Author Topic: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.  (Read 2083113 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Re: The TV shows you've seen recently thread.
« Reply #10080 on: October 07, 2014, 09:22:35 PM »
how can you watch stuff like game of thrones in sd

"wow, they have pretty small armies, there's only like five dudes there"
sup

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10081 on: October 07, 2014, 09:27:18 PM »
I mainly use my TV for sports, and I watch shows online. I'm gonna get an HDTV soon brehs, don't hate.

honestly I'm kind of bummed about getting cable for the first time. I'll watch a movie every now and then on tv - for instance Shawshank Redemption was on last week and I watched it, Mean Girls was on a few days ago, etc - but overall I really can't concentrate on watching anything unless it's football or basketball (and sometimes baseball). The constant commercial breaks are annoying, and the picture is formatted to fit my shitty tv :beli

I have HBO for free right now, and it's pretty meh. No commercials but the lineup seems to revolve around Lethal Weapon 2, Big Momma's House, and The Hobbit.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10082 on: October 07, 2014, 10:21:52 PM »
The Arrow pep talk was so cheesey but so perfect.

Yulwei

« Reply #10083 on: October 07, 2014, 10:26:01 PM »
Haven't watched anything in a while.

Right now I am trying to decide if I want to give sci-fi shows another go. I watched some Star Trek TNG last year and hated it. Watched 2 or 3 eps of Babylon 5 and it was okay but there was really nothing about it that made me want to keep watching. Watched the Stargate SG1 movie and it was the same thing.   :larry

Maybe I'll just stick to books.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #10084 on: October 08, 2014, 08:21:44 AM »
I'm probably alone here but I gotta say I'm just about done with this whole super hero spergfit. Can we do something else now?

:whew
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #10085 on: October 08, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »
I'm probably alone here but I gotta say I'm just about done with this whole super hero spergfit. Can we do something else now?

:whew

Idk but I think it's funny that the two guys dapping you up and agreeing with you are comic book neckbeards (PD and Wrath)

dunno. Yea it's old but recently I've enjoyed Arrow,  Guardians and the new Captain America movie so :yeshrug

Still pretty bland fare but I don't see how it's different from any other blockbuster wave.

I just feel, TV wise, they are going to go the way of the 90210 clones. Big for years....then nada.
YMMV

cool breeze

« Reply #10086 on: October 08, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »
a good show is a good show

about The Flash.  when your stepsister/childhood friend says she considers you her brother, and she's turned down your advances before, I'm not sure the right move is to keep pushing for it.

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #10087 on: October 08, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »

about The Flash.  when your stepsister/childhood friend says she considers you her brother, and she's turned down your advances before, I'm not sure the right move is to keep pushing for it.

No wonder GAF loves it. Rings a familiar tone.
YMMV

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10088 on: October 08, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »

I'm just glad that at least it's a black girl involved now. Let her cook and the superhero whiteboy thirst.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10089 on: October 08, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »
Started Episodes the other day, seems pretty good so far.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10090 on: October 08, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »

It's really good. I don't know how they managed to get three seasons because you're one of like five people I know that are aware of it though.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10091 on: October 08, 2014, 08:43:22 PM »
Shield was decent.  Sky is good this season.  She is also sexy as fuck in her hood.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #10092 on: October 08, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »
Supernatural season 6 finale ends on an interesting note.
nat

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10093 on: October 08, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
Rectify makes my eyes rain  :'( :'( :'(
zzzzz

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10094 on: October 08, 2014, 10:25:40 PM »
Just watched the end of S2E1 huh

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10095 on: October 08, 2014, 10:31:30 PM »
Yeah  :'( :'( :'(
zzzzz

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10096 on: October 08, 2014, 11:01:25 PM »
Kerwin and Daniel, prison bros in a dream world  :(

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10097 on: October 08, 2014, 11:10:18 PM »
Kerwin talking about how Daniel's innocence and chance of getting out gave him something to keep him going.

