Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 464226 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I'm a producer, so I am best suited to be president of our new commune

But producers don't actually do anything, silly!

I see we agree
乱学者

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:10:57 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
lulz, William F. Buckley's son is endorsing Obama.

WHAT A RINO AMIRITE???

John McCain has changed. He said, famously, apropos the Republican debacle post-1994, “We came to Washington to change it, and Washington changed us.” This campaign has changed John McCain. It has made him inauthentic. A once-first class temperament has become irascible and snarly; his positions change, and lack coherence; he makes unrealistic promises, such as balancing the federal budget “by the end of my first term.” Who, really, believes that? Then there was the self-dramatizing and feckless suspension of his campaign over the financial crisis. His ninth-inning attack ads are mean-spirited and pointless. And finally, not to belabor it, there was the Palin nomination. What on earth can he have been thinking?
yar

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
Well, you guys have unlimited free speech, which is like the worst idea ever. In another system, where hate and fear mongering is not protected by free speech, Palin would be very close to being arrested for violating hate and riot incitement laws.

MrAngryFace

o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

MrAngryFace

o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I would very much like to see the GOP polarize and have in fighting for the next 4 years.

With most Reagan Republicans either dead or disgraced, it would be interesting if Neocon hard liners and Huckabee and the Christians fight amongst themselves.

With all the shit that needs to be done, the butthurt right will be trying desperately to destroy Democrat legislation in hopes of creating enough anti-Democrat sentiments to gain seats in 2010.
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I would very much like to see the GOP polarize and have in fighting for the next 4 years.

With most Reagan Republicans either dead or disgraced, it would be interesting if Neocon hard liners and Huckabee and the Christians fight amongst themselves.

With all the shit that needs to be done, the butthurt right will be trying desperately to destroy Democrat legislation in hopes of creating enough anti-Democrat sentiments to gain seats in 2010.

The funny thing is, they're in an even worse position to try and win anything in 2010.  At least in the Senate anyhow.  It would truly be awesome if the Dems can pick off some of their leaders this cycle, too.  Mitchell and Shadegg are in competitive elections.  I would love to see Eric Cantor lose, too, but that's probably not happening.

As to the coming political knife fight, it will be a thing of beauty to see.  They will learn nothing from this election- the theocons, neocons and WSJ set will be fighting over who gets to lead.  The longer the Republican party thinks it can be viable without tacking to the center, the longer it will be non-viable.  Which is just where they deserve to be, in all honesty.
yar

MrAngryFace

o_0

duckman2000

I've made that reference a few times in the past week, although to me personally, it's not so much Hitler as it is any public fanning of the old Us vs Them flames. It is quite troubling to see how easy it is for a politician to set off these people. That apparent "hockey mom" appeal only fuels this on; this is someone these people aren't afraid to be honest with, because hey, she's "one of them" (or, that's the image she has been given by her party). And it's equally troubling that these same people seem to see no problem with "one of them" running for VP of the United States. Talk about being out of touch with reality, and reason.

They are playing a dangerous game, though. They are desperately trying to make the terrorist angle stick, but what of people who say nothing when attendants call for the head of a person running for President? That sounds more than a little bit like terrorist jargon and behavior to me.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:06:17 PM by duckman2000 »

MrAngryFace

o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
The McCain campaign wants the terrorist angle to stick because it is one of the few things they have left to try to claim.  They can't claim the war, the economy, foreign relations, domestic issues, education, any of that.  All they have to work with is Obama's middle name and dead horses to be beaten.  They've backed into a corner that is shrinking more and more by the day.  Rallying up these kinds of supporters are going to turn off even the right leaning voters.  They might consider themselves conservatives but want no part with the recent race (as in racism) rallies going on the past week.

I have yet to see any evidence that the terrorist angle has worked with anyone except his radical base.  I suspect that most right leaning Republicans will either go to Obama or stay home.  I don't know how many hockey moms are going to support Palin much longer now that she has turned from a cutesy non-entity to a jackal with lipstick.  She pretty much shit all over her positive gains from the VP debate.  I still expect her to go on the media circuit after the election and whine about how she never had control over what she had to say, in hopes that she has a good standing for 2012.

The funny thing is, they're in an even worse position to try and win anything in 2010.  At least in the Senate anyhow.  It would truly be awesome if the Dems can pick off some of their leaders this cycle, too.  Mitchell and Shadegg are in competitive elections.  I would love to see Eric Cantor lose, too, but that's probably not happening.

As to the coming political knife fight, it will be a thing of beauty to see.  They will learn nothing from this election- the theocons, neocons and WSJ set will be fighting over who gets to lead.  The longer the Republican party thinks it can be viable without tacking to the center, the longer it will be non-viable.  Which is just where they deserve to be, in all honesty.

The GOP in fighting will be excellent.  The party has no direction, so all of the GOP factions are going to be claiming top spot.  I don't expect any of them to move to the center.  Most of them probably think they didn't go further to the right enough.  Maybe then the GOP will go so far right they will become irrelevant; becoming a small, fractured party that has a small handful of states.  Maybe it won't go that far but the GOP will be having a party crisis after this, if they aren't already.  If they pin their hopes on Jindal, they are ruined.
🍆🍆

McCain is such a unethical lying sack of shit.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/mccain_campaign_goes_after_mic.php

The McCain campaign is now broadening their attack on Obama's past association with William Ayers to include Michelle Obama -- even though McCain has repeatedly said spouses should be off limits during the campaign.

