Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 464180 times)

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
seriously, IQ limits on voting rights. NOW.

I second this, along with IQ requirements for driver's license and stock market participation.
jon

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.

I second this, along with IQ requirements for driver's license and stock market participation.

and baby makers.
:)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
[

EAT OUR FUD AMERICA, EAT IT.
In the name of the lord, no less. ::)
©ZH

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7661758.stm

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaa

If you can't see through this pitiful sham of a campaign, you have no right deciding who leads the most powerful nation in the world.

"Change? omg it's so risky!"

EAT OUR FUD AMERICA, EAT IT.

i mean, seriously, this line of "he's friends with the guy who bombed the pentegon!"... didn't the republicans sign a load of arms deals with Iraq back in the day? Doesn't that make them friends with Hussain and thereby, by their own bullshit, Al Q sponsors?

I've always laughed at the fact that immigrants have to pass a test I probably couldnt pass, but I still get to vote. I mean if they made a test for voting id study and pass it, but its really stupid that some moron with no concept of what goes on outside of his crazy inbred racist town can just cancel someones vote.
o_0

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
Too risky? Isn't John McCain the "MAVERICK"?
wha

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #2645 on: October 09, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »
[youtube=425,350]A_MEZHKjGE4[/youtube]

GIBBS AGAIN :bow

Fox and Friends is a fucking joke  :lol

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Show should be called Fox and sheep.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #2647 on: October 09, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
The funny thing is that right after Gibbs mentioned the AP article where the woman said she was "ecstatic" Obama mentioned her son, the Fox dude stuttered a bit and then kept mentioning the exact same talking points. Holy shit

And I bet they continued to hammer that story for the rest of the day. Nothing is working for these people

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2648 on: October 09, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »
McCain's game is craps. So is Jeff Dearth's. Jeff was at the table when McCain showed up and happily made room for him. Apparently there is some kind of rule or tradition in craps that everyone's hands are supposed to be above the table when the dice are about to be thrown. McCain--"very likely distracted by one of the many people who approached him that evening," Jeff says charitably--apparently was violating this rule. A small middle-aged woman at the table, apparently a "regular," reached out and pulled McCain's arm away. I'll let Jeff take over the story:

"McCain immediately turned to the woman and said between clenched teeth: 'DON'T TOUCH ME.' The woman started to explain...McCain interrupted her: 'DON'T TOUCH ME,' he repeated viciously. The woman again tried to explain. 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO?' McCain continued, his voice rising and his hands now raised in the 'bring it on' position. He was red-faced. By this time all the action at the table had stopped. I was completely shocked. McCain had totally lost it, and in the space of about ten seconds. 'Sir, you must be courteous to the other players at the table,' the pit boss said to McCain. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? ASK ANYBODY AROUND HERE WHO I AM."

This being Puerto Rico, the pit boss might not have known McCain. But the senator continued in full fury--"DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING TO? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"--and crisis was avoided only when Jeff offered to change places and stand between McCain and the woman who had touched his arm.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/09/report-mccain-exploded-wi_n_133242.html

holy shit

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
538.com now shows West Virginia to be the lightest shade of red.  Montana, North Dakota, and the Omaha area of Nebraska are also getting lighter and lighter shades of red.  I think it is possible for Obama to get the EVs there soon.

I would be awesome if Georgia, Texas, and Mississippi go to Obama as well but that doesn't seem too likely... for now.
🍆🍆

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Texas is pretty pink now though.  I mentioned it earlier, but that's really quite shocking.
püp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2651 on: October 09, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »
Don't believe that. He's only using a few WV polling numbers and the ARG ones seem like shit to me. Obama up 1 in Minn? Yeah right.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2652 on: October 09, 2008, 03:23:26 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/07/politics/fromtheroad/entry4507703.shtml

Quote from: Dean Reynolds, CBS
The national headquarters in Chicago airily dismisses complaints from journalists wondering why a schedule cannot be printed up or at least e-mailed in time to make coverage plans. Nor is there much sympathy for those of us who report for a newscast that airs in the early evening hours. Our shows place a premium on live reporting from the scene of campaign events. But this campaign can often be found in the air and flying around at the time the "CBS Evening News with Katie Couric" is broadcast. I suspect there is a feeling within the Obama campaign that the broadcast networks are less influential in the age of the internet and thus needn't be accomodated as in the days of yore. Even if it's true, they are only hurting themselves by dissing audiences that run in the tens of millions every night.

