Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 213485 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #4800 on: April 20, 2023, 09:19:35 AM »
What next, a license to make toast in your own damn toaster?
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4801 on: April 20, 2023, 09:21:52 AM »
What next, a license to make toast in your own damn toaster?
I already got the license to use that joke! :bolo
Next you're going to be saying I have to choose a license to make toast in my own damn toaster.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #4802 on: April 20, 2023, 11:07:31 AM »
Per my name, I have a license to kill
:O

Himu

« Reply #4803 on: April 20, 2023, 03:04:07 PM »
Having to acquire government permission before you're allowed to have rights that protect you from the same government is pretty inherently bad. You're arguing that you know when to stop when you're arguing for eliminating every constitutional right. :lol

Even if I grant your proposition that "conservatives" know when to stop, like when the W. Bush administration argued that it could suspend constitutional rights whenever it wanted to, the rest of your proposition argues against allowing it because there's no check on when the "progressives" take power and build on that like the Obama administration did when it argued that could murder any American citizen without trial whenever it wanted to.

What is your solution then? Offer a viable solution in its place rather than talk up "limiting a constitutional right". An 84 year old man had a gun, shot with zero provocation, shot him in the head when he was down to make sure he was dead. How do you answer for abating situations like this which are complete neglect without some form of gun education to the populace? Is your argument against complete prevention and one exclusively for prosecution?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4804 on: April 20, 2023, 04:32:33 PM »
I don't know. I guess I have to settle with the fact that a consequence of the second amendment, which I love, is dealing with idiots and I feel like the idiots are a threat to it.

I guess that's the cost of freedom and something I have to deal with but please check up on grandpa that lives by himself.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4805 on: April 20, 2023, 05:55:12 PM »
This man is utterly unrepentant for killing an innocent woman!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kaylin-gillis-driveway-shooting-death-father-says-he-hopes-suspect-dies-jail

"Whosoever kills a person...it shall be as if he has killed all mankind."
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4806 on: April 20, 2023, 05:57:09 PM »
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

« Reply #4808 on: April 20, 2023, 08:45:40 PM »
Trump has paid for enough abortions to know they're needed

Himu

IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #4810 on: April 20, 2023, 10:01:42 PM »
twitter.com/JonSchweppe/status/1649119229998661654

:trumps
This dummy realizes that Trump was openly pro-choice before 2014 or so, right? And that, like, he's a guy who constantly lies to try and make people like him?

benjipwns

« Reply #4811 on: April 20, 2023, 10:03:30 PM »
What is your solution then? Offer a viable solution in its place rather than talk up "limiting a constitutional right". An 84 year old man had a gun, shot with zero provocation, shot him in the head when he was down to make sure he was dead. How do you answer for abating situations like this which are complete neglect without some form of gun education to the populace? Is your argument against complete prevention and one exclusively for prosecution?

james

benjipwns

« Reply #4813 on: April 20, 2023, 10:48:56 PM »
That doesn't explain the next step they took though.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 03:31:10 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4818 on: April 22, 2023, 04:39:34 AM »
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4819 on: April 22, 2023, 08:30:45 PM »
MSNBC Legal Analyst Andrew Weissmann argued that the only way to deter media networks from “promulgating lies” — using Fox News Dominion lawsuit as an example — is for the US government to step in and regulate this conduct.

Weissman, who served in the Department of Justice and took a senior role in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into former President Donald Trump, has long been a critic of Fox News and was on Morning Joe Friday morning for his legal expertise on the First Amendment and the current state of opinion media.

“You really need to be thinking about, okay, what is the business model for the National Enquirer? What is the business model for Fox News and the next media company that’s going to pretend to be giving news but is actually going to be promulgating lies? Is there going to be some regulatory damage that’s going to deter that?” he continued.

