Author Topic: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012 Update Now Up!  (Read 105792 times)

Robo

Re: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition DLC Hits 6/7!
« Reply #1320 on: June 05, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
Can I dl AE dlc if I just buy regular SF4 for 360

Nah, the AE DLC is for SSF4.
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1321 on: June 05, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »
It's stupid how the retail version doesn't come with any benefits, I can understand how they want to pick up late adopters, but if it came with all of the costumes and maybe another set that'll be extra DLC for normal versions, they probably could have gotten some extra sales.

They're gonna get some extra sales anyway...there are plenty of fanboys who have already said that they're buying the DLC AND the retail versions too.   :lol

ど助平

Robo

« Reply #1322 on: June 05, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »
You kinda have to get the disc copy at some point for the sake of portability.  :(
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1323 on: June 07, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
So who got AE?

I double-dipped and am really liking Yang...may take him up.

They also reset all the PP and BP points, which I'm actually glad about.  Now I can screw around in endless without anyone knowing my level.   :lol
ど助平

Enl

« Reply #1324 on: June 07, 2011, 08:56:15 PM »
Well I got it but can't played it because it doesn't work with the GOD version. No word yet to when it will ever be fixed.  :'(
mmm

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1325 on: June 07, 2011, 10:37:20 PM »
That is awful.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1326 on: June 08, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »
Well I got it but can't played it because it doesn't work with the GOD version. No word yet to when it will ever be fixed.  :'(

WTF!?  They need to address that ASAP.
ど助平

Enl

« Reply #1327 on: June 08, 2011, 07:52:47 PM »
Woo! GOD version is patched! Gouken buffs here I come!
mmm

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1328 on: June 12, 2011, 02:27:42 AM »
caved and bought. hadn't read about it or anything, but seems like vega/claw is buffed!  :D

destroyed a few fools!

Robo

« Reply #1329 on: June 12, 2011, 11:59:24 AM »
The wiki guide on SRK has a decent overview of the AE changes, character-to-character, and has all of the updated framedata.
obo

Robo

« Reply #1330 on: August 23, 2011, 12:01:13 AM »
First part of the change list for Arcade Edition v.2012:

Ryu
• Increased the vertical hitbox on Ultra 2 for better anti-air/full animation.

• Can combo full Ultra 2 after counter hit EX Fireball. So if Crouching Medium Kick gets absorbed by a Focus Attack, Ryu can do EX Fireball, FADC U2 for 500 damage. If Ryu is close range he can hit EX Fireball -> U2 without a Focus Attack Dash Cancel.

• The "brake" frame on Air Hurricane Kick decreased by 3 frames, if used on this frame the trajectory will change.

• Solar Plexus (Toward + Hard Punch) 40+60 for 100 total damage.

• If he hits Standing Hard Kick counter hit on a crouching opponent, he can combo sweep after it.

Notes

The biggest change is to his Metsu Shoryuken, we made it much easier to use.

First, we improved its function as an anti air. The vertical hitbox is larger and it is easy to the the lock (full ultra) hit.

Also, if you manage to get a good read on your opponent and land a counter hit Shakunetsu (EX) Hadouken, you can combo into U2. You will only get the full ultra if the EX hadouken counter hit the opponent. For example, if you threw out a crouching forward and it was focused you could then do EX Hadouken → FADC → Dash → U2. You could get upwards of 500 damage with this, giving you a change to make a heavy comeback in one shot. If you are very close to your opponent, you could combo U2 off an EX Hadouken without a focus cancel.

Other things

The effective frames for the "brake" on a rising air Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku (Tatsu) has been reduced by 3 frames (from the front of the "brake" frames). When you use it on these frames, the trajectory of your tatsu will change (larger window for a "normal" air tatsu).

Solar Plexus Strike is now 40+60, giving you 100 points of damage.

You can combo into crouching roundhouse no matter what your opponent's character is from a close standing roundhouse.

Chun-Li
• Head Stomps will come out when holding down-forward, not just down. They note that down-back doesn't work, though.

• Kintekishu (Back + Medium Kick) +3 advantage on counter hit, easier to hit confirm into the second hit.

• Her Sweep (Crouching Hard Kick) has 150 stun.

• Fireball startup is 9 frames, easier to use as anti air and in combos.

• They are fixing the bug where characters fell out of the Ultra 1 juggle in Arcade Edition.

Ken
• Target combo hits easier on crouching opponents, can also delay the inputs.

• EX Shoryuken damage 80+30+30+50, for 190 total. This did 180 damage in Arcade Edition.

E. Honda
• Light Punch Headbutt gets its upper body invincibility back.

• Medium Punch Headbutt loses invincibility, so it works the same way as Light Punch Headbutt did in Arcade Edition.

Blanka
• Each Rolling Attack (Beast Roll) gets an extra 10 in damage, so Light Punch 110, Medium Punch 120, Hard Punch 130, EX 120.

• For Hard Punch and EX Ball, if it hits on the second frame (same frame where Focus Attack cancel is possible), it causes blow-back damage. Will be easier to follow-up EX Ball with additional hits if Focus Attack Dash Cancelled.

• Charged Rock Crusher gives Blanka a +5 frame advantage, so he can do Rock Crusher, c.MK, Hard Punch Rolling Attack as a combo.

Zangief
• Light Punch Spinning Pile Driver does 150 stun. Up from 100 in Arcade Edition.

• EX Green Hand (Banishing Flat) damage 90+50 for a total of 140. Stun 100+50 for a total of 150. Damage in Arcade Edition was 130 and stun was 100.