The McCain folks are more helpful and generally friendly. The schedules are printed on actual books you can hold in your hand, read, and then plan accordingly. The press aides are more knowledgeable and useful to us in the news media. The events are designed with a better eye, and for the simple needs of the press corps. When he is available, John McCain is friendly and loquacious. Obama holds news conferences, but seldom banters with the reporters who've been following him for thousands of miles around the country. Go figure.

The McCain campaign plane is better than Obama's, which is cramped, uncomfortable and smells terrible most of the time. Somehow the McCain folks manage to keep their charter clean, even where the press is seated.

The other day in Albuquerque, N.M., the reporters were given almost no time to file their reports after McCain spoke. It was an important, aggressive speech, lambasting Obama's past associations. When we asked for more time to write up his remarks and prepare our reports, the campaign readily agreed to it. They understood.

Similar requests are often denied or ignored by the Obama campaign aides, apparently terrified that the candidate may have to wait 20 minutes to allow reporters to chronicle what he's just said. It's made all the more maddening when we are rushed to our buses only to sit and wait for 30 minutes or more because nobody seems to know when Obama is actually on the move.

Maybe none of this means much. Maybe a front-running campaign like Obama's that is focused solely on victory doesn't have the time to do the mundane things like print up schedules or attend to the needs of reporters.

But in politics, everything that goes around comes around.

Dean Reynolds, why do you want me to hate you?

The comments are sub-Youtube, too.

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
The other day in Albuquerque, N.M., the reporters were given almost no time to file their reports after McCain spoke. It was an important, aggressive speech, lambasting Obama's past associations. When we asked for more time to write up his remarks and prepare our reports, the campaign readily agreed to it. They understood.

You don't say  :lol  :(

Phoenix Dark

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
This fox news stuff if making me laugh.  I can't believe two fucking million people watch that shit. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2656 on: October 09, 2008, 04:17:47 PM »
George R.R. Martin adds his two cents

One of the reasons I started this Not-a-Blog was to have a place to talk about politics, and for more than a year now I have been intending to post some of my thoughts and opinions on the presidential campaign. It's been a busy year, however, and political posts demand more time and energy than I have had to spare, so as it happened I never got around to posting about the primaries, the conventions, or the debates. Aside from the "Books for Barack" plug in my last post, I have hardly commented on the election at all.

In view of what's happening right now, however, I find a need to say a word or three, even if it means taking a few hours off from DANCE WITH DRAGONS, the Vance anthology, SUICIDE KINGS, the WARRIORS anthology, and all the other projects that I am juggling.

I am referring, of course, to the McCain campaign's decision to go swiftboating. Instead of talking about the economy or the war or the other issues that confront the country, all of a sudden all they want to talk about is Obama serving on the board of a charity with a guy who was in the Weather Underground back in the 1960s.

If it wasn't so tragic, this would be funny. In her debate with Joe Biden, Sarah Palin tried to score points by arguing that Biden was talking about "the past" when he criticized the policies and mistakes of the Bush administration. She wasn't interested in talking about "the past," Palin said. Since the debate, however, Palin has talked about little else... and not last week or last year or four years ago, either, oh no, her interest is all in something that happened forty years ago, when Barack Obama was eight.

And now McCain has started in as well.

