vulvar cancer cases.

Green Shinobi was working on a vaccine that would work against 100% of the HPV strains all the time and it was going to be really awesome, but then big pharma ruined it.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #13931 on: September 14, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#44511553

haha poor Ron Paul sounds like some crazy gold prospector when he talks
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #13932 on: September 14, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »
CONSTITUTIOOOOOOOOOON! 

[youtube=560,345]2FzJfxyugek&[/youtube]

RON PAUL 2012!
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13933 on: September 14, 2011, 12:21:41 PM »
In the fifth grade when I tried out for the basketball team we were doing shots from 11 different locations near the goal.  I was nervous because not only was I younger than most of the guys, I was the new kid in a school with about 60 kids.  So some of the guys waiting in line after me were talking shit while I was trying to concentrate.  My sister's boyfriend who was on the varsity 7th grade team (and the only other black kid in school besides my sister) punched one of them in the stomach for me.  Nice guy.  I ended up making the team but I became smitten with band instead and dropped basketball in the 6th grade. 

The lesson I learned from that year was that I probably would have been more successful and less of an outcast if I would have stuck with basketball instead of becoming a band geek.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #13934 on: September 14, 2011, 12:24:04 PM »
This isnt related to anything currently being discussed but I thought I'd share a story.

In fifth grade, I was on a basketball team. At half time, we switched baskets and had a new jump off. The jump off concluded with me with the ball. I immediately started running towards the basket, everyone else went the other way and one of the referees blew his whistle so I stopped. It turns out that everyone else had gone the wrong way, and the majority of people were confused because of the hoop switch. What I should have done was finish my drive and taken the easy shot.

The lesson I learned that day was being in the minority does not make you wrong.

However, wanting to do away with all regulations on the financial sector makes you a fucking moron.  Or in your case, blatantly overlooking that because HEY WEED makes you a useful idiot for shady characters.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13935 on: September 14, 2011, 12:26:22 PM »
Being in the minority also doesn't make you RIGHT.
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #13936 on: September 14, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »
I'd also like to share a story.  When I was in fifth grade I was on a rec league soccer team.  One game, the ref blew the whistle to start and I assumed my position as centre-back.  However, instead of paying attention to the game, my teammates started telling smugly self-congratulatory anecdotes and acting like they knew shit about epidemiology.  We lost that game.

The lesson I learned that day was not to trust libertarian autodidacts to make health policy or maintain and offside trap.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #13937 on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:19 PM »
All I was saying, which like I said is outside any conversation going on or any other views I have is this:

Even if someone were to come along with an objectively perfect plan (if such a thing exists) for our country, and again I don't think Ron Paul or any candidate we have to choose from is perfect, we'd probably shoe them off as crazy.

How high are you right now?  Real talk.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #13938 on: September 14, 2011, 01:12:32 PM »
I'd also like to share a story.  When I was in fifth grade I was on a rec league soccer team.  One game, the ref blew the whistle to start and I assumed my position as centre-back.  However, instead of paying attention to the game, my teammates started telling smugly self-congratulatory anecdotes and acting like they knew shit about epidemiology.  We lost that game.

The lesson I learned that day was not to trust libertarian autodidacts to make health policy or maintain and offside trap.

:lol
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #13939 on: September 14, 2011, 01:46:54 PM »
Spencer, if the best of your contribution to the thread/debate is going to consist of irrelevant childhood sporting anecdotes, you will have earned the ridicule.
MMA

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13940 on: September 14, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »
Lets save this tuff talk when Ron is running in the national election!
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13942 on: September 14, 2011, 02:04:04 PM »
 :-[

Cheebo

« Reply #13943 on: September 14, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »
Sooooo... Sarah Palin fucked Glen Rice. Too bad she isn't relevant politically anymore or maybe I could have tried to care about this.
₩‰\

Himu

« Reply #13944 on: September 14, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »
Hell yeah, girl, get that black dick
IYKYK

Cheebo

« Reply #13945 on: September 14, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »
What I found surprising was how quickly the mainstream media types like the Washington Post reported it. Usually this stuff has to be all over before the big guys report it. Crazy. Good for Glen Rice though.  :lol
₩‰\

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13946 on: September 14, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
30min youtube video? I'm not surprised: a libertarian's definition "great" is "how long something is."