• Adjusted the hitbox on Crouching Light Punch, so that it hits more easily off a jump-in against characters it formerly didn't.

• Hurtbox for Crouching Hard Kick reduced in height, making it easier to pass under certain attacks.

Guile
• Balance adjustments centered around the changes made to him from Super to Arcade Edition.

• The frames in which Guile could be counter-hit after Sonic Boom have been eliminated? (Not 100% sure).

• Air throws have 3 frames of startup now, this is down from 4 in Arcade Edition.

• Spinning Backfist does 100 damage.

• Can't be thrown out of upside down kick from the 6th frame until the last active frame.

Dhalsim
• Yoga Inferno (Super move) damage 75 x 2, 60 x 3 for a total of 330 damage. This did 300 damage in Arcade Edition.

• EX Yoga Blast damage 90 + 50. First hit gets 20 more damage, second hit 20 less, so if Dhalsim only gets the first hit he gets the better damage.

• Crouching Light Punch active for 4 frames. But other frame info unaltered.

• Hurtbox on Yoga Blast reduced.

• Can follow up Yoga Blast with additional moves for combo.

Balrog (Boxer)
• Headbutt damage fixed back to Super, strong 120, Fierce 140, EX 150.

• U2 damage 399.

• Hit properties on Dash Overhead changed so that it can combo into c.strong on all characters.

• Close stand fierce hitbox extended downwards so that it hits crouching characters that it used to whiff on.

Sagat
• Angry Scar Tiger Uppercut damage increased: LP, MP and EX add +10 damage.

C. Viper
• MP Thunder Knuckle 120 -> 110 damage

• EX Thunder Knuckle startup reduced to 25f, but +2 recovery

• EX Seismo 120 -> 100 damage

• U1 -> 441 damage

• U1 hitbox improved so it's easier to hit fully after air burnkick and HP Thunder Knuckle

• U2 damage increased to 410

M.Bison (Dictator)
• Scissors stun changed to 100/50 (150 total) on all strengths

• First hit causes 1f extra hitstun, so if you FADC the first hit you can have +5 advantage at best.

BUFFS, all 'round.  I like it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:28:46 AM by Robo »
obo

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1331 on: August 23, 2011, 12:18:58 AM »
Just wait for the Yun, Fei, and possibly Seth notes :teehee

Balrog (Boxer)
• Headbutt damage fixed back to Super, strong 120, Fierce 140, EX 150.

• Hit properties on Dash Overhead changed so that it can combo into c.strong on all characters.

• Close stand fierce hitbox extended downwards so that it hits crouching characters that it used to whiff on.

Finally, Rog got some buffs. I'm tired of Capcom subtly nerfing him in every single update. About time he got something back.
BiSH

Robo

« Reply #1332 on: August 23, 2011, 12:36:52 AM »
Those headbutt damage nerfs were a bit overboard.  I think nerfing his standing jab so it no longer hits crouching was HUGE, and plenty.  Making that cr.strong after overhead land against everyone is nice; I wonder if the headbutt follow-up is consistent then.
obo

Beezy

« Reply #1333 on: August 23, 2011, 01:51:14 AM »
That's it for Bison? I wanna see what they're gonna do to Makoto and Rose.

Robo

« Reply #1334 on: August 23, 2011, 01:53:23 AM »
That's not bad for Dictator.  I'm disappointed they didn't do anything about how absolutely useless they made his Ultra2 in AE, but otherwise he's fine with the AE changes.
obo

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1335 on: August 23, 2011, 02:15:03 AM »
overhead into c.strong on errybody? shiiii~ I love that combo. :elephant

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1336 on: August 23, 2011, 02:32:40 AM »
Now if only they did something about his overhead having 230593 frames of startup, making it easy to block. :-*

You have to be really fucking sneaky to land one, and you only get like one chance per match. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to pick up a new main - Rog is too predictable.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:34:25 AM by iconoclast »
BiSH

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #1337 on: August 23, 2011, 02:51:46 AM »
Only played Balrog in Vanilla, but I usually got it to pop when I tried. just threw a million straights and smashes to dull the other player into sleeping on down/back :D

My problem with Balrog is more that he's kinda boring. Or at least, I felt I couldn't really change it up too much in terms of playstyle as I could with Abel or Akuma. Balrog has more well defined "this is the best option" answers for most situations I feel, and none of them are too demanding.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:54:02 AM by Brobzoid »

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1338 on: August 24, 2011, 01:11:38 AM »
ROUND 2!

Gen
• Fixed an incorrect scaling with counterhit Crane crouching Light Punch.

• Increase the active frames of Crane crouching Hard Kick by 5.

• The final hit of MK Gekiro builds 10 more meter than before.

• Also the final hit of all Gekiros now perform untechable knockdowns.

• EX Jyasen now has three different versions. Activated with (LP + MP, LP + HP, MP + HP). The distance each travels and the damage each deals varies.

• Iffy translation: For EX Jyasen, from when the striking portion is active until it ends Gen is completely invulnerable.

• Iffy translation: Regular Jyasen now has 4 frames less recovery.

• Mantis Ultra 2 (Shitenketsu) has reduced startup from 9 to 7 frames.

Sakura
• Fixed the hitbox on the EX Hurricane Kick. cr.LK cr.LP cr.HP xx EX Hurricane will always work now.

• EX Fireball damage increased. Level 1 release now does 120, Level 2 release does 130.

Seth
• Tanden Stream damage reduced to 340.

• The damage from Seth's cr.HP into Ultra 1 has been altered in terms of overall damage distribution.

