Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8, we can finally stop waiting on GURM  (Read 110444 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8, we can finally stop waiting on GURM
« Reply #480 on: May 06, 2019, 06:43:38 PM »
Davos moves into Kings Landing with just 20 men who volunteer to join him. Het gets murdered instantly by the Unsullied. No one cares.
🤴

Himu

« Reply #481 on: May 06, 2019, 08:22:26 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/bldggj/spoilers_main_the_thing_im_saddest_about_is/

Complainers: D&D can’t write (which is true)

Also complainers: please hold my hand daddy I crave exposition

I’ll be the last person to defend GoT. A lot it does is bad. But it also does a lot of good. The cutaway from Sansa and Arya’s reactions is good. We now know how Sansa reacted because she clearly wants Jon as king hence “what if there’s someone better.” This is all precisely why comic book movies are the number one movie now and it's these bloody people’s fault. People who cannot follow a story using basic storytelling techniques using the most prominent storytelling medium of the 20th and 21th centuries - film.

Yes, we need to show everything. Make GoT into a clip show.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:27:01 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #482 on: May 06, 2019, 09:03:34 PM »
It makes sense to cut away to create a bit of suspense, but it's potentially an emotional scene besides just being a plot point. I think it's fair that people would want to see a scene like that, with characters they've gotten attached to and who have a history with each other.

agrajag

« Reply #483 on: May 06, 2019, 09:09:08 PM »
Arya must've not taken it well, the way she noped out of Winterfell.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #484 on: May 06, 2019, 09:35:16 PM »
the power struggle between dany and sansa is much more interesting than just about anything that's happened for the last two seasons. shame to have it haphazardly cobbled together in the space of two episodes as everything is on "oh shit, better wrap this up" mode.

all feels very JJ abrams.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #485 on: May 06, 2019, 09:47:31 PM »
Arya must've not taken it well, the way she noped out of Winterfell.

I think she noped out due to being uncomfortable in society. She's basically a broken, crazy assassin person that wears other people's faces. They touched on that with the Gendry scene where he tries to wife her and she's like "nah brah, shootin arrows, gotta stay sharp."

She's still got some names on her list...
yar

Himu

« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2019, 09:56:53 PM »
It makes sense to cut away to create a bit of suspense, but it's potentially an emotional scene besides just being a plot point. I think it's fair that people would want to see a scene like that, with characters they've gotten attached to and who have a history with each other.

It will have been the 4th time it's revealed. We know the necessary information. I don't really care about suspense. Do we really need another scene having the same details gone over? At best, you'd see a shocked face, then cut.
IYKYK

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2019, 10:04:37 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2019, 10:34:49 PM »

bluemax

« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2019, 11:26:07 PM »
The whole parley at King's Landing was 10 kinds of dumb. Why doesn't Cersei just wipe them out right there? Her two biggest enemies are essentially unguarded and open!

Why does King's Landing not have a moat?
NO

El Babua

« Reply #491 on: May 07, 2019, 12:24:17 AM »
filler you gotta get into the books breh

agrajag

« Reply #492 on: May 07, 2019, 12:37:04 AM »

:whew

Himu

« Reply #493 on: May 07, 2019, 05:00:22 AM »
Figured it out.

Arya says she’s not coming back because she’s going to do everything she can to make Jon king and wants to be in his kings guard.

Boom.

I think that the “I’m not a lady, I never was” is the hint.

She couldn’t be a lady like Sansa, cooped in a castle making children. She’s always been fascinated with warriors and knights, even going as far as naming her direwolf after the warrior queen.

We’ve seen one scene already where Jaime, a knight, makes Brianna - a woman - a Knight. Maybe Clegane can do the honor for Arya? I think that’s the best overall story ender for Arya. and the show runners have yet to make her look truly vulnerable.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 05:06:17 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #494 on: May 07, 2019, 05:22:19 AM »
I can't believe this is the trash they gave us with two years to plan for it.

Welcome to almost all TV shows ever.
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #495 on: May 07, 2019, 05:27:28 AM »
I can't believe this is the trash they gave us with two years to plan for it.

Welcome to almost all TV shows ever.

They either die great, or live long enough to become crap

Himu

IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Himu

« Reply #498 on: May 07, 2019, 03:09:13 PM »
I feel for all the actors and actresses involved.
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #499 on: May 07, 2019, 03:10:56 PM »
wow even irl Missandei is less of a selfish bitch than Dany

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #500 on: May 07, 2019, 04:26:41 PM »
Stannis was the dumbest character.
ned putting promises made to characters who are long since dead above the well being of characters who are still alive is pretty up there

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #501 on: May 07, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »
Also, have we already talked about the “if I wasn’t raped and tortured I never would’ve learned the real meaning of being a woman” spiel from Sansa?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #502 on: May 07, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »
Also, have we already talked about the “if I wasn’t raped and tortured I never would’ve learned the real meaning of being a woman” spiel from Sansa?

