Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3854091 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #14700 on: May 08, 2019, 11:15:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/Bunnyspatial/status/1126099878172594176

moving on to the "she's actually 1000 years old" excuse

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14701 on: May 08, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »
1000 year old dragon from fire emblem heroes

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

:donot

spoiler (click to show/hide)
also one of the strongest units in the game so you probably have to use her :stahp
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #14702 on: May 08, 2019, 11:38:46 AM »
You don't have to use her. There's other units.

The head patting or whatever Fire Emblem introduced, meanwhile...  :doge :jared

marrec

« Reply #14703 on: May 08, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »
I dunno;  that fan probably knew what they were doing.

But that's just a probably;  most people have no clue about the stupid white power OK sign co-opting.

Would be hilarious if he got barred from the stadium or something lol

Knew what they were doing I.E. the circle game, only weirdos online know about the baby-nazis co-opting the sign

Totally possible;  just trying to think who the fuck does the "circle game" to a camera at a baseball game?

And it wasn't on his crotch.. which I thought was the point of the circle game.

The venn diagram of white dudes who still do the circle game and white dudes who go to baseball games is probably almost a perfect circle.

marrec

« Reply #14704 on: May 08, 2019, 11:44:17 AM »
Mer de Noms is a classic I don't blame them

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #14705 on: May 08, 2019, 11:48:38 AM »
this is the only recent event at a MLB game anyone should talk about

marrec

« Reply #14707 on: May 08, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »
Dropping ballpark food 2 separate times is an insidious symbol of white supremacy based on this obscure 4chan post from 2012, thread (1/32)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14708 on: May 08, 2019, 11:57:21 AM »
That lady got spit roasted by 'za.

BisMarckie

« Reply #14709 on: May 08, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »
this is the only recent event at a MLB game anyone should talk about

Can you do multiple 15 minute long videos in other sports of people getting hit in the groin? I don‘t think so. :smug

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14710 on: May 08, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-daily-dot-usa-today-flamed-for-%E2%80%98average%E2%80%99-american-budget-story.115830/post-20580998

this topics already getting spicy with the "OKAY I'LL JUST LIVE IN A HOLE THEN" type passive-aggressive replies

Quote from: Brazil
It's true though? "average americans" are saddled with untold amounts of debt, yet still blow countless dollars on shit they can't afford in an effort to keep up with the joneses.

Obviously some of the list is bullshit, but the underlying messaging is true. When I wanted to stop accruing debt, I cancelled cable, stopped eating out, and cancelled other non-essentials that were ballooning my monthly budget. Now, I have money left over every month and almost zero non-mortgage debt.
How dare people try to live the only life they have.

This is the same forum bringing up fucking guillotines at every opportunity, right?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #14711 on: May 08, 2019, 12:04:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-daily-dot-usa-today-flamed-for-%E2%80%98average%E2%80%99-american-budget-story.115830/post-20580998

this topics already getting spicy with the "OKAY I'LL JUST LIVE IN A HOLE THEN" type passive-aggressive replies

It's true though? "average americans" are saddled with untold amounts of debt, yet still blow countless dollars on shit they can't afford in an effort to keep up with the joneses.

Obviously some of the list is bullshit, but the underlying messaging is true. When I wanted to stop accruing debt, I cancelled cable, stopped eating out, and cancelled other non-essentials that were ballooning my monthly budget. Now, I have money left over every month and almost zero non-mortgage debt.

This is the same forum bringing up fucking guillotines at every opportunity, right?

91 dollars on cables...what?

:crowdlaff

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #14712 on: May 08, 2019, 12:07:53 PM »
I think dude is legit thinking people are buying $91 worth of USB cables every month.

marrec

« Reply #14713 on: May 08, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »
I think dude is legit thinking people are buying $91 worth of USB cables every month.

Only Apple users spend that much on cables

:birb

BisMarckie

« Reply #14714 on: May 08, 2019, 12:10:18 PM »
I‘m have used my neighbors internet connection for years when I was in college for free which saved me hundreds.

