Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1188683 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Oscar-sempai's Sales Thread of Sales Enlightenment for Sales Losers
« Reply #5700 on: February 16, 2014, 05:44:13 AM »
I do think apple could curate the store a bit more in some way, but then we might not get flappy bird.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #5701 on: February 16, 2014, 09:10:29 AM »
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting 20 Minter-calibre releases on iOS

you can show me anything approaching TxK in the tube shooter genre on iOS?

Also - we have to exclude the Minter games from the Minter calibre games on iOS as well!
O=X

Himu

« Reply #5702 on: February 16, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »
You know I've always taken your recs, seriously, Oscar. You suggested Jak 2. I bought it a week later. That's what friends do, right?
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5703 on: February 16, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »
I'd be curious to see the list of good iOS games.  I hate touchscreen gaming but if there are games that use the touchscreen format well, I doubt it would be much of an issue.  However I have a hard time find good, credible iOS recommendations other than "this game isn't much but it's 99 cents."
🍆🍆

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #5704 on: February 16, 2014, 11:59:02 AM »
I'd be curious to see the list of good iOS games.  I hate touchscreen gaming but if there are games that use the touchscreen format well, I doubt it would be much of an issue.  However I have a hard time find good, credible iOS recommendations other than "this game isn't much but it's 99 cents."
start reading TouchArcade and the list will stack up in no time
SRY

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5705 on: February 16, 2014, 12:06:05 PM »
Amazon supposedly received new Ps4 stock yesterday and it's already sold out. Amazon UK is out of stock as well.

Japan release will be next week. I'm predicting ~400k sold in its debut week.

Ps4:X1 WW sales ratio will be 2:1 by the end of the month. Crazy shit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:08:25 PM by Third »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #5706 on: February 16, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »
Amazon supposedly received new Ps4 stock yesterday and it's already sold out. Amazon UK is out of stock as well.

Japan release will be next week. I'm predicting ~400k sold in its debut week.

Ps4:X1 WW sales ratio will be 2:1 by the end of the month. Crazy shit.

have you ever considered playing the hearts of iron games? you get to command production, lines of supply, logistics; all in the name of the war effort. seems way more your speed than all the cinematic nonsense sony keeps pushing.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5707 on: February 16, 2014, 12:25:26 PM »
strategy  :yuck

Supporting the winning side is much easier.

Himu

« Reply #5708 on: February 16, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
BAN

THIRD

goddamit someone make me mod i will end this shit NOW
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #5709 on: February 16, 2014, 12:29:56 PM »
strategy  :yuck

Supporting the winning side is much easier.

the winners of the liberian civil war still have to live in liberia.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5710 on: February 16, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »
Why y'all so mad?

I'm talking about sales in a sales thread. It's not my fault Nintendo and MS are bombing or that PC gaming sucks.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Himu

« Reply #5712 on: February 16, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »
Joe, Demi. I have the credentials. I modded a large Square fansite in the years 2001-2005. GIVE ME MODS. BlueTsunami is MIA and Lyte Edge doesn't touch this thread. If it's not me, make it someone else. Just BAN THIRD.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5713 on: February 16, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »
BAN

THIRD

goddamit someone make me mod i will end this shit NOW

There's a reason we have a dedicated sales thread, and it's a very good reason.
dog

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5714 on: February 16, 2014, 12:46:45 PM »
Wow, even the Ps3 seems to be outselling the X1 worldwide  :o

MS fucked up hard. They need that middle-aged bald dude with the hoodie to lead their gaming divison again.

Beezy

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5716 on: February 16, 2014, 01:19:02 PM »
Joe, Demi. I have the credentials. I modded a large Square fansite in the years 2001-2005. GIVE ME MODS. BlueTsunami is MIA and Lyte Edge doesn't touch this thread. If it's not me, make it someone else. Just BAN THIRD.
just ignore him. You're basically egging him on with posts like this

Himu

« Reply #5717 on: February 16, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »
But what if I buy an xbox one instead ? :o
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5718 on: February 16, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »
But what if I buy an xbox one instead ? :o
Then we can play titanfall together!! Do it!!