:no1curr

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #504 on: May 07, 2019, 04:54:17 PM »
1) no, because that's not really what she's saying
2) no, because we're not REEEEE and have no interest in virtue signalling here
3) no, because  :no1curr
que

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #505 on: May 07, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
No one virtue signals on this Taco Bell fansite. Keep the shit in the shit thread.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #506 on: May 07, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »
EPISODE 5:
*Gendry arrives at Storms End*
"Hello everyone, I'm the new lord of Storms End"

"... are you now son?"

"UNCLE STANNIS!? You are alive!"

"You can be lord of this castle once I take the Iron Throne which is mine by right!"

*Stannis heads to the Vale*

"Who do you want to be king boy, a Stark, a dragon lady, a Lannister? They killed your only family."

"Take me knights Mr. Stannisss"

"Take my grammar lessons boy"

*Stannis and his army and knights of the Vale head for Kings Landing*

"Jon Stark?, what is the meaning of this!"

"I made an oath to my queen. We will charge this castle head on and kill everyone inside because one of her advisors got killed and she flew too close to a massive crossbow fleet with her dragons"

"Are you stupid boy? Where are the archers, the catapults the enemy is right in front of us standing in front of their castle?!"

"I'm glad you are back Lord Stannis. We all thought you were dead. We could really use a capable commander to lead us in this battle"

"Come on Lord Davos, let's finish this"

*Stannis and his forces attack Kings Landing and are instantly defeated by the Golden Company*

*Stannis escapes the battle*

"NEXT TIME IRON THRONE, NEXT TIME!!...."
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #507 on: May 07, 2019, 05:30:45 PM »
EPISODE 5:
*Gendry arrives at Storms End*
"Hello everyone, I'm the new lord of Storms End"

"... are you now son?"

"UNCLE STANNIS!? You are alive!"

"You can be lord of this castle once I take the Iron Throne which is mine by right!"

*Stannis heads to the Vale*

"Who do you want to be king boy, a Stark, a dragon lady, a Lannister? They killed your only family."

"Take me knights Mr. Stannisss"

"Take my grammar lessons boy"

*Stannis and his army and knights of the Vale head for Kings Landing*

"Jon Stark?, what is the meaning of this!"

"I made an oath to my queen. We will charge this castle head on and kill everyone inside because one of her advisors got killed and she flew too close to a massive crossbow fleet with her dragons"

"Are you stupid boy? Where are the archers, the catapults the enemy is right in front of us standing in front of their castle?!"

"I'm glad you are back Lord Stannis. We all thought you were dead. We could really use a capable commander to lead us in this battle"

"Come on Lord Davos, let's finish this"

*Stannis and his forces attack Kings Landing and are instantly defeated by the Golden Company*

*Stannis escapes the battle*

"NEXT TIME IRON THRONE, NEXT TIME!!...."

GRRM's writing has really fallen on hard times

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #508 on: May 07, 2019, 05:50:56 PM »
"Jaime..."

"Cersei"

"I gues...."

"We really are the last of us"

FIN

*Cersei removes her face?!*

Jon Snow: "Cersei was already dead. It was just Arya fucking with you the whole time because Sansa and Arya wanted to show me that you were evil Dany"

Dany: "Look closer Jon"

Jon: "Wait, that is a man"

*Dany removes face*

Arya: "That is Jaqen, I am Arya. Dany is already dead."
🤴

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #509 on: May 07, 2019, 06:20:59 PM »
no, because that's not really what she's saying
None of it would have happened if you'd left King's Landing with me. No Littlefinger, no Ramsay none of it.

Without Littlefinger, and Ramsay and the rest, I would have stayed a Little Bird all my life.
if I wasn’t abused -> I wouldntve matured. what else could she be really saying? Also, not objecting to having characters say wrong things, that would be really stupid. Not being able to point out when characters say wrong things would also be really stupid.

