Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 464183 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Media pundits are giving Palin far too much credit.

I think it was a tie with the swing voters.  Palin wasn't totally incoherent (she was a lot of times) but she seemed far too plastic.  Biden was amazing but it was expected he'd hit it out of the ball park.
🍆🍆

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
pundits are morons fuuuuuuuck them all
o_0

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #2222 on: October 02, 2008, 10:53:15 PM »
This was enough to put an end to the 'she's a moron' talking point, now they can really act like the last 5 interviews were just a series of silly coincidences.

Hopefully independents are smart enough to realize how daft she is, because conservatives are jerking off right now.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Brokaw thinks that Todd was right
🍆🍆

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
People calling this a draw *smh*

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
PALIN WINS - Fox News
Tacos

Fresh Prince

:usacry

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
People like her comments against the MSM and the useless moderator.

Fuck off America
🍆🍆

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Palin's fake bolted on smile reminds me of a telemarketer.  Can't believe so many Americans put "charisma" over knowledge and intelligence.  SMH

Fresh Prince

I've seen conservatives in fucking Australia link her 'small town charm' to that of Roosevelt, Reagen, Clinton etc except for the fact that she is dumb as a brick.

Debaser

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #2230 on: October 02, 2008, 11:02:41 PM »
Biden did way better than I thought he would. I knew he'd destroy her but I didn't think he'd be able to do it without coming off as mean or "picking on her," but he pulled it off. He won this and everyone knows it.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2231 on: October 02, 2008, 11:04:43 PM »
This lady on CNN right now is distinguished mentally-challenged.

Palin did um, a lot, um, good, um, she, um, made sure, um...
püp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Far too much Palin praise.  I got to study for a test.  When I wake up, I better hope that tomorrow, everyone admits that Biden won it.
🍆🍆

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #2233 on: October 02, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »
Far too much Palin praise.  I got to study for a test.  When I wake up, I better hope that tomorrow, everyone admits that Biden won it.

I think most of the media realizes and is saying right now that Biden won.  CNN at least is anyway.
püp

huckleberry

I bet Biden was seething inside at not being able to do a full frontal assault on her; something he does so well.  He did a good job of not attacking her so much as attacking McCain.

Palin did a pretty good job in that debate...no matter what you think of her tactics.  I still don't believe that it will matter in the bigger picture.  The election is way too important to vote for a ticket based on who is the VP pick.
wub

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
pundits were declaring a mccain victory over obama, too, and we all know how that turned out

this is just classic contrarianism from the msm, and the love of an underdog narrative
duc

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #2236 on: October 02, 2008, 11:07:43 PM »
Jesus christ, "Rollins" went nuts with the Vote-o-Tron.

Palin did better than everyone thought, but performed about as well as a junior senator. As in the last debate, the Obama/Biden team did a much better, albeit less spectacular, job. And the buzz always goes to McCain/Palin, but the votes swing to O/B.
wha

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Did I fall into some sort of worm hole?  Am I in some other dimension?  How in the world can their be this much positivity surrounding Palin following that performance? 

Ridiculous.
Tacos

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
As a reasonably intelligent, no-bullshit liberal from the East Coast, Palin comes across as soooo fake and condescending, I swear if I heard her say "you're darn right" once more I would have attempted to strangle myself to death with my Wiimote+Nunchuck. I really liked Biden, I thought he had a very weak start but as soon as he got into the flow of things, he was right on the money. He was to the point, and did what he was supposed to do (i.e. skip the small fry and go after McCain - linking his policies to the Bush administration).

Unfortunately, "hockey moms" and "small town America" are gonna eat Palin's shit up like it was free junk food.
^_^

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #2239 on: October 02, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »
Did I fall into some sort of worm hole?  Am I in some other dimension?  How in the world can their be this much positivity surrounding Palin following that performance? 

Ridiculous.

Because she didn't look like a complete idiot. She dodged questions like a Bush instead of like a mongoloid.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
yeah i don't think that this will really help mccain's flagging campaign at all, which is good enough for me

i feel kinda bad for viz though because he'll still be stuck with her after this is over
pcp

Beezy

i feel kinda bad for viz though because he'll still be stuck with her after this is over
:lol

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
random: Wouldn't it have been more interesting to have Biden debate McCain, and Obama debate Palin?
vjj

Smooth Groove

Did Palin handle the vampires well during the 30 days of night?  That's important to know in a time of war!

