Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2071176 times)

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
Re: Stranger Things is terrible
« Reply #14220 on: November 27, 2017, 02:45:40 AM »
I guess it's mostly nostalgia-fueled, but I like this show, both seasons, though it ain't perfect. The likeable cast is a huge draw I think.

Re The Get Down: I really wanted to like this show; the first episode was so fucking great. But I got fed up real quick with the soap opera shit, particularly everything concerning Mylene and that wasted fuck of a producer. I'm still at season 1, tho I'm gonna finish the show someday.

Beezy

« Reply #14221 on: November 27, 2017, 02:45:49 AM »
Was wondering when the next #HimuHotTake would land.

This is not a hot take. This is merely having taste.
You chose to make a thread about it instead of just posting your thoughts in the TV show thread, so... hot take.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #14222 on: November 27, 2017, 02:46:13 AM »
If anyone else says anything bad about Better Call Saul, I’m going to track them down and make them eat Arby’s.
serge

Himu

« Reply #14223 on: November 27, 2017, 02:48:28 AM »
Was wondering when the next #HimuHotTake would land.

This is not a hot take. This is merely having taste.
You chose to make a thread about it instead of just posting your thoughts in the TV show thread, so... hot take.

Hmmm tru

lets move this to the tv thread where we can shit on this awful show like queens
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14224 on: November 27, 2017, 02:48:29 AM »
I enjoy saul more than breaking bad.

Himu

« Reply #14225 on: November 27, 2017, 02:50:22 AM »
Continued in tv thread
IYKYK

Himu

Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #14226 on: November 27, 2017, 02:51:25 AM »
Continuing our discussion.

Better call Saul > breaking bad

:rejoice
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14227 on: November 27, 2017, 02:53:05 AM »
I guess it's mostly nostalgia-fueled, but I like this show, both seasons, though it ain't perfect. The likeable cast is a huge draw I think.

Re The Get Down: I really wanted to like this show; the first episode was so fucking great. But I got fed up real quick with the soap opera shit, particularly everything concerning Mylene and that wasted fuck of a producer. I'm still at season 1, tho I'm gonna finish the show someday.

Likeable cast?! Who?! They're all shit except El, Mike, the fat kid, and police chief IMO. I don't like any of the characters and find the majority of them poorly written.

Get down only has one season. The other thing is a part 2 to season 1 because they were fucking dumb. Part 1 owns. Part 2 isn't as good but the ending is really strong.
IYKYK

Bore Expert

« Reply #14228 on: November 27, 2017, 02:59:15 AM »
Continuing our discussion.

Better call Saul > breaking bad

:rejoice

Hell no. And to clarify from the locked thread, I only mentioned that it was one particular episode of BCS that I thought was boring as shit. Because it was.

Himu

« Reply #14229 on: November 27, 2017, 03:00:29 AM »
I enjoyed BCS more than all of BB put together. BB was forgettable in the end.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #14230 on: November 27, 2017, 03:21:47 AM »
Stranger Things Season 1 was great.

Season 2 was zzzzz until episode 5 but now it's ok.

Nola

« Reply #14231 on: November 27, 2017, 03:24:28 AM »
It’s a solid show to me(Stranger Things), but I went in expecting little more than a B tier show with A tier nostalgia. Not a new David Simon drama or anything.

That after two seasons I think did a better job evoking the homage and atmosphere of the 80’s small town sci-fi/horror films that inspired it in the first season than the second season. Though I still enjoyed it. Though I do kinda think they should of stuck to the original idea of making the series self contained each season like American Horror Story. I am not sure how they think they have 4-5 seasons worth of material?

I guess I had also always assumed that the whole camera scene was contrived in the same vain as those contrived 80’s relationships and plot points. Johnathan is the stereotypical loner with a heart of gold with artistic aspirations and he stumbles upon a pool party where he sees an opportunity to capture people in moments as they “really are,” or whatever that cheesy line was later on. And she is set up as the stereotypical empathetic girl that sees him for what he is inside because she’s like him, but is caught in the stereotypical internal conflict with the bad boy popular guy....until they sort of mess with that formula superficially toward the end of the season. I do get where your coming from though.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:30:02 AM by Nola »

TVC15

« Reply #14232 on: November 27, 2017, 03:31:10 AM »
Vince Russo’s WCW years > Stranger Things
serge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14233 on: November 27, 2017, 03:43:51 AM »
Watched the first episode of Van Helsing, which claims to be inspired by the manga, HellSing? Is that correct?

