Author Topic: minor inconveniences that are not struggles  (Read 918457 times)

eleuin

• perennial loser
Re: minor inconviences that are not struggles
« Reply #5280 on: March 04, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »
tvc is this you

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #5281 on: March 04, 2018, 05:20:47 PM »
When you peel put from a Wendy's at the intercom about a week ago because you had been waiting for 10 minutes for them to take your order. Most of the staff looking at you through the drive thru window but its 5pm on a Sunday and youre hankering for an Asiago Chicken...
:9

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #5282 on: March 04, 2018, 06:05:38 PM »
Going to a new temp gym and scouting out the equipment while trying to figure out if you can you that piece of equipment as a substitute for whatever it is that you are used to is a pain in the ass.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5283 on: March 04, 2018, 06:15:43 PM »
Plenty of touch screen in Paris McDonald's. Works fine :yeshrug

I went to Paris 6 months ago and didn't see a single McDonald's. I seriously thought I had some memory loss so I looked it up.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/mcdonalds+in+Paris,+France/@48.8553179,2.2861758,13z/data=!3m1!4b1

You've only got 20 McDonald's in the most American-visited French city where there are also 2 million locals. For reference, Austin Texas has half the population, probably no foreign tourists, and it has the same number of McDonald's. Same for where I live in San Jose California.  This is why you lost the naming rights to Freedom Fries.

skullstorm

« Reply #5284 on: March 04, 2018, 06:18:00 PM »
I just had a flashback to yesterday when I had the extreme displeasure of witnessing a friend (questioning this now since you should stay away from crazy people) pull a part of a vein out of their arm after a blood test  :holeup :oreilly :crazy :trigger :six:

I'd already blocked that traumatizing shit out but then I read the word "vein" somewhere and now I'm just reliving that situation again in my head  :brazilcry Why the hell did I turn around when they said "look", goddammit why  :stahp :stahp

This might actually be a struggle

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5285 on: March 04, 2018, 09:05:53 PM »
Wore a nice new dress shirt to work on Friday. I love a new shirt because it feels so crisp.

Then on the way home, I stopped at the barber and he had trouble turning down my collar to put the smock over me. He then pulled out the piece of cardboard I'd  been wearing all day.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5286 on: March 05, 2018, 03:12:34 AM »
Plenty of touch screen in Paris McDonald's. Works fine :yeshrug

I went to Paris 6 months ago and didn't see a single McDonald's. I seriously thought I had some memory loss so I looked it up.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/mcdonalds+in+Paris,+France/@48.8553179,2.2861758,13z/data=!3m1!4b1

You've only got 20 McDonald's in the most American-visited French city where there are also 2 million locals. For reference, Austin Texas has half the population, probably no foreign tourists, and it has the same number of McDonald's. Same for where I live in San Jose California.  This is why you lost the naming rights to Freedom Fries.

You need to browse down the list. There's way more than that. The first map doesn't show all locations.

According to the official website, 81 or so restaurants in Paris proper.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5287 on: March 05, 2018, 03:25:36 AM »
Quick is also eating a lot of McD's cake.

edit: had no idea it was just bought out by BK :ohhh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5288 on: March 05, 2018, 03:30:27 AM »
Quick is also eating a lot of McD's cake.

Quick has been on the down low for a few years and they were bought by Burger King who took over a couple of spots to substitute their brand (like at Porte de Clichy). But the presence of an European fast food chain probably explains why apart from McDonald's no other major US brand really entered the market until recently. KFC, Burger King have been slowly increasing their presence and I know there's a couple of Chipotle and one Five Guys. Subway has a lot of small venues too though I saw some of them close so it was more of a fizzling boom than anything.
ὕβρις

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5289 on: March 05, 2018, 10:50:44 AM »
Between a weekend of heavy drinking and bbq + my preworkout, I’ve had to shit 3 times at the gym this morning
dur

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5290 on: March 05, 2018, 06:44:09 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5291 on: March 05, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
I always say about Agile/SCRUM that it's great and it can get any house you want built. Provided it can reasonably be built in 2 weeks. If that sounds silly to you...maybe you should rethink about Agile/SCRUM.  It can be good for some kinds of things, enhancements, platform tweaks, and the like. But people like to think it's the answer to everything, and that's not true of ANY methodology.