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
I want to see Hillary vs Sarah.  Skins vs blouses.
Tacos

Akala

• Easy Victor
After the first five minutes we decided to take a shot ever ytime she said maverick. I don't think it's hit me really yet, but we pulled a game changer when she started saying nucular.

I kind of wish biden wouldn't have worn kid gloves for most of it. god damn she's awful. >:(

Fresh Prince

She did badly everyone knew she was coached to hell and back and she still stumbled.

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
someday, perhaps two years from now during the palin presidency, americans will look back and wistfully remember those days when men and women were free
wtc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I thought she came off as condescending and smarmy, and she rambled a lot of non-answers.  Biden clearly came off as more knowledgable.  As I said earlier, the expectations were so low that this mediocre debate outing is going to be touted as northing short of a political comeback.  Got to love America!
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Palin did better with men the women. Jesus Christ, was everyone beating off?

<_<

>_>

<_<

>_>

:)
duc

Debaser

« Reply #2250 on: October 02, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »
Did anyone else notice Palin's total dodge of every question involving a choice?

What initiative might you have to sacrifice as a result of the economy? "None of them!"
Which would you make a priority, Iran or Pakistan? "They're both important!"
What's your real greatest weakness? "Don't have one!"

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #2251 on: October 02, 2008, 11:36:31 PM »
What's your real greatest weakness? "Don't have one!"

No, her Achilles Heel is that she has executive experience and is from Alaska, where they have lots of energy.
wtc

« Reply #2252 on: October 02, 2008, 11:38:03 PM »
Given the laughs by the Jim Lehrer's guests when someone stated kiddingly, "Answer the question!", Palin's evasiveness is one of the emerging narratives.  Fuck, these are the kind of people who attempt at all cost to intelligence come off as impartial (finding equal criticism in all gaffes no matter the magnitude) and even they couldn't deny their giggle-reflex.

Oh and, :bawl David Brooks :bawl  Better get back to writing about bobos...

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Palin held her own very well. I thought she performed far better than McCain last week, in part because she actually remembered the talking points. McCain really dropped the ball with respect to Iran and the campaign suspension; tonight Palin hammered both issues effectively.

That being said, she did not do a good job making the case for change. She kept mentioning Maverick/change arguments yet everytime Biden pressed her she dodged. She refused to even talk about differences between McCain and Bush - something McCain did far better last week. That's the only area she failed at

Biden hammered home the point, almost to a point of boredom. He did his job, made the case, and won the debate. But I definitely think Palin did well

Akala

• Easy Victor
Palin's fake bolted on smile reminds me of a telemarketer.  Can't believe so many Americans put "charisma" over knowledge and intelligence.  SMH

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
ouch the small towneness hurts my ears. 

As someone from a suburb of one of the world's greatest cities:

:piss Small-town America :piss2

Nobody gives a shit about you, your 2 traffic lights, and your Wal Mart.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

Also I agree with Kos about the emotional highpoint being Palin throwing Biden that weak softball hit on family issues that allowed him to bring up him family. When he first brought up his dead wife I was taken aback in a negative manner but as he choked up it really felt real. Palin fucked up there.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
My two cents on this is that Palin did enough to make the people already voting for the McCain/Palin ticket feel better about their choice. She didn't make any huge mistakes and she stuck to the script well. She certainly came off better here than in the interviews, although I don't think the format of the debate allowed her to be pressed hard enough, oddly enough.

However, Joe Biden very clearly won that debate. He was much more in tune with the public on issues from the economy, health care, international politics, etc. It wasn't really a fair fight, so that much at least went as expected. So while Palin comforted the base to some degree, I don't think any undecideds are going to break for McCain/Palin as a result of her better-than-expected performance. The early poll returns, at least from what CNN reported, have Joe Biden winning, as well.

Mandark

• Icon
Recorded the debate but haven't seen it yet.

Evilbore, I demand summaries!

Smooth Groove

Telemarketing vs Oscar quality acting/crying

Guess who did what. 

