Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 464228 times)

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
You know what, that's a genuinely well made piece. Like, well produced.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
wow low blow from mccain.  dude must be furious at the keating 5 shit.

update:  just watched it.   :lol  obama's taking the gloves off finally.

http://www.barackobama.com/images/keating/keatingeconomics.mov

Shit, they have fast servers. 1.6 MB/sec

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Haw haw, I wonder how much people are gonna want to hear about Bill Ayers tomorrow after the Dow does another nose dive today.

SELL YOUR CAMPBELL'S SOUP, IT'S ALL OVER!
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I don't think you understand the enormity of this...Obama once went to the house of a person who was a leftist radical in the 60s, thirty years before Obama ever met him.

IN HIS HOUSE! ONCE!
乱学者

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #2464 on: October 06, 2008, 02:54:07 PM »
Quote from: Crazy Old Man
My opponent has invited serious questioning by announcing a few weeks ago that he would quote — "take off the gloves." Since then, whenever I have questioned his policies or his record, he has called me a liar.

Rather than answer his critics, Senator Obama will try to distract youfrom noticing that he never answers the serious and legitimate
questions he has been asked. But let me reply in the plainest terms I know. I don't need lessons about telling the truth to American people. And were I ever to need any improvement in that regard, I probably wouldn't seek advice from a Chicago politician.

My opponent's touchiness every time he is questioned about his record should make us only more concerned. For a guy who's already authored two memoirs, he's not exactly an open book. It's as if somehow the usual rules don't apply, and where other candidates have to explain themselves and their records, Senator Obama seems to think he is above all that. Whatever the question, whatever the issue, there's always a back story with Senator Obama. All people want to know is: What has this man ever actually accomplished in government? What does he plan for America? In short: Who is the real Barack Obama? But ask such questions and all you get in response is another barrage of angry insults.

Our current economic crisis is a good case in point. What was his actual record in the years before the great economic crisis of our
lifetimes?

This crisis started in our housing market in the form of subprime loans that were pushed on people who could not afford them. Bad
mortgages were being backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and it was only a matter of time before a contagion of unsustainable debt began to spread. This corruption was encouraged by Democrats in Congress, and abetted by Senator Obama.

Senator Obama has accused me of opposing regulation to avert this crisis. I guess he believes if a lie is big enough and repeated often
enough it will be believed. But the truth is I was the one who called at the time for tighter restrictions on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
that could have helped prevent this crisis from happening in the first place.

Senator Obama was silent on the regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and his Democratic allies in Congress opposed every effort to rein them in. As recently as September of last year he said that subprime loans had been, quote, "a good idea." Well, Senator Obama,
that "good idea" has now plunged this country into the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. To hear him talk now, you'd think he'd always opposed the dangerous practices at these institutions. But there is absolutely nothing in his record to suggest he did. He was surely familiar with the people who were creating this problem. The executives of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have advised him, and he has taken their money for his campaign. He has received more money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac than any other senator in history, with the exception of the chairman of the committee overseeing them. Did he ever talk to the executives
at Fannie and Freddie about these reckless loans? Did he ever discuss with them the stronger oversight I proposed? If Senator Obama is such a champion of financial regulation, why didn't he support these regulations that could have prevented this crisis in the first place?
He won't tell you, but you deserve an answer.

Who is the real Senator Obama? Is he the candidate who promises to cut middle class taxes, or the politician who voted to raise middle class taxes? Is he the candidate who talks about regulation or the politician who took money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and turned a blind eye as they ran our economy into a ditch?

Is he the candidate who promises change, or is he the politician who has bought into everything that is wrong with Washington? We can't change the system with someone who's never fought the system.

Washington is on the wrong track and I'm going to set it right. The American people know my record. They know I am going to change
Washington, because I've done it before. They know I'm going to reform our broken institutions in Washington and on Wall Street because I've done it before. They know I'm going to deliver relief to the middle class, because that's what I've done.

Has McCain gone completely off his rocker? Does he know what he is saying anymore? He's starting to project himself onto Obama.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 02:56:37 PM by distantmantra »
野球

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Quote from: McCain
Since then, whenever
I have questioned his policies or his record, he has called me a liar.
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Is he really insinuating that those lies were not lies?
©ZH

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #2466 on: October 06, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »
Quote from: McCain
Since then, whenever
I have questioned his policies or his record, he has called me a liar.
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Is he really insinuating that those lies were not lies?

