Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 464195 times)

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1740 on: September 26, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
Funny tidbit for the Seattle Shat-pack:  apparently your Republican candidate for Gov. (I think his name is Rossi or something) is trying to get on the ballot without an "R" or "Republican" next to his name, but the amusingly titled "GOP Party" next to him instead.  Since "GOP" stands for "Grand Old Party" I guess he wants people to know that he's TOTALLY ready to throw down.  It couldn't possibly be that he wants you to think he's not a "Republican" in a year they're about as popular as pedos, no sir!

Yeah, the media has been talking about Rossi's little move for a while up here. A few polls have been done that showed people are more willing to vote for Rossi when he's referred to as the GOP candidate than when he is referred to as the Republican candidate.
野球

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1741 on: September 26, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
because they keep pulling it off YouTube:

[youtube=425,350]7YYplAoEdDs[/youtube]
乱学者

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
o_0

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa
« Reply #1743 on: September 27, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
Obama was here in Greensboro today

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/amandascott/gGgdHy

[youtube=425,350]zu0MIz4kbps[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:16:39 PM by Bocsius »

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1744 on: September 27, 2008, 04:38:24 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/14015.html -- lawlz

Quote from: Politico
But if the Democrats and the White House were ready for a game of “ganging up on Boehner” – as the minority leader said later – McCain didn’t play along.

That's a very Evilbore phrase right there.

MrAngryFace

o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1746 on: September 27, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »
[youtube=425,350]mwYKA12s9VE[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]bHovtS_QWI4[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]8q8jm0to5Os[/youtube]

:bow Ralph Nader :bow2
🍆🍆

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1747 on: September 28, 2008, 02:18:04 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/27/mccain-wins-in-new-obama_n_129951.html = awesome commercial hahahah-- really only appeals to the base tho.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 02:19:56 AM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1748 on: September 28, 2008, 06:14:11 AM »
omg that commercial horrified me to death
乱学者

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1749 on: September 28, 2008, 06:44:18 AM »
IT COULD HAPPEN
o_0

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1750 on: September 28, 2008, 10:15:37 AM »
I remember that shirt with the smirking Bush on it, and it read "I BET YOU'LL VOTE NEXT TIME, HIPPIE."

Now I'm wondering... will the hippies get up and vote this time?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1751 on: September 28, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »
Palin takes questions during cheesesteak run
Posted: 09:00 AM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

Sarah Palin and her daughter Willow ordered cheesestakes in South Philadelphia Saturday.
PHILADELPHIA (CNN) – Sarah Palin partook in an established political ritual on Saturday night when she headed to Tony Luke's in south Philadelphia to order a pair of cheesesteaks with whiz and onions.

But as the kitchen sizzled and orders were barked out, Palin found herself talking politics, calling McCain's debate performance "awesome" and taking questions from a voter about the hunt for terrorists in Pakistan.

While waiting in line with her daughter Willow to place her order, a reporter asked Palin if she watched Friday's debate, and what her impressions were.

"I did, I did," she said. "McCain did awesome. He was great. He was absolutely on his game."

Palin added that she is ready to debate Joe Biden next Thursday in St. Louis.

"I am," she said. "Look forward to it. Look forward to getting to speak to Americans through that debate, absolutely."

The governor got a more serious interrogation moments later when Temple graduate student Michael Rovito approached her to inquire about Pakistan.

"How about the Pakistan situation?," asked Rovito, who said he was not a Palin supporter. "What's your thoughts about that?"

"In Pakistan?," she asked, looking surprised.

"What's going on over there, like Waziristan?"

"It's working with [Pakistani president] Zardari to make sure that we're all working together to stop the guys from coming in over the border," she told him. "And we'll go from there."

Rovito wasn't finished. "Waziristan is blowing up!," he said.

"Yeah it is," Palin said, "and the economy there is blowing up too."

"So we do cross border, like from Afghanistan to Pakistan you think?," Rovito asked.

"If that's what we have to do stop the terrorists from coming any further in, absolutely, we should," Palin responded, before moving on to greet other voters.

