Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1856173 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #15900 on: January 19, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
Off the top of my head. In his return campaign for Congress the newsletters came up and Paul defended them as a whole but nobody had specifics at the time (since they were stored in that one archive, no internet, etc.) so it didn't go beyond that.

They didn't come back up until 2008 when Reason and some others started putting the actual content online, etc. and that's when he tried the "I didn't read them" line to his defense.

I don't think anyone has ever really thought Paul wrote them. It's hard to reconcile the offensive newsletter content with anything else regarding Paul. We have to assume Paul spends 99% of his time not making those arguments, then he gets alone and writes a newsletter with his name on it that does. Or we can take Rockwell and friends who never have had an issue worrying about the barbarian hordes and how if you just break the right skulls we can get around to liberty. He thought he was out of politics after the Presidential run, Rockwell/Rothbard came to him to use his name on newsletters to keep the movement going and he was fine with that. I assume he only ever slightly checked in on the whole affair but let them just take care of it and cashed the checks. I don't know why people go for the more difficult "racist" attack angle when the whole derelict management aspect is there and even backed up by Paul himself. And one would think, quite relevant to someone wanting to run the executive branch.

Actually, maybe the most logical theory for Paul's "defense" I've heard is that it was Carol Paul who wrote them.  :lol

For the record, the Paultard explanations are:
-Ron Paul is the most ethical man in history and it would be not just unethical but a crime to out people who don't want to be outed. Their privacy in writing the newsletters must be preserved.
-If you read the newsletters there are three or four offensive sentences, but this is just the wording. Everything else is actual the truth, but the PC police are trying to crucify the savior for telling the truth instead of spreading more lies.
-Everyone already knows about the newsletters and heard about it back in 1995, it didn't matter then, Ron Paul won the election. It doesn't matter now, people are tired of hearing about it.
-Jeremiah Wright. Jeremiah Wright. Jeremiah Wright. Bill Ayers. Jeremiah Wright.
-Israel/the Kochs/Cato has ordered these smears of Ron Paul because they're jealous of his success!
-We have the First Amendment, no one should be punished for anything they say.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #15901 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
Maybe we'd be better off if we drafted a president, seems anyone who wants to be POTUS any more probably shouldn't be :lol

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." - Douglas Adams

Who else is excited about NEWTMENTUM 2: THE STREETS
乱学者

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #15902 on: January 19, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »
Maybe we'd be better off if we drafted a president, seems anyone who wants to be POTUS any more probably shouldn't be :lol

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." - Douglas Adams

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/10103512-418/ex-wife-newt-gingrich-wanted-open-marriage.html

benjipwns

« Reply #15903 on: January 19, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »
She said Newt moved for the divorce just months after she had been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, with her then-husband present.

"He also was advised by the doctor when I was sitting there that I was not to be under stress. He knew," she said.

Gingrich divorced his first wife, Jackie, as she was being treated for cancer. His relationship with Marianne began while he was still married to Jackie but in divorce proceedings, Marianne said.
:rofl

I'll miss Rick Perry, was hoping he'd stick around for one more debate.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:34:54 PM by benjipwns »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15904 on: January 19, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »
This guy. smh
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15905 on: January 19, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »
He's always been a shit-bag.

The only thing that's changed is the spin from all the assholes in that party.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #15907 on: January 19, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/10103512-418/ex-wife-newt-gingrich-wanted-open-marriage.html

Dan Savage says, "Technically you're not asking your wife for an open marriage if you've already been fucking another woman for six years. You're presenting her with an ultimatum. That doesn't make you a proponent of open marriage, Newt, it makes you a Cheating Piece Of Shit."
乱学者

benjipwns

« Reply #15908 on: January 19, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
He's always been a shit-bag.

The only thing that's changed is the spin from all the assholes in that party.
The funny thing is everyone knew it and was fine when he got booted in 1998 for comparably boring crap (IIRC all he did was screw up some paperwork but they wanted rid of him) just because he had all this shit in his background. It's like they completely forgot and couldn't get past his asshole debate performance, the fact he wasn't Romney and oh that Contract with America thing from almost twenty years ago.

I wasn't kidding when I posted a while back that Republicans were transfixed by this idea that Newt would stroll into the fall debates make Obama look silly and win all 538 electoral votes. You can find "esteemed" conservatives writing things like "yeah, Newt worked with Pelosi, and Newt is just fine with Fannie and Freddie Mac, but he is going to just make Obama look like a child!"