Actually, he said that it's the "cliffs notes" version of "The Creature From Jeckyll Island", his favorite book.
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13947 on: September 14, 2011, 04:11:27 PM »
As much as I hate Sarah Palin I can't help but hate that this is the perfect example of what's wrong with "news" in the US. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13948 on: September 14, 2011, 04:13:58 PM »
I like Palin more now

but yea, the media sucks

Cheebo

« Reply #13949 on: September 14, 2011, 04:17:27 PM »
Is this just reaction to the Edwards stuff? Because if I remember right the Edwards stuff was reported by the national enquirer and all over the internet but TV and the papers refused to touch it, it wasn't till Edwards himself came out that they reported it. But this? It was all over the media soon as it hit the national enquirer and the internet.

Or just the strange Palin obsession the media has. With her not running and not in office she should not be covered, she is meaningless. She deserves as much media attention as Dan Quayle.

Also she wasn't even married so yeah. I mean even Obama admits to fucking at least one white girl in college in his autobiography.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:21:28 PM by Cheebo »
₩‰\

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #13950 on: September 14, 2011, 04:32:58 PM »
Jon Stewart was right, the media functionally IS the dog w/ the short attention span from Up.  SQUIRREL!
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13951 on: September 14, 2011, 06:19:12 PM »
And how do you check something like that? Rice says he banged her

Himu

« Reply #13952 on: September 14, 2011, 06:23:30 PM »
Guys. Guys. You aren't seeing the big picture. SARAH PALIN -- one of the faces of the modern neocon movement, FUCKED A BLACK MAN.

How is this not news?!?!?!

If I were white, poor and a neocon Palin supporter I wouldn't know who to trust if I found this out.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #13953 on: September 14, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »
My friend who has a thing for asian dudes (he's gay) told me that asian dudes actually can have big cocks. he said the biggest dick he saw belonged to an asian man. i don't believe him
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13954 on: September 14, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »
ok

Himu

« Reply #13955 on: September 14, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
sarah palin was hot in the 80's
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #13956 on: September 14, 2011, 07:31:58 PM »
It's really sad that vaccinating innocent 12 year olds against HPV gets far more of an outcry than executing innocent prisoners.

The death penalty is banned in my state.  Coastfags lose again.
🍆🍆

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #13957 on: September 14, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »
scott palin is crying tears of inadequacy tonight
pcp

Oblivion

« Reply #13958 on: September 14, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »
Also she wasn't even married so yeah. I mean even Obama admits to fucking at least one white girl in college in his autobiography.

But Obama, AFAIK, didn't put on a holier than thou on pre-marital sex, focus on his campaign.

You know I probably should have posted my little true story in a different thread. It really had nothing to do with my views on Ron Paul or libertarianism. Sure it my point might have been stupid but hand me my ass for that, not views that I didn't even bring up. I'm actually pretty disappointed in how Paul fared in the debates.

You shoulda went bigger, yo. Rick Perry compared himself to Galileo. That's how you do it!

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #13959 on: September 15, 2011, 04:04:34 AM »
The National Enquirer story is meant to be a leak from that upcoming Rogue book, right?  If so, it probably got picked up on the credibility of the author (who I think was the same guy who rented a house next to hers or something?), and it's possible that people in the media were aware of this tidbit before, but it was off the record/they needed the Enquirer to break it to not feel embarrassed.

Either way, I'm taking the same position as with the Christine O'Donnell kiss-and-tell piece.  She's not alleged to have done anything wrong, she's certainly not alleged to have done anything that would impact her performance as an officeholder (or even a pundit, really), and the coverage is more than a tiny bit sexist.  I don't mind people talking about it here, since it unifies the Bore's love of politics, retired cagers, and BBC.  But let's not try to justify this as a real story.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fuck, I don't like defending Palin.
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #13960 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:18 AM »
Okay, I just looked up Joe McGinniss, and he wrote The Selling Of The President 1968.  Whaaaaaaaat?  Apparently he was in his 20's, which is why he's not dead, but that's still crazy.