Himu

« Reply #5719 on: February 16, 2014, 01:52:01 PM »
I can thank third and lager for making me want a One.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5720 on: February 16, 2014, 02:13:10 PM »
I have no interest in either of the next-gen consoles for the next year or two (the PS3's announced release schedule is inarguably better than either and probably both combined) but I also have to admit, if I had the money to toss around that I would be sorely tempted to troll-purchase one just to piss those two fucksticks off.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #5721 on: February 16, 2014, 02:14:32 PM »
Yeah, that'll show them... :comeon

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #5722 on: February 16, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »
I have like $300 worth of Gamestop giftcards burning a hole in my pocket, and I almost jumped on PS4 the few times I've seen them in stock... but it's like, the only games I'm interested in that are currently out are a graphic update to a game I didn't even get around to playing this past gen (Tomb Raider), and Defender with better particle effects...

I highly doubt MS is gonna even bother courting niche Japanese devs so even though the Xbone's lineup is more appealing to me at the moment (Dead Rising, Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon to some extent), the PS4 is gonna end up having more of the games I'm into.

Whenever we get more firm release dates for FFXV, Witcher 3, Phantom Pain... or when we have some more captivating software announced (here's hoping we get some more news after its JP launch), then I'll be much more ready to jump.
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5723 on: February 16, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
Buy consoles because people on the internet irritate you, brehs?

:yeshrug
yar

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5724 on: February 16, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »
Don't forget to buy one at Target, though

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327400-target-buy-an-xbox-one-get-a-50-gc/

They're handing out $50 giftcards to move rotting stock  :lol

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #5725 on: February 16, 2014, 02:42:08 PM »
Everyone ITT needs to chill.

Unzip

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5726 on: February 16, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
Don't forget to buy one at Target, though

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327400-target-buy-an-xbox-one-get-a-50-gc/

They're handing out $50 giftcards to move rotting stock  :lol

If I do, I'ma make sure I pay cash :hitler
yar

Tasty

Re: Third-kun's Sales Thread of Sales Madness
« Reply #5727 on: February 16, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »
Himu-chan's Sales Thread of Credentials-Having

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5728 on: February 16, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
Title change  :lol

Himuro and Creepy Guy can stay mad while playing muddy low-res games with N64-era fps on their overpriced X1. This is going to become a looooong gen to some.

Talking about muddy graphics... Do you guys think Titanfall will sell the most on the X1? I think that the X1 sku will sell the most in NA. Europe wil def prefer the PC version.

« Reply #5729 on: February 16, 2014, 03:15:22 PM »
I know it doesn't make a ton of sense to expect rationality in terms of console warriors, but I find some of this stuff genuinely baffling. I know Third mentioned not even having a PS4 yet. What about Kosma? I mean, again, I know fanboys gotta fanboy, but shouldn't you at least have played the console a bit before taking glee in its success and heralding it as gaming's savior?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:26:27 PM by Steve Youngblood »

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #5730 on: February 16, 2014, 03:24:42 PM »
I'm still waiting for my Ps4. The  thing is sold out in the Netherlands and in Belgium.

I tried to find one in Germany. But after visiting a few stores there and almost getting blind from all the shiny green walls of unsold X1 stock, I found out that the Ps4 is sold out in Germany as well.

I really want one, but just can't get one for the moment.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
I'm still waiting for my Ps4. The  thing is sold out in the Netherlands and in Belgium.

I tried to find one in Germany. But after visiting a few stores there and almost getting blind from all the shiny green walls of unsold X1 stock, I found out that the Ps4 is sold out in Germany as well.

Have you considered using tampons in the meantime to control your heavy flow?
Unzip

« Reply #5732 on: February 16, 2014, 03:29:46 PM »

That's a shame, Third. I have one and barely use it outside of watching Netflix on it. Life is unfair, isn't it?