“So we don’t have a repetition because it’s really easy to just simply avoid denigrating a company so you won’t get sued but still promulgate a big lie. And so you need to have the government step in to have some kind of regulation of that kind of conduct.”
:era

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4820 on: April 22, 2023, 11:42:00 PM »
so the solution to the government propaganda distributed through the major news media. is to allow government to regulate all media  :thinking

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4822 on: April 23, 2023, 01:10:06 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4823 on: April 23, 2023, 01:34:28 PM »

Considering how crazy expensive everything is I'm not surprised more children are working these days.
🤴

benjipwns

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4825 on: April 23, 2023, 11:07:31 PM »
 :pacspit

benjipwns

« Reply #4826 on: April 24, 2023, 12:44:01 AM »
REP. ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ: Well, this was a corporation suing another corporation for material damages. Their job is to go in and get the most money that they can, and I think that they did that. They are not lawyers for the American public and I think what is best for the country, what would have been best for the country, would have been to demand that, and not settle until we got that.

But that is not their role, and so for us, I think this raises much larger questions. Very often, I believe that we leave it to the courts to solve issues that politics is really supposed to solve, that legislating is supposed to solve.

We have very real issues with what is permissible on air, and we saw that with January 6th and we saw that in the lead up to January 6th, and how we navigate questions, not just a freedom of speech but also accountability for incitement of violence. This is the role we have to really explore through law as well.

PSAKI: Do you think media organizations of social media platforms should be accountable for being platforms for incitement?

OCASIO-CORTEZ: I believe that when it comes to broadcast television, like FOX News, these are subject to federal law and regulation in terms of what's allowed on air and what isn't. And when you look at what Tucker Carlson and some of these other folks on Fox do, it is very, very clearly incitement of violence. Very clearly. And that is the line that I think we have to be willing to contend with.
:juche

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:stahp
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4827 on: April 24, 2023, 12:51:38 AM »
has aoc considered what happens once the government is given control over the media the way she seems to want and then the republican party gets control of the white house, senate and house. or just enough  control to appoint whoever they want and now they are the ones with full control over the media?  :snoop

benjipwns

« Reply #4828 on: April 24, 2023, 12:56:26 AM »
No, see, you just give the state absolute power, but the people hold them in check by voting every so often for Democrats. The state is us, the state acts only in the interests of the people, the state would only silence the people's enemies who are undermining democracy.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4829 on: April 24, 2023, 03:11:32 AM »
has aoc considered what happens once the government is given control over the media the way she seems to want and then the republican party gets control of the white house, senate and house. or just enough  control to appoint whoever they want and now they are the ones with full control over the media?  :snoop
Why does anyone think it's only the Republicans that would abuse control of the media?
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4830 on: April 24, 2023, 03:18:45 AM »
of course, but it's not something people who like aoc, or people who feel safer under democrats seem to account for.

it's like everyone forgot it was the democrats who also signed off on giving a republican president the power to send us to war endlessly. then the following democrat president couldn't use the power to end any of the wars because it would be too costly to his own party. then you end up with someone like donald trump deciding wars and funny enough he ended one of them  :doge but probably still not a good idea to have the winner of the white house deciding wars and then being gone before the wars would even finish
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 03:25:49 AM by team filler »

james

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4832 on: April 24, 2023, 11:52:18 AM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #4833 on: April 24, 2023, 12:02:06 PM »
 :society

james

james

« Reply #4835 on: April 24, 2023, 01:00:22 PM »
HE THOUGHT HE WOULD BE BACK MONDAY AND HE WOULD HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1650525732819423234

:woken :woken :woken :taylor

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4836 on: April 24, 2023, 01:23:43 PM »
It's over
Oh, I see James already posted the end of the DeSantis campaign.

Don Lemon out at CNN too. What a day.

https://twitter.com/donlemon/status/1650533617636966400

Oh well, now Tucker has time for other things. Vice President? White House press secretary?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 01:33:09 PM by Nintex »
🤴

james

« Reply #4837 on: April 24, 2023, 01:37:14 PM »
Why is Meatball Ron in Japan

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4838 on: April 24, 2023, 01:40:45 PM »
Bobblehead Ron was fleeing from the TRUMP

🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4839 on: April 24, 2023, 02:38:56 PM »
an eye for an eye; a don for a tucker
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4840 on: April 24, 2023, 03:25:06 PM »
Why is Meatball Ron in Japan

Disneyland Tokyo.

benjipwns

« Reply #4841 on: April 24, 2023, 04:52:39 PM »
Why does anyone think it's only the Republicans that would abuse control of the media?
What part of Republicans are fascists while Democrats represent the people, science, truth and democracy is so hard for you fascists to understand?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

Himu

« Reply #4844 on: April 24, 2023, 09:46:44 PM »

Let's see if the KIDS IN CAGES people will have the same energy for Biden. Likely not.

