Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1798410 times)

etiolate

i like how the girl in the blue top just stares at him

archie4208

Yeah, it's pretty much a wasteland. There's maybe two or three threads on the non-gaming side that I read from time to time. I don't even go to the gaming side.

I just read Archie's thread about Alpha Protocl. As if I didnt need any more proof he's got shit taste

It's better than Mass Effect.   :patel  (Which isn't saying much, but still)

Oblivion

Human Giant is great. I never even knew it was a show.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
WYL was doomed to failure because there is no reason for its existence.  There's no interesting WYL exclusive personalities that entice people to stay unlike EB and OA.  Not to mention that the core of the WYL posters were the people that turned GAF into the shitpile it is today, so there isn't the quality angle it could bank on.  It's just a pack of poorly endowed GAF members that wanted to wield the admin and mod cock for once.

In six months, it will probably go away quietly.
🍆🍆

archie4208

WYL was doomed to failure because there is no reason for its existence.  There's no interesting WYL exclusive personalities that entice people to stay unlike EB and OA.  Not to mention that the core of the WYL posters were the people that turned GAF into the shitpile it is today, so there isn't the quality angle it could bank on.  It's just a pack of poorly endowed GAF members that wanted to wield the admin and mod cock for once.

In six months, it will probably go away quietly.

WYL is doomed because the moderation won't keep their fingers out of the pie and let people do their thing.  The Rock Band thread is still good, though.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
lol you're all so bitter  :lol  It'll hit GAF numbers soon enough.  It just needs time. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Community rules.
[close]

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
I try to keep up some kind of conversation over there but for awhile now the only thing that almost interests me is the girl thread. And even that! I'll post about my inner raging lesbianism and nothing, WTF!

Girl thread is a great idea but it will probably be 99% superficial conversation, just like talking to girls in real life! :teehee Before, when they had one on GAF it pissed me off, but now I don't care, I'll join in as long as the girls are cool.
(|)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
WYL is dead? Haven't been back since Shake got banned lmao

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

T EXP's uncanny powers of assessment.  :bow2

Especially the "Not to mention that the core of the WYL posters were the people that turned GAF into the shitpile it is today" part.  That's really become apparent in the forum's two months of existence.

Also had to laugh at costanza's "ITT I document my 2500 mile drive to California" thread in which he......doesn't have anything to say about his trip to California.   :rofl
MMA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Yeah, it's pretty much a wasteland. There's maybe two or three threads on the non-gaming side that I read from time to time. I don't even go to the gaming side.

I just read Archie's thread about Alpha Protocl. As if I didnt need any more proof he's got shit taste

It's better than Mass Effect.   :patel  (Which isn't saying much, but still)

Nah, not even close. It does handle abilities much better, but that's all I'll give it.
dog

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Just visited WYL after not visiting it for a while. It really slowed down :teehee

interesting how Wrath is here talking about how boring WYL is, and then he goes and does a podcast for them.  ::)

but yeah.  pretty slow over there.

Me and Jibril wanted to make a podcast. At first it had nothing to do with WYL, then all of the sudden it became a wyl show, since I'm pretty free all the time I still went through with it. But yeah WYL is a wasteland, hardly anything interesting ever goes on over there.

wait wyl has a podcast now?  :lol

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
Anyone has a link to the podcast? I want to hear Wrath sexy arab accent.
Drunk

Himu

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22622720&postcount=178

this post is funny because there was a pic on /b/ awhile back of this chick giving a guy a bj

You don't make posts like this without a source.
IYKYK

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22622720&postcount=178

this post is funny because there was a pic on /b/ awhile back of this chick giving a guy a bj

You don't make posts like this without a source.

and thus Himu's siamese fetish hath come to fruition
UNF

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

wait wyl has a podcast now?  :lol

and i'm supposed to be a guest on the next one

me :bow2
nat

Akala

• Easy Victor
I just hit post number four over there. I can't stay away from gambling/Vegas threads. it's like the bat signal.

I guess they took the custom tags away? lol

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

DJ_Tet

Not to mention that the core of the WYL posters were the people that turned GAF into the shitpile it is today, so there isn't the quality angle it could bank on. 

Nailed.  The few times I've been there it's instantly apparent why I had half that forum's main clique on ignore at GAF.  They are not missed.
TIT

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
genocide in the digital realm :fbm
うぐう

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

T EXP's uncanny powers of assessment.  :bow2

Especially the "Not to mention that the core of the WYL posters were the people that turned GAF into the shitpile it is today" part.  That's really become apparent in the forum's two months of existence.

Also had to laugh at costanza's "ITT I document my 2500 mile drive to California" thread in which he......doesn't have anything to say about his trip to California.   :rofl

That is because people like costanza have no personalities whatsoever.  Unless you count pimping TV shows as personality.

That is especially why it was so cute how they thought that they could set the tone of WYL to have any type of serious discussion on a board with a group of people that knows nothing more than to add :lol to a thread and pimp the latest TV show/movie/band/Youtube video.  It also explains why the mods there keep everyone there on a short leash - because in spite of their intentions, they have no idea how to create an environment for serious or quality discussion.  Not to mention the ego validation of wielding mod and admin rights and the hopes that their asocial asses would get kissed like the mods at GAF.

The downside is when WYL fails (my guess is within six months from now), WYL exclusive members who got banned at GAF will try to slither into here.
🍆🍆

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402795

uh...wow

I can't decide if that or the "reviews you can't forgive" thread is lamer
itm

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
If they contribute here, why not? If they can take the lashings I don't see why they shouldn't stay. All the GAF rejects have proven that they cant take the heat so they simply left.
fat

Solo

Do I hold the dubious distinction of being the only person not being banned currently at any of EB, WYL, or GAF?  :lol

As for WYL, it doesn't have the volume that GAF has, nor does it have the crusty old farts that EB has, so it doesnt have an identity of its own. Although it will eclipse EB's membership it appears, so yay, moral victories for constanza  :elephant

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
Do I hold the dubious distinction of being the only person not being banned currently at any of EB, WYL, or GAF?  :lol
I am not banned at any of the 3. :patel Although I don't post at WYL or GAF, I do have accounts at them. Well, WYL I kind of do. Ichi posted as Cheebs under my name there but stopped it seems.

Edit: Wow when you stick that dog in the middle of words it really makes it seem big
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:14:52 PM by Cheebs »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Nope.
dog

Solo

I thought you were banned at GAF, Cheebs.

Cheebs

Nope, just stopped posting. New members ruined the movie threads. They used to be interesting but all they care about are dumb big studio films like Expendables and the like and it is just annoying. And when there are good studio films (like Inception) they take it way over board. Constanza at gaf proclaiming proudly he won't watch any movies made before the 80's because everything before the 80's are unwatchable much sealed GAF's fate for me.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:22:24 PM by Cheebs »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I'm not banned at either of the three either.
🍆🍆

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I'm good on all 3 too. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells on GAF sometimes though it doesn't effect my posting style. When my time comes, it comes.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:23:11 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

Solo

Ah, the Daniel Plainview syndrome, Cheebs.

Damn, more un-banned then I thought. Same for me, BT. The moderation is so fucked at GAF anyways. I should have been legitimately banned lots of times and wasn't, and then I get banned for saying something about wrestling, again for talking about Bioshock, and once for spoiling Oldboy  :lol

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I stopped posting on GAF when the search function was disabled.  I just don't have the time to keep up on the highlights of the board or the goings on of some of the members I liked over there.
🍆🍆

Cheebs

GAF used to have a lot of people with knowledge of good movies, you are like the only one left.

Solo

Eh, I mostly just get called a troll in movie threads  :lol
To be fair, I do a lot of it on purpose

EDIT: also, I forgot to mention when I started posting here again last month: kudos to whoever made the one letter alteration to my tag  :lol
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 09:28:00 PM by Solo »

Himu

As for WYL, it doesn't have the volume that GAF has, nor does it have the crusty old farts that EB has, so it doesnt have an identity of its own. Although it will eclipse EB's membership it appears, so yay, moral victories for constanza  :elephant

You kidding? No.
IYKYK

Himu

Nope, just stopped posting. New members ruined the movie threads. They used to be interesting but all they care about are dumb big studio films like Expendables and the like and it is just annoying. And when there are good studio films (like Inception) they take it way over board. Constanza at gaf proclaiming proudly he won't watch any movies made before the 80's because everything before the 80's are unwatchable much sealed GAF's fate for me.