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
I'm a bit of a fan of everyone's feathers getting ruffled by thirds pony deep throating.
dur

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5734 on: February 16, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »

TouchArcade likes any garbage game, tho. Not the best barometer. Come to iOS thread and read my posts. I have exquisite taste in iOS.
fat

Raban

• The baby...
you're so modest, demi :lol

Whether or not you agree with the reviewers, they still give you a good idea of what to expect out of any given iOS game and their website is approachably designed.
SRY

Tasty

« Reply #5736 on: February 16, 2014, 03:48:18 PM »
I'm still waiting for my Ps4.

How the fuck do you fail at being a fanthing so bad. I mean fuck, buying the console you're stanning for is like the first step. You bring (further) shame on all fanboys.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
PS4 is sold out here brehs, but i have played it.

Also I still have a 20ish games backlog.

Third

• BODY TALK
Microsoft Corporation’s Xbox One Looks Like a Total Failure

Not my words. Yahoo told me so. Thought I'd share  :heart

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Where did you find that the ps3 is outselling the bone btw?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
If someone bothers you, just put them on ignore.  It seems like The Bore rarely bans people and the place is better off for it.  If you're one of those "ignore list is for pussies" people, then shut the fuck up and deal with it.  Or annihilate them so hard that they'll refuse to come back to the thread out of shame.
🍆🍆

archnemesis

The PS4 is finally starting to pop up in stores more regularly over here. It's often priced over MSRP and it will sell out almost immediately when it's not. I believe they're getting close to fulfilling the launch pre-order demand and it will be interesting to see how it will sell in Q2.

Beezy

If someone bothers you, just put them on ignore.  It seems like The Bore rarely bans people and the place is better off for it.  If you're one of those "ignore list is for pussies" people, then shut the fuck up and deal with it.  Or annihilate them so hard that they'll refuse to come back to the thread out of shame.

Just for the record, I'm not posting from a "mods help; PS4 fanboys are making me angry!" place. I just genuinely don't understand the perspective, and it strikes me as embarrassing. Like, there's all this schadenfreude at Microsoft's failure where the underlying theme is "suck it Xbot fanboys," and I can't figure out who that is directed at.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

Just for the record, I'm not posting from a "mods help; PS4 fanboys are making me angry!" place. I just genuinely don't understand the perspective, and it strikes me as embarrassing. Like, there's all this schadenfreude at Microsoft's failure where the underlying theme is "suck it Xbot fanboys," and I can't figure out who that is directed at.

I wasn't directing it towards you, more towards the thread in general.

Third and Kosma are white noise shitposting but I just scroll past their comments.  Methodis is somewhat entertaining, maybe it is his misspellings that make his posts marginally more readable than Third or Kosma's.  I'm not sure who they are directing it towards except maybe they had a lot of pent up trolling since they couldn't do it with the PS3.  I don't know but it isn't worth engaging with them to figure out why.
🍆🍆

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Im just happy ms is failing cause they made a shit product and they wanted to have some super anti consumer shit.

I dont have pent up anger from the ps3 or ps2 age because I was an xbox owner then, I would have been one again if MS just delivered again.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Good jon, Europe.
Unzip

Third

• BODY TALK

It's dONE. MS must probably pay EA in the billions to keep Titanfall franchise X1 exclusive.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
:drudge :drudge :drudge
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769583

MCD on suicide watch.

I shudder to think what kind of patchwork, halfassed UI Amazon would bring to an Xbox Kindle
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
In other news, after a little work I got Fallout 3 running pretty well on my tablet, gonna try FO:NV and Oblivion next!

THE FUTURE IS ALREADY HERE
sup

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm

I wasn't directing it towards you, more towards the thread in general.