• Angled jumping HP now has four more active frames. Overall frame data in terms of startup and recovery were not changed.

• Neutral jump medium kick now has lower body invincibility.

• Sometimes when hitting someone with Seth's jumping Hard Kick, recoil would prevent Seth from comboing into Crouching Light or Medium Punch. This has been fixed.

Cammy
• Hard Kick Spiral Arrow's hit properties are back to how they were in SSF4 console (Note: In AE when you combo into Hard Kick Spiral Arrow, sometimes Cammy will go under your opponent and switch... which is especially bad when you've successfully pushed him into the corner).

Abel
• Crouching Hard Punch returned to Super status where you could use it as an anti-air.

• All Tornado Throws do 10+ more damage. Light: 160, Medium: 180, Hard/EX: 200

• This is an iffy translation: You might be able to FADC the second hit of Change of Direction now. And that dashing forward afterwards and doing a cr.HP into Ultra works just as fine as if you had FADCed from the first hit.

Rufus
• If you use Ultra 2 as an anti-air, you get a bit more damage than before, 236.

El Fuerte
• Invincibility returned on Tortilla.

• Reduced charge time on EX Quesadilla Bomb.

• EX Quesadilla Bomb on counter-hit does a wallbounce.

• Fixed the fact that some characters fell out of his RSF (Run Stop Fierce) loop due to recoil.

Akuma
• Demon Flip Punch attack no longer an overhead (Note: This was one of the few buffs in AE I think), so you can now block low for that.

• Forward throw now has 2 more recovery frames.

• When you cancel a teleport into U2, the damage has been increased to 421.

Fei Long
• Recovery frames for the second hit of Rekkas (Light, Medium and Hard) have been changed. On block:
Light: -8
Medium: -10
Hard: -12

• Second hit Rekkas have less pushback now, so it's easier to punish on block.

• For light and medium Rekka Kens, the second hit does half as much chip damage.

• Flame Kick's damage has been revised.
Light: 120 -> 110 Medium: 140 -> 120 Hard: 160 -> 150 EX: 200 -> 190

• If you FADC a Flame Kick (any version) after the first hit, on block it is now -1.

• Hard Kick Chicken Wing's damage has been revised. It is now 35+35+30 for a total of 100.

• They've modified the hitboxes of all Chicken Wings in a way that they're less likely to cross-up (Translator's note: but still possible). Apparently previously you could perform "half a loop combo" against certain characters by doing close standing MP -> EX Chicken Wing. That won't be possible anymore.

• For both close standing and far standing LP, hitstun has been decreased by 1 frame. On hit it is now +5, so you can't combo into certain moves now.

• Crouching MP's damage has been reduced from 65 to 55.

• Damage for his overhead (Torward + MK) has been increased from 60 to 70.

Rose
• Soul Spark meter gain returned to 20 -> 30.

• Soul Satellite's (Ultra 2) startup frames reduced from 7 to 5.

• Soul Piede (Toward + Hard Kick) changed to Vanilla properties.

• Close Standing Medium Kick is +4 on hit, making it easier to combo into Crouching Light Punch, as well as making it possible to combo into Crouching Medium Punch.

• Fixed some bug with Crouching Medium Kick counterhits.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/23/part-2-ssf4-ae-v2012-changes-japanese-dev-team/

--

Fei got destroyed :rofl

I think they went overboard with him. And they're going to go overboard on Yun as well. A lot of characters are getting buffed, if they just nerfed the top tier a LITTLE the gap would be perfectly fine. (and honestly I think the current AE balance is fine as it is. Yun isn't a God tier characte; he's not even on vanilla Sagat's level)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:24:40 AM by iconoclast »
BiSH

Robo

« Reply #1339 on: August 24, 2011, 03:04:48 AM »
Fei is like Super Sagat all over again.  I think all he really needed was a damage nerf, particularly on HK chicken wing and flame kick (which is still probably too high for how fucking good it is).  The rekka and standing jab nerfs are way overboard.  Maybe they'll get revised after the location test.

Akuma's changes are interesting.  I'm glad they nerfed the flip punch; that thing is bullshit.  I assume the added throw recovery affects his safe jumps and vortex nonsense too.

And Seth gets no significant knocks.  I guess not everyone can be Poongko.

I disagree with that note they added for Cammy.  If you put yourself in the corner with a HK spiral arrow, you can immediately jump out and ambiguous dive kick cross-up against quickrise that is very difficult to counter, even with DPs.  And if you don't want to go into the corner, you can just MK spiral arrow instead.

However, changing it back to the way it was in Super presumably means you can FADC the first hit at any range if you happen to miss a link, which I'm happy with.  That shit is just WAY too punishable to be a part of her bnb and have it not FADC-able from any reasonable distance.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:32:00 AM by Robo »
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1340 on: August 24, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
Nah, fuck it...nerf the hell out of Yun and Fei-Long.  PLEASE.
ど助平

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1341 on: August 24, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »
I'm glad they didn't touch Seth too much. Poongko is literally the only person who can absolutely destroy with him. Online Tony (and maybe Kindevu?) is good too, but it's just Poongko who really shows how dangerous Seth can be. And yeah, Akuma's demon flip punch no longer hitting overheard is good news for everyone except Akuma players. Stupid move. And I'm glad they fixed Sakura's combo.

Screw Fuerte buffs though. He's the most annoying character in the game to play against. I'd prefer having him at Hakan tier so everyone stops using him. :D
BiSH

Enl

« Reply #1342 on: August 24, 2011, 02:33:44 PM »
Gouken

• The blog states Gouken has received the largest adjustments so far.