That saddens me. I'm an Obama supporter, make no mistake, and I'll be voting for him in a few weeks. Even so, a year ago I had a lot of respect for John McCain. I looked on him in the same way as I once looked on men like Barry Goldwater and William F. Buckley -- as a man of integrity and intelligence with whom I disagreed. (For the record, I looked on W as a man who combined the integrity of Richard Nixon with the intelligence of Dan Quayle). One of the things that I found most attractive about McCain was his insistence that he wanted to run a clean campaign on the issues.

That's gone now, it appears, and with it any respect I might have still retained for McCain. Faced with the spectre of defeat, he has turned to swiftboating, to the old tried-and-true tactic of guilt by association that was such a mainstay of HUAC and Tailgunner Joe back in the days of the Red Scare, one of the darkest epochs of American history.

Will it work? I hope not. Still, it worked in 2004, when a well-financed campaign of lies and character assassination destroyed John Kerry, a true American hero. I hope we have all learned better since then, but there's part of me that wonders.

Make no mistake. McCain and Palin are now appealing to the darkest elements in the American populace, as the shouts of "Treason" and "Kill him!" at their recent rallies make clear.

When a candidate, any candidate, engages in a campaign of character assassination, it says more about the character of the attacker than the target. What this says to me is that John McCain has abandoned his own ideals and principles, that he would do anything to win.

If I ever happened to be at one of those "town halls" that McCain likes so much, and if by some miracle I was actually allowed to ask a question, I know what that would be. I would ask him the same question that Joseph Welch asked Senator McCarthy at the Army-McCarthy Hearings, a question that still echoes down the halls of history:

"Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"
http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Great post George. Now finish the book dammit

MrAngryFace

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/27093072#27093072

Man, McCain supporters are crazy hordes
o_0

duckman2000

As said, it must be nice to lead the side that seemingly doesn't need to abide by reason and facts.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Obama bought a half hour of prime time on CBS- October 29th at 8 pm.  Apparently he's in negotiations with other networks to turn it into an across the board kind of thing.  I guess he did raise 100 million in September.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2660 on: October 09, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »
It'll probably be some autobiographical stuff plus policy details

I wonder what the political climate will look like on October 29th. Will we be looking back thinking "fuck, what happened" or will things be looking like they're looking now.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #2661 on: October 09, 2008, 05:14:05 PM »
It'll probably be some autobiographical stuff plus policy details

I wonder what the political climate will look like on October 29th. Will we be looking back thinking "fuck, what happened" or will things be looking like they're looking now.

My guess is that Michelle will be picking out drapes and furniture, and Chuck Schumer will be cackling as he ponders his 60 seat supermajority in the Senate.  Toxicadam and siamesedreamer will be trying to convince people that conservatism didn't really fail.  And I'll be drunker than God.
yar

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
conservatism didn't fail.

the current mainstream ideology of conservatism did.

part in handling and part in theory
Tonya

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2663 on: October 09, 2008, 05:17:31 PM »
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/nortons%20obama%20film%20on%20hold_1080488

Can't fucking wait for this. They've been shooting this FOREVER. It will cover more stuff than The War Room did

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Edward Norton as Barack Obama? Stunt casting total.
乱学者

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
The more likely Obama gets to winning this thing the more racists will be unabashed. If the polls keep going this way I expect some serious shit to go down at McCain\Palin rallies not some lone guy shouting 'kill him' but a chant.

MrAngryFace

o_0

duckman2000

That guy looks like McCain's own Niles Crane.

MrAngryFace

o_0

Fresh Prince

"Guy of the street' makes it sound like some 50's talk for a greaser.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2670 on: October 09, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
They aren't even trying to hide it now. And the sad thing is that Obama can't even defend himself or even mention being attacking on racial gorunds

Brehvolution

distinguished black fellow filter should be changed to 'guy of the streets.
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2672 on: October 09, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »
new Ras numbers
Florida 10/8, 700 LV, 4%
Obama 50, McCain 47

Indiana 10/7, 500 LV, 4.5%
McCain 50, Obama 43

Michigan 10/8, 500 LV, 4.5%
Obama 56, McCain 40

New Jersey 10/7, 500 LV, 4.5%
Obama 50, McCain 42
Sen: Lautenberg(D) 51, Zimmer (R-i) 37

North Carolina 10/8, 700 LV, 4%
Obama 49, McCain 48

no wonder they're freaking out

Pulling out of Michigan was the dumbest thing they've done. What was a 6-8 point Obama lead has now doubled, and the Michigan GOP is pissed.

