Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1855995 times)

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I also heard someone bring up illegal immigration. :dizzy
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
[youtube=560,345]EcijeEtf-wA[/youtube]

Old people. :lol
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
I also heard someone bring up illegal immigration. :dizzy

I read that whoever did that got a big round of applause.

It came up at that Tampa town hall a few weeks ago, too.

She pressed on, mostly unheard among screams from the audience estimated by Tampa police to be about 1,500.

"Tell the truth! Tell the truth!" "Read the bill!" "Forty-million illegals! Forty million illegals!"

But it would be wrong to imply that these citizens were motivated by anything other than informed concerns about policy.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
In retrospect, I think people will look back and ask us how our generation did not understand that all of this (birthers, townies, etc.) was just thinly-veiled racism.

But, yeah, she got a big round of applause.

I also appreciate McCain not being a total prick and sucking up to the crowd. He's a lot more likable when he's not running for President.
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
This is why people think liberals are a bunch of raving idiots.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=bw-20010714:20090825005791:1&show_article=1

In response to a recent Wall Street Journal op-ed by Whole Foods’ Chief Executive Officer John Mackey, activists, consumers and labor groups around the country have been organizing in opposition to his efforts to undermine meaningful health care reform.

Over the course of the next few weeks, members and staff from the United Food and Commercial Workers Union (UFCW) will be disseminating educational information to Whole Foods shoppers. The purpose of these efforts will be to set the record straight about health care reform and to raise serious concerns about Whole Foods CEO’s position on this critical issue. These events will be part of a series of regional educational efforts being planned for the coming weeks.

Anyone that knows someone that works at a whole foods knows that they treat their employees top notch.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whole Foods Market has been included in Fortune magazine's annual list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" every year since the list's inception in 1998, most recently at No. 5 in 2007.

In the 2006 Harris Interactive/The Wall Street Journal ranking of the world's best and worst corporate reputations, Whole Foods placed 12th overall and received the best score of any company for social responsibility.

Whole Foods was included in Corporate Responsibility Officer magazine's annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list for 2007, ranking No. 54 out of 1,100 U.S. public companies surveyed. The ranking is based on measures of corporate service to eight groups: shareholders, community, governance, diversity, employees, environment, human rights and product.
[close]

:piss Liberals :piss2

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
What does the fact that Whole Foods is a good company to work for matter in context to its CEO making a really stupid comment?

Your logic leap is astounding. :lol
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
In retrospect, I think people will look back and ask us how our generation did not understand that all of this (birthers, townies, etc.) was just thinly-veiled racism.

You sir have a different opion than me about the issues of the day. Instead of engaging in debate with you or trying to persuade you, I will merly show my ignorance and call you a racist. Good Say sir.

:lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Do you believe the correlation of people who think the President is a Keyan and their political affiliation and geography is a coincidence? What does illegal immigration have to do with health care reform? Why are people bringing firearms to town halls?

It must be nice to have your head in the sand.
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
What does the fact that Whole Foods is a good company to work for matter in context to its CEO making a really stupid comment?

Your logic leap is astounding. :lol

I'll ignore the fact that you think a different opinon is "a really stupid comment?"

And just say that its pointless to boycot a whole company, that has a proven history of being an excellent employer, because their CEO isnt liberal enough.

Go ahead and boyvot whole foods. Then maybe they will close down and walmart will take their spot.  :lol

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
Whole Foods' CEO has always been an abashed lolbertopian (the only real distinction is that he's actually accomplished something in life *cough* *cough*)

The general clientele that WF caters to might be interested in the fact he's leading a charge against UHC though.
___

Mandark

• Icon
Nice to see someone defending Birthers as just having "a different opion than me about the issues of the day."

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Do you believe the correlation of people who think the President is a Keyan and their political affiliation and geography is a coincidence? What does illegal immigration have to do with health care reform? Why are people bringing firearms to town halls?

What color is this mans skin?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I'll ignore the fact that you think a different opinon is "a really stupid comment?"

His comment that eating Whole Foods is the solution to health care is distinguished mentally-challenged. It's not even something the Republicans can get behind!

... that's how you know it's bad.

And just say that its pointless to boycot a whole company, that has a proven history of being an excellent employer, because their CEO isnt liberal enough.

It doesn't say anything about boycotting Whole Foods, but distributing information to consumers and workers about the CEO and the company's line on health care reform.

Nice little fantasy you created, though.