As to my non-struggle, got an email back from the company saying I was the leading candidate and asking for a salary range because they were "a good company, but not known for paying commiserate to the market" I had to politely state that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and they're welcome to all the monkeys they want, but I've seen companies in their situation and the position they need is within x salary range. I'm betting if they're saying they don't pay market rates now, that I've just taken myself out of the running. Skrimp on the position that makes sense of all your data, brehs.
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5292 on: March 05, 2018, 07:52:22 PM »
Yo Ronito, what do you do?
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5293 on: March 05, 2018, 09:54:22 PM »
Yo Ronito, what do you do?
You spoke of Data Science once, yes?
I direct that.
que

shosta

« Reply #5294 on: March 05, 2018, 10:28:36 PM »
think you can hook me up with an internship somewhere back in sac?  :doge
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5295 on: March 05, 2018, 10:37:16 PM »
Sure. You want my job? :hitler
que

shosta

« Reply #5296 on: March 05, 2018, 10:38:48 PM »
lol if they'd let me do it. No degree but I know the field like a rat knows cheese. Also I can mix a mean drink so if that's adequate quid pro quo...
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #5297 on: March 05, 2018, 10:38:57 PM »
been working from like 8-8 for two weeks now.  :-\

be on the east coast but have your reporting chain on the west coast, brehs  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5298 on: March 05, 2018, 10:42:04 PM »
lol if they'd let me do it. No degree but I know the field like a rat knows cheese. Also I can mix a mean drink so if that's adequate quid pro quo...
PM me if you wanna chat.  :-*
Though there's nothing I can do for a Vegas boy.
que

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5299 on: March 06, 2018, 02:14:05 AM »

Raist

« Reply #5300 on: March 06, 2018, 03:29:04 AM »
Sure. You want my job? :hitler

Easiest job interview I've ever seen.

Corporal

« Reply #5301 on: March 06, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »
So I've been keeping an eye on CPU usage on my netbook. Wondered why Firefox behaved so erratically in that regard. Experimented a bit, found out I can max out my quadcore 2.2GHz Turboboosted intel CPU by moving the mouse cursor in small circles over the Firefox main window.

:idont
So I researched a bit.

Found this bug from two months ago, apparently I'm not the only one to notice that issue:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1427113

Status still left at unconfirmed despite copious amounts of evidence and devs coming in and explaining the why's and how's.

I just love the reasoning...
Overall around 30% of the time in the main thread seems to be spent processing mouse events (~12% in APZ processing, ~17% in dispatching to content) which does seem fairly high.
We use MousePosTracker to move the status panel (that displays link URLs) to the other side when the mouse pointer is close. We listen to mousemove events before we even display the status panel, so that we already know the pointer position when we want to display the panel. I'm not sure how this could be optimized away without compromising the UX.
:confused

THEY ARE FUCKING DISPATCHING MOUSE MOVEMENT EVENTS FROM WINDOWS... IN JAVASCRIPT. NO FILTERING, NO THROTTLING. Sorry not sorry for caps. That idea is just too outlandish to parse, it broke my brains. And it's by design and they seem unwilling to fix it.
 :comeon :ufup  :trigger :trigger :trigger

Because they want their shitty ass tiny unusable crippled to fuck status bar to hide away from the mouse cursor. Without an option to hide it or make it always-on or otherwise customize it because webextensions are a piece of rotting horse manure that can't support downthemall, reload on fail, and a whole hogload of my other important extensions that I only needed in the first place because Opera jumped off a cliff and died when they switched engines.

Fuck me, what an incredibly stupid way to waste CPU cycles. Each and every freaking time your mouse moves a subpixel. Not gonna waste battery on such idiocy. Time to download vivaldi.  Firefox Quantum can eat a dick.   :yuck :maf
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:15:20 AM by Corporal »
!list

Tasty

« Reply #5302 on: March 06, 2018, 12:27:39 PM »
The hell. :lol

Corporal

« Reply #5303 on: March 06, 2018, 03:22:57 PM »
A small correction, you can in fact customize the FF status bar. Kiiiiiiiiinda-sorta.

