Author Topic: 2017: Unpopular opinions thread  (Read 111368 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Re: 2017: Unpopular opinions thread
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2017, 09:44:32 PM »
"uh...have you seen her tits?"
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2017, 09:46:26 PM »
yes

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2017, 09:49:54 PM »
que

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2017, 10:02:59 PM »
no

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #484 on: February 24, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »
If corporations are people there should be a corporate death penalty.

Cancellation of incorporation by the Secretary of State?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #485 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:03 PM »
If corporations are people there should be a corporate death penalty.

Cancellation of incorporation by the Secretary of State?

I was thinking of something a little more severe, to promote responsibility.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #486 on: February 25, 2017, 08:53:55 AM »
omg jack shut up you one note hillllary stan

dur

nudemacusers

« Reply #487 on: February 27, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »
Dunno if this is unpopular but gantz is straight trash
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #488 on: February 27, 2017, 12:18:58 PM »
It doesn't really pretend to be anything else. It's mean spirited perverted gore.

nudemacusers

« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2017, 12:25:17 PM »
Well I've tried the anime and now the 3D movie and if it were good at those things I'd be all for it. But it isn't. It's the korn of anime. The bayformers of action movies.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2017, 01:20:52 PM »
mods, please change my name to "the KoRn of anime" tia

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2017, 01:28:15 PM »
I wonder if they will ever animate the naked lower half only lady alien that does split kicks to show off her vagina. I feel like this is actually the least weird thing I saw in Gantz.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2017, 01:32:48 PM »
I'm beginning to believe that Evangelion is a dog whistle for people with mental illness. Someone who is mentally healthy will watch it and hate it, but people who have mental illness will watch and be like "Poor Shinji. I really understand him."
que

Rahxephon91

« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2017, 02:13:05 PM »
I'm beginning to believe that Evangelion is a dog whistle for people with mental illness. Someone who is mentally healthy will watch it and hate it, but people who have mental illness will watch and be like "Poor Shinji. I really understand him."
Well this is an exaggeration. Plenty of people like it without problems, but I'm sure there is plenty of truth to this.

It is for me. I can relate to Shinji in both his relationship with his father and his problems connecting with people. I watched it at a perfect age when those two things were starting to effect me and it was possibly the most relatable thing.

Then you add in the stupid lore, well written supporting cast, great art direction/design, and well directed action scenes and you have a good show.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2017, 02:20:52 PM »

I'm so fucked up. :fbm
©@©™

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2017, 06:17:53 PM »
Dunno if this is unpopular but gantz is straight trash

The manga is also mean spirited trash, but it worked for me. The anime did not do anything for me.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »
Here's my hot take:

I think the internet's nerd-rage towards La La Land is unfounded and at times petty and embarrassing.
püp

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2017, 11:30:02 PM »
I'll listen to 95-98 No Limit all day over most of the glorified elevator music that was "real hiphop" from the early to mid 00s

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2017, 11:34:38 PM »
Evangelion is art and people who don't like it are boring normies

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #499 on: February 27, 2017, 11:35:14 PM »
Unpopular opinion: It is important and worthwhile to continually point out the following -->vvvv

MIDI does not determine a sound, it is nothing but a protocol for digital communication between instruments, thus most casual references to "MIDI" on message boards such as this are incorrect
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:48:39 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #500 on: February 27, 2017, 11:42:56 PM »
Eva is great and I refuse to believe that these supposed "people who are mentally healthy" exist. I assume everyone who pretends to be "normal" really just has a deeper mental illness they're concealing
QED

Kara

« Reply #501 on: February 27, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »
The only character I understand and identify with in Eva is Pen Pen.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #502 on: February 27, 2017, 11:59:37 PM »
Unpopular opinion: It is important and worthwhile to continually point out the following --->>> MIDI does not determine a sound, it is nothing but a protocol for digital communication between instruments, thus most casual references to "MIDI" on message boards such as this are incorrect