Go ahead and boyvot whole foods. Then maybe they will close down and walmart will take their spot.  :lol

I don't get this joke. ???
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
I bet the whole foods CEO is racist too! Right guys? Right!!!!!  :maf

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

What color is this mans skin?

(Image removed from quote.)

Drats! You have obviously foiled my plan, by pointing out a black man carrying a firearm.

... Since you're a big fan of relativism, I should let you know that there were black Confederate soldiers too!
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Uhhh that's the famous gun weilding incident you are talking about.

Mandark

• Icon
Here's a question.

Say you're a raving libertarian like Ron Paul or FoC, who believes that 95% of the federal government's current operations are unconstitutional, and are dead set against the state restricting the freedom of people.

Why would you make one giant exception and give the government the authority to track down, arrest, and deport people who hadn't harmed anyone and were willing to work?  Why go against your principles in this one case?  The government can't implement different marginal tax rates, but it's okay to use force to tell people where they can't live?

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
I'll help you out wilco since you don't watch the news.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/17/obama.protest.rifle/index.html

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Flame thinks that's the only incident :lol
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Why would you make one giant exception and give the government the authority to track down, arrest, and deport people who hadn't harmed anyone and were willing to work?  Why go against your principles in this one case?  The government can't implement different marginal tax rates, but it's okay to use force to tell people where they can't live?

Most libertarians, including me are against that.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
The article says there was even an incident in another state where the President attended a town hall. And there's been more nutjobs packing heat at town halls where the President is not attending! :rofl
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Flame thinks that's the only incident :lol

That is the most famous incident by a mile. That was the incident in the news and on the radio. Mabe all the sand in your fat vag is getting in the way for you?  ???

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Actually wilco, you're right. That black guy was racist. You found him out.

Dickie Dee

The funniest part was that his main interviewer was also a guy wearing a sidearm to a Presidental event.

"What's that Dr. Frankenstein? Why this mob was out for a good stroll and wanted some torches to provide illumination and these pitchforks are just in case a good gardening session breaks out. HOW DARE YOU IMPLY OTHERWISE GOOD SIR!!"
___

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Yeah, sorry FoC but the first and more famous incident came at the New Hampshire town hall with the idiot carrying the "time to water the tree of liberty" sign.  It's been confirmed that the guy interviewing the black dude and others that showed up to subsequent town halls planned on it after seeing the first guy get on the teevee.
yar

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
You're such an idiot. There was also another man with a rifle and about dozen folks with handguns at the same rally. And that came from a reporter from Fox News.

... Not to mention that it was a story because the media was reporting on folks bringing firearms to town halls prior to that day. The first incident occurred in Arizona, whereas the incident you are referring to happened afterwards - in New Hampshire.

Again, must be nice to have your head in the sand.

Of course there was more than one incident. But the one with all the photos was this guy. A black guy. Is he racist wilco? Stop dodging the question.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Yeah, sorry FoC but the first and more famous incident came at the New Hampshire town hall with the idiot carrying the "time to water the tree of liberty" sign.  It's been confirmed that the guy interviewing the black dude and others that showed up to subsequent town halls planned on it after seeing the first guy get on the teevee.

You're right this man wasnt the first. But that doesnt change the fact that non white people are still attending the townhall meetings to voice against socialized medicine. That's all I was getting it.

Mandark

• Icon

Quote from: FoC
Hey you guys lets let more of these immigrants into the country. It's not like welfare is needed for people who actually deserve it.

America has some of the most libveral immigration laws. I think we need to change it a bit. Getting rid of birthright citizenship is a good start.

Illegal immigrants can now get citizenship faster than me, a law abiding citizen, can get a passport. This is fucking ridiculous.

For the most part America ia  damn fine country. If current immigration trends continue we will be a countryfull of people who don't appreciate the what makes the country so great. The immigration laws are there for a reason, to say that they dont matter just undermines the whole process.

I dont get how illegal immigrant commit crimes at a less rate than the general population. They are breaking the law just by being here.

Granted Bill sucks and is going off on a random tangent here. But, the immigration problem still exists and needs to be handled.

Government should stay out of my business rakka rakka blah de blah unless it's enforcing a law to keep the furriners away from me.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
He totally could be. Maybe he hates Kenyans!

... Oh, I forgot to tell you, there's also black Republicans. :shh

I fail to see, using your assumption that someone with the same skin color cannot possibly be racist, that you have obviously proven that all the gun-toting white people that yell about illegal immigration, the President being a Kenyan and other such garbage are certainly not racist.