You just have to download status-4-ever install Classic Theme Restorer create a Chrome directory and download a Chrome CSS file from userchrome.org (or spin one up yourself). So very user friendly.

Firefox's style or appearance can be modified by creating  a chrome folder inside your Firefox profile folder and then placing a  userChrome.css file inside, that includes a custom style rule. The rules you put in the userChrome.css file will override the default styles in Firefox.

Note: Custom style rules might not work every time because of other factors (such as incompatibility with other custom style rules) beyond the Mozilla community's control. Your custom style rule might also stop working each time a new Firefox release comes out.

A... Chrome folder, you say. Huh. Call me vain, but referencing your biggest competitor like that seems ...odd.

Love the disclaimer too.
!list

Raist

« Reply #5304 on: March 06, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »
Lol, nerdz.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #5305 on: March 06, 2018, 03:44:04 PM »
Had a bad day yesterday and I'm still feeling a little weird, but much better. There are some things that bother me but they don't grand me reasons to be upset. I think it's a mix of things too, feelings, no feelings, thoughts, loneliness. Been pushing people away lately, I know that's not good.

shosta

« Reply #5306 on: March 06, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »
Remember that self isolation is one of the best ways to undermine yourself and your wellness
每天生气

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #5307 on: March 06, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »
Remember that self isolation is one of the best ways to undermine yourself and your wellness

no shit sherlock

understanding that doesn't make it any easier

Replying like that to well-meaning advice is another sure-fire way to stay isolated  :like

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5308 on: March 06, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »
Ordered a new game off Gamestop.com.  I received an opened copy.  I started calling them but then googled this and see that this kind of crap has been going on for at least a few years now without any kind of resolution.  Fortunately the game I ordered was a Vita title and came with just the cart so nothing was missing and the case was perfect with no stickers...could be much, much worse.  And it doesn't matter...this was still an opened item being sold as new like they do with some store copies.

So, OK.  Mental note to not buy anything from Gamestop.com apart from exclusive GS-only pre-order items. 

Biggest reason to go all-digital?  Avoiding shit like this, broken game cases, shipping issues, etc.  Man, it just keeps on getting more and more tempting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:32:20 PM by bork »
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #5309 on: March 06, 2018, 04:33:40 PM »
I think at this stage you should forget about buying anything that involves any sort of delivery. Like, forever.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5310 on: March 06, 2018, 04:45:25 PM »
I think at this stage you should forget about buying anything that involves any sort of delivery. Like, forever.

And then switch to digital and my hard drive dies or game system goes up in flames.  I know it's gonna happen.
:rollsafe

I'm just bitching about the bad stuff.  I get plenty of stuff delivered just fine.  But when it goes wrong...man does it go wrong. 

In this case I decided to not even bother calling them to complain because reports from others who did all went along the lines of "they sent out a replacement copy that was also unopened and in worse condition than the original."  The one I got is flawless so I'm not gonna bother.  Lesson learned. 
ど助平

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #5311 on: March 06, 2018, 04:51:42 PM »
That's why tomorrow I'm forcing myself to spend most of the day out of the house.

Tasty

« Reply #5312 on: March 06, 2018, 05:35:36 PM »
A small correction, you can in fact customize the FF status bar. Kiiiiiiiiinda-sorta.

You just have to download status-4-ever install Classic Theme Restorer create a Chrome directory and download a Chrome CSS file from userchrome.org (or spin one up yourself). So very user friendly.

Firefox's style or appearance can be modified by creating  a chrome folder inside your Firefox profile folder and then placing a  userChrome.css file inside, that includes a custom style rule. The rules you put in the userChrome.css file will override the default styles in Firefox.

Note: Custom style rules might not work every time because of other factors (such as incompatibility with other custom style rules) beyond the Mozilla community's control. Your custom style rule might also stop working each time a new Firefox release comes out.

A... Chrome folder, you say. Huh. Call me vain, but referencing your biggest competitor like that seems ...odd.

Love the disclaimer too.

The chrome directory and userChrome.css likely existed before Google Chrome did. Notice that in Mozilla's instructions, "chrome" is lowercase. Did you ever stop and think why it's called "Chrome"?

It's because among browser developers, the GUI is the "chrome." It was a tongue-in-cheek name designed to call attention to how minimal Chrome's GUI was compared to other browsers at the time.