Well I don't know the intent but Hellsing is not post apocalyptic, has Alucard as the main protagonist and its Van Helsing is female so they're fairly loose if that's the case.

Yeah, I thought the gender-switch was maybe the biggest change, but it's even more ridiculous: http://www.zenescope.com/liesel-van-helsing

It's like one of those Wildstorm/Image Comics titles where the heroine can't seem to keep her breasts covered. So, yeah, not the manga I assumed, but also still looks barely associated.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #14234 on: November 27, 2017, 03:45:49 AM »
I gave Van Helsing like 4 eps before I bailed faster than cocaine fueled Jon Jones at an accident scene.

etiolate

« Reply #14235 on: November 27, 2017, 03:55:42 AM »
Godless is good.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #14236 on: November 27, 2017, 03:58:08 AM »
Godless is good.
Been a while since I saw him in anything, but was Jeff Daniels always this good of an actor? Guy hit it twice the distance of out the park. :lawd

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #14237 on: November 27, 2017, 09:08:12 AM »
Finished the IT Crowd and it was excellent throughout. I kept thinking it reminded me of Black Books which I adore and only realized midway through both series have the same creator. I like that the writing is zany and the characters quirky without being lazy or facile, the British formatting of much shorter seasons helps a lot I guess. Guess I'll have to get around to watching Father Ted, apparently legally available on YouTube.

Otherwise started Rick and Morty s3 and it's great.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #14238 on: November 27, 2017, 09:17:05 AM »
Almost every scene in stranger things has someone screaming. Good lord.
IYKYK

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #14239 on: November 27, 2017, 09:29:13 AM »

You're still watching it?  :lol

No shame in ditching it, if you don't like it. It's good but it's not a must-see.

I started watching Rick and Morty earlier this summer and yeah, it's good stuff. But ever since that embarrasing McD promotion shit happened last month, I just can't bring myself to watching another episode somehow  :-\

Fucking nerds ruining my entertainment  :snoop
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:36:43 AM by desert punk »

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14240 on: November 27, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Vince Russo’s WCW years > Stranger Things

Vince Russo's TNA years > Vince Russo’s WCW years > Stranger Things > Breaking Bad > Game of Thrones
woke

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14241 on: November 27, 2017, 09:48:56 AM »

No shame in ditching it, if you don't like it. It's good but it's not a must-see.

I started watching Rick and Morty earlier this summer and yeah, it's good stuff. But ever since that embarrasing McD promotion shit happened last month, I just can't bring myself to watching another episode somehow  :-\

Fucking nerds ruining my entertainment  :snoop

Sure, but let's be clear: McD's wasn't even a branded promotion. It was them using a throwaway line in Rick and Morty to promote their own ends. Even the poster is not R&M, it's random "chaotic" sci-fi. McD's bungled it, the fans faceplanted into that hot mess, but it's not got any read/write permissions from the show. So I say wubbalubba-dub-dub.

Himu

« Reply #14242 on: November 27, 2017, 09:49:52 AM »

I have to where the train wreck ends and also see just how much society has bad taste in entertainment.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14243 on: November 27, 2017, 09:53:49 AM »

I have to where the train wreck ends and also see just how much society has bad taste in entertainment.

Why do you insist on pissing on stuff that other people like? It's tiresome.

Himu

« Reply #14244 on: November 27, 2017, 09:59:02 AM »
I don't do it because people like things. I'm legitimately baffled that this is it.

So, did anyone bring up that the writers might be "nice guy losers"? Because they keep making it seem like people smashing a dudes camera after he took stalker photos totally was mean and that we should emphathize with this poor misunderstood teen. I can see the writers going,"she goes for Steve rather than Jonathon and that's messed up because he's a nice guy". You can tell by the treatment of the Jonathon character that writers are losers.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14245 on: November 27, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »
I don't do it because people like things. I'm legitimately baffled that this is it.

