Author Topic: Giant Bombcast  (Read 141176 times)

BobFromPikeCreek

Re: Giant Bombcast
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »
Dan's eccentricities are so clearly authentic that I don't mind him at all. He's an interesting personality on a personality driven site.
zzzzz

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #301 on: July 19, 2015, 06:21:50 PM »
I'm a big fan of Dan. Being super ridiculous to annoy people is something I love to do as well.

Alex is the only member of the team I don't really care for.

Never done any of the premium stuff
dur

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2015, 01:22:51 AM »
Dan wrote a whole book about his anxiety. Only thing I don't like about him really is his constantly repeating his jokes until someone acknowledges it.

benjipwns

« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2015, 01:23:41 AM »
I was shocked that I watched this entire thing:

Jason seems to work with Jeff pretty well.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #304 on: October 07, 2015, 09:08:57 PM »

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #305 on: February 02, 2016, 01:33:20 AM »

ok this video is two hours long but also it is good as heck fyi

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2016, 03:56:39 PM »
The Kerbal stuff is probably my favorite content on the site in a long while. Seeing them workout space travel is fascinating. Plus I've always wanted to get into Kerbal but never had the patients so now I get to live vicariously through them.
nat

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »

I was skeptical as all hell about it when I first heard it, but this looks HOT
___

Stoney Mason

« Reply #308 on: March 10, 2016, 01:02:53 PM »

LET ME PUT MY FACE ON A LADY!

:lawd

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2016, 09:40:18 PM »

european sport   :delicious

benjipwns

G The Resurrected

« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2016, 07:33:13 AM »
Some stupid asshat exec at CBS I is making a play to make a GB euro with the current GameSpot folks in limbo in the UK. Please stop, no one wants shitty game of thrones spoiler videos.....

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2016, 09:36:39 AM »
The community will shit on them so much... GB East videos on Youtube are getting a lot of dislikes already, I assume because of Alex and Austin. Imagine the outrage when nobody from the old crew is on Giant B-...ureau?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2016, 11:40:34 AM »
Some stupid asshat exec at CBS I is making a play to make a GB euro with the current GameSpot folks in limbo in the UK. Please stop, no one wants shitty game of thrones spoiler videos.....

Should just go all the way and bring Gamebomb.ru into the fold.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #314 on: June 17, 2016, 01:24:33 PM »
Austin Walker is leaving Giant Bomb next week. He's been hired by Vice to run their new games website.
nat

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2016, 02:16:53 PM »
Vice has been making a lot of big hires recently, though it's not that long ago they gutted their uk office so idk, I would be a lil worried for the longevity of it all, but he's a big boy and can make his own decisions so congrats to him.

Sugar Pie Honey Bunch

« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2016, 02:51:33 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2016, 07:37:45 AM »

best combo giantbomb at work
drew at the controls :lawd
vinny wingman plus jeff wingman :aah
game from finland :rejoice
drew makes a pun within the first two minutes :preach

benjipwns

« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2016, 08:42:23 AM »
lolpl00001 week ago
guys theres actually an entire meta to this. you've misrepresented the game. what you were playing around with is the "safe zone" of the game lol
Ray Fields1 week ago (edited)
Seriously? You check out a car building sim, spend about a minute on the actual car building, abandon it to go do random stuff and then ask "This is what this game is gonna be from now on, it's just like broken physicsy things that are fun for their funkiness? :/" No! It's a game about in-depth building of a car that wonderfully simulates all kinds of issues if you mess something up. It's like fucking around in the train station in half life 2 for a hour and ignoring the actual gameplay.
Ray Fields1 week ago
+ZenGaijin
I never drove a car but I built one in 4 hours (excluding the initial hours of messing around) thanks to the wiki. It's a flawed way to judge a game. Car building is it's main feature, so you can't say that it's not fun because you skipped it.
Rearlafull3 days ago
they spent like a minute working on the car, and talked about looking up a guide completing the car, geez

this guy seems to be playing it "properly"
gets to the town giantbomb was trying to get to:

gets wasted as fuck:

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2016, 10:46:48 AM »
My favorite part of that video is when they couldn't get the door to shut and the beer fell out when they went around a corner.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2016, 01:57:30 AM »

while playing Combat for the 2600, Jeff: "we're basically playing Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare"

benjipwns

« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2016, 03:16:47 AM »

~2:30

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2016, 09:10:13 AM »
 :-X

:rofl

Mario's Soggy Biscuit Adventure

Stoney Mason

« Reply #323 on: December 17, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »

Never Forget.

benjipwns

« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2016, 06:25:55 AM »

vinny :rofl

benjipwns

« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2016, 06:28:08 AM »
jeff mentions space trucker looks like tekwar, and someone else mentions it looks like another game from the era, according to the steam reviews all the sprites are stolen from 90's fpses like tekwar, blood, etc. :lol