Also digital sound is not stair step and people who think analog is better tend to think so because of their misunderstanding of digital audio.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2017, 12:00:42 AM »
Is Evangelion on Netflix or something?  I never watched it and should see it sometime.
🍆🍆

Oblivion

« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2017, 01:48:36 AM »
Unpopular opinion: It is important and worthwhile to continually point out the following --->>> MIDI does not determine a sound, it is nothing but a protocol for digital communication between instruments, thus most casual references to "MIDI" on message boards such as this are incorrect

Fuck off.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #505 on: February 28, 2017, 11:37:10 AM »
Eva is great and I refuse to believe that these supposed "people who are mentally healthy" exist. I assume everyone who pretends to be "normal" really just has a deeper mental illness they're concealing
That's all very true, but come now, there are definitely varying levels of illness. Someone might have depression while another has depression so bad it cripples their ability to have any meaningful relationships.
que

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #506 on: February 28, 2017, 05:05:12 PM »

Fuck off.

Won't, my opinions are good and I will continue fighting to ensure that all people enjoy the right to regular involuntary exposure to my good opinions
QED

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #507 on: February 28, 2017, 06:16:20 PM »
people who were on the Internet in the 90s and didn't have a collection of midis saved are freaks
pcp

nudemacusers

« Reply #508 on: February 28, 2017, 06:46:28 PM »

real g's rocked with .mod tho  :mynicca
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #509 on: February 28, 2017, 06:46:41 PM »
people who were on the Internet in the 90s and didn't have a collection of midis saved are freaks

I wrote MIDIs come at me.
rub

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #510 on: February 28, 2017, 06:52:23 PM »
Sushi is overrated.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #511 on: February 28, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »
Sushi is overrated.
:iface

Fuck off.

Won't, my opinions are good and I will continue fighting to ensure that all people enjoy the right to regular involuntary exposure to my good opinions

The idea that you think your opinions are good is perfect for this thread.

You are, however, 100% correct about MIDI.

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #512 on: February 28, 2017, 07:49:19 PM »
no u
QED

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #513 on: February 28, 2017, 08:58:37 PM »

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #514 on: February 28, 2017, 09:10:04 PM »
QED

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #516 on: February 28, 2017, 09:34:19 PM »
BORN TO DIE
ANIME IS A FUCK
鬼神Kill Em All 1989
I am trash man
410,757,864,530 DEAD SENPAI
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
que

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #518 on: February 28, 2017, 11:51:53 PM »
Anime doesnt have a consistent form so if people say 'i dont like anime' I just take it like they dont like moe shit or that they have no clue what they are saying, depending on the context of whom is the speaker.

Oblivion

« Reply #519 on: March 01, 2017, 12:00:52 AM »

Fuck off.

Can I get some dick pics at least?

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #520 on: March 01, 2017, 12:02:38 AM »
I'm too impatient for anime. Most of the stuff I've watched was super boring, with the exception of 2-3 shows. There are some (original) anime movies I've enjoyed though. But tbh anime just isn't for everyone.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #521 on: March 01, 2017, 08:54:59 AM »
I'm too impatient for anime. Most of the stuff I've watched was super boring, with the exception of 2-3 shows. There are some (original) anime movies I've enjoyed though. But tbh anime just isn't for everyone.
This is me.  I can watch DBZ still mostly because of nostalgia and I enjoyed Akira and Grave of the Fireflies but I just can't sit through most.  My wife's cousin is constantly recommending anime and so are a few friends.  I usually give it a chance but it just doesn't hold my attention.  I had a friend visit in December and he tried to get me into One Piece  :donot

Basically me saying "anime sucks" is the equivalent of me saying "country music sucks."  I can admit there are some good country music songs that I like but as a whole I just don't like it.

Except Hand Maid May.  That one is also great.   :uguu
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:59:53 AM by Mupepe »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #522 on: March 01, 2017, 10:55:12 AM »

Heh I also remember downloading MP2s of all things.
^_^

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #523 on: March 02, 2017, 01:45:17 AM »
Anime doesnt have a consistent form so if people say 'i dont like anime' I just take it like they dont like moe shit or that they have no clue what they are saying, depending on the context of whom is the speaker.