Well, in his PTSD'd Alzheimer's brain, yes, they're not lies.
野球

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
mccain should avoid drinking scotch before writing his blog entries.  he's worse than drunk evilborians posting new topics.
pyh

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
mccain should avoid drinking scotch before writing his blog entries.  he's worse than drunk evilborians posting new topics.
Nah, I still respect the drunk posters.
©ZH

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
 :lol
pyh

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
wow, that is a total regret-it-in-the-morning drunkpost

good jon McCain
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
this is kind of awesome, actually

we've moved from "ailing" to full-on "imploding"

total incoherence, racism, and paranoid psychosis

and there's still four weeks to go!

Previous record:

乱学者

Flannel Boy

• Icon
I don't know, I rather like a man who's not afraid to drink and post.

edit: This is a man who has never read Strunk and White.

"Rather than answer his critics, Senator Obama will try to distract you from noticing that he never answers the serious and legitimate
questions he has been asked."

Senator Obama is attempting to distract you from his unwillingness to answer tough questions.

27 words down to 14!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:34:55 PM by Night Man »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Senator Obama is attempting to distract you from his unwillingness to answer tough questions.
vvv
Senator Obama hopes you won't notice he's unwilling to answer tough questions.

12 words, your move
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:03:17 PM by Synthesizer Patel »
乱学者

Flannel Boy

• Icon
vvv

12 words, your move

Obama is black

Three words, your move

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
NEGRO!

I win
乱学者

Flannel Boy

• Icon
NEGRO!

I win
;) ;) *nudge *nudge

zero words, your move

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
The Palin Gambit! Curses!

I want to win at any cost. But at this point, the only way to have fewer than zero words...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
...is to go completely negative.
[close]

GAME. SET. MATCH.
乱学者

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Tucker Carlson said that everyone knew that McCain being compared to Bush was "totally ludicrous" and a tactic that didn't work.

hurrrrrrrr
püp

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i am ignoring BOTH candidates and voting for that awesome malek/patel exchange as our new leader
duc

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2481 on: October 06, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »
The Springsteen concert rocked :rock

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:34:17 PM by Thanks But No Thanks »

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
vvv

12 words, your move

Senator Obama dodges tough questions and hopes you don't notice.

10 words  :)

Although you're moving the goalposts a bit by switching out the 'hopes' clause for the 'attempting' one (with 'attempting to distract' being much more proactive).
vjj

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2484 on: October 06, 2008, 09:48:31 PM »
The "Other" theme is simply being embraced officially by the GOP; email smears have been doing this more blatantly for months. Damn, the McCain camp really jumped on this narrative like clock work, using the NY Times article as a spring board. I wonder why...

new Rasmussen battleground polls
Colorado 10/5, 1,000 LV 3%
Obama 51, McCain 45, Barr 1, Nader 1, McKinney 1

Florida 10/5, 1,000 LV 3%
Obama 52, McCain 45, Nader 1, Barr 0, McKinney 0

Missouri 10/5, 1,000 LV 3%
Obama 50, McCain 47, Barr 1, Nader 1, McKinney 0

Ohio 10/5, 1,000 LV 3%
McCain 48, Obama 47, Barr 1, Nader 1, McKinney 0

Virginia 10/5, 1,000 LV 3%
Obama 50, McCain 48, Barr 1, Nader 0, McKinney 0

Check out the flurry of polls on Political Wire, all of which show McCain in deep doo doo
http://politicalwire.com/

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
MMA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2487 on: October 06, 2008, 10:58:18 PM »
oh shit  :o
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/in-georgia-small-improvements-in-black.html

I just wonder about voter intimidation/suppression in places like Georgia. Will those votes be counted, absentee and otherwise?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2488 on: October 06, 2008, 11:18:05 PM »
oh shit  :o
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/in-georgia-small-improvements-in-black.html

I just wonder about voter intimidation/suppression in places like Georgia. Will those votes be counted, absentee and otherwise?

The answer to that question is as simple as this:  is the secretary of state Republican or Democrat?  If Republican, then no.
yar

hmm, you know i think the Keating 5 angle from Obama is fair.  Just that the delivery is somewhat close to what you would expect from teh GOP.

Keating 5, unlike the Ayer/Wrights attack, is relevant to the issues....ie. assuming Mccain did get "pleasured" and did back hand deals or vacations or whatever happened.  Then YES, it is relevant and Obama should follow that path.