Those Ron Paul ads and the Romney ground stuff in Iowa played a big part in derailing his campaign. Republican voters had all forgotten or willfully ignored all the reasons they didn't like Newt until they were reminded. Best part is they started to do it again this week.  :lol

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:51:57 PM by benjipwns »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15909 on: January 19, 2012, 12:55:20 PM »
The thing is I don't even care about his personal life. Like most people all I care about is job performance. But his hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of the family values party is what angers me. It's always been this way but I honestly relish every time one of these fuckers gets shown up for their true selves.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #15910 on: January 19, 2012, 01:18:57 PM »
Republicans proving they have a limited sense of humor once again:

^_^

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #15911 on: January 19, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/01/19/perry-drops-out-endorses-newt-will-campaign-and-serve/

Sounds like Perry is full aboard the Newt train. Looks like this is going to become a 4 man race instead of 3. Santorum has more money than ever before, and the backing of Evangelicals. I'd imagine the latest news about Gingrich will only move Christians further to Santorum. And yet Gingrich is currently winning the Evangelical vote quite heavily in SC...if he implodes over the coming days who knows what will happen

benjipwns

« Reply #15912 on: January 19, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »
A year ago, hell, six months ago, who would have thought we could be seeing Paul and Santorum as the challengers to Romney down the stretch.

Even Gingrich seemed to have no chance.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #15913 on: January 19, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »
Santorum will be the next to drop out, but he'll endorse Gingrich.
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #15914 on: January 19, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »
Nobody has a chance, Mr. Cayman Islands will be the nominee.  Anyone who tells you differently is lying to you.
yar

benjipwns

« Reply #15915 on: January 19, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
Actually, thinking of the debates. Can you imagine how boring the Obama-Romney debates will be?

Wait. None of the Presidential debates are interesting.

The VP ones though...

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #15916 on: January 19, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »
The Presidential debates will be interesting if Obama wants them to be, as Romney has been outright lying through his teeth about a bunch of stuff.  Calling him on any of it would be interesting, but it probably won't happen.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15917 on: January 19, 2012, 01:49:25 PM »
Santorum has enough money to stay for awhile though, and I think his advisers will argue Newt is bound to implode again due to this news. When he does, that support could go to Santorum. Personally I find that unlikely

Oblivion

« Reply #15918 on: January 19, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »

omg omg omg

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15919 on: January 19, 2012, 04:03:29 PM »
Newtmentum
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15920 on: January 19, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
Newnewtmentum!
dog

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #15921 on: January 19, 2012, 05:59:24 PM »
Republicans proving they have a limited sense of humor once again:

(Image removed from quote.)

OOH I GET IT
QED

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #15922 on: January 19, 2012, 07:06:29 PM »
Hand dryers use teleprompters??

« Reply #15923 on: January 19, 2012, 07:22:33 PM »
My uncle (Washington state senator) came through in support of the gay marriage bill here. Very happy he made the right decision.

Only one more vote and it's good as passed!
野球

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

Damian79

« Reply #15925 on: January 20, 2012, 03:50:00 AM »
Newt looks more and more like Charlie Sheen the more i look at him.

Damian79

« Reply #15926 on: January 20, 2012, 04:03:54 AM »
http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/99666/ron-paul-newsletters-part-two?page=0,1

So uh, Ron Paul sounds like a really terrible human being. Why do young people like him so much?

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/david-frum-ron-paul-newsletters-6627769

Apparently a lot of people did that(ie appear racist to garner votes).  Still though he was a doctor during that period i think he jsut didnt have much time to read through his own newsletters.

If he was really racist he wouldnt have done this.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15927 on: January 20, 2012, 04:28:25 AM »
please stop

Damian79

« Reply #15928 on: January 20, 2012, 05:29:25 AM »
I am sorry.  :(  You can go back to demonizing him now.  :)

Cheebo

« Reply #15929 on: January 20, 2012, 05:34:52 AM »
₩‰\

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #15930 on: January 20, 2012, 08:39:43 AM »
http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/99666/ron-paul-newsletters-part-two?page=0,1

So uh, Ron Paul sounds like a really terrible human being. Why do young people like him so much?

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/david-frum-ron-paul-newsletters-6627769

Apparently a lot of people did that(ie appear racist to garner votes).  Still though he was a doctor during that period i think he jsut didnt have much time to read through his own newsletters.

If he was really racist he wouldnt have done this.