Fresh Prince

[youtube=425,350]ZBAAW2e3Z08[/youtube]
*smh* When will musicians learn to shut the fuck up.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I'm with Kos

it's not about winning anymore

we're gonna win!

it's about breaking their backs and leaving them in the desert to die
乱学者

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Shangri-Las song about Obama:

[youtube=425,350]NHYFpLJbIgE[/youtube]
乱学者

duckman2000

I'm thinking I might author some crazy conspiracy email about Obama and release it into the email stream of my acquired family, just to see how long it'd take before I'd hear it mentioned by some Ohio republican. Anyone have any good ideas?

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Obama is secretly white but suffers from reverse-vitiligo, or ogilitiv.

A week ago, the McCain attacks made me furious, but now I just laugh. Have you seen the new 90-second Ayers spot?

[youtube=425,350]ONfJ7YSXE5w[/youtube]

Seriously, this is just slickly produced wingnut e-mail forward shit. No human being will see that and believe it.

I also get an increasing kick out of the chipper "McCain-Palin" logo jingle at the end of the hyper-negative spots.
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2678 on: October 09, 2008, 07:00:38 PM »
A few Republican operatives, who declined to be named, offered blunt criticism.

The McCain campaign is “a joke,” one said. “There’s not a campaign in Nevada. A couple of guys, running around, being incompetent. Or even worse, arrogantly incompetent.”

The consultant said there was no discernible McCain ground game, which is political jargon for the massive effort needed to find likely supporters and get them to the polls.

He did hedge a bit, saying that if some earth-shattering event were to occur, McCain could still win in Nevada. Otherwise: “There’s not one single positive note for Republicans. I couldn’t be more pessimistic.”

The gloom is not surprising, given national polls showing Obama opening a lead and McCain playing defense in traditionally Republican states, which had included Nevada until Democratic registration drives have given the party an advantage of 80,000 voters.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/

womp womp wompppp

Iowa+Colorado+NM+Nevada=Obama win. And that's without the big prize states like Ohio and Florida, which are obviously trending towards Obama but are so crazy who knows what'll happen

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2679 on: October 09, 2008, 07:05:55 PM »
Shangri-Las song about Obama:

[youtube=425,350]NHYFpLJbIgE[/youtube]

God damn you I was going to post this exact same thing!

I'll bide my time until someone calls Obama the leader of a pack and we'll see who posts the Youtube then.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #2680 on: October 09, 2008, 07:08:12 PM »

I'll bide my time until someone calls Obama the leader of a pack and we'll see who posts the Youtube then.

"Barack Obama enjoys the "wall of sound" vocal stylings of 60s girl group The Shangri-Las...a gang of three underage girls produced by convicted murderer Phil Spector. How disrespectful."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:10:15 PM by Synthesizer Patel »
乱学者

Fresh Prince

Isn't there a way to get McCain on slander.

"Barack Obama enjoys the "wall of sound" vocal stylings of 60s girl group The Shangri-Las...a gang of three underage girls produced by convicted murderer Phil Spector. How disrespectful."
johnny's in the basement mixing up the medicine/ i'm on the pavement thinking about the government
Crm

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2683 on: October 09, 2008, 09:41:11 PM »
In an interview with the sympathetic conservative talk radio host this afternoon, Obama offered the clearest explanation yet of how an extremely careful politician allowed himself anywhere near a former '60s radical who would become a Republican target in this year's presidential campaign.