Huff

« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2016, 01:17:27 AM »
Hmm every year i listen to the game of the year stuff and alex always comes off as a whiny bitch
dur

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2016, 05:38:56 AM »
Brad is the worst every time. He wraps his whining in appeals to better nature and oh, isn't it tragic how we discuss a game's relative position more than it's relative merits as he low-key brow beats people into submission. Alex is willing, if unable, to have critical discussions. Jeff is unwilling and unable, and instead falls back on product review nonsense he knows nobody will call him on to avenge one of his picks getting short shrift. Vinny and Dan are the most genuine. Drew and Jason are now just there to be tie-breakers.

The entire process is clearly horseshit and hurt by them not trying to be mean to each other's picks, so it should be put to a vote instead, but a vote doesn't produce a dozen hours worth of podcast content I'm much too happy to waste my time with, so whatever...

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2016, 05:55:31 AM »
Brad is the worst every time. He wraps his whining in appeals to better nature and oh, isn't it tragic how we discuss a game's relative position more than it's relative merits as he low-key brow beats people into submission. Alex is willing, if unable, to have critical discussions. Jeff is unwilling and unable, and instead falls back on product review nonsense he knows nobody will call him on to avenge one of his picks getting short shrift. Vinny and Dan are the most genuine. Drew and Jason are now just there to be tie-breakers.

The entire process is clearly horseshit and hurt by them not trying to be mean to each other's picks, so it should be put to a vote instead, but a vote doesn't produce a dozen hours worth of podcast content I'm much too happy to waste my time with, so whatever...

I just see those GOTY podcasts as like they are playing an insane version of Werewolf where they have to convince their friends/colleagues your game is the right choice and the individual lists as getting back at them. Like Jeff obviously getting stroppy that Titanfall 2 wasn't being considered for the real prize so he put it on his list and demoted Doom.

But then who cares when the one true list exists :rejoice

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/zodiac-motherfuckers-top-10-games-of-2016/1100-5537/

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #329 on: December 31, 2016, 07:23:28 AM »
The how gets me agitated. Thank fuck I don't care about the outcome.

Also, this is the one true list
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/giancarlo-varaninis-top-10-games-of-2016/1100-5533/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:28:14 AM by Rufus »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #330 on: December 31, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »

I just see those GOTY podcasts as like they are playing an insane version of Werewolf where they have to convince their friends/colleagues your game is the right choice and the individual lists as getting back at them. Like Jeff obviously getting stroppy that Titanfall 2 wasn't being considered for the real prize so he put it on his list and demoted Doom.

But then who cares when the one true list exists :rejoice

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/zodiac-motherfuckers-top-10-games-of-2016/1100-5537/

I love the guys but the end of the year shit honestly always brings out the worst in them along with their dumb process for selecting things. And yep. If everybody has their own list, why would I care about some official list of the site.

Boredfrom

« Reply #331 on: January 02, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
The Palmer Luckey big mess killed my hype for the other GOTY discussions, does it gets better?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #332 on: January 02, 2017, 03:25:26 PM »
I don't think they go on to delve into politics which I'm going to assume touch you in forbidden places.

benjipwns

« Reply #333 on: January 02, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
Brad filibustering until Sykrim beat out Saints Row: The Third (Jeff, Ryan and I think Vinny's pick) still makes me laugh or cry or something.

IIRC, he hadn't even really played much of the latter and hadn't gotten close to beating Skyrim. :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #334 on: January 03, 2017, 11:37:34 AM »
I don't think they go on to delve into politics which I'm going to assume touch you in forbidden places.

Kind of, given how Alex discuss it and understand it.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #335 on: January 03, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »
Brad filibustering until Sykrim beat out Saints Row: The Third (Jeff, Ryan and I think Vinny's pick) still makes me laugh or cry or something.

IIRC, he hadn't even really played much of the latter and hadn't gotten close to beating Skyrim. :lol

I think he did beat Skyrim but the big shocker was Ryan braking the deadlock in Brad's favour and he didn't play the game.

Actually he mentioned many times he didn't give a fuck about who he was supporting politically its just the group that was using bullshit means to push their agenda.

Also the fact his actions basically turned him from VR's Golden Boy to Facebook's Shitstain they try cover with tons of tissue paper says alot.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:44:25 PM by Purple Filth »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #336 on: January 03, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »

Came across this recently which is old but was new to me. I like when Giant Bomb is more like this and less like the GOTY stuff. Or when they are just being goofy. 

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »
The month of December is kinda rough for Giant Bomb.  They'll get back into the swing, especially because not as many games are releasing.
rub

Boredfrom

« Reply #338 on: January 04, 2017, 09:09:30 PM »

I think he did beat Skyrim but the big shocker was Ryan braking the deadlock in Brad's favour and he didn't play the game.

