Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1855792 times)

Himu

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #18600 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »
BIDEN CARES ABOUT OUR GENERATION GUYS

Do you feel warm? DO YOU?
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #18601 on: September 06, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »
I do feel warm, because of the Biden drinking game I'm playing
püp

Himu

« Reply #18602 on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:22 PM »
Spill the details!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #18603 on: September 06, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »
Biden just said America is NOT in decline. :spin
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18604 on: September 06, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
what THE HELL with that country music bullshit at the end. way to kill my boner obama. you let other people walk out to prince but you have this garbage close you out? wth
pcp

Trurl

« Reply #18605 on: September 06, 2012, 11:19:54 PM »
Get used to the country music, nationalism, and fellating of the military.  It's all part of the Democrats replacing the Republicans as America's default party. 

Himu

« Reply #18606 on: September 06, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »
omg are you guys watching the daily show?! :rofl
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #18607 on: September 07, 2012, 01:44:03 AM »
what THE HELL with that country music bullshit at the end. way to kill my boner obama. you let other people walk out to prince but you have this garbage close you out? wth

...he walked out to bruce springsteen.  what the fuck is the matter with you
püp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #18608 on: September 07, 2012, 03:53:34 AM »

we need a Ric Flair emote

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
yar

Oblivion

« Reply #18610 on: September 07, 2012, 04:14:37 AM »
Yup. Granholm is very MILFy.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18611 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:02 AM »

...he walked out to bruce springsteen.  what the fuck is the matter with you

i cant stand springsteen :shrug
pcp

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #18612 on: September 07, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »
Latest assassination threat against the president is, of course, from North Carolina and of course he's black.  wait, what?

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/09/nc-man-arrested-for-obama-assassination-threat.html

If the allegations against 21-year-old Donte Jamar Sims are true, he made himself a poor representative of two groups — North Carolinians and stoners — when he threatened to assassinate President Obama in a series of Tweets. The account caught the attention of the Secret Service when the message “Ima hit president Obama with that Lee Harvey Oswald swag,” was posted early Monday morning, followed by, "The Secret Service is gonna be defenseless once I aim the Assault Rifle at Barack's Forehead." According to the Smoking Gun, when agents showed up at Sims's home in Charlotte on Wednesday, he admitted that he made the comments because he "hated President Obama," but Tweeting while high on marijuana was also a factor.

Allen West's outreach program already working
Tonya

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18613 on: September 07, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »
also the officer who joked about killing michelle obama isnt in any real trouble
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #18614 on: September 07, 2012, 09:38:47 AM »
“Ima hit president Obama with that Lee Harvey Oswald swag,”

lolwtf
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18615 on: September 07, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »
Tweeting while high on marijuana was also a factor.

:lol
dog

« Reply #18616 on: September 07, 2012, 11:55:01 AM »
How was the speech last night? I missed it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:57:12 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18617 on: September 07, 2012, 11:57:43 AM »
I didn't watch it either, but it seems like most people are meh on it. It certainly doesn't have everyone talking like the Clinton speech did.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18618 on: September 07, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
I didn't watch it either, but it seems like most people are meh on it. It certainly doesn't have everyone talking like the Clinton speech did.
To be fair it broke the twitter record by generating 52k tweets per minute

Himu

« Reply #18619 on: September 07, 2012, 01:36:15 PM »
How was the speech last night? I missed it.

Well...it was a speech.

That's all I can say.

Obama sucked Israel's cock and celebrated killing Osama, though. So there's that.
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #18621 on: September 07, 2012, 01:52:30 PM »
I'd imagine Obama's team was worried about giving too much hope'n'change fodder to the Republicans with a sweeping, grandiose speech - they would have loved to seize on that as proof he's all sizzle and no steak. By actually talking about policy (unlike Romney and Ryan) he is trying to make this an election about the future instead of a referendum on the past.
乱学者

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18622 on: September 07, 2012, 03:47:46 PM »
Yeah, they're definitely trying to match the tone to the situation.