Obama "had assumed" from Bill Ayers' stature in Chicago, he told the Philadelphia-based Michael Smerconish, that Ayers had been "rehabilitated" since his 1960s crimes.

In the interview, which was taped this afternoon and will air tomorrow, and which you can listen to above,  Obama recalled moving back to Chicago after law school, and becoming involved in civic life there.

"The gentleman in question, Bill Ayers, is a college professor, teaches education at the University of Illinois," he said. "That's how i met him -- working on a school reform project that was funded by an ambassador and very close friend of Ronald Reagan's" along with "a bunch of conservative businessmen and civic leaders."

"Ultimately, I ended up learning about the fact that he had engaged in this reprehensible act 40 years ago, but I was eight years old at the time and I assumed that he had been rehabilitated," Obama said.

That may not have been an unreasonable assumption for Obama in the 1990s. Though Ayers never repented his part in the Weather Underground bombings, he had not yet become notorious for advertising them. That notoriety returned in 2001, when he published his memoir, "Fugitive Days," and reminisced about the bombings in a New York Times interview that happened to appear September 11 of that year.

"This guy is not part of my inner circle, he doesn't advise my campaign, he's not going to advise me as president," Obama assured listeners.

Obama also lashed McCain for focusing on Ayers on a day of dramatic economic turmoil, calling th issue a "red herring."

"The fact that Senator McCain wants to make this the centerpiece of his campaign is pretty remarkable," he said. "We are going through an enormous challenge right now. "

"Senator McCain surely doesn't believe that I've endorsed any of the actions that [Ayers] has taken," he said. "They're trying to distract from the economy."

"We've got the biggest economic crisis on our hands since the Great Depression and Senator McCain's team has said in the newspapers, they've said it publicly, 'If we talk about the economy, then we lose the election,'" Obama said.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/  (audio at link)

Different account than the one Gibbs has given, which claims Obama didn't know who Ayers was when they first met.

duckman2000

« Reply #2684 on: October 09, 2008, 09:57:42 PM »
Different account than the one Gibbs has given, which claims Obama didn't know who Ayers was when they first met.

Huh? ""Ultimately, I ended up learning about the fact that he had engaged in this reprehensible act 40 years ago" Obama said.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2685 on: October 09, 2008, 10:03:31 PM »
ah you're right, nm.

MrAngryFace

o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2687 on: October 09, 2008, 10:10:19 PM »
fuck haters Silverman is funny and hot

So... is the Troopergate report still coming out tomorrow?
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2689 on: October 09, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »
Yes. Apparently the McCain camp is planning a major offensive to distract from it, which suggests the report will have damaging evidence.

From Drudge:
WASH TIMES Friday: Obama secretly tried to sway Iraqi government to ignore Bush deal on keeping troops in Iraq... Developing...

It's an old charge that the Obama camp has already dealt with. If this is all they have - especially coming from a conservative source like the Washington Times - smh

« Reply #2690 on: October 09, 2008, 10:46:40 PM »
Yes. Apparently the McCain camp is planning a major offensive to distract from it, which suggests the report will have damaging evidence.

I'm heading out to the middle of nowhere and hanging out at a cabin with friends all weekend around 2pm PST. No radio, no TV, and our only electricity is from a gas powered generator. I sure hope it comes out before then!
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2691 on: October 09, 2008, 10:52:41 PM »
Give me your wife's number and I'll call if anything comes

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2693 on: October 10, 2008, 12:00:50 AM »
If you vote in the game you vote in real life

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Change You Can B3LI3V3 InTM
乱学者

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever

I'm heading out to the middle of nowhere and hanging out at a cabin with friends all weekend around 2pm PST. No radio, no TV, and our only electricity is from a gas powered generator. I sure hope it comes out before then!

You may be the EB'er best-positioned to get through this depression. have you considered just staying there and learning to hunt?
vjj

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
[youtube=425,350]iz4Z6L4u8E4[/youtube]
乱学者

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
 :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot