Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1856058 times)

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Mandark, are you and Federwang nervous about Obama NOW???

(Image removed from quote.)

LOL

Oblivion

Glenn Beck challenging Colbert? He's gonna get annihilated (Beck, I mean). :rofl :rofl :rofl

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.

Glenn Beck challenging Colbert? He's gonna get annihilated (Beck, I mean). :rofl :rofl :rofl

I would love to see this, Colbert probably has the quickest mind in showbuisness, Beck not so much.

Edit: LOL at Nugent punctuating Beck's comments with INTENSE GUITAR NOODLING

An interviewer from the British newspaper The Independent questioned Nugent about a 1977 interview in High Times magazine in which Nugent allegedly detailed elaborate steps taken to avoid the Vietnam draft.[32]

"I got 30 days' notice of the physical," Nugent told them. "I ceased cleansing my body. Two weeks before the test I stopped eating food with nutritional value. A week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. My pants got crusted up." [32]

What a Patriot!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:52:52 AM by Mamacint »
___

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.

I would love to see this, Colbert probably has the quickest mind in showbuisness, Beck not so much.

Guest:  *I'm passing out!*
Beck: Uh-huh. So the governments eating up these cancerous assets right?
Guest: Yea. *wavers back and forth*
Beck: You okay?
Guest: *I'm passing out!*
Beck: *nods* okay.  You want to shake hands?
Guest: I'm gone. *passes out*
Beck:  Can someone get this guy some help please!

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
:michigancry

jon

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
How do any of those posters make sense? Obama has lowered taxes on 95% of Americans view the stimulus package. The ones who'll pay more haven't had their taxes increase yet.

Do they actually think they are paying more in taxes somehow?

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Colbert ripped apart Beck last night. :lol
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
THIS IS A REVOLUTION!`
PSP

Eric P

• Icon
i was surprised when i saw a black female in one of the photos
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
It's a trick! Get an axe!
PSP

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Driving home yesterday, the traffic was brutal because everyone was rubbernecking the teabaggers protesting in front of the local government building. It got a surprising turnout, my friend said it best when he said "look at the crowd, it's all old white people... not a single minority there". Then again, I had to remind him we live in Smithtown, a super-white area.
^_^

Cheebs

I watched beck clips.

Why are they claiming to be the majority ("The majority of this country won't take it anymore" "We are the silent majority, standing up to a government who won't listen to the American people."....etc)? Do they at ALL remember there was an election pretty damn recently? This baffles me.

Kestastrophe

Is Michigan the new South? seems so

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
jon

Kestastrophe

Wait, why is the guy with 300 being used? HES NOT EVEN AMERICAN. And those Asian kids. That's bullshit because they're guaranteed decent jobs and a good chunk of change. It's in their DNA.
http://photos.mlive.com/grandrapidspress/2009/04/tax_protests.html

According to the article, they are adopted Chinese kids. Outsourcing American pregnancies  :usacry

jon

Cheebs

Michigan voted for Obama by a massive 16 point margin, we did fine. And our state never voted for Bush once.  :american

Kestastrophe

Michigan voted for Obama by a massive 16 point margin, we did fine. And our state never voted for Bush once.  :american

omg, check out the comments under that video. some dude just argued that Obama endorsed wiretapping, which violates the second amendment  :lol
jon

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
So, I sent a link to my libertardian friend about Ron Paul and the Letters of Marque, now he's in love with the concept, wanting to start his own army to take out the pirates. It's amazing how my friend claims to not be brainwashed by the media and thinks for himself... but agrees with every word that comes out of RP's mouth.
^_^

Cheebs

This is why this tea party was a failure and does nothing but further make the right look like a fringe.

When the left protested Bush it was almost always about one thing. War.

The right? They were protesting taxes, spending, abortion, decreasing moral values, immigration, gay marriage, Obama being a secret Muslim, acorn, you name it. It was a random jumble of right wing opinion on every topic imaginable.

Wait is that a anti BIDEN sign in the background with the letters of his name spelling and stuff. What the hell has Biden done worth protesting?  :lol

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
the acorn thing just baffles me.
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

omg, check out the comments under that video. some dude just argued that Obama endorsed wiretapping, which violates the second amendment  :lol

To be fair, Obama HAS kind of endorsed wiretapping.

The tea parties were a joke.  We're all just laughing at them now.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
the acorn thing just baffles me.

That's because you're a fascist.