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are

Palin: "John McCain is a maverick! Alaska has a lot of oil!"

Biden: "I love John McCain. :heartbeat. Vote for Obama."

Phoenix Dark

Biden: McCain McCain McCain
Palin: Maverick Maverick Maverick

MrAngryFace

I will say, having seen this tonight, but never really following him before he joined Obama, I think pretty highly of him.
o_0

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
HAY GUYS DID YOU KNOW JOHN MCCAIN IS A MAVERICK?

THAT'S WHAT SARAH PALIN WANTS YOU TO KNOW

Jesus Christ, if it wasn't blatantly obvious that Palin isn't ready to lead an intelligent discussion much less a country then I don't know if it ever will be. And the sad thing is, people are distinguished mentally-challenged enough to eat that shit up.

HLR

Embassy in Jerusalem? You dumb bitch, have you been to Israel? No, you haven't. That would be one of the dumbest things you could possibly do in the region.

I've been to Israel twice, I bet I know more about the region than she does.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I will say, having seen this tonight, but never really following him before he joined Obama, I think pretty highly of him.

Totally agreed with you on this. :bow Biden :bow2

I swear if I had a dime for every time Palin mentioned Alaska's natural resources...
^_^

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
Reform maverick USA

It's a bit comical to consider that if that particular ticket wins, American pride will be a bit of a joke all around.

I don't think Palin knows much about anything outside of Alaska. It's pretty damned sad.

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Embassy in Jerusalem? You dumb bitch, have you been to Israel? No, you haven't. That would be one of the dumbest things you could possibly do in the region.

Seriously, I said to my friends whenever she said that "I wonder how long it would take for terrorists to destroy that. I'd say about five seconds."
HLR

duckman2000

At least he called her on the maverick crap though. A bit late, but I assume his outburst came from genuine frustration.

Phoenix Dark

Seems like the snap polls and focus groups are showing people think Biden won by large margins. After the debate I couldn't honestly tell how people would react, which is the opposite of how I felt after the Obama/McCain debate.

[youtube=425,350]pC1W1_sTgFE[/youtube]

Look at how the bars change as Biden gets personal, and then watch how they drop right after Palin starts talking. Wow.

duckman2000

My two cents on this is that Palin did enough to make the people already voting for the McCain/Palin ticket feel better about their choice. She didn't make any huge mistakes and she stuck to the script well. She certainly came off better here than in the interviews, although I don't think the format of the debate allowed her to be pressed hard enough, oddly enough.

Your "debates" are just incredible. Heavily moderated, everyone needs to get their turn, and let's never stretch any one issue lest we run the risk of having to exclude one of our other questions. I'm wondering how the average American would react was he or she to observe electoral campaigns in other nations. Palin would probably be flabberghasted.

And honestly, she calls herself an average middle class American?

On a separate note, did Biden choke up a bit there when talking about his family?

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
At least he called her on the maverick crap though. A bit late, but I assume his outburst came from genuine frustration.

I was pretty impressed with that.

I was also pretty impressed with how he almost started crying. Then I thought better of that.
HLR

"BIG O!! IT'S SHOWTIME!!!"
野球

duckman2000

I was also pretty impressed with how he almost started crying. Then I thought better of that.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how honest that was. Then again, good acting is another necessary talent.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how honest that was. Then again, good acting is another necessary talent.

His wife and daughter were killed in a car crash. I don't think that's something I could ever get over.
野球

MrAngryFace

Yeah, I believed it. I DONT HAVE A COLD EVILBORIAN HEART
o_0

duckman2000

I'm a very cynical person. For good reason, but for the record, I did buy into at the time.

Phoenix Dark

That was definitely real. It really seemed like he was having flashbacks or something

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind

His wife and daughter were killed in a car crash. I don't think that's something I could ever get over.

Well, I don't know how I feel. I felt as if he got too emotionally involved, but seriously, that was awesome that he responded to Palin's soccer mom bullshit with some genuine feeling.

"I'm a mom and I know how to raise kids"

"Well, my wife and daughter died in a fucking car crash and I had to raise two kids alone *tear*"

HLR

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
MY FAMILY DIED BITCH TAKE YOUR HOCKEY MOM SCHTICK AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR PURITAN ASS
PSP