• Gouken's Denjin Hadouken (Ultra 2) has received many changes. You can charge up this move faster by rotating the joystick in 360 degree motions now, just like Ryu could in SF3 Third Strike with his Denjin Fireball.

There are three speed-ups and five damage levels, with the charge times as follows:
 Level 1 – 13 frames
 Level 2 – 17 frames
 Level 3 – 37 frames
 Level 4 – 57 frames
 Level 5 – 80 frames

• His Denjin can be sped up to up to twice its normal speed and powered up now. Also, 45 more damage added to all the "levels" of Denjin Hadouken charges. Charge times are now the same regardless of the amount of your ultra gauge.

• All of Gouken's Running Palms got altered. Hitbox size on Light Running Palm increased. Medium Palm Strike has been changed to be the same as Light Palm Strike in SSF4. Hard Palm Strike has been changed to be the same as Medium Palm Strike was in Super.

• Gouken's counters have a larger counter-box, so it will be easier to intercept attacks. Stun for each counter increased from 150 to 200.

• Active frames on cr.HP increased.

• The character-specific problem with cl.MP, cr.HP xx EX Running Palm not connecting has been fixed.

Gouken buffs on top of the buffs he received in AE! Light Running Palm is back too! :hyper
mmm

Robo

« Reply #1343 on: August 25, 2011, 02:14:30 AM »
MORE:

Hakan
• Hakan gets oiled from the start of the match.

• Neutral Jump Light Kick hitbox is bigger.

• Neutral Jump Light Punch is active 8 frames.

• Neutral Jump Medium Punch is active 4 frames.

• Jumping Light Punch is active 8 frames.

• Crouching Hard Punch now hits twice.

• Toward + Medium Punch has a smaller vulnerability area.

• Hakan now slides when you do Guard Position (Command Crouch) from a dash; applies to both forward and back dashes.

• Oil Slide does more stun; if you input Oil Shower follow-up, the slide does 100 stun. If you do the Body Press follow-up, 150 stun total during the press. This means you won't miss your combo chances if you stun an opponent with the slide.

• Oil Dive's trajectory and reach revised, buffing Hard Kick and EX.

• Medium and Hard Oil Dive, when whiffing a crouching opponent, will go past your opponent to make punishing him harder. • Light Kick Oil Dive has a faster startup, Medium Kick has the old LK startup, Hard Kick has the old MK startup.

• Dive won't whiff against shorter characters if they're standing.

• Hakan's Super activates faster, has an improved grab hitbox and, like Oil Dive, Medium and Hard versions can pass over crouching opponents. LK and MK Oil Spin (Super) have a faster startup.

Adon
• Close Standing Medium Punch is now at -4 frame disadvantage.

• Close Standing Medium Kick is +2 on hit, and +3 on block.

• Adon's focus attack's hitbox size was increased so that it won't whiff on certain characters while crouching.

• All versions of Rising Jaguar got a horizontal hitbox increase on their first hits. This will prevent accidental cross-unders after an FADC of Rising Jaguar.

• Also, there is now one extra frame in Rising Jaguar where it can be FADCed.

• Ultra 1 hitbox adjusted so that it's less likely to whiff against standing opponents at close range.

Evil Ryu
• Health and stun both increased to 900.

• Far Standing Hard Kick has a bigger hitbox.

• Sweep starts up in 6 frames now.

• Target Combo's standing Hard Punch will knock the opponent down and away on counter-hit. Also the damage on this move was buffed.

• You can now cancel the Hop Kick into a Hurricane Kick. This includes EX.

• One more frame of invincibility on Medium dragon punch.

• Hard Axe Kick now has 26 frames of startup and can be comboed into. Damage and stun on the move has been reduced to 150 and 130.

• Landing the Axe Kick as part of an aerial juggle causes an untechable knockdown.

• Raging Demon damage increased by 20.

• The amount of time to charge Ultra 1 to full power has been decreased. As an example, you can now land a fully charged Ultra 1 after a Level 2 Focus crumple. A combo example; EX Hadouken -> Level 2 FA crumple -> Full Ultra 1 animation.

Dudley
• Dudley's standing Hard Kick is now +7 on counter-hit. The blog notes that if you land a counter-hit standing Hard Kick and cancel into Light Ducking, you'll still be at +4.

• Dudley's neutral jump Light Punch got a hitbox size buff.

• Neutral Jump Hard Punch startup changed to 6 frames, and the hitbox was extended in size.

• Angled jumping Light and Medium Punch have had their active times lengthened.

• Dudley's Level 1 Focus Attack has an extra frame of blockstun, when it's guarded. This means that if you dash forward after a Level 1 Focus Attack is guarded, Dudley is now at -3.

• Short Swing Blow has had its hurtbox on Dudley's lower body reduced.

• EX Thunderbolt does not flash yellow until it comes down from the sky.

• Thunderbolts will now strike more hits on airborne opponents.

• You can now Super Cancel Dudley's rose toss taunt. This also means that you can FADC it.

• Dudley's Ultra 1 will now strike more hits against an airborne opponent. [translator's note: The blog might be talking about making Dudley's Ultra 1 and Ibuki's Ultra 2 so that they juggle non-cinematic like Yun and Yang's do.]

Oni
• Stamina from 950 to 1000.

• First hit of EX Goshoryuken causes untechable knockdown.

• Previously for EX Hurricane there were situations where not every hit would connect. That has been fixed.

• LK Demon Slash now has an additional hitbox on the lower side, so it's easier to hit thinner/crouching opponents.