So, did anyone bring up that the writers might be "nice guy losers"? Because they keep making it seem like people smashing a dudes camera after he took stalker photos totally was mean and that we should emphathize with this poor misunderstood teen. I can see the writers going,"she goes for Steve rather than Jonathon and that's messed up because he's a nice guy". You can tell by the treatment of the Jonathon character that writers are losers.

I'm not sure why you're so hung up on this, the nerd/jock dichotomy is a cornerstone of the 80's entertainment that inspired Stranger Things. Instead of just picking on Johnathan because they're jocks and that's what they do however, they actually give Steve a legitimate reason (the creeper pics of Nancy) to be pissed at Johnathan and smash his camera. I don't see how this makes Johnathan more sympathetic; if that's all the writers were after they would have just had Steve kick Johanthan's ass for no reason.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also Johanthan doesn't do shit except mope around and sleep with Nancy for most of the series, while Steve is a goddamn hero who fights monsters and hunky shirtless dudes (who I have not written into Rule 34 slashfic with Steve) like a true bro.  :rejoice
[close]
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #14246 on: November 27, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »

Oh, the show is dripping with behind the scenes sleaze. These two blind items are believed to be about the actress that plays Eleven.

"Despite her young age, this foreign born B+ list mostly television actress from a very hit almost television show is going to file to legally emancipate herself from her parents. She is tired of being their cash cow. Literally cash. I have written about their tactics before. They make her go to events without telling her management or agent and pocket all the money paid to the actress. Currently that can be as much as $75K per day. The actress apparently generally is given a few hundred bucks by the parents and keep the rest. They try to make her do two events per week."

"In an effort to lock down even more money earned by their daughter, the parents of this B+ list actress are auctioning off a nude scene when she turns 18."

It wouldn't surprise me if the parents are also selling her to the writers/creators and production staff for more money as well. There was a blind item the other week about how any 80s show centered on kids was basically a child abuse factor, and I bet Stranger Things is down with emulating that aspect of the 80s as well.
serge

Himu

« Reply #14247 on: November 27, 2017, 10:28:26 AM »
They definitely tried to make him sympathetic, between the shot of him looking at his broken camera to Nancy looking all caring and "poor baby, let me help you after I found out you took creeper pics of me". The entire thing is to show Nancy the Barb pics.

The entire thing is contrived and stupid.

Let's look at the shows poor plotting. The show establishes that Jonathon takes photos as a hobby. Fine. But then he goes around taking photos of the site where his brothers bike was found. Why was Jonathon taking photos at the site to begin with? What was he hoping to accomplish? Why did he take photos of the party? His taking photos is irrelevant. The writers needed someone that takes photos so they gave Jonathon a photographer tag in his character sheet because it was convenient. It was all done just to show the photos of Barb at the pool but even that's a dead end and didn't go anywhere. Therefore, you have drama for the sake of drama. That's why the show is shit. The characters aren't characters with whims and feelings and emotions and reasons for doing things. They're cogs. They are only there to push the plot forward.

You can see it in Lucas whose only purpose is to yell, cause drama, and be a general bitch. The writers took 80's movie tropes and injected absolute zero into them. That's all they are: tropes.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14248 on: November 27, 2017, 10:32:34 AM »
Just watched a scene that proves Joe wrong.

Nancy and Jonathon are walking through the woods. She apologizes to him - the guy that took photos of her in her underwear - for Steve smashing the camera. "He was just being protective."

Lol

They're treating what Steve did as a bad thing. Steve was absolutely, 100% in the right. But the writers are losers who equate jocks as bad people, so of course, anything they do is bad. Even if it's smashing some camera of a creeper.

I've noticed how Jonathon's photography hasn't come up since that incident. Probably because the writers are shit and do things to make unnecessary drama. *everyone starts shouting*
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14249 on: November 27, 2017, 10:36:55 AM »
Video embedded:

bad writing trying to make audience empathize with a creep :confused
IYKYK

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #14250 on: November 27, 2017, 10:39:46 AM »
Steve is the fucking hero of season 2:

:dice

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14251 on: November 27, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »
Women being irrational is bad writing and proof that I'm wrong?  :teehee :teehee

Don't worry, if you keep watching, the show will give you plenty of opportunity to bask in the glory of :bow :bow Steve da gawd :bow2 :bow2
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #14252 on: November 27, 2017, 10:48:12 AM »
I don't even like Steve. :lol
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14253 on: November 27, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
You will. :rejoice
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #14254 on: November 27, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »

Oh, the show is dripping with behind the scenes sleaze. These two blind items are believed to be about the actress that plays Eleven.

"Despite her young age, this foreign born B+ list mostly television actress from a very hit almost television show is going to file to legally emancipate herself from her parents. She is tired of being their cash cow. Literally cash. I have written about their tactics before. They make her go to events without telling her management or agent and pocket all the money paid to the actress. Currently that can be as much as $75K per day. The actress apparently generally is given a few hundred bucks by the parents and keep the rest. They try to make her do two events per week."

"In an effort to lock down even more money earned by their daughter, the parents of this B+ list actress are auctioning off a nude scene when she turns 18."

It wouldn't surprise me if the parents are also selling her to the writers/creators and production staff for more money as well. There was a blind item the other week about how any 80s show centered on kids was basically a child abuse factor, and I bet Stranger Things is down with emulating that aspect of the 80s as well.

What about John Hughes films? Did they abuse children too?
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #14255 on: November 27, 2017, 11:27:37 AM »
The Jonathan/Steve/Nancy thing was one aspect of the first season I wasn't a fan of.

But like... that didn't tank the whole show? It was one aspect of an entire 10+ hours of content that I didn't like. Doesn't meant the whole thing sucks.

I mean if you just don't like the show at all, that's fine but it's weird to pinpoint a single plot point from something and throw the entire thing in the trash because of it.
nat

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #14256 on: November 27, 2017, 11:37:54 AM »
I actually liked that Steve was not just an abusive jock roided up by the writing as a foul individual to justify some sort of cosmic comeuppance. The show is pretty fair in that regard.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #14257 on: November 27, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »
I clearly said that's just one example as to why it's shit. I also brought up Lucas. I could easily bring up Winonan Ryder's awful character. I'm kind of scratching the surface here. The Jonathon/Steve/Nancy thing is just the egregious example of "wow these writers are hacks."
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #14258 on: November 27, 2017, 11:49:13 AM »
:yeshrug

Found nothing wrong with any of the other things you've brought up.
nat

Himu

« Reply #14259 on: November 27, 2017, 12:11:10 PM »
:yeshrug

Found nothing wrong with any of the other things you've brought up.

As said earlier, I feel that the characters aren't characters. They're cogs. Cogs for what? Drama.

Lucas is a straight man to the point of being an anal retentive asshole. He makes everything dramatic and freaks out about every fucking thing. Kid meets girl with literal super powers. Still doesn't believe her just to stick to his character trope. You can see this in the scene where they talk to the cops where the fat kid corrects Lucas on Mirkwood being from Hobbit rather than Lord of the Rings. Why? It's to establish Lucas as the straight man of the group. But his straight man peddling comes off as forced, why can't the kid let it go? Because he's a cog. So now every scene must have Lucas acting like an annoying dip shit in order to fulfill his role as straight man. But the show doesn't present us with a reason he's like this. He's just an asshole all the time and you're supposed to like the kid for whatever reason even if none of his actions make any sense. Time to start yelling and create drama!

Winona Ryder's character isn't even a character. It's a lady screaming "WILL! WILL! WILL!!!!!" over and over. Shut is giving me Lost flashbacks. "WHERE'S MY SON?! WHO TOOK MAH BOY?!" Winona Ryder not once ever stops being a crazy psycho mother. Here's another scene with her screaming! Another cog.

It's hard to articulate the difference between cogs and characters. It's subtle but it's apparent when I watch certain entertainment.