In other news, my FB friend actually did delete the racist comment on his post.  That's probably the bare minimum expectation for acceptable behavior, but props anyway.

« Reply #18623 on: September 07, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »
I've got one guy on my FB list who I've known since kindergarten and played summer league baseball with until we were 18. He comes from a farming family and is very conservative. He typically makes one or two angry posts a day about Obama and the dems. They're typically not terrible, but his friends who comment are awful people. There were a few guys who were going on and on and on about Sandra Fluke and how she's a gigantic slut-whore who wants us to pay for her to have sex. I thought it was parody, but sadly that's how they really feel.
野球

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18624 on: September 07, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »
I also shat up Cohen's FB page a bit by engaging with a conservative friend of his.  Usually don't do that, but I got to throw out all these budget stats I've wasted time memorizing and see if I could force some sort of comity (nope!).  And hey, the mess isn't on my wall.  :teehee

Sorry Cohen!

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18625 on: September 07, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »
Without even clicking, I was like "I bet that's Cohen's Israel uber alles friend" and yup, I was right.

edit: doh, only partially right.  A new Wingnut has appeared!  It used cooked numbers from a right wing source!  It's wildly ineffective!
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18626 on: September 07, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »
I've got one guy on my FB list who I've known since kindergarten and played summer league baseball with until we were 18. He comes from a farming family and is very conservative. He typically makes one or two angry posts a day about Obama and the dems. They're typically not terrible, but his friends who comment are awful people. There were a few guys who were going on and on and on about Sandra Fluke and how she's a gigantic slut-whore who wants us to pay for her to have sex. I thought it was parody, but sadly that's how they really feel.

This is especially ignorant. Like her monthly premiums shouldn't cover her own insurance? I don't get it. How are they paying for it? Oh that's right cuz Rush said so. Fucking mongloids.
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #18627 on: September 07, 2012, 04:32:59 PM »
get that shit outta here
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18628 on: September 07, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »
GAF humor is weird.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41864667&postcount=16543

HAHAHAH! OH MAN! That attention to detail is just... WOW I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER. It's the funniest thing ever, guise! Srsly!

FUCK THOSE GUYS, THEY'RE WORSE THAN ABORTIONISTS
yar

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18629 on: September 07, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »
GAF humor is weird.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41864667&postcount=16543

HAHAHAH! OH MAN! That attention to detail is just... WOW I'M DYING OF LAUGHTER. It's the funniest thing ever, guise! Srsly!

WRONG THREAD, ASSHOLE!

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #18630 on: September 07, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »
Without even clicking, I was like "I bet that's Cohen's Israel uber alles friend" and yup, I was right.

edit: doh, only partially right.  A new Wingnut has appeared!  It used cooked numbers from a right wing source!  It's wildly ineffective!

Oooh, no way would I get roped into a "discussion" with that guy.  I've learned to stay far away from people whose hobbyhorse is a straight-up ethnic conflict, and Israel-Palestine is the #1 example.  Only exception is maybe trolling someone into accusing me of anti-Semitism, so I can be all "I am not left-handed a gentile!"

Himu

« Reply #18631 on: September 07, 2012, 04:37:48 PM »
spill the beans on this israel guy. what's he say about israel?
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18632 on: September 07, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »

This is especially ignorant. Like her monthly premiums shouldn't cover her own insurance? I don't get it. How are they paying for it? Oh that's right cuz Rush said so. Fucking mongloids.

I had a similar experience with someone I went to high school with.  Had to axe him because reading the replies to his passive aggressive bullshit was making my blood pressure shoot up.  Then when I made a snarky post about it someone was like "you defriend for political reasons???" and I was like, uh yeah dude.  If it turns out you're a backwards thinking fucktard I don't want to be friends with you, even of the pretend superficial internet variety.

