Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1855701 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #14160 on: September 28, 2011, 02:02:17 AM »
Because only black people drop their g's

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #14161 on: September 28, 2011, 02:03:21 AM »
DROPPED-G GATE
dog

drew

• sy
« Reply #14162 on: September 28, 2011, 02:06:22 AM »
Because only black people drop their g's

no, only black president's drop their g's whilst pandering to their black base

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14163 on: September 28, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »
[youtube=560,345]XNc9IuK0hNc[/youtube]
:drudge

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #14164 on: September 28, 2011, 02:25:07 AM »
One of the people on Ace of Cakes dropped her Gs all the time, while she looked asian she must have been pandering to Ace of Cakes black viewers ;)
o_0

drew

• sy
« Reply #14165 on: September 28, 2011, 02:25:17 AM »
i'm sorry but i can't pay attention to what he is saying because i'm too busy counting how many times hillary nods her head in agreement, and my arm is getting tired from doing that so either find a new example or concede defeat

spoiler (click to show/hide)
real answer? of course other presidents and people have done the same fake ass bullshittery, the proof is marked in the annals of time as you have just shown.  how one example somehow justifies another makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.
[close]

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14166 on: September 28, 2011, 02:29:19 AM »
Hey Drew, why dont you quit bitchin and take those slippers off
o_0

drew

• sy
« Reply #14167 on: September 28, 2011, 02:50:43 AM »
bitching? i was merely pointing out pd's lack of understanding in the concepts of correlation and relevance.  and i just did, what are you posting from inside my house or something? :o

Mandark

• Icon
drew got his degree in linguistics the same place he got his one in epidemiology
« Reply #14168 on: September 28, 2011, 03:02:24 AM »
ITT we discuss departures from Standard English with someone who spells "tries" as "try's".

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #14169 on: September 28, 2011, 04:01:51 AM »
Jesus Christ, will you hurry up and fucking die Drew?  You're about as useless as tits on a log.
yar

Oblivion

« Reply #14170 on: September 28, 2011, 04:23:02 AM »
Look at this shitheel Stephen Moore try and defend businesses rejecting people for being unemployed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/#44692631

Cheebo

« Reply #14171 on: September 28, 2011, 05:48:02 AM »
Uh...this isn't Obama trying consciously act more black to appeal to the black vote. Obama talks about it in his book long before he even ran for President about his white and black roots and how he talks differently without even noticing it when he is around black people vs white people. He talked about it how he did it in HIGH SCHOOL when he started making black friends when he played basketball.

There is plenty to be critical about Obama on but this is Fox News "HE USES TELEPROMPTERS OH MY GOD" sort of nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:08:34 AM by Cheebo »
₩‰\

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #14172 on: September 28, 2011, 08:09:57 AM »
Hey Drew, why dont you quit bitchin and take those slippers off

drew wears scuba fins on his flipper feet, not slippers you silly man
pcp

Cheebo

« Reply #14173 on: September 28, 2011, 08:18:23 AM »
I kind of regret I said because drew probably does think its offensive and an impeachable crime that Obama uses a teleprompter.
₩‰\

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #14174 on: September 28, 2011, 08:48:32 AM »
itt obama try's to act black in front of black audience

[youtube=560,345]HeoOg3Fj0G0[/youtube]

This is Obama losing his cool?  :lol

Goddamn breitbart is a fucking tard. Reach much?
©ZH

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14175 on: September 28, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »
Pretty sure they'll find anyway to make him look bad, even if it doesnt make sense.

HE IS RAISING HIS VOICE AT THE CBC HE MUST HATE THE JEWS - Breitbart DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
o_0

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14176 on: September 28, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »
[youtube=560,345]XNc9IuK0hNc[/youtube]

Our greatest black president. :bow2
©@©™

drew

• sy
« Reply #14177 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
i was just pointing out something odd and then pd had to go all stupid innocent to defend his dear leader so i ran with it, this is a non issue, you idiots, it was a fake argument

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14178 on: September 28, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
slippers
o_0

Cheebo

« Reply #14179 on: September 28, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »
i was just pointing out something odd and then pd had to go all stupid innocent to defend his dear leader so i ran with it, this is a non issue, you idiots, it was a fake argument
How is it odd? Everyone acts differently if they are around different groups of people. Do you act exactly the same around your parents as you do around your friends? It's all the same thing.

You were "pointing out something odd" that is apparent in basically every single human being out there.