• Raging Demon's damage icreased from 350 to 370 regardless if it's ground or air.

• With UC1, when you aim it upwards, it's 9 frames on start-up. Full invincibility from start-up to the second active frame.

Juri
• Faster dash during Feng Shui Engine (UC1), further reach

• cl.MK 2nd hit has a larger hitbox, less likely to whiff when the 1st hits

• Focus attack hitbox revised, will hit smaller characters (when crouching, etc.)

• Fuhajin (fireball) kick attack damage to 50

• Senpusha (pinwheel): LK is has 5F extra advantage on first hit; MK, HK have 5F extra advantage on 1st, 2nd hit; EX has 5F extra advantage on 2nd hit.

• Senpusha ? FADC ? Kaisen Dankairaku (UC2) now possible

• EX Senpusha has an extra frame of invincibility during Feng Shui Engine for the first hit

• EX Shikusen (dive kick) trajectory can be changed by the kick buttons used during Feng Shui

• LK+MK: same trajectory as before; MK+HK: same as normal MK version, LK+HK: same as normal HK version; LK+MK+HK has the same trajectory as before

• Juri now gains 1/3 meter during Feng Shui Engine, improved from no meter gain

Ibuki
• Bonsho Kick (Toward + Hard Kick) is now +1 on hit, -3 on block and +5 on counter-hit. It also has a different movement trajectory, will hit crouching opponents more easily.

• Hammer Kick (Toward + Medium Kick) startup time reduced by one frame, it now starts up in 25 frames.

• Tsujigoe (Command Jump) is throw-invincible until Ibuki is airborne, from activation until 12 frames and has a smaller hurtbox, making low attacks are easier to dodge; can Super cancel from an earlier timing than before.

• At point-blank range you can Tsujigoe to dodge a throw and hit the opponent with Kasumi Suzaku (Super).

• Yoroi Toshi's (Ultra 1) fireball release after a whiffed grab will now combo into full hits if it lands on an airborne opponent.

• Yoroi Toshi's fireball will also fully connect against a backdashing opponent, if your spacing is correct.

• Ibuki's Ultra 2 has been altered so that it juggles airborne opponents. The blog had a hard time explaining this one, but basically after a Level 2 Focus Attack, and allowing the opponent to crumple, all hits of Ultra 2 will still land. This might be the non-cinematic juggle like Yang and Yun can do.

Makoto
• From 1000 to 950 health (back to SSF4 value).

• Fukiage damage for LP, MP, HP from 100 to 90, EX from 140 to 120

• EX Karakusa (Grab and Choke) has less range.

• Standing Hard Kick has a lower extended hitbox.

• Target Combo 1's Standing Medium Kick can be cancelled, like the normal version.

• Tanden Renki (Super Combo) is 3 seconds longer.

• neutral j.MP has a forward extended hitbox, hurtbox

• Hayate have improved properties on charge

• Hayate changes: Light Punch Lv3, Lv4 and Medium Punch Lv4 have further forward movement, all Lv4 strengths are -2 on guard

• All Lv5 strengths are armor break, further forward movement, from 170 to 190 damage

• Can tell when you reach Lv5 charge timing by Makoto's voice

Yang
• Target Combo 2 130 damage, -7 on second attack.

• Standing Light Kick's startup increased to 5 frames, but has the original startup time during Sei'ei Enbu (Yang's Super). This move had a 3 frame startup in AE.

• Crouching Light Kick's damage reduced from 30 to 20. Upward hurtbox extended.

• cr.MP from 80 to 70 damage, 60 during Sei'ei Enbu

• (Far) st.MP hitbox pushed backwards, thus has shorter range

• diagonal j.MK hitbox changed, landing cross-ups is not as easier as before

• Raigekishu (dive kick): all versions have an addition hurtbox rectangle when activated, 2F extra landing recovery; stun from 100 to 50

• Senkyutai (roll kick): up until 5F, HK no longer has projectile-invincibility, MK has no projectile-invincibility at all

• All versions of Senkyutai (including EX) have about half size horizontal hitbox, all are 4F worse on guard

• EX Zenpou Tenshin has less reach, loses throw invincibility from the 8F onward

• Tourou Zan (mantis slashes): final hit of LP, MP, HP damage to 60; EX version now a true blockstring for all hits

• Byakko Soshoda (palm): MP, HP meter gain on whiff from 20 to 10, two extra frames to LP, MP, HP

• HP damage from 150 to 140, chip to 30, stun from 250 to 200; MP, HP have 4 less active frames

• Sei'ei Enbu is a second shorter, does less damage from chip

• Raishin Mahaken (UC1) from 480 to 450 at full UC meter

• Tenshin Senkyutai (UC2) is 3F slower, from 440 to 410 at full UC meter; the last hit of the non-cinematic version does 90 damage

Cody
• Walk speed both forwards and backwards has been increased.

• Hammer Hook (Toward + Hard Punch) has been heavily revised in terms of frame advantage. If Hammer Hook lands on a standing opponent, then Cody is at +3 frame advantage. If he hits a crouching opponent with it he gets +1 frame advantage. If the move is guarded, Cody is at -4 frame disadvantage.

• After connecting a Hammer Hook on a standing opponent, cr.LK xx MK Ruffian Kick followup combo is now possible.

• Bad Spray is now two hits and Super cancellable. You can now FADC the Bad Spray.

• Bad Spray, FADC into Final Destruction (Ultra 1) is now possible.

• Medium Ruffian Kick has had a hitbox size increase in the forward direction.

• EX Zonk Knuckle's first hit does further horizontal knockback.