I'll say this about leftists, though. They're consistent on this issue and label both the Republicans and Democratic Party immoral on this issue. Correctly, I may add. I may disagree with leftists on a lot but really respect their commitment to speaking truth to power, just as they're only people in the room that haven't white washed Bush and the Iraq War. I disagree with their policies these days but still respect that the only people in the room holding others accountable. I love that about them and why I was always so attracted to left politics.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #4845 on: April 24, 2023, 10:08:44 PM »
I may disagree with leftists on a lot but really respect their commitment to speaking truth to power, just as they're only people in the room that haven't white washed Bush and the Iraq War. I disagree with their policies these days but still respect that the only people in the room holding others accountable.
:wut

Himu

« Reply #4846 on: April 24, 2023, 10:09:34 PM »
Nothing I said was confusing.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #4847 on: April 24, 2023, 10:27:55 PM »
It probably hinges on who you're referring to when you say "leftists" because my experience is that the self-declared rarely do anything but praise and excuse power.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4848 on: April 25, 2023, 03:04:03 AM »
🤴

james

« Reply #4849 on: April 25, 2023, 10:21:38 AM »
It probably hinges on who you're referring to when you say "leftists" because my experience is that the self-declared rarely do anything but praise and excuse power.

Find me a single leftist that praises Bush

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4850 on: April 25, 2023, 12:20:42 PM »

Michelle Obama
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4852 on: April 25, 2023, 12:42:31 PM »

Michelle Obama

:dead

We've used up our monthly good nintex post.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4853 on: April 25, 2023, 01:00:04 PM »
🤴

james

« Reply #4854 on: April 25, 2023, 01:30:07 PM »
Get fucked Nate

james

« Reply #4855 on: April 25, 2023, 01:48:02 PM »
lol hes fired hes the tucker carlson of disney

I hope he remains unemployed and dies in poverty

jorma

« Reply #4856 on: April 25, 2023, 04:24:25 PM »

Michelle Obama

"leftist"  ::)

benjipwns

« Reply #4857 on: April 25, 2023, 10:38:15 PM »

If our standard for leftism is merely not praising the Bushes then this probably makes Trump the paragon leftist.

Himu

« Reply #4858 on: April 26, 2023, 03:42:30 AM »
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #4859 on: April 26, 2023, 05:30:09 AM »
What a great candidate.
Gotta read the fine print, my man:
“We have to face this reality,” Haley told reporters. “The pro-life laws that have passed in strongly Republican states will not be approved at the federal level. That’s just a fact notwithstanding what the Democrat fearmongers say.”

“They say Republicans are about to ban all abortions nationwide and send women to prison. These wildly false claims amplified by a sympathetic media are not designed to do anything other than score political points,” she said.

Haley also called on Republican candidates to take a firmer stance on abortion, while painting Democratic candidates as extreme on the issue.

“Pro-life political leaders and candidates should not put up with being demonized. We should call out the extremism on the left,” she said.

During the address, Haley invoked her husband’s experience of being adopted and her own experience initially having issues becoming pregnant with her children as apart of her anti-abortion beliefs.

“My goal as president will be the same as it was when I was governor and ambassador — to save as many lives, and help as many moms, as possible,” she said.

SBA Pro-Life America praised Haley’s speech on Tuesday, referencing in a statement “Haley’s commitment to acting on the American consensus against late-term abortion by protecting unborn children by at least 15 weeks when they can feel excruciating pain.”

However, Haley did not state a specific limit on abortion restrictions in her address. When asked for clarification following the speech, an SBA spokespersons told The Hill they were “assured she would set national consensus at 15 weeks.”

When asked for comment, a Haley campaign official said the ambassador was “very clear in her speech.”

“She believes there is a federal role to play in protecting as many babies and helping as many moms as possible,” the official said.
That's an extreme super-far-right anti-woman fascist position, not anywhere near the pro-woman national consensus that includes what "opponents call partial-birth abortion", a permanent repeal of the anti-woman Hyde Amendment and free access to abortion for trans women.