Actually he mentioned many times he didn't give a fuck about who he was supporting politically its just the group that was using bullshit means to push their agenda.

Also the fact his actions basically turned him from VR's Golden Boy to Facebook's Shitstain they try cover with tons of tissue paper says alot.

Peter Thiel is still in Facebook and just a month ago they were covering Oculous Touch as positive they could. Alex is full of BS

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #339 on: January 04, 2017, 09:26:22 PM »
I admit I don't remember that section well, but didn't they mean to say that Palmer Lucky himself was tainted and "disappeared", rather than anything to do directly with Oculus?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2017, 11:10:21 AM »
Good on Jeff for not fluffing Dave Lang with that email.

Shows how out of touch developers are with their consumers.

Mind you, living in Canada, we never had broadband without bandwidth restrictions. I have to pay extra for unlimited. Previous to this, when I read that Dead Rising 3 was pushing a 20gb update, I had to drive home from work on my lunch hour to disconnect my xbox form the network.

That's the kind of shit that needs to stop.

What are you referring to? This sounds good.

Is it the January 3 Bombcast?
rub

Huff

« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2017, 04:43:56 PM »
Finishing up the GOTY podcast.

Kinda annoying that now everyone has one game that they have to get on the list. Even if no one else has planned or dislike.
dur

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #342 on: January 05, 2017, 05:16:01 PM »
What are you referring to? This sounds good.

Is it the January 3 Bombcast?
Yup.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #343 on: January 05, 2017, 05:20:38 PM »
I found the Dan w/ Vinny Stardew Valley playdate video positively lovely.  :)

Surprised I ended up watching the whole 2 hours.
___

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #344 on: January 11, 2017, 09:32:37 AM »
I finally got to the end of the GOTY podcasts and it just confirms my belief that Alex is an absolute child.
rub

benjipwns

« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2017, 04:46:59 AM »

:rofl

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2017, 09:11:36 AM »

aka Dan & Vinny talk about Ska for an hour despite not really knowing anything about Ska, also is Silcon or Silicone the one you put in your boobs?
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »
Dan continues to amaze me.

benjipwns

« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2017, 11:06:38 AM »
I wonder if Vinny knew he was adopting Dan from Jeff with the move East.

EDIT: beaten
Grazz1 day ago
I feel like I just listened to vinny realizing he's dan's new foster dad.... good practice!

benjipwns

« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2017, 11:16:01 AM »
One of my secret favorite on-going subplots in the mailbags over the last year or so is Dan proclaiming that someone, usually he, should eat or drink some weird thing. Then Jeff tries to kibosh it and play the voice of reason. Jason and Drew subtly try to egg Dan on. While Vinny or Brad asks Jeff "do I let him? should I?" and seems torn over the whole thing.

It usually ends in Dan freaking out after barely tasting it then Jason and/or Drew calmly consuming it as if it's no big deal.

I think the last time was a MRE that Nintendo sent him for the first Advance Wars DS review.

benjipwns

« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2017, 11:16:37 AM »
One of my secret favorite on-going subplots in the mailbags over the last year or so is Dan proclaiming that someone, usually he, should eat or drink some weird thing. Then Jeff tries to kibosh it and play the voice of reason. Jason and Drew subtly try to egg Dan on. While Vinny or Brad asks Jeff "do I let him? should I?" and seems torn over the whole thing.

It usually ends in Dan freaking out after barely tasting it then Jason and/or Drew calmly consuming it as if it's no big deal.

I think the last time was a MRE that Nintendo sent him for the first Advance Wars DS review.
:nerds

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »
So Dan and Drew filmed a MGScanlon for Rising before he left and they just released all the episodes. Drew is playing on Easy with parry-assist. It's 6 episodes.

That's the second time they've filmed a series in secret and released it. Dan did it with Vinny and Alex for the Shenmue Endurance Run.

nat

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
I was just about to post that. Based Drew.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:41:48 AM by zomgee »
rub

benjipwns

« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2017, 11:25:35 AM »

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #355 on: February 21, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »

:gloomy :( :'( :fbm

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #356 on: February 21, 2017, 06:54:55 PM »
Man, GB West is looking really weak now. :fbm

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2017, 07:05:19 PM »
Jesus FUCK.

GODDAMMIT.

Place is getting weaker and weaker. Jeff's great, but he can't carry West.
rub

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #358 on: February 21, 2017, 07:15:04 PM »
Really sucks but it was inevitable honestly. They weren't gonna all stay there forever. GB East is still pretty strong. Wish Austin didn't leave tho :(
nat

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #359 on: February 21, 2017, 07:27:01 PM »
 :tocry