• The blog notes that EX Zonk Knuckle -> FADC -> into Final Destruction (Ultra 1) is a little easier now.

• Cody can now block during his Knife Pickup animation.

• Knife Standing Light Punch +6 on hit.

• Knife Standing Medium Punch is now a two-hit move.

• Knife Standing Hard Punch is +3 on hit.

• Knife Crouching Medium Punch now has 4 active frames, smaller arm hurtbox, making it harder to stuff.

• Knife Crouching Hard Punch is now a 7 frame start-up, easier to use as anti-air.

Yun
• Target Combo 2 120 damage

• Target Combo 3 120 damage

• Target Combo 4 130 damage, -6 on block for second hit

• Target Combo 5 70 damage

• cr.LK has an upward extended hurtbox

• cr.MP damage from 60 to 50

• Higher high restriction for Raigekishu (dive kick), for LK, MK, and HK (all versions)

• +2 extra frames of hit, block stun on Raigekishu

• Senpukyaku (i'm assuming overhead) from 85 damage to 80 during Gen'ei Jin

• LK, MK, HK Zenpou Tenshin slowed to 11F, EX to 8F

• No throw invincibility on EX Zenpou

• EX Zesshou (lunge) hit distribution changed from 7/2 to 6/3, -1 on block

• MP, HP Kobokushi (palm) meter gain to +20

• LP Koboku is 25 frames total, MP, HP 45 frames total

• MP, HP Koboku damage from 160 to 140, stun from 250 to 200; chip damage for MP, HP to 30

• Active frames for MP, HP Koboku to 10

• Nishoukyaku (up kicks): LK only has invincibility up (and including) the first active frame

• More landing recovery on all versions (including EX)

• MK Nishou from 130 damage to 110

• Tetsuzanko (shoulder): HP damage from 140 to 100, EX from 80+70 to 90+40 (130 total); during the projectile invincible parts of the move, Yun's hurtbox against physical strikes is expanded

• Gen'ei Jin is a second shorter, does less damage

Guy
• The hitbox on Guy's Neutral Jump Hard Punch has been increased in size.

• Angled jump Medium Punch and angled jump Hard Kick have also received expansions to their hitboxes.

• The blog notes that when it says hitbox size increase, it mostly means they extended the bottom for each one.

• Guy's ground throw range has been increased. The blog says that it's now the same as Ryu's.

• Elbow Drop (command normal version) can now be activated with the joystick in the down-back position.

• If you choose not to perform an attack after the Izuna Flip, there is less recovery time on the ground.

• EX Hurricane Kick got a hitbox adjustment so that the opponent gets juggled into all of the hits easier.

Dee Jay
• His Far Standing Medium Punch is now special cancelable.

• The amount of time that a "Counter Hit" can be registered on Dee Jay after he fires an Air Slasher has been decreased.

• Double Rolling Sobat (Dread Kicks) got a damage increase. Light 80 -> 90, Medium 100 -> 110, Hard 120 -> 130.

• Dee Jay can now cancel out of Sobat Carnival (Super) into Sobat Festival (Ultra 1). This makes him, according to the blog, the only other character besides Dan who can cancel a Super directly into Ultra. If you land both it does 570 damage.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:17:37 AM by Robo »
obo

Beezy

« Reply #1344 on: August 25, 2011, 02:42:59 AM »
 :-\

Himu

« Reply #1345 on: August 25, 2011, 02:44:17 AM »
Is SSFIVAE retail version in stores?

I wanna get it and a fight pad so I can smack Beezy with my Ryu
IYKYK

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1346 on: August 25, 2011, 02:51:19 AM »
Yun :violin

I'm curious to see if top players like Daigo/Kindevu/Momochi will drop him and pick up someone else now.
BiSH

Robo

« Reply #1347 on: August 25, 2011, 03:14:32 AM »
Poor Makoto.  Oh well, there's always 3S.

Adon got a strange change, too.  Lost the cl.MK link into cr.MP xx Rising Jaguar (even though it was one-frame already), and instead gets to use cl.MK as a frame trapping tool on block, +3 being the most advantage he gets on guard on anything outside close standing jab.  I guess that's a fair trade, but I don't play Adon so I don't really know what that means.

Cody buffs are boss.  :bow  Walking speed and the Bad Spray changes should really help his defense.  Might finally see the top-tier Cody we all assumed he would be in Super.

Was hoping Deejay would get buffed a little more than he did, but I guess those are nice.  Since Ultra1 now hits in full from the super, hopefully it hits a bit more after some other stuff too.  Still presumably fucking useless as an anti-projectile ultra, but whatever -- at least it has SOME use now.  What I really wanted was some sort of buff to his ground defense; he just gets bodied against good ground pressure.  Flash kicks hit crouching, invincibility frames on EX MGU, FADC-able flash kicks, or even just cr.short be 4 frame startup (instead of 5) so the crouching throw tech option select actually, you know, has an OPTION in it.
obo

Beezy

« Reply #1348 on: August 25, 2011, 03:21:54 AM »
Poor Makoto.  Oh well, there's always 3S.
Seriously though, WHY?! She still wasn't a problem or a character that people feared after the AE buffs. Why make her worse? Smfh...

Himu

« Reply #1349 on: August 25, 2011, 03:23:49 AM »
so i can rail on yo ass with ryu
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1350 on: August 25, 2011, 03:23:57 AM »
nicca
IYKYK

Beezy

« Reply #1351 on: August 25, 2011, 03:26:39 AM »
COME AT ME BRO

Robo

« Reply #1352 on: August 25, 2011, 03:28:27 AM »
Makoto's pretty damn good in AE, but they coulda just left her alone and it would've been fine. 