Himu

« Reply #510 on: May 07, 2019, 06:28:31 PM »
She basically was saying that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Probably (definitely) not a one size fits all approach and certainly doesn't nor imply that's the best (or even only) method for everyone but in her case, I find it pretty factual. Also, many irl rape victims have that very same line of thinking. This also goes beyond rape victims and societal victims as well. Black people were second class citizens and yet rose up, strong and resilient af. Does it condone the behavior of their abusers? Fuck no. The message is that she rose above those abuses, and rampant manipulation to become the person she is now: strong, resilient, and steadfast. She's a woman in the equivalent of medieval times facing hard ass shit. What the fuck is she supposed to do? Wallow in being an abuse victim? That wouldn't be a compelling story. Who cares.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 06:35:41 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #511 on: May 07, 2019, 06:39:53 PM »
She's saying if she had been sheltered from hardships she would have remained sheltered and not evolve and grow, not rape specifically. Seems like you are trying to frame it in a specific way to stir controversy.

Tasty

« Reply #512 on: May 07, 2019, 06:42:02 PM »
Read some shitty clickbait that Tyrion might be a secret Targ? :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #513 on: May 07, 2019, 06:42:52 PM »
She's saying if she had been sheltered from hardships she would have remained sheltered and not evolve and grow, not rape specifically. Seems like you are trying to frame it in a specific way to stir controversy.
That's what I got from it too. She meant her entire ordeal from trusting the wrong people to nearly being killed by the army of the dead.
Not just being raped by Ramsey Bolton.

Had she been sheltered from hardships she whouldn't have been the strong leader she now is.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #514 on: May 07, 2019, 06:45:06 PM »
They've been sort of hinting at it with his interactions with the dragons.
In the preview of the next episode you see Tyrion walking past a dragon sculpture also.

There's also the theory of a 4th Dragon.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #515 on: May 07, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »
I just don't see how that's any more controversial than saying saying something Ivanka Trump growing up in riches may have hindered her from having the life experience nenecessary to be a wise and compassionate leader. Doesn't mean people think she would've benefitted from being raped (at least not sane people).. Now I know Sansa was raped, but she was referring to the totality of her life experiences. She is basically saying she learned her life lessons the hard way.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #516 on: May 07, 2019, 06:54:18 PM »
This show is already dumb. A drunk dwarf riding a dragon would make sense at this point.

They blew millions on these dragons, better make the most of them. Maybe Drogon can lay some eggs for the dragon queen to hatch.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #517 on: May 07, 2019, 06:55:09 PM »
I doubt dragons reproduce asexually breh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #518 on: May 07, 2019, 06:57:49 PM »
I doubt dragons reproduce asexually breh
Dany's already dating her nephew. Why not her dragon son?
🤴

Himu

« Reply #519 on: May 07, 2019, 07:00:51 PM »
This show is already dumb. A drunk dwarf riding a dragon would make sense at this point.

They blew millions on these dragons, better make the most of them. Maybe Drogon can lay some eggs for the dragon queen to hatch.

At one point in time book readers assumed there would be three Dragon riders: Dany, Tyrion, and Bran warging the third dragon. Some thought Jon would also be a dragon rider.

Killing her dragons has also killed the theory but again, books != show.

It’s important to note that the raven tells Bran he will never walk again but he will fly. In many cases I took this as literal in that he would warg a dragon and help Dany fight the war of the undead despite being crippled. But nope. I also wasn’t alone in thinking this.
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #520 on: May 07, 2019, 07:07:38 PM »
no, because that's not really what she's saying
None of it would have happened if you'd left King's Landing with me. No Littlefinger, no Ramsay none of it.

Without Littlefinger, and Ramsay and the rest, I would have stayed a Little Bird all my life.
if I wasn’t abused -> I wouldntve matured. what else could she be really saying? Also, not objecting to having characters say wrong things, that would be really stupid. Not being able to point out when characters say wrong things would also be really stupid.
que

Tasty

« Reply #521 on: May 07, 2019, 07:08:09 PM »

At one point in time book readers assumed there would be three Dragon riders: Dany, Tyrion, and Bran warging the third dragon. Some thought Jon would also be a dragon rider.

It’s important to note that the raven tells Bran he will never walk again but he will fly. In many cases I took this as literal in that he would warg a dragon and help Dany fight the war of the undead despite being crippled. But nope. I also wasn’t alone in thinking this.

It was literal... he wargs into ravens all the time :confused

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #522 on: May 07, 2019, 07:22:34 PM »
GRRM: "... Bran was strapped to a catapult and flung away from Winterfell. "Fly little bird! fly!" Ramsay Bolton said with glee as Bran's skull cracked open when he hit a rock."

*watches GOT TV show*

GRRM: "Fuck"
🤴

Himu

« Reply #523 on: May 07, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »

It was literal... he wargs into ravens all the time :confused

....Besides Ravens. Bran warging in to ravens but not a single dragon makes no sense. Bran is unique. Most people, and most Starks, can only warg in specific number of animals. With the Starks they can warg only into their direwolves. Bran can warg into everything. Time to warg into some ravens I guess.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #524 on: May 08, 2019, 12:16:15 AM »
There are apparently some leaks about eps 5 and 6 floating around Reddit.