And thank god it freed us from toolbar hell.

Edit- More background: http://blogoscoped.com/google-chrome (2008)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:40:52 PM by Tasty Meat »

shosta

« Reply #5313 on: March 06, 2018, 05:42:26 PM »
webcomic is the most obnoxious format of discourse. it's like an essay for people with adhd
每天生气

Corporal

« Reply #5314 on: March 06, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
I see. (It's still called userChrome.css and not UserChrome.css or userchrome.css (etc). That's gotta count for something.)

That Chrome webcomic makes me suspect that those people are the types that also want bezel free phones. In other words, the worst kind of people.

Bought shorts, three days ago.
Bought sweets, four days ago.

Shorts have arrived.

Sweets haven't.

I am now officially cranky. Nobody withholds my sweets. What am I even gonna do with shorts, dammit.
!list

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5315 on: March 06, 2018, 09:49:11 PM »
It’s been three days since I bought some shorts
Four days since I bought lots of candy
The shorts already arrived in the mail
But it’ll still be two days till I get the candy
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5316 on: March 06, 2018, 10:06:01 PM »
Next time order edible panties  :rash

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #5317 on: March 06, 2018, 11:44:51 PM »
It’s been three days since I bought some shorts
Four days since I bought lots of candy
The shorts already arrived in the mail
But it’ll still be two days till I get the candy

Hold it now and watch the hoodwink
As I make you stop, think
You'll think you're looking at Aquaman
I summon fish to the dish,
Although I like the Chalet Swiss
I like the sushi
Cause it's never touched a frying pan
WDW

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #5318 on: March 06, 2018, 11:51:05 PM »
i'm a bit late but i'd like to add that quick sucks ass and mcdonalds in france is equally as bad.

management don't give af if your fries are cold

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #5319 on: March 07, 2018, 12:58:15 AM »
Ordered a new game off Gamestop.com.  I received an opened copy.  I started calling them but then googled this and see that this kind of crap has been going on for at least a few years now without any kind of resolution.  Fortunately the game I ordered was a Vita title and came with just the cart so nothing was missing and the case was perfect with no stickers...could be much, much worse.  And it doesn't matter...this was still an opened item being sold as new like they do with some store copies.

So, OK.  Mental note to not buy anything from Gamestop.com apart from exclusive GS-only pre-order items. 

Biggest reason to go all-digital?  Avoiding shit like this, broken game cases, shipping issues, etc.  Man, it just keeps on getting more and more tempting.

Gamestop sold new games in store opened up as far as I can recall. Like, they'd open them so they could put the discs in a sleeve behind the desk or in the back, then put the cases on the shelf and sell them as new and unopened.

I had this happen to me back when I bought Perfect Dark Zero on xbox 360. I haven't bought a game from them since.
WDW

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5320 on: March 07, 2018, 01:42:24 AM »

Gamestop sold new games in store opened up as far as I can recall. Like, they'd open them so they could put the discs in a sleeve behind the desk or in the back, then put the cases on the shelf and sell them as new and unopened.

Yes, and I've heard them talking about how they'd been allowed to bring them home for the day to play them, then sell them as "new" despite not only having been opened, but handled, and run on a spinning spindle of spindleness. Between that, and not even putting new games on the shelf if they had used copies, I didn't even go into GS during my last two-week trip. :maf

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5321 on: March 07, 2018, 01:50:07 AM »
Hay fever is hitting me since returning to Japan. I think the unseasonable warmth this week has caused some trees or grasses to speed their appearance. Boo.

Bebpo

« Reply #5322 on: March 07, 2018, 01:50:29 AM »
Went to the ER, there now waiting. Chest pains were feeling weirder than usual walking to my car after a movie. Sat in my car for about 10 mins waiting for things to calm down then decided better safe than sorry and went to the ER instead of waiting to see someone tomorrow. Just in case I didn’t wake up tomorrow haha  :doge

Probably just anxiety or heartburn since I suffer from both. Just felt stronger and a little off. Then again I had a cocktail 3 hours earlier but some alcohol shouldn’t give heavier chest pains I would think? Idk, I feel kinda bad wasting the ERs time because it’s much better now and feels more just like chest anxiety and I probably don’t need to be here.