Palin ordered the two sandwiches, but the managers refused to let her pay, so she slipped a bill into their tip jar. She did not chow down at the restaurant, opting instead to take the food with her in the motorcade.

---------------------

She has absolutely no idea what's going on!
PSP

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1752 on: September 28, 2008, 12:19:23 PM »
Palin sides with Obama!
🍆🍆

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1753 on: September 28, 2008, 12:21:41 PM »
THE TERRORISTS MAY GET IN! FROM SOMEWHERE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE IS TO GET EM ALL!

between mccains kgb crap and palins terrorist crap, argh
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1754 on: September 28, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »
NOOOO PALIN YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY IT OUT LOUD DAMMIT!!
pcp

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1755 on: September 28, 2008, 01:13:07 PM »
Give her a break guys; it's not like she can see Pakistan from Alaska.

MrAngryFace

o_0

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1757 on: September 28, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/28/palin-claimed-dinosaurs-a_n_130012.html - Palin claims dinosaurs and people lived together 6,000 years ago, smh

I like the Bristol wedding theory. I was thinking she was going to suffer a mysterious "miscarriage" but that would be too suspicious to the punditry. A shotgun wedding would be a lot harder for people to complain about.
乱学者

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
🍆🍆

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1759 on: September 28, 2008, 03:05:12 PM »
乱学者

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1760 on: September 28, 2008, 03:05:43 PM »
its all true!
o_0

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1761 on: September 28, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/28/palin-claimed-dinosaurs-a_n_130012.html - Palin claims dinosaurs and people lived together 6,000 years ago, smh
Why wouldn't she believe that humans and dinosaurs coexisted when she's on a ticket with one.

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #1762 on: September 28, 2008, 03:31:52 PM »
the Anchorage Daily News had a good editorial from Andrew Halcro, one of the dudes she beat to become Governer.

Debates proved twinkle trumps facts
by ANDREW HALCRO
Published: September 27th, 2008 11:18 PM
Last Modified: September 27th, 2008 11:47 PM

When he faces off against Sarah Palin on Thursday night, Joe Biden will have his hands full. After debating Palin at more than two dozen forums and debates during the 2006 gubernatorial campaign, I'll offer some advice to both candidates.

Palin's debate style is simple: She's a master, not of facts, figures or insightful policy recommendations, but at the fine art of the non-answer, the glittering generality. Against such charms there is little Sen. Biden or anyone can do.

On paper, of course, the debate appears to be a mismatch.

In 2006, Palin was running to be the governor of Alaska, while Biden was serving his 34th year as a United States senator. While Palin was offering up as few specifics as possible, Biden was talking specifically about his five-point plan he authored with Leslie H. Gelb, president emeritus of the Council on Foreign Relations, about how a post-war Iraq should look.

On both domestic and foreign policy, the difference in experience is like the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing a bullet. Unfortunately for Biden, if history is any measuring stick, experience or a grasp of the issues won't matter when it comes to debating Palin.

On April 17, 2006, Palin and I attended a debate in Fairbanks at the University of Alaska on agricultural issues. The next day, the Fairbanks Daily News Miner published this excerpt:

"Andrew Halcro, a declared Independent candidate from Anchorage, came armed with statistics on agricultural productivity. Sarah Palin, a Republican from Wasilla, said the Matanuska Valley provides a positive example for other communities interested in agriculture to study."

On April 18, 2006, Palin and I sat together in a hotel coffee shop comparing campaign trail notes. As we talked about the debates, Palin made a comment that highlights the phenomenon that Biden is up against.

"Andrew, I watch you at these debates with no notes, no papers and yet when asked questions you spout off facts, figures and policies and I'm amazed. But then I look out into the audience and I ask myself, 'Does any of this really matter?' " Palin said.

While public policy wonks might cringe, the fact was that Sarah Palin was simply vocalizing her biggest campaign strength without realizing it.
During the campaign, from January to November, Palin's message on important public policy issues never evolved -- because it didn't have to. Her ability to fill the debate halls with her presence and her gift of the glittering generality made it possible for her to rely on populism instead of policy.