The attack? Bernardine Dohrn, Ayers' wife and fellow former Weatherman, went to work in 1984 for the major Chicago-based national law firm of Sidley & Austin, and three years later, Michelle joined the mega-firm as well.

That's the entire attack. We wish we were joking. But we aren't.

In launching this latest, McCain is ditching yet another formerly-claimed principle as he faces the growing likelihood of defeat. In a statement back in June, the McCain campaign said: "Senator McCain agrees with Senator Obama that spouses should not be an issue in this campaign, and he has stated that position frequently."

The attack on Michelle came on a McCain conference call with reporters this afternoon featuring John Murtagh, who has been hitting Obama over the Weather Underground's attack on his family's home back in 1970. Murtagh noted that Dohrn and Michelle Obama had both worked at the firm starting in the late 1980s.

The firm's Chicago office currently employs more than 500 lawyers.

Murtagh didn't even bother alleging that the two even knew each other, instead suggesting that they might have. If so, he said, the Obamas have known the two longer than suspected.

"If it is true" that the two women knew each other, Murtagh said, "the relationship is almost a decade older than Senator Obama has acknowledged. And that can very easily be resolved by Senator Obama, by Mrs. Obama, by Mr. Ayers and by Ms. Dohrn."

"And incidentally, I would emphasize that we've all been focusing on Senator Obama," said Murtagh. "I think we need to speak to his wife."

Keep in mind that this wasn't any surrogate speaking off the cuff. He was on a call organized by the McCain campaign, and he was apparently reading from a prepared statement, which would of course have been vetted by McCain aides. And so another once-cherished McCain principle gets junked in the service of self-parody.
野球

MrAngryFace

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/10/obama-camp-who-is-barack_n_133708.html -- Obama's the kinda guy I could see just hanging out with, thats what helps me relate to him instead of FUKIN CRAZY PUBLICAN TICKET
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 06:14:36 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

duckman2000

I take it there is no value in losing gracefully. Good grief, this is pathetic.

MrAngryFace

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/McCain_asks_crowd_to_be_respectful_of_Obama.html

Oh McCain, can you control the mob your VP pick is creating?

Later in the event,  man in the audience stood up and told McCain he's "scared" of an Obama presidency and who he'd select for the Supreme Court.

"I have to tell you. Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don't have to be scared of as president of the United States," McCain said as the crowd booed and shouted "Come on, John!"

"If I didn't think I'd be a heck of a lot better, I wouldn't be running for President of the United States."

If it's not the Times editorial board jeering him, it's his own crowd.
o_0

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
If McCain returns as a senator nobody will want him; the dems since he played dirty and the Republicans not only for losing but losing to a black guy.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
This is what the yahoos are excited about right now.

yar

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
pyh

Human Snorenado

• Icon
:drudge BREAKING:  ALASKA COMMITTEE UNANIMOUSLY VOTES TO RELEASE TROOPERGATE REPORT :drudge
yar

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
:drudge BREAKING:  ALASKA COMMITTEE UNANIMOUSLY VOTES TO RELEASE TROOPERGATE REPORT :drudge

even the republicans voted to release it? sounds like the report could be a bunch of nothing

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Yeah, pretty funny.  I doubt there'll be much in there.  Maybe the First Dude takes the fall.

Haha, holy shit.  A woman at a McCain rally said Obama was an Arab and McCain had to correct her.  THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PLAY THE HATE CARD, DUMBASS!
yar

Fresh Prince

Troopergate will come to nothing. At the most something about recommendations.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
HOLY SHIT LIVE ON MSNBC REPORT SAYS PALIN UNLAWFULLY ABUSED HER POWER TO FIRE MONEGAN
yar

Fresh Prince

Guess I was wrong.

even the republicans voted to release it? sounds like the report could be a bunch of nothing
Wasn't there something about Alaskan Republicans hating her though?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
HAW HAW HAW

GUESS YOU WON'T BE SHOWING UP ON SNL NOW HUH BARRACUDA? 
yar

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
UNLAWFULLY ABUSED POWERS :lol

Damn Arabs hijacking this investigation!
PSP

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

Wow.  Either they hate Palin or there is nothing there.
🍆🍆

Human Snorenado

• Icon

Wow.  Either they hate Palin or there is nothing there.

Oh no, report says that she abused her powers.
yar

Fresh Prince

Well people have the whole weekend to read over the report so there will be a nice little wrap up on Monday.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
It's beginning.

I told you guys that things were gonna get ugly.  They could get uglier.  Hell, it was worse in the primaries.  I just hope that myself and other volunteers/staffers don't get hurt or killed by a gang of ignorant yahoos.
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
October is always going to be insane.