WEP :girlaff

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #14715 on: May 08, 2019, 12:12:31 PM »
Era where anyone doing an ok sign is absolutely a white supremacist but people using well known anti semitic language aren't

Boredfrom

« Reply #14716 on: May 08, 2019, 12:15:21 PM »
I'm trying to game theory out what benefit there is to refusing the premise "No, it's just the OK symbol, don't over react, it makes you look hysterical to people not already embedded in your stupid ongoing twitter culture war and you alienate them by screaming WHITE POWER at them", and... I'm just not seeing where it is in anyones best interests to take what was an obvious troll at face value, even accepting the premise white supremacists did accept the symbol.

Its not like obvious white supremacists are solely identifiable by the use of an ambiguous symbol; at best you 'prove' your confirmation bias, because the people you're mentally categorising as definitely doing this and the people you're mentally excusing as not doing that are people you already have opinions on.

Is still cowardly scummy to do that sign full aware of this, specially dragging other people on it.

BisMarckie

« Reply #14717 on: May 08, 2019, 12:15:52 PM »
Without looking at this thread I know already that the winz candles tweet has been posted at least once. :trash

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14718 on: May 08, 2019, 12:17:04 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #14719 on: May 08, 2019, 12:18:08 PM »

But that's just a probably;  most people have no clue about the stupid white power OK sign co-opting.

Pretty sure the intention was that, just get an emotion for the people “in the known”. Feels pretty obvious in this case.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #14720 on: May 08, 2019, 12:21:57 PM »

ah, the american dream!

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #14721 on: May 08, 2019, 12:54:58 PM »
I cancelled cable, stopped eating out, and cancelled other non-essentials that were ballooning my monthly budget.
The poor people I know, already don't do any of that, and still barely get to the end of the month.
Reminds me of that Coke ad from some years ago, with the little girl saying she wasn't worried about the economical crisis, because her family would just stop going out for sushi and wine every week, and get pizza and coca-cola instead.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14722 on: May 08, 2019, 12:55:51 PM »
My cable bill is like $300 lol
goddamn the most i ever hit was like $95 until i dropped the tv part and just went with internet

benjipwns

« Reply #14723 on: May 08, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »
No one should ever have to bear responsibility for their decisions in life and the consequences that stem from them. We shouldn't demand things of people just trying to live their life.

WHAT IN THE HOLY FUCK, FIND OUT WHO THIS FUCKER IS AND BAN HIM FROM EVERYTHING AND LITERALLY LIFE ITSELF, SHUT DOWN YOUTUBE, BAN THQNORDIC, GUILLOTINE PEWDIEPIE AND NOTCH

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14724 on: May 08, 2019, 01:06:52 PM »
i mainly used tv for football and wwe and probably still would if comcast wasn't completely incompetent

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14725 on: May 08, 2019, 01:13:17 PM »
The venn diagram of white dudes who still do the circle game and white dudes who go to baseball games is probably almost a perfect circle.

Modern sport in general is some "good ole boys"/redneck alt-right shit

Cheering for a team and trash talking others promotes attitudes of tribalism and makes it feel more acceptable in other venues

If the Cubs know what they're doing they won't alienate their only remaining audience in current year
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14726 on: May 08, 2019, 01:19:40 PM »

Knew what they were doing I.E. the circle game, only weirdos online know about the baby-nazis co-opting the sign

Totally possible;  just trying to think who the fuck does the "circle game" to a camera at a baseball game?

:shaking

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14727 on: May 08, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »
No one should ever have to bear responsibility for their decisions in life and the consequences that stem from them. We shouldn't demand things of people just trying to live their life.

(Image removed from quote.)