GLENN BECK/SARAH PALIN 2012 :rock
PSP

Eric P

• Icon

This is why this tea party was a failure and does nothing but further make the right look like a fringe.

When the left protested Bush it was almost always about one thing. War.

The right? They were protesting taxes, spending, abortion, decreasing moral values, immigration, gay marriage, Obama being a secret Muslim, acorn, you name it. It was a random jumble of right wing opinion on every topic imaginable.

Wait is that a anti BIDEN sign in the background with the letters of his name spelling and stuff. What the hell has Biden done worth protesting?  :lol

leftist protests had a lot of that too.  animal testing, environmentalism, 9/11 truthers would all attach themselves to the war protests though.  at least that i would see in dc

you always have fringe elements that attach to where they think they can pick up like minded individuals

for instance antiwar protesters would show up and intermingle w/ anti police brutality protesters in dc.
Tonya

Cheebs

Acorn is pretty much for conservatives what Diebold was for liberals.

People don't like losing elections and would rather assume it was stolen. It is in a way easier to rationalize than to accept the fact most don't agree with you.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Shimon Shiffer, the Yedioth Achronoth correspondent and one of Israel's top journalists, is reporting today that Rahm Emanuel told a top Jewish organizational figure that President Obama intends to see a Palestinian state created during his first term.

"In the next four years there is going to be a permanent status arrangement between Israel and the Palestinians on the basis of two states for two peoples, and it doesn't matter to us at all who is prime minister," Shiffer quotes Emanuel as saying.

More details here including the President's decision to be "out of town" when Netanyahu comes to Washington for the AIPAC conference.

I'll try to find a link in English. So far, the story is only in Hebrew.
http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/04/16/rahm_emanuel_obama_laying_down_law_to_netanyahu/

hm

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Honeymoon over!
PSP

Cheebs

Obama's argument rational. No one, well no one outside of Israel could ever imagine Palestine and Israel coming to terms without Palestine having its own land.

Eric P

• Icon

SD?!
Tonya

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
The alternative, of course, is having a South Africa type situation where there's one state but the majority of the people in the state (Palestinians) don't have rights, since I doubt a sizable number of Palestinians are gonna vote for even a cuddly Jew, much less a hardass like Netanyahu or a nutbar like Avigdor Lieberman.
yar

Obama's argument rational. No one, well no one outside of Israel could ever imagine Palestine and Israel coming to terms without Palestine having its own land.

It needs to be done. End of story.
野球

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I saw a tea party while driving back to my hotel on myrtle beach. One sign read, "Honk if you are paying my mortgage"..... I was confused. Does he mean that he doesn't work and the govt. is paying his mortgage to keep him out of forclosure and he is mad about it?

I also got kind of pissed off seeing them. I guessed that there were maybe 100 people probably less. I wanted to go back with my sign but I remembered that I was probably in a red state.
©ZH

Eric P

• Icon
i think that "finder's keeper's" rule of imperialism will be just fine myself
Tonya

Oblivion

"WHERE'S YOUR TELEPROMPTER LOL"

Holy shit, so it's apparently better to drop out of school and immediately start working at McDonald's, because you'd wind up with the same amount of money in the end under Obama's tax plan.

Jesus Christo, these people need a face full of shotgun.

Oblivion

Also, totally random thing not directly related to the topic at hand,  I know you guys don't like libertarians, but Bill Maher's pretty neato potato.

Dickie Dee

The alternative, of course, is having a South Africa type situation where there's one state but the majority of the people in the state (Palestinians) don't have rights, since I doubt a sizable number of Palestinians are gonna vote for even a cuddly Jew, much less a hardass like Netanyahu or a nutbar like Avigdor Lieberman.

It'd be nice to think that the two groups can live together but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. If Israel had a measure of sanity left they'd embrace the two state solution ASAP, cuz they won't be in such a position of strength in the future.
___

Eric P

• Icon
lots of casual racism at these things

Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I say we hold a MEGA TEA PARTY SPONSORED BY GLENN BECK in the middle of the Nevada desert and nuke everyone.
PSP

Dickie Dee

Also, totally random thing not directly related to the topic at hand,  I know you guys don't like libertarians, but Bill Maher's pretty neato potato.