In one debate, a moderator asked the candidates to name a bill the Legislature had recently passed that we didn't like. I named one. Democratic candidate Tony Knowles named one. But Palin used her allotted time to criticize the unpopular incumbent governor, Frank Murkowski. Asked to name a bill we did like, the same pattern emerged: Palin didn't name a bill.

And when she does answer the actual question asked, she has the canny ability to connect with the audience on a personal level. For example, asked to name a major issue that had been ignored during the campaign, I mentioned the health of Alaska communities, Mr. Knowles talked about affordable health care, and Palin talked about the need to protect hunting and fishing rights.

So what should the strategy be for both candidates?

Since the McCain campaign demanded changes in the debate rules to include shorter question and answer times and limited interaction between the two candidates to prevent any free flowing discussions, Biden needs to simply ignore Palin on stage and answer the questions as if he were the only one there. Any attempt to flex policy knowledge to show Palin is not ready for prime time will inevitably cast him in the role as the bully.

On the other side of the stage, Palin simply needs to do what she's always done best during debates: fill the room with her presence and stick to scripted sound bites. With limited interaction, thus less chance of going off message, Palin can definitely hold her own.

Andrew Halcro is a former Republican legislator who ran for governor in 2006 as an Independent. He hosts a radio show on 650 KENI and you can read his political blog at www.andrewhalcro.com.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1763 on: September 28, 2008, 04:51:06 PM »
haha good ol brokaw

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/28/brokaw-to-clinton-will-yo_n_130030.html

Some Democrats who are growing wary with what they see as Bill Clinton's tepid support for Barack Obama weren't likely relieved by the former president's appearance this Sunday on Meet the Press.

Clinton offered some praise for the man hoping to fill his former chair in the Oval Office, but much of it was admiration for Obama's political acumen and not his character. "I know he saw and imagined the way this thing could develop this political year and this economic situation, in a way that has left him in a position of leadership he is now," Clinton said.

At one point, host Tom Brokaw asked, "Would you use the same words for Obama that you have used for Senator McCain, that you admire him and that you think he's a great man?"

Clinton seemed caught off-guard and responded, "Well, I don't -- look, I had my first conversation with him in my entire life in Harlem," a reference to a lunch the two had in mid-September. Clinton followed by stating that he "certainly admire(s)" Obama, but that while the Illinois Democrat has "unlimited potential," he could only achieve greatness in time.

At one point in the interview, Clinton acknowledged that it was his wife, Hillary, who "told me to go help (Obama)." And while Bill Clinton criticized John McCain for representing a brand of politics that he disagreed with, he offered a far more adulatory take on the Arizona Republican's personality traits.

"Most people would have been broken by what he been through, or we would have been happy just to give him an atta boy and medal and let him wander through life," said Clinton. "I think his greatness is that he keeps trying to come back to service without ever asking people to cut him any slack or feel sorry for him or any of that stuff because he was a P.O.W."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:53:17 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1764 on: September 28, 2008, 04:58:24 PM »
Bill Clinton needs to go hang out with Carly Fiorina in the surrogate time-out corner
乱学者

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1765 on: September 28, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »
come back to service without ever asking people to cut him any slack or feel sorry for him or any of that stuff because he was a P.O.W.

that line made me lol. POW is in like every stump speech, debate, interview...
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1766 on: September 28, 2008, 05:04:48 PM »
This is rich.

The Palin defense: Biden is a gaffe machine!

Seeing a cariacture of a hapless Sarah Palin develop, McCain supporters are responding by not so much defending her as pointing out that Joe Biden makes lots of mistakes, too. 

After showing the clip of Palin struggling to explain to Katie Couric the importance of Alaska's proximity to Russia, Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace asked of Lindsey Graham this morning: "What the heck was she talking about?

Graham, one of McCain's top allies in the Senate, quickly shifted focus to the other number two.