"You're my best friend, Kerwin"

:tocry :tocry :tocry :tocry

Plowing through season 2 right now. On episode 3. This show is so fucking good.
zzzzz

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10098 on: October 08, 2014, 11:11:56 PM »
Wait till you get to the run of craziness that is eps 7-8-9-10

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #10099 on: October 08, 2014, 11:15:56 PM »
I wish season 2 was on Netflix. I'm spoiled now and don't want to go back to torrenting. :shaq2

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10100 on: October 08, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »
Season 2 is on Canadian Netflix. Basically our only video streaming W ever.
zzzzz

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #10101 on: October 09, 2014, 12:16:04 AM »

It's really good. I don't know how they managed to get three seasons because you're one of like five people I know that are aware of it though.
It's getting a fourth season. It does okay for showtime, but it's a joint production with BBC Two and it does better over there. (And the creator/producer is one of the two creators of Friends.)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10102 on: October 09, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »
The penguin being a blooming serial killer is pretty good.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10103 on: October 09, 2014, 12:28:35 AM »
:lol Barbra use to lez it up with the female cop

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #10104 on: October 09, 2014, 12:49:29 AM »
I can't handle all of Arrow anymore. I need to fast forward the awful bullshit.
reckt

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #10105 on: October 09, 2014, 12:56:15 AM »
Scratch that I can't watch this shit anymore. Sorry but this cape shit on tv needs to :camby:
reckt

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10106 on: October 09, 2014, 09:36:42 AM »
:lol at the redskins episode of south park.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #10107 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:20 PM »
This season of South Park seems like there is going to be a lot more focus on continuity. Last nights episode of transgender/cisgender issues had a lot to do with the previous episode about Randy/Lorde.
WDW

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10108 on: October 09, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »
Ya, I'm liking it and I never finished of the fantasy episodes last season.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #10109 on: October 09, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »
did they rustle jimmies with the trans ep?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10110 on: October 09, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »
I don't really think so, other than there were really no real trans people there other than maybe Randy.  Then again south park always rustles jimmies even with pretty tame shit. 

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #10111 on: October 09, 2014, 02:43:26 PM »
Probably, they rustle jimmies with every episode. The B plot from the episode last night was about jimmies rustled from a throwaway joke from the previous episode.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the previous episode there was a running joke how Stan Marsh worked with a relative of Lorde and cold get her to play at a concert. At the end of the episode during the concert Randy just dressed like Lorde for the concert and no one noticed. And ridiculously, jimmies were rustled:

http://www.spin.com/articles/lorde-south-park-spoof-comedy-central/

So the B plot from last night's episode was about how Randy Marsh actually was Lorde and how a Spin magazine reporter was doing an expose on it.
[close]
WDW

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10112 on: October 09, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
:lol that spin article.  It makes the joke way better. 

etiolate

« Reply #10113 on: October 09, 2014, 04:16:33 PM »
Arrow kind of started out going over some old mistakes the show made in the first season, but then shit got real at the end.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10114 on: October 09, 2014, 08:20:35 PM »
Letterman... my first time watching him in about 20 years probably :P
^_^

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10115 on: October 09, 2014, 11:56:55 PM »
The concept of Hatsune Miku is cyberpunk as fuck -- if only the music was any good.

Also, How To Get Away With Murder is way more interesting in the Shondaland 2-hr block than Scandal is currently. Scandal S4 is basically like Revenge S4 and they're both pretty soap opera as fuck, and not in the good way like Rectify is at times.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #10116 on: October 10, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »
Taste is always subjective but my first instinct watching the Letterman performance was this is odd.... Maybe this is the point where pop culture completely passes me by...