This is why I don't read movie threads anymore.

Did you see that guy Daniel Plainview? He made a thread about him watching old movies or some shit, and he couldn't get through most of them. I think he took a dump on Casablanca. :lol There's trolling, and then there's...that. Funny thing is that Daniel Plainview wants to work in Hollywood.
IYKYK

Solo

I dont think Ive made a single move related topic since DP started creating 10 a day  :lol
He must be cozy with a mod, because he gets away with a ludicrous amount of pimping for his crappy site

Himu

I want daniel plainview's interpretation of this

[youtube=560,345]A4q1zMfISQ0[/youtube]

"Hmmm, it's slow......."

"Hmmm so she has a twin? Neato. I'd like to have a threesome with them.

IYKYK

Himu

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399699
IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick

Did you see that guy Daniel Plainview? He made a thread about him watching old movies or some shit, and he couldn't get through most of them. I think he took a dump on Casablanca. :lol There's trolling, and then there's...that. Funny thing is that Daniel Plainview wants to work in Hollywood.

:rofl doesn't he runs a movie reviews site?
Drunk

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Sounds like a total chode.
©@©™

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
funnily enough, it was fucking whitta who dumped on casablanca, not plainview
püp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I'm not a big fan of Casablanca either. I don't think it sucks, and I appreciate it for posterity's sake, but I wouldn't own it or rewatch it or anything.
PSP

lennedsay

• Senior MILF
Funny enough, we rewatched 500 Days of Summer last night, and laughed about how hilarious corny most of it is. It's the Wes Anderson rip off of a chick flick.

Costanza: "500 Days > Casablanca"  :lol :lol :lol
(|)

Himu

What were the movies Plainview found so UNBEARABLE he couldn't watch anymore then?
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Funny enough, we rewatched 500 Days of Summer last night, and laughed about how hilarious corny most of it is. It's the Wes Anderson rip off of a chick flick.

:rofl

Willco: Is it a B-?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:55:31 PM by CajoleJuice »
AMC

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber

I love both movies for completely different reasons!
püp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

:rofl

Willco: Is it a B-?

Transformers > Casablanca > Avatar > Inception
PSP

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Casablanca is my favorite movie...Bogart and Rains' chemistry is fantastic.
püp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Casablanca isn't even my second-favorite Bogart flick.
PSP

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
BrandNew wishes to live in Casablanca  :'(
:9

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Typical hipster trash
PSP

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

Moroccan chicks are pretty hot
AMC

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier

Moroccan chicks are pretty hot

Not really. :yuck
PSP

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Willco agrees with you on that. lolz
AMC

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
not at all; he's a slimming jewish version of you
püp

lordoftherink

GAF used to have a lot of people with knowledge of good movies, you are like the only one left.

There's the main posters in the movies you've seen recently thread: Timber, Snowman Prophet of Doom, AlternativeUlster, Dr. Strangelove. I'm not extremely knowledgable about movies, but to me they seem to be good posters.

Every time I see Daniel Plainview's "what are you watching this month" threads it makes me disappointed WYL didn't take him too. And while he isn't the one that dumped on Casablanca, he watches percentages of movies at a time: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21519720&postcount=8683
I can't even comprehend how pathetic one's attention span must be to stop watching a movie one fifth of the way through to post about it on a message board.

Himu

What Metropolis is this? The Tezuka animated version or the 1926 version? :lol
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

There's the main posters in the movies you've seen recently thread: Timber, Snowman Prophet of Doom, AlternativeUlster, Dr. Strangelove. I'm not extremely knowledgable about movies, but to me they seem to be good posters.
Yep, totally agree with this, even if Strangelove is a Red Sox fan.

Every time I see Daniel Plainview's "what are you watching this month" threads it makes me disappointed WYL didn't take him too. And while he isn't the one that dumped on Casablanca, he watches percentages of movies at a time: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21519720&postcount=8683
I can't even comprehend how pathetic one's attention span must be to stop watching a movie one fifth of the way through to post about it on a message board.

Yeah, that's really bad. And shit, it'd be even understandable if you were watching something and you were tired and you decided to fall asleep or something, but he's in the middle of TWO movies. What the fuck?
AMC

Himu

:lol

Metropolis is a silent film. He probably can't handle it.
IYKYK