Bebpo

« Reply #5323 on: March 07, 2018, 06:44:20 AM »
5 hours later, everything is ok. Might be muscle inflammation/spasms in my chest triggered by anxiety and stress, but heart is healthy which is the main thing. Gonna follow up on stuff, but for now, getting home at 3:30am, tired af and going to sleep!

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #5324 on: March 07, 2018, 07:44:13 AM »
I was cleaning the kitchen and bumped my head and have a cut now, also my neck and head hurt.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5325 on: March 07, 2018, 07:55:42 AM »
I had this happen to me back when I bought Perfect Dark Zero on xbox 360. I haven't bought a game from them since.

Them selling unopened games as "new" has been practice going back as far as I can remember, with the supposed last copies being opened display copies.  They were doing that shit as far back as the early 2000s and 99% of the time I'd tell them I didn't want the game if they didn't have shrinkwrapped copies.  Even back then it was fucked up as the overpriced mom n' pop shop I worked at would give a discount on opened 'demo' copies of games if we did this.

But I didn't know that they did this with online orders, too, which is extremely fucked up.  SELL OPENED GAMES AS USED, ASSHOLES.
:kinison

Yes, and I've heard them talking about how they'd been allowed to bring them home for the day to play them, then sell them as "new" despite not only having been opened, but handled, and run on a spinning spindle of spindleness. Between that, and not even putting new games on the shelf if they had used copies, I didn't even go into GS during my last two-week trip. :maf

Have also heard this was done as both an incentive for employees and to help prevent internal theft.  It's dumb.  When I pay for a new item...I expect to get a new item.  Opened is not new, period.  (On a sidenote, there are a surprisingly large amount of Youtubers out there with channels almost dedicated to talking about like every day of their lives when they worked at Gamestop.  :lol)

I pretty much avoid their stores unless I'm looking to go dump a bunch trade-ins towards hardware or want to pick something up locally that I can't get online or don't want to wait for, but that's pretty rare nowadays with release day shipping and whatnot.  Their stores are dated, often dirty or smelly, unorganized messes where they've begun to push the video games to the back in favor of nerd-crap from Thinkgeek and cell phones from Cricket Wireless. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:01:56 AM by bork »
ど助平

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5326 on: March 07, 2018, 11:03:48 AM »
Ate a bunch of Mexican food last night. Just had tea and water to drink.
Went to sleep 2 hours afterwards.
Had a dream I was at some winter lodge with a bunch of friendly strangers that seemed to know me and I felt super drunk during the dream.
Woke up with a mild hangover headache this morning.  :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5327 on: March 07, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »
So talked to the company we came up with a range that works but they still have 2 more people to interview. I'm not so much worried about them being better than me, I've been in the market long enough to know my competition. But I am worried that they'll  be cheaper, as that constantly harest oppens.

"Puppy! Everything's a mess! HELP!"
"Ok, it'll cost this much to fix it."
"Nevermind, this guy says he'll do it for way cheaper"
<spongebob: 6 months later>
"Puppy! Everything's WAY worse! HELP!"

Rinse and repeat.

It's going to be a long rest of the week.
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #5328 on: March 07, 2018, 07:09:50 PM »

Oh god. I’m going to have a fucking nervous breakdown if I keep on having to work at the pace I’m currently working at. :brazilcry

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5329 on: March 07, 2018, 07:21:04 PM »

Oh god. I’m going to have a fucking nervous breakdown if I keep on having to work at the pace I’m currently working at. :brazilcry
Get in front of that shit man.
Go to the boss and give them choices to make it better.
Let them know what's what upfront.
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5330 on: March 08, 2018, 12:33:41 AM »
Speaking of work killing you. Let's get to some Puppy work drama.

Last summer when I had my little breakdown my boss and I went to dinner and we discussed what could be done. And he was like "Puppy, you just need to chill and draw boundaries. I was hospitalized 3 times a few weeks ago and the doctors said it was all because of stress. So I set some rules. I shut off work at 8pm and create more time for myself, take days off" yada yada yada. Then this quarter (first quarters are always killer in our company as most companies put off big projects until Q2 or later) I start getting texts from him at like 10pm and calls on Saturdays and emails at like 5 in the morning. And I was like "So much for taking it easy." Talking to another director today and they're like "Did you know the boss is back in the hospital?" Not surprised. Poor guy. Don't know why you would own a company to work like he does. He's well beyond the "start up" phase, and is pretty established. This would be the time to sit back and enjoy your success, but the dude's going as hard as ever for more. I couldn't do it.