That being said, maybe its just that I didn't think the song was very good and if I had liked the song, I would have thought the whole thing was cool rather than odd.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10117 on: October 10, 2014, 01:03:32 AM »
All caught up on Rectify. Ugggggggggggggh. Way to end the season with like 10 concurrent cliffhangers.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

What a phenomenal show. What a wonderful age we live in where a show can be this great, be completely unwatched by just about everyone, and still get at least three seasons.
zzzzz

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10118 on: October 10, 2014, 01:26:15 AM »
All caught up on Rectify. Ugggggggggggggh. Way to end the season with like 10 concurrent cliffhangers.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

What a phenomenal show. What a wonderful age we live in where a show can be this great, be completely unwatched by just about everyone, and still get at least three seasons.
YES! So glad you're onboard. Rectify is indeed fucking incredible. They made the Season 2 finale with the assumption they wouldn't get S3, so we'll see how that goes. S3 is going to be a shorter season than 2.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #10119 on: October 10, 2014, 01:41:08 AM »
Supernatural season 7

Like, am I supposed to believe Sam would leave Dean over that? That suddenly? After all the stuff they've been through?
[close]

nat

etiolate

« Reply #10120 on: October 10, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »
Last season of Legend of Korra going on. Previous season was earlier this year and really good overall. Kind of odd to see the Avatar series spiral down in ratings due to a mishandled launch.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #10121 on: October 10, 2014, 04:06:19 PM »

YES! So glad you're onboard. Rectify is indeed fucking incredible. They made the Season 2 finale with the assumption they wouldn't get S3, so we'll see how that goes. S3 is going to be a shorter season than 2.

That would've been a cruel way to end the series. I'd suspect this show won't be getting another season, since it seems pretty miraculous it even got its third. I read the season 2 finale was watched by less than 100,000 people. :-\ Then again, who has even heard of Sundance TV?
zzzzz

etiolate

« Reply #10122 on: October 10, 2014, 04:08:45 PM »
Arrow kind of started out going over some old mistakes the show made in the first season, but then shit got real at the end.

show is really overusing the, we can't date because of (i'm a superhero and do superhero thangs)

just way tired of it in superhero shit. Let the relationship play out, let things go wrong, let it go right. It's more interesting that way.

Due to Felicity's response, I think they could still do this. I am not sure they will though. Felicity is still involved on a day to day basis with the Arrow, so it's not like he has to be someone different.

But Laurel may be making a change of character now, so I hope they don't revisit that mistake.

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10123 on: October 10, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »

That would've been a cruel way to end the series. I'd suspect this show won't be getting another season, since it seems pretty miraculous it even got its third. I read the season 2 finale was watched by less than 100,000 people. :-\ Then again, who has even heard of Sundance TV?
It's still the centerpiece of Sundance TV's original programming + the critical acclaim has helped buoy it from season to season. 3 seasons would be good enough for this show, i think.

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10124 on: October 11, 2014, 12:19:44 AM »
The Knick has definitely become the most depressing show on TV. Ugh.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #10125 on: October 11, 2014, 03:40:33 AM »
Felicia Day just showed up on Supernatural

i dunno.... i dunno.
nat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10126 on: October 11, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »
Finished Penny Dreadful. I’d summarize the whole thing as good but somewhat indulgent in our willingness to suspend disbelief. Eva Green and Timothy Dalton steal the whole show. Josh Harkness does wonders with his character. I am somewhat impressed with Dr. Frankenstein’s actor’s ability. Actually, There’s no shortage of acting talent on the show, but the characters are not given even handling. Billie Piper’s character starts off looking like a main character, but is nearly immediately reduced to a bedridden and tragic lump which mysteriously motivates Harkness’ character. Frankenstein’s Monster, after a fantastic introduction, fluctuates wildly between a sensitive but socially clumsy theater geek to a kind of absurdly murderous intrusion into any scene where his creator is even mildly happy, a lethal version of Monty Python’s Spanish Inquisition.  I am, however, committed to seeing season 2 each week as it comes out. Pretty awesome.

Started Z Nation, and am kind of interested. It’s by The Asylum, who are known for releasing mockbusters such as Transmorphers, The Day the Earth Stopped, and Snakes on a Train. It has the level of quality you’d expect from them. The only known actor on the show is Horrold Perennium, a who played 2nd tier characters on Lost and the Matrix sequels. Any shot which can be composited together from various other shots, is. Nothing makes any sense, and the show embraces it. It’s fun, nonsensical, and even whimsical in its use of visceral violence. I’ll watch a few more.