El isn't a cog. She has actual emotions and reasons for doing things. She's scared to go back to the lab. She wants to protect the boys because we have established that the science group will kill anyone who has any knowledge of her. Yet she wants to make friends and is earnest in her attempts to want to help in some small way. She is a genuine character who answers the why's and what's. The rest tho?

Stranger Things would be far better if it were only about the kids and the science shit ET style. Instead you've got all this other crap that makes it come off as schizo.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14260 on: November 27, 2017, 12:28:05 PM »
Then there's the two bullies at school. What reasoning do they have behind their cruelty? On Freaks and Geeks the bullies are mean but not inhuman and have a reasoning for their actions. You see the bullies chase the kids with knives in Stranger Things and while the bullies were assholes before, there's nothing to answer "why are they chasing the boys with knives?". And if you cannot answer that question as a writer, you're shit. The answer is probably,"haha because they're assholes" and that's not good enough.

This is especially important because as an 80's teen film conneeisuer (Ferrie Bueller is my favorite movie) I know for a fact that that 80's teen films are all about establishing the "why". Pornhub dude acts like an ass on Breakfast Club because his dad abuses him. We find out the why. Cameron on Ferris Bueller lacks confidence, and is scared to live a little because his parents were never there for him. We solved that why. When it comes to 80's stories, the why is important because 80's films of this nature tended to go for heartfelt endings that lead to a general arc (watch Plinkett Phantom Menace review for this bit) that makes the journey worth it. On Stranger Things, there is no why for most characters. They just make drama.

It's funny that through all of the stuff they ripped off from 80's teen films they missed the genres most important conceit.

That's all I have to say about that until I finish this train wreck.
IYKYK

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14261 on: November 27, 2017, 12:44:50 PM »
Steve is the fucking hero of season 2:

(Image removed from quote.)

:dice

75% of the cast of Stranger Things have weird faces. Even Winona Ryder doesn't exactly look conventional.
woke

Beezy

« Reply #14262 on: November 27, 2017, 01:08:16 PM »
Lucas is a straight man to the point of being an anal retentive asshole. He makes everything dramatic and freaks out about every fucking thing. Kid meets girl with literal super powers. Still doesn't believe her just to stick to his character trope. You can see this in the scene where they talk to the cops where the fat kid corrects Lucas on Mirkwood being from Hobbit rather than Lord of the Rings. Why? It's to establish Lucas as the straight man of the group. But his straight man peddling comes off as forced, why can't the kid let it go? Because he's a cog. So now every scene must have Lucas acting like an annoying dip shit in order to fulfill his role as straight man. But the show doesn't present us with a reason he's like this. He's just an asshole all the time and you're supposed to like the kid for whatever reason even if none of his actions make any sense. Time to start yelling and create drama!
I thought him being the lone black kid in a white ass town back in the 80s was reason enough. :yeshrug

And I'm not sure how your childhood was, but most kids don't have polite discussions when they disagree. They yell and argue.

Your points might be valid, but I got the 80s nostalgia and sci-fi shit that I wanted from the show. I loved the 1st season, thought the 2nd season was a step down yet still enjoyable, looking forward to the 3rd season.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14263 on: November 27, 2017, 01:14:46 PM »
That episode in season 2 where eleven goes to meet the hobo punk gang was about the worst possible episode they could have made.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #14264 on: November 27, 2017, 01:28:27 PM »
That episode in season 2 where eleven goes to meet the hobo punk gang was about the worst possible episode they could have made.

It's not a cog that advances the plot forward, so Himu will probably love it.
©@©™

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #14265 on: November 27, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »

Lucas being an asshole bothered me too, though I just chalked it up with the writers overdoing his jealousy issues with Eleven as the new member of the group. Didn't realize that his behavior is an actual character trope. They rectified this in season 2 though. He's hardly screaming anymore and he somehow became even nerdier than the rest of his gang :lol

Anyway, except when it comes to Steve, you're not exactly wrong with your points but you're blowing them way out of proportions. This show isn't some serious character drama or whatever, it's a pulpy but entertaining nostalgia wank. And for me, Beezy and I guess many other people who like this show, it was enough.