I think what some of you has spooked is because of the delivery.  The 13min documentary that someone just posted is a bit 'creepy Swiftboat' with the narrator voice, the weirdo music.  But that's just it.  The documentary's tone is sleazy.  But the issue/incident itself is fair game.
Crm

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2490 on: October 06, 2008, 11:27:45 PM »
plus while the Keating 5 is old history, it's not old to most voters. Whereas Ayers/Wright/etc are like hella old

MrAngryFace

almost older than obama by 8 years!
o_0

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
Tonya

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
You know what kinda bring s a smile to my face?  538's color map has Texas as a shade of pink instead of a solid red.

:)

That's pretty awesome, tbh.
püp

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
You know what kinda bring s a smile to my face?  538's color map has Texas as a shade of pink instead of a solid red.

yeah, I found out that my Dallas suburb which went 90% plus for Bush in 00 and 04 is now 47 Obama, 45 McCain

McCain will still win the state, but seeds are being sown
乱学者

MrAngryFace

o_0

^ hmm, yeah ive forgotten about the possibility of threat to Obama's life.  Fortunately, I still think Mccain has a very strong chance of victory.  It's great that I've future-proof'd myself from electoral dissapointment
Crm

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon

yeah, I found out that my Dallas suburb which went 90% plus for Bush in 00 and 04 is now 47 Obama, 45 McCain

One of the most pivotal legislative debates in the next congress will be over immigration reform, and it's there that the House GOP will really be starting into the abyss. Do they embrace lenient, humane, and Democratic-sponsored legislation that will give amnesty to workers, enraging their xenophobic base? Or do they oppose and try to block it, likely ruining the party's standing even more with Hispanics for years and years to come?

Texas is probably only reliably Republican for another eight or twelve years at most, if all else remains equal after the current realignment in progress solidifies (it will be complete in 2010, barring some sort of unexpected GOP surge). After that it will be increasingly difficult for Republicans to hold.
hex

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

One of the most pivotal legislative debates in the next congress will be over immigration reform, and it's there that the House GOP will really be starting into the abyss. Do they embrace lenient, humane, and Democratic-sponsored legislation that will give amnesty to workers, enraging their xenophobic base? Or do they oppose and try to block it, likely ruining the party's standing even more with Hispanics for years and years to come?

Texas is probably only reliably Republican for another eight or twelve years at most, if all else remains equal after the current realignment in progress solidifies (it will be complete in 2010, barring some sort of unexpected GOP surge). After that it will be increasingly difficult for Republicans to hold.

and good luck getting to 270 without CA or TX!
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Or NY, IL, MI, etc.  Man I hope I live to see the death of the Republican Party in my lifetime.
yar

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #2500 on: October 07, 2008, 11:08:34 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/06/mccain-does-nothing-as-cr_n_132366.html

Nothing new. This is always the type of supporters you are going to draw when your ticket is an old, detached man and a crazy Jesus following middle aged unintelligent woman. Plus, they are running against a black man. Guaranteed racism and crazy people.
HLR

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #2501 on: October 07, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
So, I might get to SEE BARACK OBAMA SPEAK on Thursday in Cincinnati. I might even get to meet him. He's having a rally in a park and my college may be letting me drive campus vehicles to see Obama speak on Thursday.

I'm EXCITED.
HLR

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2502 on: October 07, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
Quote from: Dana Milbank
Worse, Palin's routine attacks on the media have begun to spill into ugliness. In Clearwater, arriving reporters were greeted with shouts and taunts by the crowd of about 3,000. Palin then went on to blame Katie Couric's questions for her "less-than-successful interview with kinda mainstream media." At that, Palin supporters turned on reporters in the press area, waving thunder sticks and shouting abuse. Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy."

That's completely awful and unsurprising.

The GOP has nothing left to run on except bitterness and schadenfreude--directed at immigrants, foreigners, reporters, professors, minorities, gays--and Palin has become its avatar.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
well this is wonderful

Others hurled obscenities at a camera crew. One Palin supporter shouted a racial epithet at an African American sound man for a network and told him, "Sit down, boy."

"whut they call you at the network, boy?'