By not much time, do you mean literally zero minutes? That's what it would take to be oblivious to this for years.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15931 on: January 20, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »
I don't think he's racist.  I think it proves just how inept and careless he is like every other politician.  His fans like to put him above the fray fighting against the average politician and meaning/caring about what he says but he doesn't care enough to check what's printed under his banner.  And that's just assuming he actually didn't know what was they were printing.  He's a douchebag either way then.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #15932 on: January 20, 2012, 10:16:54 AM »
I wonder if Newt thinks the allegations against Cain were despicable. Newt thinks his past is off limits but rips other people's.
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15933 on: January 20, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »
Still though he was a doctor during that period i think he jsut didnt have much time to read through his own newsletters.

By his own admission, he got every issue of the newsletter and read it front to back.
dog

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #15934 on: January 20, 2012, 11:54:52 AM »
Please Lord Jesus, let Obama "run" against Gingrich in the fall
乱学者

Damian79

« Reply #15935 on: January 20, 2012, 03:33:29 PM »
Still though he was a doctor during that period i think he jsut didnt have much time to read through his own newsletters.

By his own admission, he got every issue of the newsletter and read it front to back.

Huh, i dont remember any interview he has said that.  He said he read them 10 years(or more) after they were printed and he said that he hasnt read them all still.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15936 on: January 20, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »
Microsoft comes out in favor of Washington's same sex marriage legislation from an interesting business perspective
http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2012/01/19/marriage-equality-in-washington-state-would-be-good-for-business.aspx

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #15937 on: January 20, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
"oh yeah, i self-publish my own newsletters under my own name.  i've been doing it for years!"
"really?  what are they about?"
"fuck if i know; i don't read the damn things"

riiiiiiiiiight
pcp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15938 on: January 20, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »
If anything Ron Paul is just an old white dude with some weird reservations about race, gays, etc. That doesn't make him racist. We know he knew about the newsletters when they were making multiple ridiculous statements, and he did nothing about them. To me this strikes me as Paul playing towards the racist aspects of the far right libertarian types; obviously not all libertarians are racist, but many white nationalists are libertarians and support Paul. It's an issue of him tolerating bigoted literature in order to gain support and donations, which speaks to the man's character (or lack thereof) but doesn't compel me to declare he's a racist

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15939 on: January 20, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
I just think it speaks poorly that the man doesn't care about or manage what is printed in his newsletter.  You have to be a jackass of epic proportions to be a politician and letting someone write all sorts of crazy shit under your newsletter.

Why are we arguing about this anyways?  Ron Paul doesn't matter.  His batshit crazy ideas and the libertarian fad will be dead when the economy recovers and idiots that support this shit go back under the rock they came from or just stop pretending to care.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15940 on: January 20, 2012, 04:26:41 PM »
Technically it'll never die, and is getting more popular within the republican party. Plus Paul has quite the fail safe with his "bubbles and busts" argument. So when things are going good libertarians get to whine about the inevitable doom, and when things are going bad they get to say "I told you so!"

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15941 on: January 20, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »
Ron Paul and his supporters are like those morons who went around saying the world was going to end last year and after it didn't no one cared and they faded into obscurity.  When America eventually recovers from the recession completely and we don't go bankrupt and the UN doesn't control the USD then people will laugh and say "Remember that idiot Ron Paul?  lol Those fucking people were crazy"

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #15942 on: January 20, 2012, 04:29:58 PM »
Technically it'll never die, and is getting more popular within the republican party. Plus Paul has quite the fail safe with his "bubbles and busts" argument. So when things are going good libertarians get to whine about the inevitable doom, and when things are going bad they get to say "I told you so!"
I don't see it being a permanent change to the Republican party.  A group of crazies have been voted in by crazy constituents but to move further than that the old Republican guard will have to give in completely (not gonna happen) and half of America will have to buy their nonsense.  By the time the next bust comes the short term political memory of Americans will have wiped Ron Paul and the rest of the Tea Party movement from their minds.  Not to mention I don't think many people are very happy with the Tea Party fucks that got voted in during the 2010 election.  They seem to be getting hammered in the polls just like establishment Democrats and Republicans.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15943 on: January 20, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #15944 on: January 20, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »

Why are we arguing about this anyways?  Ron Paul doesn't matter. 

i was going to keep arguing, but then i remembered this. 
pcp

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #15945 on: January 20, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »
I know how this sounds rhetorically, but besides the letters with his name on them, from what I can find, there has been no other evidence that he is racist or a white supremacists sympathizer, or anything of the sort. You would think there would be other publications or videos where he expresses the same views. He doesn't. All the "exposes" that have been put on the internet recently about it with videos supposedly damning him are just videos from the mid 90s where he mentions the letters and says he puts them out.