WHAT IN THE HOLY FUCK, FIND OUT WHO THIS FUCKER IS AND BAN HIM FROM EVERYTHING AND LITERALLY LIFE ITSELF, SHUT DOWN YOUTUBE, BAN THQNORDIC, GUILLOTINE PEWDIEPIE AND NOTCH

The guillotine wouldn’t even get through notch’s fat fucking neck and you know it! :bolo

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #14728 on: May 08, 2019, 01:21:30 PM »
It's the fucking circle game, "made ya look" goofery. Reading more than that into it makes you seem a tad loony. Fuck this timeline, Thanos snap me.

marrec

« Reply #14729 on: May 08, 2019, 01:25:14 PM »

Are you a white dude who still plays the circle game and regularly goes to baseball games?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14730 on: May 08, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »
It's funny that the circle game has found new popularity on the internet. Like it was some 4chan masterplan

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #14731 on: May 08, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »
I cancelled cable, stopped eating out, and cancelled other non-essentials that were ballooning my monthly budget.
The poor people I know, already don't do any of that, and still barely get to the end of the month.
Reminds me of that Coke ad from some years ago, with the little girl saying she wasn't worried about the economical crisis, because her family would just stop going out for sushi and wine every week, and get pizza and coca-cola instead.

There's a difference between people that are actually poor and your average REE user (ie, someone that has no life skills) who complains on their $800 iPhone surrounded by a shelf full of $100 collector editions of video games that they can't get enough groceries for $50 at Whole Foods and so the government should just give everyone the same amount of money regardless of their actual skills or contributions.

nudemacusers

« Reply #14732 on: May 08, 2019, 01:35:42 PM »

Only Apple users spend that much on cables

:birb
I have 6 iPads, 2 iPhones and a MacBook. My cable expense line is probably in the 4 figures by now  :-\
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14733 on: May 08, 2019, 01:35:58 PM »
It's the fucking circle game, "made ya look" goofery. Reading more than that into it makes you seem a tad loony. Fuck this timeline, Thanos snap me.

ItS jUsT tHe CiRcLe GaMe

So ThE oKaY gEsTuRe Is OfFeNsIvE nOw?

So If I dO tHe OkAy SyMbOl Im A rAcIsT nOw?
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #14734 on: May 08, 2019, 01:41:05 PM »
The guillotine wouldn’t even get through notch’s fat fucking neck and you know it! :bolo
Yikes. It would be just terrible if he left a... notch... in the blade. :teehee

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14735 on: May 08, 2019, 01:41:18 PM »
👌

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14736 on: May 08, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
Do you guys think the persistent old wives' tale/folk knowledge that women don't fart or fart way less than men could be attributed to the fact that they don't have a prostate that swells up and displaces air every time they have a horny thought
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14737 on: May 08, 2019, 01:43:14 PM »
There's a difference between people that are actually poor and your average REE user (ie, someone that has no life skills) who complains on their $800 iPhone surrounded by a shelf full of $100 collector editions of video games that they can't get enough groceries for $50 at Whole Foods and so the government should just give everyone the same amount of money regardless of their actual skills or contributions.

they don't want government handouts, they want to overthrow the government while blissfully aware that for all their twitter claimed "ally" status they'd likely be first against the wall

marrec

« Reply #14738 on: May 08, 2019, 01:44:30 PM »
Do you guys think the persistent old wives' tale/folk knowledge that women don't fart or fart way less than men could be attributed to the fact that they don't have a prostate that swells up and displaces air every time they have a horny thought

I think the whole "women don't have a prostate" thing is just a lie made up by the medical community tbh

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14739 on: May 08, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »
I think it's 2019, and women can have prostates, cisscum.
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14740 on: May 08, 2019, 01:48:38 PM »
 :drool

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14741 on: May 08, 2019, 01:49:30 PM »

I think the whole "women don't have a prostate" thing is just a lie made up by the medical community tbh

There's something in there all right but given they are not men it's probably just an amateurstate
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14742 on: May 08, 2019, 01:49:52 PM »

Are you a white dude who still plays the circle game and regularly goes to baseball games?