BUT THIS IS FLAME LOGIC. :dizzy
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Mandark with the history search burn. :lol

I like how Flame also dodges all the rhetoric about illegal immigration, people saying that the President hates America, he's not born here, etc.
PSP

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead

Hey you guys lets let more of these immigrants into the country. It's not like welfare is needed for people who actually deserve it.

America has some of the most libveral immigration laws. I think we need to change it a bit. Getting rid of birthright citizenship is a good start.

Illegal immigrants can now get citizenship faster than me, a law abiding citizen, can get a passport. This is fucking ridiculous.

For the most part America ia  damn fine country. If current immigration trends continue we will be a countryfull of people who don't appreciate the what makes the country so great. The immigration laws are there for a reason, to say that they dont matter just undermines the whole process.

I dont get how illegal immigrant commit crimes at a less rate than the general population. They are breaking the law just by being here.

Granted Bill sucks and is going off on a random tangent here. But, the immigration problem still exists and needs to be handled.

Government should stay out of my business rakka rakka blah de blah unless it's enforcing a law to keep the furriners away from me.

Of course their should be immigration reform. That not what you said in yuor original post.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
I like how Flame also dodges all the rhetoric about illegal immigration, people saying that the President hates America, he's not born here, etc.

Probably becasue I have yet to hear a conservative say that other than a few yahoos on the TV.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Yes, Mandark, he obviously meant we should have immigration reform primarily consisting of giant tea parties and work visas!
PSP

Dickie Dee

No, he was just crazy. There are a myriad of reasons that people are going apeshit over a center-left president so soon after he's still trying to clean up after one of the worst administrations in history. Not understanding that rascism is playing a major part but there's still room for other reasons, that sounds...actually that sounds a bit like something fucking ignorant that you would say.
___

Mandark

• Icon
FoC:  If you think immigration limits should be enforced, then you're saying the government should have the power to tell people (immigrants) where not to live (America) even if they haven't harmed anyone (treating the immigration itself as a crime and grounds for deportation).  That's a really large restriction on freedom, which is carried out through the threat of physical force.

Also, you really want to argue that the tea parties and town hall protests haven't been very, very, very white?  I'm sure you can point to a token black or latino protester here and there, but c'mon.  If you pretend not to see what's painfully obvious to everyone else, you're just going to look delusional.

http://www.oliverwillis.com/2009/08/09/astroturf-town-hall-mob-in-tennessee-9th/

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
There are a myriad of reasons that people are going apeshit over a center-left president so soon after he's still trying to clean up after one of the worst administrations in history.
Especially if you think FDR is the worst president in history
jon

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Why are you guys all disagreeing with me. Stop being so racist.

Hey look I'm a liberal!  :lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I think a lot of it is bitterness stemming from having a Democrat in the White House, but  amplified by having a black, liberal Democrat in the White House. He's obviously a Kenyan! And wants to become a communist dictator! He is going to kill old people! There is no stopping this terrifying black man, who has a deep rooted hatred of white people (especially his mother)!
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Well, to be fair, Flame, I do have a deep rooted hatred of white children that grew up in upper middle class homes and didn't really have to work for anything they got.
PSP

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

They were apart of the same organization
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08/report_az_assault_rifle-wielding_man_and_nh_gun_to.php

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
FoC:  If you think immigration limits should be enforced, then you're saying the government should have the power to tell people (immigrants) where not to live (America) even if they haven't harmed anyone (treating the immigration itself as a crime and grounds for deportation).  That's a really large restriction on freedom, which is carried out through the threat of physical force.

We have a pretty lax immigration policy as it is. I'm not sure why you think that if the U.S enforces it's immigration laws that they are being unjust. When I lived in Japan, I talked with a few foreigners about their situation and they all pretty much said that it was next to impossible to become a citizen there. I guess I didnt realize that it was a stretch for me to expect people to obey the laws.  ???

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Well, to be fair, Flame, I do have a deep rooted hatred of white children that grew up in upper middle class homes and didn't really have to work for anything they got.

You hate yourself?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Japan's xenophobia is obviously a model for immigration.
PSP

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

You hate yourself?

Are you kidding me? :lol
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
A learning moment!
« Reply #4964 on: August 25, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »
Just thought I'd point out that FoC's using the same rhetorical trick that ALWAYS gets trotted out during these things.