Maher was only really libertarian in a former life (back in the Politically Incorrect days he still considered himself a libertarian Republican), I'd say he's more independant and leaning left on most things now.
___

Himu

IYKYK

siamesedreamer

On a serious note though, Obama's announcement of the high speed rail plan is great. I just wish they would be more honest with the total costs. $13B over five years doesn't seem nearly enough. Infrastructure like this that would probably have a nice effect on commerce/economic growth. I think there's an argument to be made that its definately something we should be spending a lot of money on.

Eric P

• Icon
it's time to close down the internet

Tonya

huckleberry

The high speed rail announcement is awesome - if it ever comes to fruition.  I don't believe for a second that Americans have the balls to fund and build a passenger railroad infrastructure.
wub

Eric P

• Icon
The high speed rail announcement is awesome - if it ever comes to fruition.  I don't believe for a second that Americans have the balls to fund and build a passenger railroad infrastructure.

perhaps that's what we need to do. We need to go to americans and say "what, you too pussy to build a railroad?  even sissy france has railroads.  tiny dicked asians have railroad.  the dude you buy slurpees from in the summer, his country has railroads.  why don't you?  you too scared?"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:02:41 PM by Eric P »
Tonya

Dickie Dee

Insect torture, god damn
___

huckleberry

If it worked I am all for it....nothing would please me more than to be able to ditch my car forever.
wub

I'm all for installing high speed rail lines across the country. It will be great for a lot of people, but I don't see it eliminating the need for most people to have a car. A lot of Americans don't live in or near large urban centers. Many cities and towns aren't set up like they are in Europe and Asia where this works incredibly well.
野球

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I'm all for installing high speed rail lines across the country. It will be great for a lot of people, but I don't see it eliminating the need for most people to have a car. A lot of Americans don't live in or near large urban centers. Many cities and towns aren't set up like they are in Europe and Asia where this works incredibly well.

then those people should either move to real cities or die alone in the wilderness, their choice
乱学者

Dickie Dee

I kinda hate this argument...the best part of the vast expanses where nobody lives is that NOBODY LIVES THERE and therefore investing in infrastructure there isn't really as required. An overwhelming majority of Americans live in urban centers and surrounding areas.
___

Mandark

• Icon
distant's got a point.  A lot of people live in exurbs which aren't dense enough to support good metro systems and where hub-to-hub rail wouldn't be a big help.

But things got that way because of decisions to support roads over rail and sprawl over density.  We chose this as a society and we can change it as a society.  Train-friendly development happens because there's a good train system in place.

Not saying we'll become the UK overnight or even in 20 years.  But there's a ton of room to improve.

Dickie Dee

distant's got a point.  A lot of people live in exurbs which aren't dense enough to support good metro systems and where hub-to-hub rail wouldn't be a big help.

But things got that way because of decisions to support roads over rail and sprawl over density.  We chose this as a society and we can change it as a society.  Train-friendly development happens because there's a good train system in place.

Not saying we'll become the UK overnight or even in 20 years.  But there's a ton of room to improve.

IMO, Park n' Ride systems seem a decent solution...it'd mostly be pretty easy for a person to drive 5-10min to their closest terminal, but being stuck on a "highway" going an average of 5mph for an hour and a half isn't good for anyone.

I don't think anyone expects America to turn into NYC overnight where someone can go their entire adult lives without even learning how to drive.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:31:49 PM by Mamacint »
___

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/04/moore-award-nominee-1.html

"I’m really enjoying this whole teabag thing. It’s really inspiring some excellent daydreaming. For one thing, it’s brought together the words teabag and Michelle Malkin for me in a very powerful, thrilling sort of way. Not that I haven’t ever put those two concepts together before, but this is the first time it’s happened while in the process of reading her actual columns...Now when I read her stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of balls in her mouth. It vastly improves her prose," - Matt Taibbi, True/Slant.
乱学者

huckleberry

All I know is that if I have the option to take a train somewhere and not have to rely on a car then I will be happy.  Probably comes from my love for daydreaming while my parents drove when I was a kid.

And Mandark is right....we created this sprawl and we can uncreate it.

Electric cars are great and all but I would rather be able to do without one altogether.
wub

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

:lol
PSP

Himu

http://www.aclu.org/safefree/general/olc_memos.html

Holy cow. Are these people going to be persecuted and charged for war crimes?

This shit is not human.
IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
乱学者

siamesedreamer

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123992516941227309.html#mod%3DtestMod%26articleTabs%3Dcomments

The administration knew about this when they appointed him. More hopenchange in the new era of responsibility.