No, I’m at a baseball game.

benjipwns

« Reply #14743 on: May 08, 2019, 01:53:58 PM »
I can't believe I'm reading things based on what the "medical community" says in 2019.

benjipwns

« Reply #14744 on: May 08, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »

MMK BYE

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14745 on: May 08, 2019, 01:58:25 PM »
Thank you for sending this thread en mass, benji.
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14746 on: May 08, 2019, 01:58:58 PM »

When a woman actually lets you into her pants you can find out for yourself!

marrec

« Reply #14747 on: May 08, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »

Jokes on you I can look up anal exams online I don't need the touch of a woman to know what their prostate looks like

agrajag

« Reply #14748 on: May 08, 2019, 02:17:46 PM »

Jokes on you I can look up anal exams online I don't need the touch of a woman to know what their prostate looks like

is that the ultimate hover hand

BisMarckie

« Reply #14749 on: May 08, 2019, 02:19:02 PM »
I don’t blame him, in the era of #metoo you can‘t be careful enough.

marrec

« Reply #14750 on: May 08, 2019, 02:23:14 PM »

is that the ultimate hover hand

The invisible hand of the free market strikes again

benjipwns

« Reply #14751 on: May 08, 2019, 02:26:30 PM »
libertarianism, the invisible hover hand of the state

BisMarckie

« Reply #14752 on: May 08, 2019, 02:36:40 PM »
How long have you been sitting on that one?

jorma

« Reply #14753 on: May 08, 2019, 02:43:02 PM »

:yikes

Reported for transphobia. I'm so tired i can't even.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #14754 on: May 08, 2019, 02:48:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/watchmen-debuts-this-fall-on-hbo-here%E2%80%99s-the-trailer.115846/

I mean Rorschach is pretty much an alt-right fantasy in a lot of ways. Reading it recently it's hard not to get incel vibes from him occasionally. For him to inspire a white-supremacist cult absolutely makes sense.

I think the watch motif is because its called WATCH-men. I dont know if you all noticed that

Do they think it's Watchmen as in a wrist watch?

I'm very confused.

If you told me that was a trailer for a show about white supremacy, I would believe you.

k

Boredfrom

« Reply #14755 on: May 08, 2019, 02:52:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/watchmen-debuts-this-fall-on-hbo-here%E2%80%99s-the-trailer.115846/

I mean Rorschach is pretty much an alt-right fantasy in a lot of ways. Reading it recently it's hard not to get incel vibes from him occasionally. For him to inspire a white-supremacist cult absolutely makes sense.

I think the watch motif is because its called WATCH-men. I dont know if you all noticed that

I'm very confused.

If you told me that was a trailer for a show about white supremacy, I would believe you.

k

Rorschach is kind of a bigot in the comics, mind you. Also some sort of take that against objectivism.

damon lindelof Is the worst writer to do this kind of material, though. Mixed feelings.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #14756 on: May 08, 2019, 02:53:51 PM »

I'm very confused.

k

To be fair that Rohrschach cult really looks like a Klan rally, but then they also seem to be fighting the police so who knows what kind of analogy it's supposed to be.

Boredfrom

« Reply #14757 on: May 08, 2019, 02:56:08 PM »

I'm very confused.

k

To be fair that Rohrschach cult really looks like a Klan rally, but then they also seem to be fighting the police so who knows what kind of analogy it's supposed to be.

Government supported vigilantes vs Outlaw Vigilantes in the world after Veight kills most of New York. It could be interesting but the writing team... ugh.

I suppose the idea some of the government supported ones learn the truth about the squid rampage but the Roscharch cult is not much better. Even the normal beat cops mask themselves so there is no real accountability anymore and the Cult are probably outright terrorists.

The cult obviously is also misguided as fuck given that Rorschach was not religious when he went outlaw vigilante.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:05:09 PM by Boredfrom »

BisMarckie

« Reply #14758 on: May 08, 2019, 03:02:27 PM »
The original Watchmen

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #14759 on: May 08, 2019, 03:05:44 PM »
Rorschach is unambiguosly a right wing conspiracy nut, and thats literally the type of publication he sends his journal too; he would be a huge Alex Jones fan contemporaneously.
His expy is literally an Ayn Rand objectivist, and thats the take Alan Moore was using as the archetype, not the version Denny O'Neil made.

That he'd become a martyr for 'no such thing as aliens, its all a conspiracy' truthers is a pretty good concept.

e:
The cult obviously is also misguided as fuck given that Rorschach was not religious when he went outlaw vigilante.

arguable, his day job is walking around with a "THE END IS NIGH!" billboard, lol