This isn’t real, but I’d watch it:

i dunno.... i dunno.

Enh. I like her. Supernatural producers know their target demo pretty well. Without having seen it, it is lame for me to say this, but it was probably a well-calculated move.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10127 on: October 11, 2014, 11:09:46 AM »
Chrono:

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10128 on: October 11, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »

i dunno.... i dunno.

SN diehards fucking hate but they tend to hate every single female character that has popped up on the show that isn't Jo or Jo's mom. She never bothered me though and I've liked every episode she's shown up. I loved SN s5 finale, and would have been okay if it ended there but even at the series' worst (season 6) it's still really entertaining to me.

My feeling with the whole show though, is if you stuck it out for 8 or 9 seasons and you're still bitching about the brothers always fighting & breaking up just stop watching. At this point you should know that this is what the show is and will always be now. Sam will always be the lost kinda spirit, Dean will always be hypermasculine dudebro, Castiel forever suffering quietly etc etc

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #10129 on: October 12, 2014, 02:14:14 AM »
Watched the first episode of Jack Taylor. The deadbeat dick schtick was pretty staid and the mystery got hilariously unbelievable by the end but I'll probably watch a few more eps. :larry

e: Ser Jorah being emo for 90 minutes. :lawd

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #10130 on: October 12, 2014, 03:55:04 AM »
I can watch Supernatural just for Castiel’s schtick. I may end up going back to the series some day for more of that, and as stated the bros’ dynamic is really the main point of the show. It’s just that s5 also had a really good, solid arc for the bros to play off of. It felt like finishing a really good meal, where I’d /almost/ eaten too much, but actually had eaten just enough, and spent the rest of the evening pleased. Going on, it’d feel like ordering three desserts and wishing I’d just played it smart and gone home.

Still: What kind of madman turns down dessert?

etiolate

« Reply #10131 on: October 12, 2014, 07:02:33 PM »
I'm still watching Homeland. Didn't think I would. =|

Quinn is easily the best part of the show at this point. He will break your face with waffles if you insult his date.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #10132 on: October 12, 2014, 10:18:11 PM »
Boardwalk Empire:

Nelson's end was expected, but he had Capone shitting himself, so he went out okay. Dunno if we'll see Eli again. Chalky's end was 100% pure "we need to wrap this up and do some kind of poetic blackout thing" television bullshit. He could have killed Narcisse right there in that room, and even though he'd have still been killed afterward everything else would have ended up the same.
[close]
sup

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #10133 on: October 13, 2014, 09:39:49 AM »
Just watched about 1/2 of supernatural season 9....They really need to get god into this shit soon. I mean I love the series but it just drags on now.
YMMV

ZephyrFate

« Reply #10134 on: October 13, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
The Affair was good and has two Wire alums

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #10135 on: October 13, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
Yeah, that was all right, I thought they'd drag that Terminus storyline out for at least a few more episodes, but then Walking Dead MVP Carol brought it on home. This could be a good season if they keep up that pace.

but they won't
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #10136 on: October 13, 2014, 04:48:53 PM »
catching up with Doctor Who.  latest episode was great.  Capaldi Doctor is a big step up.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10137 on: October 13, 2014, 06:03:18 PM »
Walking Dead opener was great, but I expect the rest of the season to be pointless wandering through the woods

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #10138 on: October 13, 2014, 06:04:04 PM »
Finale of Supernatural season 8 was some epic ass shit, yo.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #10139 on: October 13, 2014, 08:32:14 PM »
Supernatural season 9:

This whole thing where Sam keeps waking up to weird stuff after Ezekiel takes over and Dean has to lie that Sam hit his head and got knocked out is getting to be pretty hilarious. I wonder how far they're gonna take this.
[close]
nat