Obama acts different around black people than he does around old rich white politicans. Alert. the. press.
₩‰\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14180 on: September 28, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »
My dad talks differently with his childhood friends from Detroit than he does with his college buddies from the University of Michigan

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14181 on: September 28, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
A public speaker is tailoring his tone, cadence, and sometimes even minor parts of his pronunciation towards his audience!  SHOKKU

Seriously, though.  As long as nobody says "supposably," I'm down with the colloquial.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14182 on: September 28, 2011, 12:58:31 PM »
Or axe u dis
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14184 on: September 28, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »
That or rigged elections amirite lol democracy killed by GOP
o_0

Cheebo

« Reply #14185 on: September 28, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
Whatever happpened to the "OMG DIEBOLD" people? I haven't heard that conspiracy theory in years.
₩‰\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14186 on: September 28, 2011, 01:39:06 PM »
They're still around talking about how Bush stole Ohio in 2004.

The GOP has always suppressed votes. I just hope the Obama campaign keeps an eye on the shenanigans, as they did in 08. I have a feeling it's going to be a close election, electoral vote wise. And oh man, if republicans lose a close election they're gonna go even more crazy

can't wait for "2012 didn't prove anything, the last true election was in 2010"

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14187 on: September 28, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Yes but this year is kinda different in terms of how much freedom they've had to supress votes, its kinda crazy if you look at what all the state govts are doing and all of the anti union bullshit
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14188 on: September 28, 2011, 01:42:21 PM »
Do you guys think voting should require some form of ID?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #14189 on: September 28, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »
No.  I DON'T NEED TO PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE AND I'LL BITE YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF IF YOU DOUBT ME!

drew

• sy
« Reply #14190 on: September 28, 2011, 02:36:50 PM »
How is it odd? Everyone acts differently if they are around different groups of people. Do you act exactly the same around your parents as you do around your friends? It's all the same thing.

You were "pointing out something odd" that is apparent in basically every single human being out there.

Obama acts different around black people than he does around old rich white politicans. Alert. the. press.

it's odd because it's a fake ass thing to do, i don't talk differently in front of black people and the only thing i drop around my parents is cursing.  the real issue with the end of his speech is that he basically told them to shut up and go along with whatever he has planned.  he certainly didn't tell banks/corporations and gay and lesbians to stop complaining did he, he bailed them out with money and repealed laws for them, respectively.

« Reply #14191 on: September 28, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »

Double edged sword. But here in Oregon you vote by mail anyway.

Washington is like 95% vote by mail. There are a few places that have voting booths, but they're limited.
野球

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #14192 on: September 28, 2011, 02:56:55 PM »
haha drew thinks the bailout was enacted by Obama

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #14194 on: September 28, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »
No. 

No form of ID whatsoever? How hard is it to get a state-issued ID card? A driver's license should be sufficient, and most everybody of voting age already has one of those, right?
When I registered to vote I satisfied the requirements to vote already so let me vote.

Make it a legal requirement to obtain an ID or driver's license and then we can discuss making it mandatory to vote.  But requiring something that is not actually a requirement to exercise my right is stupid and is just extra hoops to dampen voters.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14195 on: September 28, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
Cheebs, explain

Mitt Romney - 23% (+1)
Rick Perry - 19% (-10)
Herman Cain - 17% (+11)
Newt Gingrich - 11% (+8)
Ron Paul - 6% (-2)
Jon Huntsman - 4% (+3)
Michele Bachmann - 3% (-5)
Rick Santorum - 3% (-1)
Gary Johnson - N/A
Buddy Roemer - N/A
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...after_all.html

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14196 on: September 28, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
The biggest wtf from that poll is Gingrich in double digits.
yar

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #14197 on: September 28, 2011, 08:57:39 PM »
So that Elizabeth Warren picture is going around now, and holy FUCK does she look like my ex girlfriend (in 20 years)  :o
^_^

« Reply #14198 on: September 28, 2011, 09:03:50 PM »
Just imagine a debate between Cain and Obama.

Obama - "Change!  Yes we still can!  Change!"

Cain - "9-9-9 This economy is on life support.  9-9-9"

I love how Cain does well in one poll and Fox News proclaims him a new top tier candidate while Ron Paul has placed in the top two in numerous polls and is ignored or given seven minutes of talking time in a two hour debate.
+1

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14199 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:36 PM »
Just imagine a debate between Cain and Obama.

Obama - "Change!  Yes we still can!  Change!"

Cain - "9-9-9 This economy is on life support.  9-9-9"

I love how Cain does well in one poll and Fox News proclaims him a new top tier candidate while Ron Paul has placed in the top two in numerous polls and is ignored or given seven minutes of talking time in a two hour debate.

Maybe Ron Paul could be a top tier candidate if he was black

« Reply #14200 on: September 28, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
Maybe Ron Paul could be a top tier candidate if he was black

Now that alone wouldn't do it, he'd need to have a teleprompter.  And suggest we bomb another country.  He might even win a Nobel peace prize then.   :teehee
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:30:38 PM by ShogunOfFear »
+1

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #14201 on: September 28, 2011, 09:56:27 PM »
okay, i actually chuckled at a shogunoffear post
duc

drew

• sy
« Reply #14202 on: September 28, 2011, 11:16:56 PM »
That the republicans would faster elect Cain than Paul should tell you something.

that they're a bunch of morons? got it.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14203 on: September 28, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »
Ron Paul has placed in the top two in numerous polls

If he's been top 2 in any national poll, it's news to me.

drew

• sy
« Reply #14204 on: September 29, 2011, 01:16:51 AM »
he never said anything about them being national...