Cheebo

« Reply #13961 on: September 15, 2011, 08:14:47 AM »
Also how did this make the news yet the recently released Jackie Kennedy tapes in which she says she doesn't like Martin Luther King Jr because he was into orgies doesn't cause anyone to bat an eye. That revelation is far weirder to me. For some reason I am not surprised Palin was into BBC. But MLK being a orgy man?
₩‰\

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13962 on: September 15, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
Is there a such thing as a man who's not into orgies?  Seriously?  Besides Jerry Seinfeld

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13963 on: September 15, 2011, 11:39:10 AM »
Also how did this make the news yet the recently released Jackie Kennedy tapes in which she says she doesn't like Martin Luther King Jr because he was into orgies doesn't cause anyone to bat an eye. That revelation is far weirder to me. For some reason I am not surprised Palin was into BBC. But MLK being a orgy man?

o_0

Oblivion

« Reply #13964 on: September 15, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »
Has this been posted? Ron Paul's campaign manager died of pneumonia because he didn't have health insurance (and his friends/family couldn't muster up enough to save him):

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/was-ron-paul-thinking-his-former-campai

This actually happened in 2008, though. So if nothing else you gotta give credit to him for sticking to his guns, even if it means the death of a friend.  :usacry

Himu

« Reply #13965 on: September 15, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »

Are you fucking kidding me? MLK jr was a pro philander.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #13966 on: September 15, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
So if nothing else you gotta give credit to him for sticking to his guns, even if it means the death of a friend.  :usacry

no that just makes him considerably more stupid.

also lol isn't ron paul pretty rich?  he couldn't cough up enough to save his friend?  or to pay him enough so the guy could afford insurance in the first place?
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13967 on: September 15, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
So if nothing else you gotta give credit to him for sticking to his guns, even if it means the death of a friend.  :usacry

no that just makes him considerably more stupid.

also lol isn't ron paul pretty rich?  he couldn't cough up enough to save his friend?  or to pay him enough so the guy could afford insurance in the first place?

His friend made a lot of critical mistakes in his life, and he had to learn the price of those mistakes.
dog

Himu

« Reply #13968 on: September 15, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
If only I hadn't caught pneumonia, I wouldn't have to die!
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13969 on: September 15, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
I wonder if his campaign manager had any change of heart on his beliefs before it all went down.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #13970 on: September 15, 2011, 04:57:44 PM »
"... i wish i would have been campaign manager for a better-funded candidate"
pcp

MrAngryFace

o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13972 on: September 15, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »
I think what it comes down to is that the Paul approach sounds like it should be considered- until its you thats sick and up shit creek. I like to think we're a country thats not a bunch of selfish asshats, but whatever- if people wanna live in a country thats bullshit go ahead and vote for bullshit.
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13973 on: September 15, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »
Well to be honest, MAF, medicine would be a whole lot cheaper if we brought back snake oil salesmen.  Pharmaceutical companies need competition from homeopathy and people deserve the right to be tricked and make stupid, uninformed mistakes with their health.  That's what freedom is all about.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13974 on: September 15, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »
I just want to live in a country where I dont feel like a big fucking asshole that sells himself out to anyone with a dollar and fucks people up the ass and ruins birthday parties and then says woooo GOD RULES#1 death pentalty but OMG SAVE BABIES FROM ABORTIONZ
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13975 on: September 15, 2011, 05:39:48 PM »
I'm honestly pro death penalty and pro choice.  I guess in the end, I just like killing people.  At least I don't discriminate. 

Himu

« Reply #13976 on: September 15, 2011, 05:41:41 PM »
I'm anti-death penalty, pro-choice.
IYKYK

Oblivion

« Reply #13977 on: September 15, 2011, 05:41:46 PM »

Despite Paul’s insistence that charity is the appropriate response to America’s uninsured crisis, Snyder’s friends raised $34,870.53, far short of the $400,000 necessary to pay off his bills. View a screen shot below

That in itself was probably more than Ron Paul's campaign coffers accumulated within the past ten years.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13978 on: September 15, 2011, 05:43:24 PM »
im pro choice not because of how I feel about babies, but how I feel about a womans right to choose- has little to do with stance on death penalty for me.
o_0

Himu

« Reply #13979 on: September 15, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »
Yep, a woman's right to choose is important to me. Her body, her choice
IYKYK