That said, I'm not about to complain about it after having to deal with her ridiculous shit in 3S all night tonight.
obo

Robo

« Reply #1353 on: September 21, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
MORE changes to the beta version!

Ryu
[Hadouken]: Damage has been increased from 60->70. Chip damage remains the same at 15.
[H. Shoryuken]: Changed to be a 1 hit move, from the previous 2 hits. Start up is 3F. A deep hit (from active 1F to 2F) deals 160 damage, a shallow hit (from active 3F and up) deals 60 damage. First 4F from startup are invincible. Also [H.Shoryuken] cannot be EX Focus Canceled anymore, regardless of hit or block, so the risk and reward has been increased.

Ken
[cr.HK]: Startup changed from 7F->8F. So [far LP] -> [far MP] -> [cr.HK] combo string will no longer work.
[far HK]: Startup changed from 12F->11F, recovery from 21F->18F. On hit it now gives +1F, and on block -3F.
[Thunder Kick] (f+HK): Entire frame length of the feint version shortened from 27F->24F.

Chun-li
[EX Hyakuretsukyaku]: Distance the move covers until hit detection has been increased. Tough combos should be easier to connect with now.
[close HP]: Causes additional 1F guard stun on opponent. Push back distance from a hit has been decreased by about half. So [close HP] -> [H. Spinning Bird Kick] combo is now possible (290 damage, 400 stun).
[H. Spinning Bird Kick]: Damage and stun adjusted to 200.
[Tenkukyaku] (MK during Kintekishu): Hit box enlarged downwards so it is easier to hit crouching opponents.

E-Honda
[H. Hundred Hand Slap]: Hit box towards the end has been increased, allowing for easier full combo hits off a [cr.LP].
[EX Oicho Throw]: Stun damage increased from 100->150.
[Orochi Breaker]: Command has been simplified so it will be easier to use from now on.

Blanka
[EX Vertical Roll]: Now causes knockdown on hit. However on block, Blanka will now land even closer to the opponent so the risk is greater.

Zangief
[far HP]: Deals knockdown damage on hit.

Guile
[Flash Kick]: Deep hit now deals an additional +10 damage across the board: light 110, medium 130, heavy 140 damage.
[Sonic Hurricane]: Damage distribution has been changed from the existing 150+15*4+90 to 90+30*4+90. Total damage has not changed, but [Flash Kick] -> [Sonic Hurricane] combo now does an additional 50 damage or so.
[Reverse Spin Kick]: Causes additional 1F of hit stun, leading to a total of +5F on hit.

Dhalsim
[LP]: Causes additional 1F of hit stun, leading to a total of +2F on hit. So [LP] -> [EX Yoga Flame] combo now works.
[Yoga Blast]: On hit, light and medium version recovery has been reduced by 10F, heavy version recovery has been reduced by 5F.

Balrog
[Dirty Bull]: Command has been simplified so it will be easier to use from now on.

Vega
[Bloody High Claw]: Hit properties have been adjusted. For example, the Ultra will now combo properly after a [Cosmic Heel] (df+HK).
[EX Sky High Claw]: Hit box has been enlarged downwards, making it easier to connect the whole thing.

Sagat
[cr.MP]: Hit box has been enlarged towards Sagat’s base, fixing a problem that caused it to whiff against certain crouching opponents.

M.Bison
[HK]: Damage from a shallow hit increased from 80->90.

C.Viper
[Air Burning Kick]: Damage reduced from 100->90.

Rufus
[Big Bang Typhoon]: Adjusted move properties so that opponents won’t drop out early after an air hit.
[Target Combo]: Hit box of the 2nd hit has been enlarged downwards, making it easier to hit crouching opponents.
[EX Galactic Tornado]: Opponents who are hit by the suction part of the move now gain an additional 7F of stun. It will consume a lot of meter, but by performing an [EX Focus Cancel] afterwards, Rufus will now be at a maximum +8F. This will allow for new combo opportunities.

El Fuerte
[EX Guacamole Leg Throw]: El Fuerte’s stun after landing has been reduced by 3F, making it 10F total.

Abel
[Breathless]: Removed throw invincibility from the lunge to hit detection period. It still has throw invincibility from startup to lunge period.

Seth
[Shoryuken]: Excluding the EX version, when the 2nd hit is blocked, opponent guard stun has been reduced by 2F. Seth is now -3F when doing [Shoryuken (2nd hit blocked)] -> [EX Focus Cancel] -> [Forward Dash].

Akuma
No additional changes since the “SSFIV AE Ver.2012 Alpha” location test.

Gouken
[Sakotsukudaki] (f+MP): Hit box enlarged downwards, active frames changed to 4F. Hit stop and guard stop time has been changed from medium attack length to heavy attack length. Hittable area has been reduced, making it easier to dodge crouching attacks.
[Forbidden Shoryuken]: Startup greatly reduced from 11F->3F, which makes it easier to combo and counterattack with.
[far MP]: Deals additional 1F of hit stun, and is now special/super cancelable. Thus [far MP] -> [M. Senkugoshoha] combo is now possible.
[far HP]: Active hit frames changed from 3F->5F.
[close HK]: Active hit frames of first part changed from 2F->5F.
[Denjin Hadouken]: Lever rotations needed to speed up the move have been reduced.

obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Thread
« Reply #1354 on: September 21, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
:hyper
ど助平

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #1355 on: September 21, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
That Seth nerf seems pretty substantial. Poongko loves his DP FADC.
BiSH

Robo

« Reply #1356 on: September 21, 2011, 10:24:13 PM »
And the rest:

Cammy
[Quick Spin Knuckle]: Push back distance on block has been reduced, and follow ups from Cammy such as [cr.LK], etc, are now considered to be a true block string.