"they call me MISTER sound man."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 02:39:04 PM by Eric P »
Tonya

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2504 on: October 07, 2008, 02:34:54 PM »
The disgusting thing is that McCain/Palin are not only fanning the flames, they aren't even repudiating this nonsense. Even a humor tinged rebuke would have been better than McCain's silence when someone in the crowd yelled that Obama was a traitor. And I saw a report about a Palin rally where someone yelled out "kill him!"

Clearly this is Anything Goes month

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
yea it's getting pretty ugly.  bad idea to play the race and terrorists cards so late in the campaign.   it's gonna backfire.  i hope obama tears mccain a new one tonight.
pyh

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Consumer confidence is at 4%! With the present economic conditions, the candidate of the incumbent party has no shot in hell of winning the election.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
John McCain Talking Points:

1. Tell the American people that Barack Obama is a distinguished black fellow exotic and mysterious!

2. He has written two books and co-sponsored several major pieces of legislation, but let's lie and tell people he hasn't!

3. He refuses to answer his critics and distracts us with substance liberal media bias!

4. He's switched his position on campaign financing in the middle of the election and lied to the American people!

5. Who is the REAL Barack Obama?  I don't think you want one of them dating your daughter you should vote for a candidate with no history!
PSP

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2508 on: October 07, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »
John McCain would rather lose the plot than lose an election.

MrAngryFace

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/07/fox-news-the-facts-are-no_n_132682.html

as a side note, I am absolutely terrified at the concept of Palin running for President in 2012; I only hope that should people become dissatisfied with Obama over four years, should he be elected, that Hillary swoop in and show us how to kick ass.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2510 on: October 07, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/07/fox-news-the-facts-are-no_n_132682.html

as a side note, I am absolutely terrified at the concept of Palin running for President in 2012; I only hope that should people become dissatisfied with Obama over four years, should he be elected, that Hillary swoop in and show us how to kick ass.

fuck, can't find the link now but I was reading an interesting article on Palin's political future. Basically it said she COULD run in 2012 and get swamped by Obama, assuming she even got the nomination - or she could flirt with entering the race but ultimately not enter, letting Huck/Romney/etc get swamped by Obama. That way she could build up her resume in Alaska while becoming a champion of a particular issue, say healthcare (like Hillary) while also doing charitable stuff overseas (say working on the AIDS epidemic in Africa with Bono). She's young enough so that she could run in 2016 or 2020 as a more experienced politician

Seems like the logical thing to do but the article also pointed out that Palin seems to think she's ready to be president right now, and this VP odyssey has only bolstered that inner belief. In other words it seems like her hubris would cause her to not "learn up" on any particular issue and instead jump into the wolf pit in 2012, surrounded by the same fools who ran McCain's camp into the ground

It would be so hilarious seeing all the more qualified VP candidates ripping her to shreds in debates and attack ads. Plus I can't wait to see who wins the battle of the fundie primary votes, Palin or my man Huck

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Given that the fundies are at heart mean, evil bastards they will of course side with Palin over friendly Gov. Fuckabee.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2512 on: October 07, 2008, 05:13:40 PM »
Yea, she really is on a blood path right now. Huck jabbed Romney on his religion but never really seemed to unleash any major attacks. I wonder how he'd be doing against Obama right now

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #2513 on: October 07, 2008, 05:16:35 PM »
Yea, she really is on a blood path right now. Huck jabbed Romney on his religion but never really seemed to unleash any major attacks. I wonder how he'd be doing against Obama right now

Better than McCain, fer sure.  McCain just seems old and angry every time he say something negative, Huckabee had the disarming ability to be friendly even when he was going negative.  Of course, Huckabee would probably be an even worse President than anyone but Sarah Palin.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2514 on: October 07, 2008, 05:17:58 PM »
I bet Huck would have NC, Virginia, and Florida on lock. Dunno how he'd do in the Michigan/Ohio/Colorado/NM.

treythemovie

Imagine if Obama actually beat McCain tonight in either voter polls or pundit analysis. He would be so pissed. I'd hate to see what Schmidt would convience him to do then :/

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB

I still think the best RNC chance for 2012 would be to try to convince Petraeus to run.  I don't think he is interested in politics at the moment, but 4 years could make a difference.
serge

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
What's tonight's debate about?

EvilBoris

love

MrAngryFace

its town hall, so its up to the people in the room to decide what its about. If they wanna piss McCain off, the economy. If they wanna make sweet love to the 72 year old man, Foreign Policy.
o_0