The "Ron Paul is a racist" crowd are basically the same as Obama's birthers in my eyes. I mean, I can understand why people would be quick to believe it and repeat it, because they don't like him and it discredits him. But it makes you look just a little bit dumb and lazy. :\

You don't have to think he's racist to be against sweeping these under the rug. They indicate one of two things to me: he is willing to leverage the influence of racists to get himself donations or popular support, or he is a fucking idiot who can't manage a newsletter. Either way, not my kind of guy.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15947 on: January 20, 2012, 07:32:43 PM »
Well, that seems like a sensible thing to write.
©@©™

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15948 on: January 20, 2012, 09:10:39 PM »

Mandark

• Icon
This is some Day Of The Jackal shit right here.
« Reply #15949 on: January 20, 2012, 10:50:46 PM »
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/20/1056701/-Atlanta-Newspaper-Editor-Suggests-Assassinating-Obama-to-Preserve-Israels-Existence?via=siderec

Wonder what that guy thinks of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin, which was carried out on basically the same reasoning.  Actually, I'd rather not know.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15950 on: January 20, 2012, 10:57:13 PM »
Are you suggesting Israel/Mossad assassinated Rabin, or that the lone gunman did it using the reasoning found within that article (protecting Israel)?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #15951 on: January 20, 2012, 11:11:00 PM »
The second.

On that same note, Ghandi was killed by a hardline nationalist who thought he was being weak on Pakistan, IIRC.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #15952 on: January 20, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/20/1056701/-Atlanta-Newspaper-Editor-Suggests-Assassinating-Obama-to-Preserve-Israels-Existence?via=siderec

What baffles me here, is that, based on the Gawker interview, the man is clearly "not-distinguished mentally-challenged" enough to realize how badly he fucked up, but distinguished mentally-challenged enough to write that shit in the first place.  How does that happen?

MMA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15953 on: January 20, 2012, 11:28:34 PM »
Perhaps he wrote it to provide a shield and make himself a martyr for an opinion many people allegedly have. He died for their sins, so to speak

benjipwns

« Reply #15954 on: January 21, 2012, 03:05:43 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/20/newt-gingrichs-three-marriages-mean-might-make-strong-president-really/
I want to be coldly analytical, not moralize, here. I want to tell you what Mr. Gingrich’s behavior could mean for the country, not for the future of his current marriage. So, here’s what one interested in making America stronger can reasonably conclude—psychologically—from Mr. Gingrich’s behavior during his three marriages:

1) Three women have met Mr. Gingrich and been so moved by his emotional energy and intellect that they decided they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with him.

2) Two of these women felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married.

3 ) One of them felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married for the second time, was not exactly her equal in the looks department and had a wife (Marianne) who wanted to make his life without her as painful as possible.

Conclusion: When three women want to sign on for life with a man who is now running for president, I worry more about whether we’ll be clamoring for a third Gingrich term, not whether we’ll want to let him go after one.

4) Two women—Mr. Gingrich’s first two wives—have sat down with him while he delivered to them incredibly painful truths: that he no longer loved them as he did before, that he had fallen in love with other women and that he needed to follow his heart, despite the great price he would pay financially and the risk he would be taking with his reputation.

Conclusion: I can only hope Mr. Gingrich will be as direct and unsparing with the Congress, the American people and our allies. If this nation must now move with conviction in the direction of its heart, Newt Gingrich is obviously no stranger to that journey.

5) Mr. Gingrich’s daughters from his first marriage are among his most vigorous supporters. They obviously adore him and respect him and feel grateful for the kind of father he was.

When I want to know who in a marriage (or, for that matter, a series of marriages) is the one who actually was aligned with their best interests, I never dismiss evidence of who the children gravitate toward and admire. In this case, they have judged the father who left their family, then remarried twice. And they judge him 10 out of 10. I only hope my own children love me and respect me as much when they are adults.

So, as far as I can tell, judging from the psychological data, we have only one real risk to America from his marital history if Newt Gingrich were to become president: We would need to worry that another nation, perhaps a little younger than ours, would be so taken by Mr. Gingrich that it would seduce him into marrying it and becoming its president. And I think that is exceedingly unlikely.

pickle

« Reply #15955 on: January 21, 2012, 07:03:44 AM »
Dr. Keith Ablow is a psychiatrist and member of the Fox News Medical A-Team.

:spin

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15956 on: January 21, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
hahaha
dog

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #15957 on: January 21, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #15958 on: January 21, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
Soooo MSNBC is projecting Newt Gingrich as the winner in South Carolina.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #15959 on: January 21, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »
According to the exit polls, Mitt Romney lost all income levels with the exception of those making over $200,000 a year.

herp a derp