Vandalizing Obama's offices is just sinking McCain deeper and deeper because nobody is going to think that a Hillary supporter did it.  Now he's going to have to cover his ass to make sure that he isn't known as a far right racist.  Him having to correct that woman for saying Obama is Arab is what he is going to have to spend more and more time on at his rallies.

We're going to see a lot of people reveal their true colors as the US will be voting in a black man.  I just hope that the GOP takes a huge hit overall for their lying, extremism, and mounting racism.  It would be great if it was basically just banished to have viability in only the more desolate pockets of the US like Idaho and Utah.
🍆🍆

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
we are certainly in historical times, MY FRIENDS

man history ain't pretty
duc

Phoenix Dark

we are certainly in historical times, MY FRIENDS

man history ain't pretty

END OF DAYZ

Fresh Prince

Is there an remote possibility that Palin will be dropped? That would be hilarious.

I mean first it was Edwards that thought he would never get caught cheating and now it's Palin who had the idiocy to accept the VP nomination when she knew this was coming out.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Is there an remote possibility that Palin will be dropped? That would be hilarious.

I mean first it was Edwards that thought he would never get caught cheating and now it's Palin who had the idiocy to accept the VP nomination when she knew this was coming out.

3 1/2 weeks out from the election?  Not happening.  She's on the ballot already.  Shit, people are already voting in lots of states.  Suck it down, McCain.  Your Hail Mary has been intercepted.

And I doubt she thought she was going to get caught.  In her little hamster brain, she thought she hadn't done anything wrong to begin with.  This is what happens when you let a half-bright PTA mom run things.  Learn your lesson, GOP!  I doubt you will.
yar

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #2800 on: October 10, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
who called him an Arab?   

Phoenix Dark

So what happens now. They sure did a great job burying this report on a late Friday night. Sunday will be interesting though

AdmiralViscen

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #2803 on: October 10, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »
One of his friends in the audience.

I can't find that video, but here's one from the same event

[youtube=425,350]MzoyADkoFUk[/youtube]

McCain is completely flustered at facing the blowback of his own negative campaigning. He is rightly fucked.

Fresh Prince

First nominee VP to face a trial. What a farce.

Though I wonder happens now (if she is found to break the law); I presume charges will brought against her and a court date arranged  :lol

I love the stupidity of that woman who called Obama an Arab when she meant Muslim.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:56:02 PM by Fresh Prince »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
McCain wanted tightly controlled racism and now it has went out of hand.

Palin probably assumed that she didn't do anything wrong or that hatchet men will stop the proceedings from going anywhere.
🍆🍆

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2806 on: October 10, 2008, 09:57:26 PM »
The other video is better because McCain defends Obama as "a decent man" and GETS BOOED by his own supporters.

I recorded it off the TV with my phone, I can email it to one of you if you have a youtube account.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB

McCain is completely flustered at facing the blowback of his own negative campaigning. He is rightly fucked.

McCain doesn't actually say he's not an arab though.  Arab confirmed.
serge

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2808 on: October 10, 2008, 10:02:51 PM »
The other video is better because McCain defends Obama as "a decent man" and GETS BOOED by his own supporters.

I recorded it off the TV with my phone, I can email it to one of you if you have a youtube account.

I want to see it. 

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2809 on: October 10, 2008, 10:05:31 PM »
It's in .3g2 format, anyone who wants it PM me with their email, especially if they have a youtube account.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2810 on: October 10, 2008, 10:10:14 PM »

holy shit, McCain FTW. It sounded like he was upset

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2811 on: October 10, 2008, 10:10:55 PM »
Yea, because if he actually appears on camera with someone speaking those words his campaign is sunk.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
McCain doesn't want that kind of image, regardless of whether the camera is on or off.

He basically wants to flirt the idea of racism but his supporters want to go all out on it.  McCain knows how damaging that would be and that explains why he was visibly upset when she made that comment.  He wants all racist and near racist accusations to be tightly controlled under him.
🍆🍆

MrAngryFace

holy crap he's created a fanbase he cant even control hahah
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned

And I doubt she thought she was going to get caught.  In her little hamster brain, she thought she hadn't done anything wrong to begin with.  This is what happens when you let a half-bright PTA mom run things. 

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=8c130fe3-adab-4cb3-8443-c363f085cf13 -- the psychology of sarah palin
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2815 on: October 10, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »
Palin has sunk her own campaign lol
o_0

Phoenix Dark

The sad thing is that this will only make conservatives like Palin more  :lol

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2817 on: October 10, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
Fuck you guys need to see this other video.

http://rapidshare.com/files/152842624/Video_101008_002.3g2.html

.3g2

The booing is kind of drowned out, you can tell it's happenig when McCain starts going 'bo bo bo now look, bo bo'
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 10:28:51 PM by AdmiralViscen »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
they already liked her, though. hopefully, the remaining independents previously influenced by the suggestion of her her brainless folksy "gutsiness" will realize that she's just another cheerleader kleptomaniac.
duc

MrAngryFace

First nominee VP to face a trial. What a farce.

Though I wonder happens now (if she is found to break the law); I presume charges will brought against her and a court date arranged  :lol

I love the stupidity of that woman who called Obama an Arab when she meant Muslim.

No trial was suggested in the report
o_0