"But the truth is Joe [Biden] has said some things about FDR being on T.V.," Graham noted seizing on one of the Delaware senator's more recent gaffes.  "He's right. These are human beings. She'll get better. She's very talented at what she's been asked to do in the past. She's been a really good governor."

Graham than sought to focus again on Biden before Wallace brought the subject back to Palin.

"She's going to have to show she's a valuable part of this team, that she's capable of the job, that she shares John's philosophy," Graham conceded.

But again, he used the Biden comparison, saying Palin shouldn't be judged only for the Couric debacle.

"If we're not going to judge Joe by one sound bite in one interview, which is fair to Joe, and we're not going to take a mistake that he's made and say that that's a death-defying blow, let's don't do it for her."

Joe Pounder, in the McCain Morning Update email to reporters, offered a similar tactic.

"If there was a 'Saturday Night Live' primary last night, Joe Biden lost because he wasn’t even mentioned despite some notable mistakes this week," Pounder wrote.

SNL, for the second time in three weeks, mocked Palin as being clueless.
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1767 on: September 28, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »
While that article on Palin was interesting, I have to disagree with a couple of notions that it brings up.

1)  This is a national stage.  While pleasant generalities might have worked in debates for the governorship of Alaska, it's not gonna fly here.  A good example of this is when she was pressed by Katie Couric to name specifics of how McCain had pressed for more regulatory oversight, she had to say she'd get back to Couric.  I can pretty much guarantee you that the moderator of the debate, Gwen Eifel, is going to be a tougher questioner than Katie Couric.

2)  Aside from the base of the Republican party (who already loves her) people aren't going to like the fact that she's going to be seen as covering for her ignorance with charm.  Especially with McCain's age and health history.

Personally, I think that what Biden should do is talk up his own credentials whenever possible and attack MCCAIN AND REPUBLICANS IN GENERAL BUT NEVER PALIN SPECIFICALLY.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1768 on: September 28, 2008, 05:06:19 PM »
Im not sure Palins non-answers will work much longer, the couric interview was pretty damning and people did not respond well to her non-answers.
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1769 on: September 28, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »
Im not sure Palins non-answers will work much longer, the couric interview was pretty damning and people did not respond well to her non-answers.

Yeah, that's my point.  I think she'll come off as being poorly informed and prepared for the job, possibly making people think she's not taking the job seriously if she doesn't give good answers.  Which she WON'T.
yar

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #1770 on: September 28, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/28/axelrod-schmidt-clash-on_n_130026.html -- today's meet the press

I don't know why they talk to these campaign folk. All they do is regurgitate talking points. Granted, they're better at it than Sarah Palin so far, but you might as well splice together video of McCain/Obama talking, because we've heard all of these sentences before.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1771 on: September 28, 2008, 10:16:33 PM »
I don't know if McCain has ever tried to blatantly steal credit for the bailout the way that guy just did.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1772 on: September 28, 2008, 11:09:48 PM »
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1773 on: September 28, 2008, 11:11:59 PM »
You know what really makes that 'shop?  The dipper constellation.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1774 on: September 28, 2008, 11:22:48 PM »
I can almost make out the three letters in his eyes.
o_0

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1775 on: September 28, 2008, 11:23:46 PM »
Oh shit..... there it is...

KGB

Now i know what he means.
©ZH

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1776 on: September 29, 2008, 12:21:59 AM »
Matt Damon said of Palin, "I need to know if she really think that dinosaurs were here 4000 years ago. I want to know that, I really do. Because she's gonna have the nuclear codes."

:lol :lol :lol

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #1777 on: September 29, 2008, 12:42:39 AM »
Palin takes questions during cheesesteak run
Posted: 09:00 AM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

The governor got a more serious interrogation moments later when Temple graduate student Michael Rovito approached her to inquire about Pakistan.

"How about the Pakistan situation?," asked Rovito, who said he was not a Palin supporter. "What's your thoughts about that?"

"In Pakistan?," she asked, looking surprised.

"What's going on over there, like Waziristan?"