If they are true, then George has some serious re-writing to do.
Spud

bluemax

« Reply #525 on: May 08, 2019, 02:06:56 AM »

That's like, a 20 year old theory.

There are apparently some leaks about eps 5 and 6 floating around Reddit.

If they are true, then George has some serious re-writing to do.

I read them, the leaks have definitely been pointing to slight variations of this since last year. Only a few changes but it is still consistent.

And dumb, which seems par for the course for GURM and the show.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:13:10 AM by bluemax »
NO

bluemax

« Reply #526 on: May 08, 2019, 02:54:58 AM »
Talking to my brother about how Game of Thrones is just a rip off of Tad Williams' Sorrow, Memory, Thorn series and:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Weirwood_net/comments/7sp6x5/george_rr_martin_stole_this_story_from_memory/dt8mefy?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

This thread is gold. This person guessed how a bunch of plot points would resolve based on how they were resolved in the book series GURM ripped off... and they were largely right.
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #527 on: May 08, 2019, 03:01:54 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #528 on: May 08, 2019, 06:36:49 AM »
yass finally the elephant we deserve
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #530 on: May 08, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »
Euron: "my arm will stop dragon fire"
Narrator: "It didn't"

Who is going to die in the next episode? My predictions:
- Euron
- Grey Worm
- Varys (Dany probably has someone else kill him as a sign of loyalty)
- The Clegane bro's
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #531 on: May 08, 2019, 03:05:39 PM »
Varys' death by burning has been foreshadowed like twice and he openly admitted to talking treasonously last episode...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #532 on: May 08, 2019, 03:14:01 PM »
Dany has dementia

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #533 on: May 08, 2019, 04:09:34 PM »
HIS FUCKING NAME IS SEAWORTH

:lol

Himu

« Reply #534 on: May 08, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »
More importantly, Davos is the onion knight. The man who refused to let a city starve by famine/starvation so he smuggled onions and fish in to keep the average, ordinary people alive.

Davos, a man of low birth, from flea bottom, cares about how the small, average people are affected by war. It’s in his title. Onion Knight.

Let’s talk about a plan to starve out an entire city - Davos’ Home town of King’s landing - in his face and he will just go perfectly along with it without raising objection.

But this is the D&D show. It’s not Game of Thrones. It’s not A Song Of Ice and Fire. It’s the show where a man who is rightful king, is resurrected from the dead, built his entire arc around defending the nation against the white walkers doesn’t kill the night king.

Like I said, where drama is made for dramas sake, characters be damned.

You guys will learn over the next two episodes hopefully to just no longer give a damn. Who cares. They certainly don’t care so why should you? Just go a long for the ride and have the lowest expectations possible as you watch one of your favorite narratives ever grace itself as a A tier show with C tier storytelling.

Caring is foolish. This will be the first and last care post I make in this thread.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #535 on: May 08, 2019, 04:42:31 PM »
This show used to be so different

More importantly, Davos is the onion knight. The man who refused to let a city starve by famine/starvation so he smuggled onions and fish in to keep the average, ordinary people alive.

Davos, a man of low birth, from flea bottom, cares about how the small, average people are affected by war. It’s in his title. Onion Knight.

Let’s talk about a plan to starve out an entire city - Davos’ Home town of King’s landing - in his face and he will just go perfectly along with it without raising objection.

Holy shit, you're right. They sort of numb you with the flashy dragons but it is all smoke and mirrors now.
🤴

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #536 on: May 08, 2019, 05:00:19 PM »
Daenerys being humbled I'm sure is going to feel just as good as Cersei getting dropped from the upper atmosphere. Her smug ass smile good God.
:9

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #537 on: May 08, 2019, 05:11:05 PM »
Davos will kill Dany because he's afraid she'll kill innocents in Kings Landing.

Jon will cry out in terror and turns into the MAD KING and screams DRACARYS at Drogon. After all, he is a Targaryen.

Tyrion quips to Varys: "Oh well, Guess I was wrong... again"

SUBVERTED EXPECTATIONS  8) 8) 8)
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #538 on: May 08, 2019, 05:18:01 PM »
Ya'll are obsessed;  the episode kinda sucked.. move on with yo' lives until the next episode lol

This message is for the entire fucking internet not just The Bore.. Jesus never seen so much whining.

Well at least someone agrees with me
What

agrajag

« Reply #539 on: May 08, 2019, 05:37:38 PM »
forget dragons, insta-reloading-giant-crossbow-mounted elephants is where it's at