Liberal:  Race has got to be the main reason why there's such an emotional, visceral reaction against immigration (when it's not even the subject of the meetings!) and all these Mysterious Other conspiracy theories about the black president and his nationality or religion.

Conservative:  You just called me personally a racist!  You're saying that race is the only possible reason someone might disagree with you on an issue!  You're saying it's impossible to support any immigration policy other than yours without being a racist!

Liberal:  That's not what I said.  I'm trying to be honest about the reasons why these issues so deeply scare and anger some people.  If it were just a matter of finding an efficient policy, I don't think you'd see the sort of...

Conservative:  RACE CARD!  RACE CARD!  RACE CARD!  RACE CARD!

Liberal:  Oh, whatever.

Conservative:  *sees black person approaching, crosses to other side of the street*

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
I think a lot of it is bitterness stemming from having a Democrat in the White House, but  amplified by having a black, liberal Democrat in the White House. He's obviously a Kenyan! And wants to become a communist dictator!

Maybe it's just because of my age or that I live in a liberal city. But I have yet to meet anyone in real life that thinks or says those things.  ??? Maybe I'm naive when it comes to other republicans.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
Re: A learning moment!
« Reply #4966 on: August 25, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
Just thought I'd point out that FoC's using the same rhetorical trick that ALWAYS gets trotted out during these things.

Liberal:  Race has got to be the main reason why there's such an emotional, visceral reaction against immigration (when it's not even the subject of the meetings!) and all these Mysterious Other conspiracy theories about the black president and his nationality or religion.

Conservative:  You just called me personally a racist!  You're saying that race is the only possible reason someone might disagree with you on an issue!  You're saying it's impossible to support any immigration policy other than yours without being a racist!

Liberal:  That's not what I said.  I'm trying to be honest about the reasons why these issues so deeply scare and anger some people.  If it were just a matter of finding an efficient policy, I don't think you'd see the sort of...

Liberal:  Oh, whatever.

Conservative:  *sees black person approaching, crosses to other side of the street*

:lol Liberal complains about the race card? HELL HAS FROZEN OVER.

Mandark

• Icon

We have a pretty lax immigration policy as it is. I'm not sure why you think that if the U.S enforces it's immigration laws that they are being unjust. When I lived in Japan, I talked with a few foreigners about their situation and they all pretty much said that it was next to impossible to become a citizen there. I guess I didnt realize that it was a stretch for me to expect people to obey the laws.  ???

The point is that on a billion other things (business regulation, taxes, zoning, social spending etc.) you won't hesitate to say that you think the current law is wrong, stupid, trampling people's freedoms, and unconstitutional.  In fact, the entire point of Ron Paul style libertarianism is that most of the current laws are violating our natural rights.

So when your first reaction is to say that other people need to shut up and obey those laws, rather than ranting about how unfair they are...

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
OBEY THE BIBLESTITUTION
duc

Mandark

• Icon
Re: A learning moment!
« Reply #4969 on: August 25, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »

:lol Liberal complains about the race card? HELL HAS FROZEN OVER.

I think maybe you should point more points into the Reading For Content talent tree.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Maybe it's just because of my age

I don't think your chronological age is the problem here.
QED

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I think the problem is that Flame doesn't know what it's like to actually have to struggle.
PSP

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I think the problem is that Flame doesn't know what it's like to actually have to struggle.

Honestly, the real problem is that he can't spell struggle.
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
It blows my mind that people function like this.

I mean, I'm all for opposing view points - certainly I do not see eye-to-eye with a number of you (Mandark included) - but there must be a place where ideology meets reality, right?
PSP

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
[youtube=560,345]EcijeEtf-wA[/youtube]
wtc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
The look on McCain's face when he grabs the microphone back. :lol

I also liked, earlier in that town hall, some woman goes off on a crazy rant and he is like, "Wow, I'm glad I picked you."
PSP

Dickie Dee

People just love being on Welfare.
___

Human Snorenado

• Icon
It blows my mind that people function like this.

I mean, I'm all for opposing view points - certainly I do not see eye-to-eye with a number of you (Mandark included) - but there must be a place where ideology meets reality, right?

To more and more people (COUGH) I'm beginning to believe that having an ideology is more important than dealing with reality.
yar

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
The look on McCain's face when he grabs the microphone back. :lol

wtc

Oblivion

Don't worry guys. Cletus, here was only packing heat just in case president A-RAB has any thoughts  on repealing the Declaration of Independence as well. :gun
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:52:46 PM by Oblivion »