Third and Kosma are white noise shitposting but I just scroll past their comments.  Methodis is somewhat entertaining, maybe it is his misspellings that make his posts marginally more readable than Third or Kosma's.  I'm not sure who they are directing it towards except maybe they had a lot of pent up trolling since they couldn't do it with the PS3.  I don't know but it isn't worth engaging with them to figure out why.

I would say that the difference between "white noise shitposting" and "somewhat entertaining" explains the calls for bans

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5751 on: February 16, 2014, 06:07:59 PM »

TouchArcade likes any garbage game, tho. Not the best barometer. Come to iOS thread and read my posts. I have exquisite taste in iOS.

Did an ADVENT RISING stan seriously just type that? Seriously? Breh, rethink this line of argument on your part.  :comeon
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Don't remind me.

*gazes hatingly at his iPhone4*
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5753 on: February 16, 2014, 06:21:07 PM »

Did an ADVENT RISING stan seriously just type that? Seriously? Breh, rethink this line of argument on your part.  :comeon

Rethink nothing. You're noise. Come at me. I'll lick your asshole.
fat

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5754 on: February 16, 2014, 06:27:26 PM »

Rethink nothing. You're noise. Come at me. I'll lick your asshole.

Well... that escalated quickly.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:phil :phil :phil
[close]

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unlike the X-box's sales.
[close]

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
Lots of people are doing work in the same spirit he does, and I feel they're doing better with it.  It's easy to exclude Minter's iOS stuff because it's frankly awful by comparison.  Some of his worst work IMO.

If you want real recommendations, I'll be happy to give them, on the condition you actually take them seriously and give them an honest try.  I'm not really willing to put in the effort otherwise.  I don't usually do recommends cuz it's generally a waste of time since people either don't try what I recommend or go into em with the mindset of proving me wrong.

I think you might have me down as some sort of iOS hater, but that's certainly not the case - i buy a good bulk of games - the Cave games i'd stick right up there and are an excellent example of how you can make your games work for iOS for instance. I am not interested in proving anyone wrong, hell - if you dig out the last GAFcasts , i had iOS stuff in there and had iOS games on my GOTY lists for last god knows how many years - hell, last year (or was it two years back?!) i had New Star Soccer as my GOTY (a game that has consequently been turned to garbage due to retweaking to push IAP, making it extremely difficult to continue without coughing up money - but that's another thread). Christ - even throw away stuff like Audio Ninja i've dumped so much time into i can literally play the challenge levels blindfolded :) ... though i don't think many people recommended A.Ninja, it's perfect if you are into 100%'ing stuff.

Annnnyways, Minter , bear in mind, has been striving to perfect Tempest for the last 15 years or so - TxK is godlike and whilst there maybe some Jonny-come-lately types jumping on it, i think most the people excited for it are genuinely so.

And yes, Minters games on iOS are a very mixed bag to put it mildly.
O=X

fizzel

Or annihilate them so hard that they'll refuse to come back to the thread out of shame.

You can't kill that which has no life.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Update:  FO:NV runs better than FO3, with fewer tweaks. At 1024x768 low settings, I'm getting 30-50 fps, with dips into the 20s in spots. I ran a couple performance mods for both, which stripped away some game clutter like cutting down the # of burned books and rubble (you won't miss any of it). On to Oblivion!
sup

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Update:  FO:NV runs better than FO3, with fewer tweaks. At 1024x768 low settings, I'm getting 30-50 fps, with dips into the 20s in spots. I ran a couple performance mods for both, which stripped away some game clutter like cutting down the # of burned books and rubble (you won't miss any of it). On to Oblivion!

Is this on the Venue? Man I wish I'd taken advantage of that refurb offer. *sad trombone noise*
yar

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
No, I sold that to a friend and paid the difference to get an Asus Transformer t100.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7428/asus-transformer-book-t100-review

Same guts, though, just a bigger screen.  I loved the form factor of the V8P, but the tiny text was putting a big strain on my eyes (I already have to wear reading glasses nowadays). I guess anything with a screen below 10" is sort of out of my consideration from now on :(
sup