Fei Long
[Engekishu] (f+HK): 2nd hit is now super cancelable; however total move damage has been decreased from 150->130.

Sakura
[Sakura Otoshi]: Changed difficulty of command input, and adjusted it so that the move will not come out from button releases.

Rose
[EX Soul Reflect]: Move is invincible to projectiles until frame 7, and shot reflection occurs from frame 5. This makes it easier to instantly reflect projectiles.
[Soul Satellite]: Fixed a glitch that caused the EX version to come out when doing the command input and holding up-left on the controller.

Gen
[EX Jyasen]: Opponent stun is +1F if the hit right before the last hit connects. Thus [FADC] afterwards gives Gen a max +8F.
[Lv1 Focus Attack]: Properties have been changed based on which stance Gen is in.
    •    [Mantis Style]: Forward dash after a hit gives even frames to both players.
    •    [Crane Style]: Forward dash after a block gives even frames to both players.
[EX Oga]: Damage increased from 100->150. Variation of the move [Far Kick] during EX is now faster, and a hit allows for further combo opportunities.
[Crane Style cr.MK]: Now +1F on hit, -1F on block. Hittable area has been reduced.

Dan

T.Hawk
[EX Condor Dive]: On hit, the move retains projectile invincibility until end of recovery.
[Heavy Shoulder] (d+MP): Can now be done from a vertical jump.
[Condor Spire]: Simplified command has been changed back to what it is in the current SSFIV AE.
[Raging Slash]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

Dee Jay
[close HK]: If the first hit connects it forces the opponent to stand, and the 2nd hit is now super cancelable. Move is now -2F on block.

Guy
[Wall Jump]: Can now attack earlier after the initial jump off the wall.
[Bushin Hasoken]: Hit box on the last part is enlarged, making it easier to connect the full Super Combo.
[Bushin Muso Renge]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

Cody

Ibuki
[Bonsho Kick]: Push back distance after hit has been reduced, and on counter-hit it is easier to follow up with combos.
[Yoroitoshi]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

Makoto
No additional changes since the “SSFIV AE Ver.2012 Alpha” location test.   :lol

Dudley
[Jet Upper]: Startup of light and medium versions changed from 6F to 5F, heavy version changed from 4F to 3F.
[Short Swing Blow]: On hit, medium and heavy versions do additional 2F of hit stun, giving Dudley +2F total.
[Ducking Upper]: Startup changed back to what it is in existing SSFIV AE.
[cr.MK]: Startup changed from 10F->8F and active frames lengthened from 5F->6F, making it a better poking tool.
[Rolling Thunder]: First hit will not connect against airborne opponents, but from 2nd hit onwards there is additional hit detection against airborne opponents.

Adon
[Jaguar Kick]: Hittable area of light and medium versions has been enlarged. Hittable area of heavy version remains the same, but damage has been reduced from 140->130.
[close MK]: Properties have been changed back to what it is in existing SSFIV AE.

Hakan

Juri
[Senpusha]: Hit stun has been adjusted so [FADC] after light version gives +6F on the first hit, +3F on the second. Medium and heavy versions gives +6F for either hit, and EX gives +3F on first hit and +8F on second hit.
[close MP]: Startup changed from 5F->3F, making it easier to connect combos up close.

Yun
[Zenpo Tenshin]: Startup of light, medium, heavy versions changed from 11F->10F.
[LK]: Block stun increased by 1F, giving total +2 on block.
[Target Combo 3]: 2nd hit is now super cancelable.

Yang
[EX Tourou Zan]: Will not come out on button releases.
[Byakko Soshouda]: Only during [Seiei Enbu], total move frames have been changed back to what they are in the current SSFIV AE.
[Target Combo 3]: 3rd hit is now causes knockdown, and is super cancelable.
[Back Step]: Special cancel timing towards the end is changed from frame 24 to frame 26.

Evil Ryu
[cr.HK]: Startup changed from 6F->7F, damage from 90->100, active frames from 2F->3F.
[H. Shoryuken]: First hit damage changed from 90->100, for a total of 160.

Oni
[Air Hadou Dash]: Can now be canceled into Ultra Combo I [Metsu Gouzanku] on hit or block.
[L. or H. Air Hadou Dash]: Hit box size has been enlarged.
[EX Air Tatsumaki Zankukyaku]: Falling trajectory changed to become vertical when canceled from [L. or M. Air Hadou Dash]. Damage changed to 140, stun to 200, and move is now only 1 hit.
[Air Raging Demon]: Modified so that it will only hit airborne opponents, and can be used in combos. Damage has been reduced from 370->320. Normal [Raging Demon] is still a throw.
[M. Demon Slash]: Active projectile invincibility frames increased from 16F->19F.

obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 2012 Update Now Up!
« Reply #1357 on: December 13, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »
SSF4 AE 2012 Edition DLC is out today!  Should already be up for XBL.
ど助平

Enl

« Reply #1358 on: December 13, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »
Gouken and Gen buffs here I come! Any word on when the PC patch is supposed to be up?
mmm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1359 on: December 13, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
Gouken and Gen buffs here I come! Any word on when the PC patch is supposed to be up?

IS there a PC patch?   :lol  Capcom doesn't seem to care.
ど助平