"It's working with [Pakistani president] Zardari to make sure that we're all working together to stop the guys from coming in over the border," she told him. "And we'll go from there."

Rovito wasn't finished. "Waziristan is blowing up!," he said.

"Yeah it is," Palin said, "and the economy there is blowing up too."

"So we do cross border, like from Afghanistan to Pakistan you think?," Rovito asked.

"If that's what we have to do stop the terrorists from coming any further in, absolutely, we should," Palin responded, before moving on to greet other voters.

McCain responds

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080928/ap_on_el_pr/palin_pakistan;_ylt=AoIN2NCjVq.hWv3HAute3vys0NUE

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential nominee John McCain defended running mate Sarah Palin on Sunday, even as she contradicted his policy against talking publicly about attacking terrorist targets in Pakistan.

McCain chided Democrat Barack Obama during Friday's presidential debate for saying publicly he supports striking terrorist targets inside Pakistan if the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to do so.

Osama bin Laden and other top al-Qaida leaders are thought to be hiding in tribal areas along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. Obama has said he would support sending American troops into Pakistan to attack such high-value targets.

"You don't say that out loud," McCain said during the debate. "If you have to do things, you do things."

But on Saturday, Palin said much the same thing to a customer at a Philadelphia restaurant, with the press nearby.

"If that's what we have to do stop the terrorists from coming any further in, absolutely, we should," Palin said in the exchange, which was captured on video and reported by CBS News.

Palin, the governor of Alaska, energized McCain's campaign when he chose her as a running mate just before the Republican convention. But polls show Palin's popularity waning among some as she has struggled to answer questions about foreign policy in the few interviews she has granted to journalists.

"She was in a conversation with some young man," McCain said during his own interview Sunday on ABC's "This Week." "She understands and has stated repeatedly that we're not going to do anything except in America's national security interest and we are not going to, quote, announce it ahead of time."

McCain said Palin's exchange was not an official policy statement.

"I don't think most Americans think that that's a definitive policy statement made by Governor Palin," McCain said.

Official response from the Obama campaign: "Friday night, the Senator was in a conversation with some old man."

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1778 on: September 29, 2008, 02:07:32 AM »
I love the argument that we shouldn't take Palin's off-the-cuff conversations as policy.

Oh okay well I guess we'll just ask her at her next press conference! BITCH PLEASE
乱学者

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #1779 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:45 AM »
Give the lady a break - she obviously was operating at peak mental capacity just ordering the cheesesteaks.
vjj

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1780 on: September 29, 2008, 01:00:35 PM »
The gift that keeps on giving:  more embarassing Couric-Palin footage to air Weds-Thurs.

I for one can't wait.

But something has been bothering me lately.  I miss my right leaning buddy, siamesedreamer.  The one who fell in love with that spunky gal from Alaska back a month or so ago.  I wonder what he thinks these days, or if he's just barricaded himself into a closet and is crying or something.  I would have liked to have his input on the genius House GOP "plan" in response to the financial meltdown we're in.  You know, the one that would have been like treating alcoholics by putting them in charge of a brewery instead of rehab.

Come back to us, siamesedreamer.
yar

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1781 on: September 29, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »
The gift that keeps on giving:  more embarassing Couric-Palin footage to air Weds-Thurs.

I for one can't wait.

But something has been bothering me lately.  I miss my right leaning buddy, siamesedreamer.  The one who fell in love with that spunky gal from Alaska back a month or so ago.  I wonder what he thinks these days, or if he's just barricaded himself into a closet and is crying or something.  I would have liked to have his input on the genius House GOP "plan" in response to the financial meltdown we're in.  You know, the one that would have been like treating alcoholics by putting them in charge of a brewery instead of rehab.

Come back to us, siamesedreamer.
He watches Palin with the volume on mute.

« Reply #1782 on: September 29, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »
Has anyone on the Obama team said anything like this yet?

"I look into McCain's eyes and I see three letters: G W B"

I thought about it before, that woulda been a nice memorable off the cuff response to his putin bullshit.