I don't think it's any less valid than "Classical music bores me" or "I don't like horror films". Yeah it's a blanket statement but there's enough commonality or shared essential point through X% of the production that it can make some sense.
ὕβρις

Rahxephon91

« Reply #524 on: March 02, 2017, 01:53:04 AM »
Actually I think you're wrong. You described genres. Anime is not a genre.

There is a world of difference between Ghost in The Shell Stand Alone Complex, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, and Clanned.

The problem is anime fans don't seem to understand that you may not like Clanned just because you like Cowboy Bebop.

Can you really think something like Jin Roh stands super close to The Lucky Star movie?

Also in my opinion Code Geass is one of the most entertaining "dumb" shows ever made.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #525 on: March 02, 2017, 01:57:07 AM »
Some people don't like "animation" or "comics books" in general :yeshrug.
ὕβρις

Rahxephon91

« Reply #526 on: March 02, 2017, 02:01:59 AM »
And strangely I would accept that instead of being somewhat more specific. If can buy not liking the medium and I can even buy saying you don't like anime to a point. But at least when you say you don't care for animation, it probably has nothing to do with specifics just the fact that it's animated. When you say you don't like anime, it sounds like you don't like it because of some stereotype that doesn't apply to the whole thing.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #527 on: March 02, 2017, 02:06:25 AM »

I don't think it's any less valid than "Classical music bores me" or "I don't like horror films". Yeah it's a blanket statement but there's enough commonality or shared essential point through X% of the production that it can make some sense.
You see the difference here is anime is a much wider genre than people give it credit for and certainly much wider than 'classic music' or 'horror films' it's closer to 'music' or 'films'. Not all anime is even drawn these days, which is why I interpret it as 'i dont like popular anime these days' , which to be honest is horrific garbage.

EDIT: I see you guys are talking about this already.

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #528 on: March 02, 2017, 03:49:10 AM »

Fuck off.

Can I get some dick pics at least?

I'm tired of everyone only wanting me for my body!  :maf
QED

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #529 on: March 02, 2017, 05:53:49 AM »
I'm not  ;)
dur

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #530 on: March 03, 2017, 01:43:31 PM »
We should just automate Sales. I just don't see any  emotion, creativity, inspiration, or anything else that is worthwhile in keeping it a human job.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #531 on: March 06, 2017, 03:39:04 AM »
Though I'm not a huge fan of the Kelvin-timeline Star Trek movies, I prefer Chris Pine's Kirk to Shatner's. Pine gets beat up, has clear motivation, and supports his bridge crew. Shatner always seemed like a goddamned cowboy who might feel bad after he got his friends killed.

We should just automate Sales. I just don't see any  emotion, creativity, inspiration, or anything else that is worthwhile in keeping it a human job.
Amazon's working on that for you.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #532 on: March 06, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »
Shatner Kirk is easy to understand when you think of him like an adhd sufferer with a serious case of fomo and a sex addiction. 

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #533 on: March 06, 2017, 12:20:53 PM »
Shatner Kirk was more a caricature than a character.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #534 on: March 06, 2017, 05:47:40 PM »
Zelda 2 was a fantastic game in the top 5 Zeldas of all time. :doge
que

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #535 on: March 07, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »
There's only 2 (well 3) legitimately great Zelda games the rest are garbage.   

Rahxephon91

« Reply #536 on: March 07, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »
Zelda is overrated.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #537 on: March 07, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »
Zelda is overrated.
You're overrated.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #538 on: March 10, 2017, 12:33:31 PM »
The only way to stop this Marine sex photo scandal is for women to start sharing pics of men and laughing about their penises.
que

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #539 on: March 10, 2017, 01:37:43 PM »
Dont quite think it's the same, as a dude if one of my exes shares dick pics, I cant give a fuck nobody is looking to see that anyway, as a chick, everybody is looking to see that. Male nudity is mostly looked at as humorous outside a relationship setting while female nudity is seen as sexual. Right or wrong, that's the state of shit currently.