I don't understand this mindset, to be honest with you... the "oh let's let bygones be bygones and I'll believe all sorts of stupid, backwards ass bullshit and we'll still be friends, teehee" crap.  This shit matters.  You should think about it.  You should WANT to think about it.  You should CARE that other people DON'T want to think about it.  You should be willing to engage other people in conversation about it.  Politics and how you think about it is not something that gets handed down to you like a birthright; you're totally capable of evolving over time and learning new things to inform your opinions.  Crying because other people post shit about it on facebook doesn't make you too cool for school and above it all; it makes you sound like a whiny bitch who doesn't like getting their worldview challenged.  Sack up and defend your positions, or you must not really care about them all that much.
yar

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #18633 on: September 07, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
I also shat up Cohen's FB page a bit by engaging with a conservative friend of his.  Usually don't do that, but I got to throw out all these budget stats I've wasted time memorizing and see if I could force some sort of comity (nope!).  And hey, the mess isn't on my wall.  :teehee

Sorry Cohen!

Holy crap, I had only read the start of that FB thread.

Romney has the "Midas touch"

He doesn't need to establish his bona fides because of his executive experience in fixing shit.

Wtf? :lol
MMA

Himu

« Reply #18634 on: September 07, 2012, 05:13:06 PM »
What is something that makes everyone who touches it change its stance on whatever it is currently doing? That is what Romney is, but I can't come up with a good name.

The Flip Flop touch doesn't sound nearly as marketable as the Midas Touch.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #18635 on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
The Mittus Touch.
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #18636 on: September 07, 2012, 05:15:09 PM »
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18637 on: September 07, 2012, 05:39:06 PM »
no, the Mittens Touch
pcp

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
WDW

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18639 on: September 07, 2012, 07:12:36 PM »

dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18640 on: September 07, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »
 >:( no sir, i dont like it
pcp

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #18641 on: September 07, 2012, 07:33:30 PM »
Ya, those edits are terribad.
MMA

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18642 on: September 07, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »
©ZH

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #18643 on: September 07, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »
Ya, those edits are terribad.

Looks like some crap GAF came up with
🍆🍆

Trurl

« Reply #18644 on: September 07, 2012, 08:30:37 PM »
The unicorn one would be good if I were a conservative convinced that Romney is a liberal in disguise.

Actually, a lot of these are so bad that they're awesome.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:38:05 PM by Trurl »

Himu

« Reply #18645 on: September 07, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »
Well I didn't laugh. So how am I supposed to feel after reading those edits?
IYKYK

Trurl

« Reply #18646 on: September 07, 2012, 08:39:20 PM »

The delusion is hilarious. 

Himu

« Reply #18647 on: September 07, 2012, 08:42:39 PM »
let's guess which of those gop candidates were "perfect"

I'm guessing Santorum?
IYKYK

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #18648 on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:01 PM »
Rick Perry

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #18649 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:06 PM »
Ronald Reagan

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18650 on: September 07, 2012, 11:31:10 PM »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18651 on: September 07, 2012, 11:50:22 PM »
STOP RUINING PBF YOU FUCKS
pcp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18652 on: September 08, 2012, 12:35:23 AM »

Oblivion

« Reply #18653 on: September 08, 2012, 01:10:39 AM »
Can some of us peasants be allowed to friend some of you high class bitches on Facebook? Or is that just an icon only thing?

:punch

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh man, I haven't seen that comic in years, didn't even know there was a third panel. :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18654 on: September 08, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »
I generally accept most friend requests from Borians.  I think the only person I've ever not accepted is Count Dragula, because he's a muslim.

Just kidding.  It's because he's not a gay muslim.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18655 on: September 08, 2012, 01:16:25 AM »
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #18656 on: September 08, 2012, 01:18:36 AM »
We should elect the PBF guy.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18657 on: September 08, 2012, 02:19:44 AM »

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #18658 on: September 08, 2012, 02:50:28 AM »
The very last panel of PD's post is the first time I laughed at any of these comics. Just because of the mental image of Ron Paul being beat up.
AMC

Himu

« Reply #18659 on: September 08, 2012, 03:28:11 AM »
I admit, I chuckled.

IYKYK