Anyway, back to doom and gloom economy talk and stuff!

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1783 on: September 29, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »
Appearing with John McCain on Monday, Gov. Sarah Palin said she was looking forward to debating Sen. Joe Biden.

"So I guess it's my turn now, and I do look forward to Thursday night. ... I'm looking forward to meeting him, too. I never met him, but I've been hearing about his Senate speeches since I was in, like, second grade," she joked at a rally in Columbus, Ohio.

Zing! :lol
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:29:35 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #1785 on: September 29, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
Appearing with John McCain on Monday, Gov. Sarah Palin said she was looking forward to debating Sen. Joe Biden.

"So I guess it's my turn now, and I do look forward to Thursday night. ... I'm looking forward to meeting him, too. I never met him, but I've been hearing about his Senate speeches since I was in, like, second grade," she joked at a rally in Columbus, Ohio.

The joke loses some of its punch when you learn that she finally passed the second grade when she was 17.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1786 on: September 29, 2008, 07:32:16 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/29/mccain-camp-working-on-pa_n_130206.html -- this ladys such a tool, every time shes on god damnit
o_0

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1787 on: September 29, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »

Pretty amazing coming from someone who touts her 'executive experience' as a strong point. ::)
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1788 on: September 29, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »
Unaired Couric interview material shows Palin cannot name a single Supreme Court case ruling other than Roe v. Wade. :lol
PSP

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1789 on: September 29, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »
There is no way she will last the full debate.  She had a crib sheet for the couric interview..and yet there wasn't a single good answer that she could give to all the softball questions.  She fucking will not be able to give a response to another senator's policies.  She might be able to bullshit something that nobody probably will understand for the first few questions but she will have to pull a snake out of her ass and faint or something somewhere in the debate.  It's the only way to preserve her current amount dignity and supporters.

Brehvolution

« Reply #1790 on: September 29, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »
Have the repubs spun this to the effect of the dems voting to bail out the golden parachutes while the repubs just stabbed them in the back to make it look like they are 'listening to the people'?
©ZH

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1791 on: September 29, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »
Unaired Couric interview material shows Palin cannot name a single Supreme Court case ruling other than Roe v. Wade. :lol

Are you joking?  Link!
serge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1792 on: September 29, 2008, 07:53:48 PM »

Oh holy fucking shit.  I AM more qualified to be VP than her.

Seriously.  Brown vs. Board of Education?  No?  Flynt vs. Falwell?  Plessy vs. Ferguson? 

WHAT.  THE.  FUCK.
yar

Brehvolution

« Reply #1793 on: September 29, 2008, 07:56:50 PM »
... Ali v. Frazier...
©ZH

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #1794 on: September 29, 2008, 07:58:38 PM »

Are you joking?  Link!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/29/latest-palin-gaffe-cant-n_n_130395.html

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #1795 on: September 29, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/29/mccain-camp-blames-obama_n_130359.html

this transcript is so awesome

the McCain campaign has like three separate, contradictory talking points going right now
乱学者

Brehvolution

« Reply #1796 on: September 29, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »

Are you joking?  Link!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/29/latest-palin-gaffe-cant-n_n_130395.html

From the comments:
Ignorance is strength.

So true. :'(
©ZH

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #1797 on: September 29, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
Of concern to McCain's campaign, however, is a remaining and still-undisclosed clip from Palin's interview with Couric last week that has the political world buzzing.

The Palin aide, after first noting how "infuriating" it was for CBS to purportedly leak word about the gaffe, revealed that it came in response to a question about Supreme Court decisions.

After noting Roe vs. Wade, Palin was apparently unable to discuss any major court cases.

There was no verbal fumbling with this particular question as there was with some others, the aide said, but rather silence

- Huffington Post

:lol
PSP

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #1798 on: September 29, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »
WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO MEAN

SIAMESEDREAMER IS IN LOVE!
yar

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1799 on: September 29, 2008, 08:05:23 PM »

Is this for real? :lol

edit holy fuck lol
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 08:08:26 PM by AdmiralViscen »