In other news one of our sales guys really screwed the pooch. He was asking me what I thought he should do. I told him to take it easy and not to worry about it. What I didn't tell him was the reason he shouldn't worry about it was because it would be surprising if he was still with the company next week.

In even further news, my company is by and large Indian (like 80+%) and my boss once said that you'd never find anyone more racist against Indians than other Indians. I shrugged it off as I thought that's true for most races, latinos hate latinos and Bill Cosby hates black people, so I never gave it much thought. Though today I was sitting with some of my Indian coworkers and they started talking about Indians, and holy heck I was taken aback. The stuff they were saying would've put even Trump supporters to shame. That was something.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 12:42:12 AM by I'm a Puppy! »
que

Raist

« Reply #5331 on: March 08, 2018, 02:32:31 AM »
Caste culture breh. It's ugly.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5332 on: March 08, 2018, 08:09:17 AM »
We took my wife's car in for 100,000+ mile maintenance this past weekend and it ended up costing a whopping $1500- $600 for parts and $900 for "labor."  I wasn't there when she went to go get the car and rather than let me know what was up or have anyone else look at the bill with her, she just signed for it and paid.   Sucks, but OK.

Then this morning we woke up to find that some asshole either did a hit and run or vandalized her car late last night.  Broke the passenger side mirror and there's some huge scratches on the side.  We are guessing it was a drunk driver since it seems to me that vandals wouldn't just target a single car like that.

My wallet  :stahp
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #5333 on: March 08, 2018, 08:22:47 AM »
Ouch :( Will the insurance cover it?

I'm paying 116 bucks a month over 6 years in a Toyota maintenance plan, which includes everything as far as maintenance goes and extends the cars warranty to 6 years as well. You can only get it on new cars though.

Car is doing 30k km a year so its well worth it.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #5334 on: March 08, 2018, 08:38:29 AM »
Not having a car :aah

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Being a poor fuck. :goty
[close]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:44:15 AM by Nabbis »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5335 on: March 08, 2018, 08:45:42 AM »

Dunno yet.  Guessing I'm gonna get F'd in the A.  It's pretty much just cosmetic damage though, mirror aside.  The mirror itself is still attached and the glass needs to be replaced so hopefully that won't cost too much.

Something else that makes me wonder if this was vandalism is that when walking around and checking all the other cars in the garage for damage, we found a soccer ball wedged under a neighbor's car.  There is no way it's hers and when she came outside we spoke about it and she said that she put a camera up after something was done to her car last year.  Pretty doubtful that it has any footage we can use, but you never know.  The ball definitely wasn't there when she came home yesterday.  The neighbors next door have a bunch of kids and I hope it wasn't one of them being stupid that caused this to happen.  Still, while a soccer ball could explain the broken mirror, it wouldn't have caused the scratches. 
ど助平

jorma

« Reply #5336 on: March 08, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
The solution is obviously to buy a new car, a new vespa and then send your kids off to live with waifus parents in China.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5337 on: March 08, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
The solution is obviously to buy a new car
:gladbron
a new vespa
:gladbron

and then send your kids off to live with waifus parents in China.
:batman
 :japancry
ど助平

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5338 on: March 08, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »

I'm paying 116 bucks a month over 6 years in a Toyota maintenance plan, which includes everything as far as maintenance goes and extends the cars warranty to 6 years as well. You can only get it on new cars though.

Car is doing 30k km a year so its well worth it.

Wtf I drive more than you and that's ridiculous. I just paid $130 for 4 years worth of air filters and a set of spark plugs. Add maybe $300 a year for tires and oil changes which I wouldn't want to do myself.

Factoring in exchange rates and I don't even wanna say exactly how bad you're getting it.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5339 on: March 08, 2018, 01:45:31 PM »
Yeah that deal sounds terrible unless it covers the purchase of tires too.