Himu

« Reply #14266 on: November 27, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
I finished Stranger Things season 1. The final two episodes were easily the best. More of that, please. I think ep 8 was legitimately good and it's unfortunate the show stumbles on the way to get there. I think the potential is there for the show but I have doubts they'll have learned from their mistakes in season 2. We'll see.

Godless after Stranger Things 2.
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14267 on: November 27, 2017, 02:42:13 PM »
True fact.  Cindy would be gushing over ST had it been written by a Japanese pedophile. 

Himu

« Reply #14268 on: November 27, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »
:lol
IYKYK

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14269 on: November 27, 2017, 02:43:07 PM »
The final two episodes were easily the best. More of that, please. I think ep 8 was legitimately good and it's unfortunate the show stumbles on the way to get there.

The last episode was one of the weakest. 

Himu

« Reply #14270 on: November 27, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »

Lucas being an asshole bothered me too, though I just chalked it up with the writers overdoing his jealousy issues with Eleven as the new member of the group. Didn't realize that his behavior is an actual character trope. They rectified this in season 2 though. He's hardly screaming anymore and he somehow became even nerdier than the rest of his gang :lol

Anyway, except when it comes to Steve, you're not exactly wrong with your points but you're blowing them way out of proportions. This show isn't some serious character drama or whatever, it's a pulpy but entertaining nostalgia wank. And for me, Beezy and I guess many other people who like this show, it was enough.

I went in expecting nostalgia wank. I'm fine with nostalgia wank if it's done well (Freaks and Geeks). But given how popular Stranger Things is, I honestly expected better. Then again, Walking Dead is popular so I should probably feel like a moron.

I thought him being the lone black kid in a white ass town back in the 80s was reason enough. :yeshrug

And I'm not sure how your childhood was, but most kids don't have polite discussions when they disagree. They yell and argue.

Your points might be valid, but I got the 80s nostalgia and sci-fi shit that I wanted from the show. I loved the 1st season, thought the 2nd season was a step down yet still enjoyable, looking forward to the 3rd season.

Kids argue but it got tireseome.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14271 on: November 27, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
Steve > Jonathon by season 1 finale.

I bet there were plenty of "nice guys" opining Nancy sticking with Steve. :lol
IYKYK

TVC15

« Reply #14272 on: November 27, 2017, 03:00:07 PM »

What about John Hughes films? Did they abuse children too?

Just checked the best blind gossip sites for Hughes, and the only gossip was ever good stuff. Stuff like he'd write back to fans who mailed him and be their pen pal.
serge

Himu

« Reply #14273 on: November 27, 2017, 03:01:56 PM »
Good. I couldn't take another idol being a piece of shit. :stahp
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14274 on: November 27, 2017, 03:04:29 PM »
Steve > Jonathon by season 1 finale.

I bet there were plenty of "nice guys" opining Nancy sticking with Steve. :lol
:gurl

TVC15

« Reply #14275 on: November 27, 2017, 03:06:36 PM »

I'd be cool if he made Emilio and Judd Nelson fuck and he just sat back and fapped, tbh.
serge

Himu

« Reply #14276 on: November 27, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »

I'd be cool if he made Emilio and Judd Nelson fuck and he just sat back and fapped, tbh.

:stop
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #14277 on: November 27, 2017, 03:51:49 PM »
First episode of Stranger Things 2 is on the right track. That's more of what I want. Appreciating it while it lasts. Lol
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #14278 on: November 27, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »
A friend wanted to watch The Punisher. So we've watched 4 episodes of it and it seems pretty bland...

Full disclouse, super-hero stuff is not a turn on to me. I've watched no super hero tv show in the modern era. I did have a desire to watch Jessica Jones and Luke Cage but haven't gotten around to it. I like to think I have an open mind and can enjoy anything that is decent though.

This feels like a boring show about PTSD and the boring parts of some FBI style show about the War on Terror.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #14279 on: November 27, 2017, 04:24:23 PM »
You know what's a good show? Crazy Ex Girlfriend. I started watching it last week on vacation. It's super funny. Musical numbers are always fun and endearing. Rachel Bloom  :-* :-*

They pulled off a great season long reveal that didn't feel cheap or exploitative 
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Greg being an alcoholic
[close]
nat