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14205 on: September 29, 2011, 01:43:37 AM »
more discussion, less slippers folks *that neck thing*
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14206 on: September 29, 2011, 01:59:30 AM »
Newsflash peoples- straw polls aren't polls.  They're elections where you pay to vote.  And by you I mean party activists that care enough to show up and then actually pay the money to vote.  It was like $150+ in Florida if I remember correctly.
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14207 on: September 29, 2011, 02:24:47 AM »
I actually typed something obnoxious anticipating state/straw polls being cited, but then I deleted it cause it was a bit of a straw man at that point.  Oh well!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14208 on: September 29, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »
So since Ron Paul's campaign is DOA, will he decide to run as a third party? :teehee

Cheebo

« Reply #14209 on: September 29, 2011, 05:39:08 AM »
Cheebs, explain

Mitt Romney - 23% (+1)
Rick Perry - 19% (-10)
Herman Cain - 17% (+11)
Newt Gingrich - 11% (+8)
Ron Paul - 6% (-2)
Jon Huntsman - 4% (+3)
Michele Bachmann - 3% (-5)
Rick Santorum - 3% (-1)
Gary Johnson - N/A
Buddy Roemer - N/A
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...after_all.html
Hello President Cain?
₩‰\

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #14210 on: September 29, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/chris-christie-presidential-bid-6498142?click=pp

Chris Christie has it in him to be the newest new Nixon, albeit without the personal demons who spent most of their time playing darts in the old Nixon's head. When the old Nixon was plotting his political comeback in the mid-1960's, he did so from the same political-legal-financial nexus in New York and New Jersey that now seems to be the source of the current Christie boomlet, while stoking the anger of just enough of the Goldwater crowd to keep them in the tent. And Christie is adept at the kind of projection that camouflages obvious bullying as legitimate self-defense. Among other things, this technique enables Christie to exercise his natural talent of being a colossal asshole to the mere mortals who challenge him, while allowing him to present himself as a unifying presence to those people in the political sphere who really count. (Damn, Brooks just fainted.) The fact that this makes the latter group a collection of pathetically easy marks is probably beside the point. Thus, can the Fox News website rejoice in Christie's having delivered a "monumental takedown of President Obama," while the Wall Street Journal's site has Christie "calling for unity." It's a neat trick, and Richard Nixon was its past master.

Nixon was the acknowledged maestro of the creative use of various resentments, his own and everyone else's. It's his most lasting gift to American politics. Christie was nasty enough last night, with his paranoid fantasies of Barack Obama's intention to "divide the nation" in order to win an election. (And President Nixon never said that Senator McGovern would weaken the nation, only that his policies would.) But the real deal is in those YouTube clips of which he and his staff are so proud. Richard Nixon fought like a Gaboon viper to keep the world from hearing the angry invective and punk-ass nastiness with which he referred to much of the rest of the political world. Chris Christie's people put it right out there, as though it's a photo-op with him and the family dog. Whether you think one approach is preferable to the other is probably the best measure of the depths to which this nation's political culture has sunk. For those of us who remember how it once worked, Chris Christie is the newest New Nixon, and all of them turn one day into the old one, as sure as god made schoolteachers to be kicked around.

Tonya

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14211 on: September 29, 2011, 02:48:47 PM »
I think what it comes down to is that this far out polls are fucking useless
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14212 on: September 29, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure of 2 things: Mitt Romney will win the NH Primary, and whoever is the most popular and crazy candidate at the time will win the Iowa caucus.  After that all bets are off.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14213 on: September 29, 2011, 06:05:06 PM »
thunderdome is the only answer
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #14214 on: September 29, 2011, 06:07:23 PM »
If they go Thunderdome to decide it my money is on Bachmann.  Bitch be crazy.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14215 on: September 29, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »
oh totally
o_0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14216 on: September 29, 2011, 07:17:28 PM »
Thunderdome should be the standard for electing politicians, I think.
dog

drew

• sy
« Reply #14217 on: September 29, 2011, 08:40:10 PM »
i think the three ring circus they have in place now is a much better venue

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14218 on: September 29, 2011, 08:41:22 PM »
i think the three ring circus they have in place now is a much better venue

Unfortunately, it lacks many of the benefits of the Thunderdome, such as that many of the politicians will be violently killed.
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14219 on: September 30, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »
Looks like the end of the road for No Child Left Behind:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44693695/ns/today-education_nation/
dog