Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 464207 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1320 on: September 23, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
There are also some persistent rumors that Rove is gay.

In any case Republicans don't think they got played by Rove because they don't think Rove's that important or that people who say things they like are being manipulative.

Democrats give more weight to Rove and Cheney, while Republicans generally think (thought?) of Bush as a firm, honest commander.

It's natural to believe people's sincerity when they say things you believe, and doubt it when they say stuff you don't.  Not to draw an equivalence though; the gay-baiting in 2004 was completely cynical and Rove was definitely cracking the whip.

wat

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1321 on: September 23, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/23/obama-hits-mccains-foreig_n_128577.html -- haha CARS! I'd laugh at this but michigan is pretty single minded.
:lol

So he only owns only nine American cars.

And, OMG, he bought his daughter a Toyota Prius.

Jesus Christ, Americans! Your election cycle drags on forever, focused on non-issue after non-issue. Your election will decided after our Canadian election, even though the campaign only started a couple of weeks ago.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1322 on: September 23, 2008, 01:46:08 PM »

Jesus Christ, Americans! Your election cycle drags on forever, focused on non-issue after non-issue. Your election will decided after our Canadian election, even though the campaign only started a couple of weeks ago.
To be a little fair, this is an ad specifically for Detroit, the city where General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler are headed, which provide a huge amount of employment and business to the city and to the state of Michigan.
wtc

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1323 on: September 23, 2008, 01:48:25 PM »
How can canadienz listen to Sara Palin talk when she butchers that cool Canadien accent?
©ZH

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1324 on: September 23, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »
How can canadienz listen to Sara Palin talk when she butchers that cool Canadien accent?

She doesn't sound like any Canadians I have ever met. For instance, "terrorist" is three syllables, not two! Her accent seems like it's out of "Fargo."

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1325 on: September 23, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »

She doesn't sound like any Canadians I have ever met. For instance, "terrorist" is three syllables, not two! Her accent seems like it's out of "Fargo."
???
She says aboot and called Obama a hoser, what's left?
©ZH

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1326 on: September 23, 2008, 02:06:04 PM »
http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/news/article/2008092220080922bootdanzig.html

Quote from: Jewish Telegraph Association
A McCain administration would discourage Israeli-Syrian peace talks and refrain from actively engaging in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

I'm not surprised about the Syria thing, but it's weird to hear that after Palin repeated the line about "not second-guessing" Israel's national security decisions.  Also, I wonder about pulling back from the peace process now that even Bush has been convinced that...

Quote from: Jewish Telegraph Association
That was the message delivered over the weekend by two McCain advisers -- Max Boot, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, and Richard Williamson, the Bush administration's special envoy to Sudan -- during a retreat hosted by the Washington Institute for Near East Policy at the Lansdowne Resort in rural Virginia.

*spit-take*  MAX BOOT?!?

FFS, McCain.  You're just trolling me now.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1327 on: September 23, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »

???
She says aboot and called Obama a hoser, what's left?

I have never heard anyone pronounce the word "about" as "aboot."

Caveat:
I have spent no time in rural or small-town Canada.

Brehvolution

« Reply #1328 on: September 23, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »
Watch 'Ice Road Truckers'.
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #1329 on: September 23, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »
Back on track, this is fuck awesome:
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
©ZH

Beardo

« Reply #1330 on: September 23, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

zzzzzzzzzzz

Brehvolution

« Reply #1331 on: September 23, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »
Try this one then beardo:

©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1332 on: September 23, 2008, 03:02:46 PM »
Sarah's Excellent Foreign Leader Adventure!

The gist of it- apparently, our gal Sarah was supposed to meet up with some foreign leaders at the UN to brush up her foreign policy chops.  The McCain campaign, in their continued effort to keep the press away from her, said that only cameras would be allowed in, no actual reporters!  The press uncharacteristically grew a pair of balls and threatened to pull their cameras, thereby depriving Palin of her photo op.  So the McCain campaign apparently relented and decided to allow a reporter in.  Except they got ushered out AFTER 29 SECONDS.  And of course the McCain campaign says it was "a mix-up".  Uh huh.
yar

Beardo

« Reply #1333 on: September 23, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
Oh God! Requiem for a Dream music?  :lol :lol

Must be film students up in here

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1334 on: September 23, 2008, 04:28:29 PM »

The gist of it- apparently, our gal Sarah was supposed to meet up with some foreign leaders at the UN to brush up her foreign policy chops.  The McCain campaign, in their continued effort to keep the press away from her, said that only cameras would be allowed in, no actual reporters!  The press uncharacteristically grew a pair of balls and threatened to pull their cameras, thereby depriving Palin of her photo op.  So the McCain campaign apparently relented and decided to allow a reporter in.  Except they got ushered out AFTER 29 SECONDS.  And of course the McCain campaign says it was "a mix-up".  Uh huh.
So is the media boycott on then? I doubt they have the cajones for it.
que

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1335 on: September 23, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »

So is the media boycott on then? I doubt they have the cajones for it.

If they're not gonna boycott, they should just start running negative stories on McCain and Palin until they cave and start doing interviews and pressers and generally providing more access.  Hell, I seem to remember the press treating Kerry like shit because he didn't provide "enough access" in 2004, and at least he would fucking talk to them SOMETIMES.
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1336 on: September 23, 2008, 04:38:41 PM »
I could see Fox News and other far right wing media sources stepping up their Palin whoring though.

The media finally showing balls is surprising but I've been tricked before :-\
🍆🍆

Beardo

« Reply #1337 on: September 23, 2008, 04:51:58 PM »
http://cbs2.com/politics/joe.biden.interview.2.823202.html

CBS News was with him last Thursday during one of the rockiest weeks in history for the U.S. economy, something that wasn't lost on the six-term senator.

"Part of what being a leader does is to instill confidence is to demonstrate what he or she knows what they are talking about and to communicating to people ... this is how we can fix this," Biden said. "When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt* got on the television** and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, 'look, here's what happened.'"

spoiler (click to show/hide)

* Not actually president in 1929

** Not actually invented in 1929
[close]

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1338 on: September 23, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
why would you interpret that as literally the day after the crash?

are you just mad that his state isn't next to Russia or something?

Brehvolution

« Reply #1339 on: September 23, 2008, 05:12:59 PM »
http://cbs2.com/politics/joe.biden.interview.2.823202.html

CBS News was with him last Thursday during one of the rockiest weeks in history for the U.S. economy, something that wasn't lost on the six-term senator.

"Part of what being a leader does is to instill confidence is to demonstrate what he or she knows what they are talking about and to communicating to people ... this is how we can fix this," Biden said. "When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt* got on the television** and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, 'look, here's what happened.'"

spoiler (click to show/hide)

* Not actually president in 1929

** Not actually invented in 1929
[close]

Facts aren't that important to most amurican.
©ZH

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #1340 on: September 23, 2008, 05:18:40 PM »
The tide seems to be shifting in the Congress against the Bush/Paulson theft of taxpayer money. It looks like nothing is going to get passed without REAL bipartisan support since the bailout is completely unpopular with the public, and any legislation that does make it through will be vastly cut down from the huge numbers that Paulson wanted.

Really fluid situation, but right now it is looking like the market isn't get their free money for a good while, at the earliest. I guess we'll find out just how long the Wall Street can bleed before going into shock.

edit: truly the only appropriate response to Paulson and Bush is to listen to nothing but punk music, something I haven't done to this degree since FISA fun time this summer. ANGER. BURN. HATE.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 05:22:07 PM by Fragamemnon »
hex

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1341 on: September 23, 2008, 05:25:02 PM »

"When the stock market crashed" is an adverbial clauses that modifies the independent clause "Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed." You don't have to interpret it as the same day, but at least sometime immediately after the crash--certainly not four years later when Roosevelt finally became president.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #1342 on: September 23, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13736.html -- Palin apparently doesnt show up for work much lol
o_0

Beardo

« Reply #1343 on: September 23, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13736.html -- Palin apparently doesnt show up for work much lol

She has more in common with Obama then we first thought.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1344 on: September 23, 2008, 05:37:24 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/23/obama-hits-mccains-foreig_n_128577.html -- haha CARS! I'd laugh at this but michigan is pretty single minded.

Well three of the cars are even pure electric buggy short range vehicles. They go LOL OLD PEOPLE BUGGY but should dems really knock someone for owning three? I think it has more to do with his lie to the people in michigan.
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1345 on: September 23, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »

She has more in common with Obama then we first thought.

It's knee-jerk Beardo!
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1346 on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »
[youtube=425,350]XsOCapPyKQY[/youtube] -- haha no talk express.
o_0

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1347 on: September 23, 2008, 06:32:28 PM »
Well three of the cars are even pure electric buggy short range vehicles. They go LOL OLD PEOPLE BUGGY but should dems really knock someone for owning three? I think it has more to do with his lie to the people in michigan.

While he was clearly being misleading, he didn't lie. He never said he only owned American. Anyway, only one of the thirteen cars is under his name, a Cadillac.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1348 on: September 23, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »
Well considering McCain has lied many times about many things, stretching the truth is close enough at this point.
o_0

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1349 on: September 24, 2008, 12:00:45 AM »
"When the stock market crashed" is an adverbial clauses that modifies the independent clause "Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed." You don't have to interpret it as the same day, but at least sometime immediately after the crash--certainly not four years later when Roosevelt finally became president.
well if you don't assume that he made a simple grammatical error, then you have to assume that most senators don't know who Herbert Hoover was.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1350 on: September 24, 2008, 12:12:45 AM »
well if you don't assume that he made a simple grammatical error, then you have to assume that most senators don't know who Herbert Hoover was.

We only have to assume that one senator, Biden, temporarily forgot who was the president in 1929 and forgot televisions didn't exist at the time, except in experimental form. Hell, televisions weren't in most homes until the 50s.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1351 on: September 24, 2008, 12:20:05 AM »
Well he was born in the 1940's so he might have just assumed the thing about TV.  But whenever people think of the Great Depression they think of Herbert Hoover and vice-versa.  you have to consider that Hoover was blamed for the great depression FDR  was credited with getting the country out of it.  when you're trying to become the VP and you want to get people really riled up for your economic policies, you'll know the difference.  somebody will tell you.  you pay them to do that.

I imagine that beardo just gets horny at the idea of shooting moose while looking at Siberia in the horizon.

huckleberry

« Reply #1352 on: September 24, 2008, 12:59:27 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzz

Beardo did you actually listen to what that man (don't know who he is) was saying?  If you didn't, then you should.  If you did...and the only response you have is zzzzzzz - you are a douche.
wub

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1353 on: September 24, 2008, 01:37:20 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/23/campbell-brown-rips-mccai_n_128782.html -- haha

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/23/mccain-ad-obama-has-been_n_128521.html -- I have no cluuuue how they can say Obama has said nothing with a straight face

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/23/mccain-drops-main-street_n_128715.html -- videos from mccains press conference today, crazy conservatives can ignore the LIBERAL LIES and just watch the videos.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 02:28:02 AM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1354 on: September 24, 2008, 09:45:54 AM »
I don't understand how Obama's lead has been shrinking over the past few days. It's down to 3 points according to the last Gallup poll. How is he not up by 7+ at this point?

?

New ABC national poll

Obama - 52%
McCain - 43%

two weeks ago it was
Obama - 45%
McCain - 47%

Depends on where you look.  To be concise: Obama has a comfortable lead.
püp

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1355 on: September 24, 2008, 10:41:36 AM »
gallups been up n down, but its been a lead since the crisis
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1356 on: September 24, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »
National polls are fucking worthless because of the electoral college, pay attention to state polls.  www.fivethirtyeight.com is your friend.

It looks like McCain is tanking in important places- Colorado is increasingly leaning Obama, as is Virginia and the Tampa area of Florida is starting to heavily tilt towards Obama.  Iowa and New Mexico are pretty much out of reach for McCain now.  If I were Obama, I would focus as much as possible on playing offense in Nevada, Florida, Virginia and Colorado.  Apparently he needs to play defense in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania, although I'm of the opinion that he'll win all four states.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:32:53 AM by The Card Cheat »
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1357 on: September 24, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »
bobobo grow govt...haha I mean economy of course you dont want to grow econ..I mean govt ahhhhhh shit
o_0

Brehvolution

« Reply #1358 on: September 24, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
bobobo grow govt...haha I mean economy of course you dont want to grow econ..I mean govt ahhhhhh shit

'lol I saw that Freudian slip. And that is exactly what it was.
©ZH

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1359 on: September 24, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
National polls are fucking worthless because of the electoral college, pay attention to state polls.  www.fivethirtyeight.com is your friend.

It looks like McCain is tanking in important places- Colorado is increasingly leaning Obama, as is Virginia and the Tampa area of Florida is starting to heavily tilt towards Obama.  Iowa and New Mexico are pretty much out of reach for McCain now.  If I were Obama, I would focus as much as possible on playing offense in Nevada, Florida, Virginia and Colorado.  Apparently he needs to play defense in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania, although I'm of the opinion that he'll win all four states.

What about Ohio, Montana, and NC? A blue-shift is certainly possible, but it would take a lot of work and a bit of luck. Actually, based on checking 538 and other polling sites, Ohio seems much more in reach than Florida.
^_^

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1360 on: September 24, 2008, 12:03:48 PM »

'lol I saw that Freudian slip. And that is exactly what it was.

He'd slip up less if he talked to the press more than once every few weeks.
o_0

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1361 on: September 24, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »

What about Ohio, Montana, and NC? A blue-shift is certainly possible, but it would take a lot of work and a bit of luck. Actually, based on checking 538 and other polling sites, Ohio seems much more in reach than Florida.

Ohio this election has been been nearly tied in state polls for a while now.  However, I still think it'll go red as usual, because the southern Ohio area is something fierce.

I have a little more faith in Florida, to be honest.
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1362 on: September 24, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
I'm in the same boat as Brandnew, to be honest.  Of the Bush 2004 states that Obama is targeting I'd say he's likely to flip them in this order: Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado, Virginia, Nevada, North Carolina, Florida and lastly Ohio.  Nothing good has ever come out of Ohio, let's be honest.
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1363 on: September 24, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »
Except me :(
(I live in northeast Ohio)
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1364 on: September 24, 2008, 12:17:38 PM »
Except me :(
(I live in northeast Ohio)

I'm sorry, duder.  You need to GTFO of that place.
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1365 on: September 24, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »
Indeed.  Next year I'm transferring to...well, Belmont in Nashville.

Even worse, heh.
püp

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #1366 on: September 24, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »
Nashville ain't too bad. Just STAY OUT OF THE INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT
UK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1367 on: September 24, 2008, 12:50:02 PM »
I know, I know  :lol

Luckily I'll be in campus territory most of my time there.  Belmont and then occasionally mosey over to Vanderbilt's campus.  Then I would just take a bus to Broadway or 8th street.  That's all I would go in the entire place, heh.
püp

T234

« Reply #1368 on: September 24, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
Also, it's not really a good idea to go to any college bar alone. Period.

Other than that, just watch yourself when other SEC teams fans' come into Nashville. Especially Georgia, Florida, and LSU.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:56:38 PM by T234 »
UK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1369 on: September 24, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »
I'm in the same boat as Brandnew, to be honest.  Of the Bush 2004 states that Obama is targeting I'd say he's likely to flip them in this order: Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado, Virginia, Nevada, North Carolina, Florida and lastly Ohio.  Nothing good has ever come out of Ohio, let's be honest.

Yup Iowa is a lock, NM is moving to "lock" status. Colorado is looking good. Dunno about the rest. On paper NC should be close, Virginia could go either way. I'm starting to agree about Florida being more likely than Ohio. Can't expect much from a state that houses The Ohio State University

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1370 on: September 24, 2008, 12:59:06 PM »

?
serge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1371 on: September 24, 2008, 01:03:43 PM »
They didn't come from Ohio, TVC.  Everyone knows that they're really superior mutants from a faster planet.
yar

huckleberry

« Reply #1372 on: September 24, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »

Ohio this election has been been nearly tied in state polls for a while now.  However, I still think it'll go red as usual, because the southern Ohio area is something fierce.

I have a little more faith in Florida, to be honest.

southern Ohio is one of the most conservative, and Christian, places I have ever seen.  My wife is from a small town just outside of Cincy.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I moved there.  During the 2000 election I couldn't tell you how many fingers got right in my face during the whole Florida debacle....and I fucking voted for Nader.
wub

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1373 on: September 24, 2008, 01:36:59 PM »
It's really bad down there.  That two hour shitfest drive from Columbus to Cincy is borderline scary.

BIBLE IS TRUTH signs everywhere
püp

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #1374 on: September 24, 2008, 01:38:04 PM »
Florida definitely seems better positioned than Ohio at this point. The demographics in FL are better for Obama and McCain's had his head in the sand there for months, assuming that Obama wouldn't seriously compete there. Oops!

NC is Obama's if he can keep up the mix of "tied" and "+3 McCain" polling results. Anything near +2 McCain in the final polling means Obama wins here, McCain has nothing on the ground and NC Dems have been busting their butts like crazy for their ticket. Turnout is expected to be enormous given the races on the ballot this year.

and yeah, nothing good comes from Ohio. FACT.
hex

huckleberry

« Reply #1375 on: September 24, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »
It's really bad down there.  That two hour shitfest drive from Columbus to Cincy is borderline scary.

Funny thing to me was getting made fun of for being from Kentucky.  We have our fair shair of ignorant racist bible thumpers...but nothing like I met there.  I worked with a guy from Cleveland who was all for ceding southern Ohio to its own state.  Huge difference between the two parts.
wub

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1376 on: September 24, 2008, 01:40:45 PM »
I lived on Ohio for 6 whole months and hated it so much.
o_0

« Reply #1377 on: September 24, 2008, 01:41:10 PM »

Funny thing to me was getting made fun of for being from Kentucky.  We have our fair shair of ignorant racist bible thumpers...but nothing like I met there.  I worked with a guy from Cleveland who was all for ceding southern Ohio to its own state.  Huge difference between the two parts.

That's not unique to Ohio. We have people from Eastern Washington who want to break away and create their own state.
野球

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1378 on: September 24, 2008, 01:41:52 PM »
Eastern WA is crazy land
o_0

T234

« Reply #1379 on: September 24, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »
The state of Ohio is relentlessly derided every time it is brought up in conversations in the circle of people I know.
UK